PDA

View Full Version : Session 9.

remote91
10-05-08, 16:44
"Tensions rise within an asbestos cleaning crew as they work in an
abandoned mental hospital with a horrific past that seems to be coming back."

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:QvTOMV6Q3jcNYM:http://www.impawards.com/2001/posters/session_nine.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.impawards.com/2001/posters/session_nine.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.impawards.com/2001/session_nine.html&h=755&w=510&sz=58&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=QvTOMV6Q3jcNYM:&tbnh=142&tbnw=96&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsession%2B9%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3 DN)

After being strongly advised to see this film, I took the plunge and bought if for a whole *gasp* Ģ3.99. I have to say it was worth every penny and it's one of the few horror films that I have seen that stayed with me for days after my first viewing because of the chilling story.

Though it did have a few downsides, I believe that the film makers had so much potential that they didnt use, and some of the moments in the film could have been done a bit better.

Anyway, who else has seen it and what effect did it have on you? :D

Survival
10-05-08, 16:53
One of the best horror movies ever made. You canīt go wrong with a movie that Silent Hill gave homage to :)

remote91
10-05-08, 16:54
One of the best horror movies ever made. You canīt go wrong with a movie that Silent Hill gave homage to :)
One of the main reasons I purchased this movie :whi:

Survival
10-05-08, 16:55
One of the main reasons I purchased this movie :whi:

I know! It never came out over here so sfter three years of waiting I ordered it from UK... and it was worth it :).

"I live in the weak and the wounded" ... *shudders*

*expects Rivendell to storm in in no time :D*

Rivendell
10-05-08, 16:55
Fear of the dark - the lights going off in that corridor, among other bits - they just ramped up the tension throughout the film. Fantastic stuff! :tmb: Glad you liked (right word? :mis: ) it!

remote91
10-05-08, 16:56
I know! It never came out over here so sfter three years of waiting I ordered it from UK... and it was worth it :).

"I live in the weak and the wounded" ... *shudders*
Did you know that the lady who did the voice for Mary also did it for Princess, Billy and Simon!

Chillingly talented.

edit:@ Rivendell now that I am thinking about it I really liked it. I am probably gonna watch it again tonight :p

I loved it when the lights went out in the corridor!

Does anyone else think the alternative ending/scenes would have been better to use than the original cut?

Survival
10-05-08, 17:00
Does anyone else think the alternative ending/scenes would have been better to use than the original cut?

I must say I prefer the final version... but I have to agree that majority of alternate/cut scenes was creepy. That old homeless lady was very well acted and I actually felt sorry for her.

Lol Rivendell :vlol:

remote91
10-05-08, 17:03
I must say I prefer the final version... but I have to agree that majority of alternate/cut scenes was creepy. That old homeless lady was very well acted and I actually felt sorry for her.

Lol at first I thought she was Mary..then I was like wait a second, she's dead!

I felt sorry for her too, but I also felt sorry for the actress because she had all of her scenes cut out! :p

EgyptianSoul
10-05-08, 17:04
A great movie. :) Saw it once and I really wanna see it again some time.

Survival
10-05-08, 17:04
Lol at first I thought she was Mary..then I was like wait a second, she's dead!

I felt sorry for her too, but I also felt sorry for the actress because she had all of her scenes cut out! :p
:vlol:
My favourite scene has to be the night "chase" in the basement... when that figure appears in the backround I just froze :eek:

remote91
10-05-08, 17:07
A great movie. :) Saw it once and I really wanna see it again some time.
You should really buy it, especially for the deleted scenes :D
:vlol:
My favourite scene has to be the night "chase" in the basement... when that figure appears in the backround I just froze :eek:
I know! I was so suprised because I thought it was about the paranormal but when you actually see the outline of a person in the tunnel its like :eek:!

Survival
10-05-08, 17:10
You should really buy it, especially for the deleted scenes :D

I know! I was so suprised because I thought it was about the paranormal but when you actually see the outline of a person in the tunnel its like :eek:!

I hated the close ups on the needle, and plastic eyes and his eyes in the majority of the movie... I just knew somethingīs gonna happen to him and it will have something to do with his eyes :eek:

remote91
10-05-08, 17:14
I hated the close ups on the needle, and plastic eyes and his eyes in the majority of the movie... I just knew somethingīs gonna happen to him and it will have something to do with his eyes :eek:
Lol I thought it was brutal when he takes off Harry's sunglasses and its just there, sticking out of his eye!

I was really shocked when Phil turned the corner and found Harry in his Y-fronts. I really didnt expect that to happen! I burst out laughing though when Jeff got out of the basement and dived into that packet of Oreos.

Survival
10-05-08, 17:15
Lol I thought it was brutal when he takes off Harry's sunglasses and its just there, sticking out of his eye!

I was really shocked when Phil turned the corner and found Harry in his Y-fronts. I really didnt expect that to happen! I burst out laughing though when Jeff got out of the basement and dived into that packet of Oreos.

Yeah that fas funny... I also loved Carusoīs "**** you!" pose :vlol:

Survival
10-05-08, 17:19
Whoops double post (kind of) sorry :)

remote91
10-05-08, 17:20
The movie also got me interested into the building itself... pitty it was demolitioned :(.
Yeah me too, I was on the imdb forums for session 9 and someone linked this great website that people post pictures on of old abandoned hospitals and asylums. Very creepy stuff.

Did a mod remove the picture I posted? Sorry, I thought it was appropriate.

Survival
10-05-08, 17:22
Yeah me too, I was on the imdb forums for session 9 and someone linked this great website that people post pictures on of old abandoned hospitals and asylums. Very creepy stuff.

Yup I believe someone indeed deleted your post :).

And you should try http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/ for more urban exploring:)

Elysia
10-05-08, 17:22

A moving gif of someone obviously swearing?

Not even close to being appropriate, I'm afraid.

remote91
10-05-08, 17:23
Yup I believe someone indeed deleted your post :).

And you should try http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/ for more :)
Thats the forum I was talking about! I spent ages looking at it, really interesting stuff :p
A moving gif of someone obviously swearing?

Not even close to being appropriate, I'm afraid.
I thought because it was soundless and...nevermind, it was a stupid thing to say!

Survival
10-05-08, 17:28
Thats the forum I was talking about! I spent ages looking at it, really interesting stuff :p

Yeah... itīs sad thereīs not much to actually explore here in Czech Republic... :).

remote91
10-05-08, 17:32
Yeah... itīs sad thereīs not much to actually explore here in Czech Republic... :).
I'm sure if you looked hard enough you'd find something :p

We probably have a load of places like the asylum used, but I would never have the guts to go inside one of them!

Noodleboy
11-05-08, 12:15
I thought the movie was ok.
It had the location, it had the atmosphere..

It just wasn't scary.

Though the recorded tapes were very interesting with those changing voices and all.

One thing I didn't like was the camera. Everything seemed crisp clear, but at the same time it felt like they used a cheap home-video camera (which they didn't because the camera was like the opposite of cheap)

remote91
11-05-08, 12:21
One thing I didn't like was the camera. Everything seemed crisp clear, but at the same time it felt like they used a cheap home-video camera (which they didn't because the camera was like the opposite of cheap)
Thats exactly what I couldnt put my finger on! Something about the camera used made it look like a made for TV movie from like 1995.

Survival
11-05-08, 12:29
Thats exactly what I couldnt put my finger on! Something about the camera used made it look like a made for TV movie from like 1995.

But thanks to that camera the night/day scenes are sho sharp and natural without need of any kind of lighting and postproduction manipulation :).