PDA

View Full Version : Wanting A TR1-3 Style Inventory In Your Game? I Do!

TombRaiderTim
07-05-08, 15:35
If only someone could make a program capable of making this dream for some people to come true! :DIt would be fantastic! What do you think guys? Share your opinions and thoughts!

]{eith
07-05-08, 15:51
A TR1-TR3 inventory would be very, very cool. Would it actually be possible to do though?

Zelda master
07-05-08, 15:52
I guess with heavy engine editing... or a simple TREP patch :p

]{eith
07-05-08, 15:54
Well if it was available, I'd use it for every custom level I ever make. I much rather the old ring inventory.

Earthcane
07-05-08, 16:25
Circular inventory? Count me onboard! :tmb:

jeffrey van oort
07-05-08, 17:10
I'd love this.
I am not sure or it can be done..
It seems that the engine has been changed..

d|r
07-05-08, 21:25
I bet it could be done, but it would take a lot of hard work and wouldn't work exactly like the original TRI-III one.

Compass
07-05-08, 21:32
And of course a menu in TR1/TR2/TR3 style :D

Christi
07-05-08, 22:41
Maybe it can be kindof like a TRA style, were it whipps to the next item! It would be much easier to program right?

d|r
07-05-08, 23:33
Maybe it can be kindof like a TRA style, were it whipps to the next item! It would be much easier to program right?

The TRI-TRIII and TRA menu are the same, only the TRA menu spins faster when scrolling between items. It wouldn't be any easier to program.

TrKing_Rulz
08-05-08, 16:59
What about for a level where you gather no more items from start to finish, you gain all the items included into Metasequoia and place them in a ring, then for example you had LOAD, SAVE, FLARE_INV_ITEM you could put this mesh into these three. Then adjust the ENGLISH co-oridnates for these inventory items, then play. Then it would appear a spinning ring of objects which when you pressed > or < it would change the name? (As it usually does)?

jeffrey van oort
08-05-08, 17:06
What about for a level where you gather no more items from start to finish, you gain all the items included into Metasequoia and place them in a ring, then for example you had LOAD, SAVE, FLARE_INV_ITEM you could put this mesh into these three. Then adjust the ENGLISH co-oridnates for these inventory items, then play. Then it would appear a spinning ring of objects which when you pressed > or < it would change the name? (As it usually does)?

This is actually possible.. however this way you also need to make an animating object, actually several animating objects as the ring will get bigger and smaller..
If you have a game without collectables the game will get boring, because without an item thee is no puzzle to solve:D