PDA

View Full Version : TRNG problems

God Horus
07-05-08, 20:21
Beside from Re\Visioned, I am making a very short level running on TRNG. Now I want it to rain in the levels, but I am having some problems.

I have this line in my script:

Rain= RAIN_SINGLE_ROOMS

And in editor, (newest NGLE which came with TRNG engine), I have the rain option ticked. In game it does NOT rain. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, and yes I am running the game with the TRNG engine.

-off topic- do any of you know a program which I can use to resize an image to 256x512? Irfanview doesn't let me.

stranger1992
07-05-08, 20:22
have you pressed the outside button?

Tbuilder can resize textures.

thecentaur
07-05-08, 20:22
-make sure you have a horizon
-make sure you texture it with the black color
-make sure that the 'O' button is ticked on next to the room name

God Horus
07-05-08, 20:37
It's not a texture, it is the logo.

But anyways, thanks! I will try now.

stranger1992
07-05-08, 20:39
VSO image resizer is what I use then. it is freeware. :)

Inkheart
07-05-08, 20:49
I use paint or PhotoPlus 6 to shrink images, because I'm cheap and have no money. Making images bigger is difficult because of loss of quality with programs that work in pixels rather than vectors. Luckily, I haven't had to do it so far.

igor32
07-05-08, 20:54
PhotoFiltre, very good, it is freeware and a nice photoshop ;)

Titak
09-05-08, 10:41
In script:
Rain= RAIN_SINGLE_ROOMS

In NGLE:
- Press O button
- Set Rain to wanted intensity (1 to 4, 1 is hardly visible)
Do the above for every room where it is supposed to rain!

Theres no need for a horizon or texturing the ceiling with the 'transparant black' texture to make the rain visible. ;)
So you can also make it rain in an indoor room if that's needed for some reason. :D

jeffrey van oort
09-05-08, 11:01
In script:
Rain= RAIN_SINGLE_ROOMS

In NGLE:
- Press O button
- Set Rain to wanted intensity (1 to 4, 1 is hardly visible)
Do the above for every room where it is supposed to rain!

Theres no need for a horizon or texturing the ceiling with the 'transparant black' texture to make the rain visible. ;)
So you can also make it rain in an indoor room if that's needed for some reason. :D

can you also do this in Title levels?
and can you do it with a flipmap so that it rains after you trigger the flipmap and not before?
What about quicksand? How can you use that?

Titak
09-05-08, 12:59
I think it is possible to change the weather for certain rooms, but I haven't tried this yet. And it is alos possible to change the intensity of the weathereffect.
I read something about it in the TRNG manual I think... or in the script-help file. I didn't pay much attention to it then...

I haven't tried quicksand yet. ;)
I'm sure there is something in the TRNG manual about it.

Larson_1988
09-05-08, 13:01
I've tried quicksand, :D But i messed it up so Larson got floating i the middle of the air! :vlol: