PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Darko sequel-your thoughts?

touchthesky
09-05-08, 15:08
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44826

Donnie Darko Sequel Starts Filming May 18
May 9, 2008

Screen Daily reports that UK-based sales company Velvet Octopus will be launching sales in Cannes for S. Darko, billed as the sequel to the 2001 cult hit Donnie Darko. Fox has already taken North American rights for the $10 million-budgeted film.

Chris Fisher, who previously made Nightstalker and Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders, will direct.

Daviegh Chase reprises her role as Donnie's younger sister. The cast for S. Darko also includes Ed Westwick (Son of Rambow, Gossip Girl), Briana Evigan (Step Up 2: The Streets) and Justin Chatwin (Dragonball).

The story picks up seven years after the first film when little sister Samantha Darko and her best friend Corey are now 18 and on a roadtrip to Los Angeles when they are plagued by bizarre visions.

Producers have spoken to Richard Kelly about the project but he is not involved in any official capacity at this stage.

The project starts shooting May 18.

---

What are your guys thoughts on this? I am excited but at the same time worried.

Naomichi
09-05-08, 15:09
My thoughts are that this is pretty likely to be terrible, I wish it were otherwise but I just can't see it.

xXhayleyroxXx
09-05-08, 15:10
it doesnt sound as good as the first one but ill still watch it :D

donnie darko is one of my favourite films! lol

Endow
09-05-08, 15:18
Hmm. I don't see the point in a sequel, really.

Gregori
09-05-08, 15:33
stupid

Voni
09-05-08, 15:43
It doesn't need a sequel, why can't they leave well enough alone?!

interstellardave
09-05-08, 15:49
I found the first to be unbearable to watch... so the 2nd... UGH!!!

Encore
09-05-08, 16:21
* makes Darth Vader voice *

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Mad Tony
09-05-08, 16:23
It doesn't need a sequel, why can't they leave well enough alone?!I agree. Out of all the films I've watched in my life-time, this is one of the last films that needs a sequel.

Night Crawler
09-05-08, 16:24
Looking forward to it, enjoyed the first film, hope it's not a let down.

Nenya awakens
09-05-08, 17:13
What a load of tosh
it was a stand alone story, it worked as a one of film,
does not need a sequel

Kamrusepas
09-05-08, 17:15
No, no and no.

Voni
09-05-08, 17:46
Meh, bloody Hollywood. With them, it's the bottom line that counts rather than creativity.

Gregori
09-05-08, 18:06
Meh, bloody Hollywood. With them, it's the bottom line that counts rather than creativity.

thats exactly it. They only thing that they care about is their bottom line. the only way to influence them in a more creative direction would be for people to threaten their bottom line!!!

remote91
09-05-08, 18:46
The first was an amazing film, but really, we don't need a sequel!

TombRaiderLover
09-05-08, 18:46
Loved the first film to bits, but can't see this being any good. Still, knowing me, I'll watch this one out of curiosity. ;)

touchthesky
16-05-08, 14:41
http://www.petitiononline.com/sdarko/petition.html

Sign it if you're interested

Capt. Murphy
16-05-08, 14:53
My thoughts?

Forget it, Donnie, you're out of your element!

:tea:

touchthesky
29-08-08, 08:47
Does anyone know if this is the real deal?

http://condensadordefluzo.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/donniedarko2.jpg

Also, a question about Donnie Darko; Does anyone own the companion book? I am thinking of buying it but I want to know that it focuses solely on the movie and not on ten billion movies before it like some companion books do.

Legend 4ever
29-08-08, 09:15
It is problably gonna be a disaster or a mediocre movie and even if it is decent people will hate it not because it is bad, but because it ruined the memories of such a grand movie such as Donnie Darko.

Elmer
29-08-08, 09:26
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44826

Donnie Darko Sequel Starts Filming May 18
May 9, 2008

Screen Daily reports that UK-based sales company Velvet Octopus will be launching sales in Cannes for S. Darko, billed as the sequel to the 2001 cult hit Donnie Darko. Fox has already taken North American rights for the $10 million-budgeted film.

Chris Fisher, who previously made Nightstalker and Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders, will direct.

Daviegh Chase reprises her role as Donnie's younger sister. The cast for S. Darko also includes Ed Westwick (Son of Rambow, Gossip Girl), Briana Evigan (Step Up 2: The Streets) and Justin Chatwin (Dragonball).

The story picks up seven years after the first film when little sister Samantha Darko and her best friend Corey are now 18 and on a roadtrip to Los Angeles when they are plagued by bizarre visions.

Producers have spoken to Richard Kelly about the project but he is not involved in any official capacity at this stage.

The project starts shooting May 18.

---

What are your guys thoughts on this? I am excited but at the same time worried.

Well, the ending of Donnie Darko was a very closed one IMO.
So I hope they hired some very creative scriptwriters:)
If that's the case, everything will be fine:)

Fortune&Glory
29-08-08, 10:54
I agree. Out of all the films I've watched in my life-time, this is one of the last films that needs a sequel.

Hollyweird in their infinite idiocy.

thanatos
29-08-08, 12:03
What are you guys talking about, a sequel will be AWESOME. All they need to do is create a Back to the future style sequel, Smaantha finds she has time travelling powers like her brother and her and her friends go on a Hannah Montana style adventure to the FUTURE! Can't wait...

violentblossom
29-08-08, 12:47
Hmm. I don't see the point in a sequel, really.

stupid

It doesn't need a sequel, why can't they leave well enough alone?!

* makes Darth Vader voice *

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

What a load of tosh
it was a stand alone story, it worked as a one of film,
does not need a sequel

No, no and no.

The first was an amazing film, but really, we don't need a sequel!

It is problably gonna be a disaster or a mediocre movie and even if it is decent people will hate it not because it is bad, but because it ruined the memories of such a grand movie such as Donnie Darko.

Hollyweird in their infinite idiocy.

All these statements sum up my thoughts.

i hate Hollywood.