PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone complete Himalayan Mysteries

Hotshot1981
06-05-08, 18:41
Did anyone complete himalayan mysteries and if you did how long did it take
I'm nearly done it. whats fav bit it is a legend of a game

Greenkey2
06-05-08, 18:48
There's already a thread dedicated to HM here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=32912) :wve:

Hotshot1981
06-05-08, 18:51
sorry about that didnt realise

Piega
06-05-08, 19:05
That's not bad. This topic is about if you finished or not. I think Titia will like it :) There are so many players that dont review including me. I'm still playing it but slowly.

The huge cave area was a struggle but I managed with the walkthrough. I'm now in the spaceship and playing without walkthrough again. I pickup the game once in a while so it will probably take some weeks more to finish.

I found it strange that the window bug is never mentioned. It is beta tested a lot right? There are windows you can go through. Just walk and jump constantly on the sides and Lara will go through the window. This only counts for the static ones in the center of a square. It saved me from a firetrap and I got some shortcuts :)

Hotshot1981
06-05-08, 19:21
Thanks piega

I'm the same i pick it up now and again and sometimes i get addicted

Seth94
06-05-08, 20:11
I finished it a time ago now.

It took me 3 hours 45 minutes. :D

Christi
06-05-08, 20:19
Gawsh..I havn't completed the Frozen in Settlement level yet. MAD FUN GAME TITIA

jeffrey van oort
06-05-08, 22:08
It took me 11 hours and 10 minutes.
(All secrets included and explored all things and options:)) First try without walkthrough (Hints on forums used):D

Inkheart
06-05-08, 22:13
(All secrets included and explored all things and options:)) First try without walkthrough (Hints on forums used):D

Yep, me too. But I got about two secrets, and I did it in about seven and a half hours. Marvellous game! My favourite level is the monastery, but I love Icy Waters as well. Fantastic stuff!

Hotshot1981
06-05-08, 22:22
I completed it today took about 12hrs everything included

Thanks for comments titak is the best game maker

Spikey
07-05-08, 07:33
Yep, I completed it a while ago, and it's definitely one of my favourite custom levelsets yet. :D I still didn't get around to reviewing though, for some reason. :o

Gameplay, visuals, atmosphere and audio were all brilliant, it was a really immersive game. :tmb:

Kitkat
07-05-08, 11:53
I still didn't get around to reviewing though, for some reason. :o

Shame on you Spike! :( {She says checking that she has reviewed it! ;) }

Gameplay, visuals, atmosphere and audio were all brilliant, it was a really immersive game. :tmb:

:tmb: Definately. :)

Titak
07-05-08, 18:08
I found it strange that the window bug is never mentioned. It is beta tested a lot right? There are windows you can go through. Just walk and jump constantly on the sides and Lara will go through the window. This only counts for the static ones in the center of a square. It saved me from a firetrap and I got some shortcuts :)
None of the betatesters found it and neither did I.
But I'll keep this in mind.
I already have some other windows sitting in the middle of the tile in my current project, so... :D

I guess enlarging the collisionbox on the sides of the windowmesh (so the collisionbox will extend inside the walls) will solve this bug. ;)

Piega
07-05-08, 18:37
No it wont :) See that is the problem. It has to do with wall collision. When Lara jumps the collision of the wall will count before the static or animating collision. This is why Lara will move slightly forward through the window. With a few jumps she is through. This nasty bug can also be executed with pushing blocks.

You can only solve it with toggle opacity. I have a trick though as I have many of these walls in a small labyrinth. I put a small invisible static on the floor slightly bigger then the fence or window. When Lara jumps she will move forward but when she reach the floor the second invisible floor static will push Lara back. I hope you understand what I mean.

Rexie
07-05-08, 18:41

THERE IS A WALKTROUGH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :yik: :eek: :yik:

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!

Explorer
07-05-08, 19:41
Not completed but currently playing these levels. Feels kind of TR3, when it comes to the sounds anyway.

Lara is one strong gal, pushing big rocks and all!

The Willard look-alike decided to go for a swim!
http://shutter15.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/22/001/5F/49/28/7F/5lTa6gchBiaxfpB7ZPlBaqGuTrgyA6Qs0280.jpg

@ Kitkat Off topic but glad to see I'm not the only one to be guilty of a small number of posts despite joining the forum years ago ;)

Only TR lover
08-05-08, 13:59
BTW Does anybody have a save game file b4 the end of the game??? :rolleyes:

jeffrey van oort
08-05-08, 16:49

why would you want that?

McRaider
08-05-08, 17:55
I completed the game twice and for me the best of 2008 .

Titak
09-05-08, 10:30
No it wont :) See that is the problem. It has to do with wall collision. When Lara jumps the collision of the wall will count before the static or animating collision. This is why Lara will move slightly forward through the window. With a few jumps she is through. This nasty bug can also be executed with pushing blocks.

You can only solve it with toggle opacity. I have a trick though as I have many of these walls in a small labyrinth. I put a small invisible static on the floor slightly bigger then the fence or window. When Lara jumps she will move forward but when she reach the floor the second invisible floor static will push Lara back. I hope you understand what I mean.
Could you send me a screenshot of this setup in the LE?
I want to prevent this bug from happening in my current project. :D

@ Explorer:
Now why didn't you kill that guy before he could get into the water! :p
It looks funny!
I placed grey boxes along the shores of the lake but I guess he found a spot to get through anyway. :(

yesrushdt
09-05-08, 15:37
Not sure exactly how long it took me (probably like 15 hours, I'm a slow raider:D). Usually explore every square inch of a TR level thoroughly to try and find all the secrets/items. I didn't use a walkthrough or any hints from the main TRHM thread.:tea:

Explorer
09-05-08, 19:21
@ Explorer:
Now why didn't you kill that guy before he could get into the water! :p
It looks funny!
I placed grey boxes along the shores of the lake but I guess he found a spot to get through anyway. :(

Oh I felt like playing a game of cat and mouse :mis:
I wasen't expecting him to do that! I knew that could occur in TR3.
Even Lara can't walk underwater ;)

Only TR lover
09-05-08, 21:34
why would you want that?
Titia used my music in the last animation and I don't have enough time to play it from beginning and I would like to show it to my friends.

GeckoKid
09-05-08, 23:48
i love the new walking animations :P

Titak
10-05-08, 07:14
So do I. :p

Seth94
10-05-08, 20:34
Anyway, how would he be able to climb down off of the edge into the water which is what? ... more than 4 clicks high? :confused:

Explorer
10-05-08, 21:34

This site has savegames

http://tombraider.central-game.net/trle/treditor/18/himalayan_mysteries.htm

Anyway, how would he be able to climb down off of the edge into the water which is what? ... more than 4 clicks high? :confused:

Don't know, he just ran off the edge...