PDA

View Full Version : how do you make a door

Von croy1992
05-05-08, 21:08
how do you make a door

Seth94
05-05-08, 21:18
Where there's two rooms next to each other, select a part of the wall and press door. :D

Titak
05-05-08, 21:22
Welcome to this forum, Von croy1992! :wve:

I've changed your topic title to a more recognisable one. ;)

Seth94
05-05-08, 21:23
I don't like the way Von Croy 1992 descibes us Tomb Raider Players. :mad:

Von croy1992
05-05-08, 21:24
easy now titak i know what tomb raider is, ive seen the films..............:D:D:D:D:D

Seth94
05-05-08, 21:25
easy now titak i know what tomb raider is, ive seen the films..............:D:D:D:D:D

Titak doesn't mean that. You should make your titles understandable so that anyone can help you. :)

God Horus
05-05-08, 21:27
lol, I remember like 5 months ago when Titak taught me how to make doors.

Anyways, what you need to do is make two rooms next to each other. Move them by using the right clicker in 2d map. Now, you need to select one of the gray bits in the little 2d map in the top left hand corner. Hit the black door button, and it will connect the two rooms. But what editor does is make a huge door, so click on the door and use ceiling + and - buttons to scale it.

If you are making a house or building, it is good to add a door object between the two rooms. Looks more attractive than just a huge gaping hole.

Read the manual and build the tutorial level (make sure to do it with old winroomedit). This will improve your skills.

Also, welcome to the forums! :wve: I hope you have a nice time here :D

Hotshot1981
05-05-08, 21:31
You simply pray to god and CABOOM!!!!!! you have a door, MUST WORN YOU NOT THAT RELIABLE!!!!!!:cen:

God Horus
05-05-08, 21:38
You simply pray to god and CABOOM!!!!!! you have a door, MUST WORN YOU NOT THAT RELIABLE!!!!!!:cen:

Hi, :wve:

Post helpful stuff, don't clog up other threads with stuff like this.

Hotshot1981
05-05-08, 22:03
Sorry, new to site but i was making games a long time now. I know how this site works got wrong idea, be constructive thats it isnt it:D:D:D

Lara_Fan
05-05-08, 22:06
Yeah, and don't make bad impressions by "shouting" for example :)

Spikey
05-05-08, 22:30
Spamming like a maniac isn't going to get you anywhere either. :o Especially for a "26 year old female", who I'd assume to be a little more...mature?

Anyway, I dunno what it is with people making such unwelcoming or pointless opening posts lately, it seems to be the duplicate-accounts syndrome, and at the minute, I'm really getting a kind of, how should I say...hotshotvoncroymissperfect feeling going on here.

stranger1992
05-05-08, 22:34
:mad:Please read the manual. That i know isnt helpful but how on earth do u expect to learn without it ??????:hea:

Christi
06-05-08, 00:29
Stranger, you and I both know that the Manual is excesively long and it is very hard t understand as well. Just give the guy a break because we all know we started just like him. WELCOME VONCROY1992. You can Private Message me with any problems or questions and I will help you as much as I can.

stranger1992
06-05-08, 07:32
We did not all start like that. I read the manual, several times. I have done the tutorial 3 times over the years. There is no hope for soeone that dosent at least take a look at it.

But you are right it is confusing. I am a native english speaker so I dread to think what it is like for a non-native.

Spikey
06-05-08, 09:34
And if Voncroy1992 isn't an English native speaker, then it would handy to know which language he/she uses so that we can point out a fitting manual. ;)

Because, seriously, most of us are likely to never get anywhere without the manual. :o

Christi
06-05-08, 20:26
We did not all start like that. I read the manual, several times. I have done the tutorial 3 times over the years. There is no hope for soeone that dosent at least take a look at it.

But you are right it is confusing. I am a native english speaker so I dread to think what it is like for a non-native.

YOU READ THE WHOLE THING!:yik: wowzerz...

stranger1992
06-05-08, 20:33
ermmm yeah thats what you are supposed to do right? In fact I have done the tutorial 3 times- 2001 (when i got trc) ,2005 (when i returns to building )and 2007 because i was bored...so yep...

Zelda master
07-05-08, 11:11
YOU READ THE WHOLE THING!:yik: wowzerz...

He's not the only one i also read it more then once... but still there are things not handled in the Manual, but making doors is a basic and is fully explained in the manaul;)

Titak
07-05-08, 18:11
Same here.
I wouldn't have come this far if I hadn't started with the manual/tutorial first. :D

I wanted to build levels looking the way the Core levels looked so I just had to work my way through the tutorial right away to achieve that goal. ;)
(That and the fact that I didn't have internet of my own back then so I couldn't ask questions on a forum. :vlol:)

Seth94
07-05-08, 19:52

That must have taken you a time. But very good. :tmb:

I scanned the manual for bits I need to help me.

For example, I didn't look at the very basics on doors and stuff, because I learnt that myself when editing. :D

thecentaur
07-05-08, 20:25
i started with the tutorial level, but got bored up to the dome room.

i ended up learning most everything else from experience.

also, whenever i am not sure what to do, i look to the manual for reference :D

Christi
07-05-08, 22:57
GAWSH guys I would go crazy reading that whole manula rofl...isn't this thread about Von Croy1992??:p

Spikey
08-05-08, 08:12
I've read the manual a few times now, and then just go and pick select sections as and when I need them. :) I like to read that bit about the Gold games with the pretty pictures for inspiration. :p

GAWSH guys I would go crazy reading that whole manula rofl...isn't this thread about Von Croy1992??:p

Well, Von croy1992 is banned for however long. So...I dunno where that leaves us.