PDA

View Full Version : Photos: The Lara Croft Tomb Raider Collection

MAST
11-05-08, 10:56
* Edited on 05.07.08 because I have a better camera now and more remarks. *

Hey :D

I ordered the Lara Croft Tomb Raider Collection. I couldn't find so much clear pictures of it, so I made 11 pictures from the entire package.

Notes:
- The left side sais Laura Croft.

- The place where they talk about TR III shows a picture from TR II from the boat in Venice.

- TR II:GM is not included, TR I:UB is. TR III:TLA is also not included, but I don't think this is very strange, because it's a separate game.

- There are 3 boxes and 7 cd's, box 1 and 2 contain 2 cd's, box 3 contains 3 cd's.

- It is the Dutch version with also French texts. (The games are English though)

- The inside of the covers are black shining :D I like it.

This is the first picture:
http://trcollection.danielmast.nl/front.jpg

To see them all:
http://trcollection.danielmast.nl/

Hope you people can use the information ;)

KIKO
11-05-08, 11:02
That's a nice collection of TR's you have there. Before playing remember to install all patches for AOD, SCU, and GLIDOS for TR1.

MAST
11-05-08, 11:05
That's a nice collection of TR's you have there. Before playing remember to install all patches for AOD, SCU, and GLIDOS for TR1.

Yes.. I'm going to play them all from the begin, and at level 3 from TR I, I get the spinning logo from GLIDOS, so I have to buy it :( . The voodoo and stuff almost never work right do they?

And, what is SCU ?

KIKO
11-05-08, 12:01
I don't know about GLIDOS I just know that you have to download something to make TR1 work on Xp/Vista but I didn't know that it was needed to buy something.

SCU is a tool for AOD which you should only use after completing the game. It allows you to enter every level, watch every cutscene, enter the inventory level, play the secret unfinished training area and allows Lara to fly.

TombRaiderLover
11-05-08, 12:07
If you ask me, the collection hasn't been very well put together. It says Laura Croft on the spine, and they've randomly included the extended version of TRII while all others are the originals. :confused:

Vertigo
11-05-08, 12:14
As for me I guess this stuff is for making money.
I have my TombRaiders in separate cases and I love it

MAST
11-05-08, 12:20
If you ask me, the collection hasn't been very well put together. It says Laura Croft on the spine, and they've randomly included the extended version of TRII while all others are the originals. :confused:

the "Laura" is very stupid indeed, I don't understand how it got through.

But TR I is also extended, TR III isn't... a bit strange indeed.

MAST
11-05-08, 12:21
SCU is a tool for AOD which you should only use after completing the game. It allows you to enter every level, watch every cutscene, enter the inventory level, play the secret unfinished training area and allows Lara to fly.

okay cool :D

VonCroy360
11-05-08, 12:23

True. The screenshots from TR2 and TR3 are replaced as well, and they also call TR2 The Golden mask on some and Adventures of Lara Croft on other parts of the package, although none of those is it's real title.
I was interested in it once even if I have all of them on separate discs, but then I saw how horrible this looks. :)

MAST
11-05-08, 12:26
True. The screenshots from TR2 and TR3 are replaced as well.

That's stupid indeed, the boat from TR II at TR III disc.

TombRaiderLover
11-05-08, 14:27
the "Laura" is very stupid indeed, I don't understand how it got through.

But TR I is also extended, TR III isn't... a bit strange indeed.

Are you sure TR1 is extended? Doesn't seem to say Unfinished Business anywhere on the packaging. ;)

EDIT: Only just noticed it says Adventures of Lara Croft on both the spine of Case 1 and 2. :rolleyes:

MAST
11-05-08, 14:58
Are you sure TR1 is extended? Doesn't seem to say Unfinished Business anywhere on the packaging. ;)

EDIT: Only just noticed it says Adventures of Lara Croft on both the spine of Case 1 and 2. :rolleyes:

ehm, in the advances installer i can choose for Gold or normal, gold is the same right ? just the extra levels

TombRaiderLover
11-05-08, 16:05
ehm, in the advances installer i can choose for Gold or normal, gold is the same right ? just the extra levels

Sure. ;)

Lara Croft!
11-05-08, 18:35
I have this collections as well!!!! (Thanks to a very kind and helpful TR member...:hug::))

TombRaiderLover
11-05-08, 18:39
Even if it does have its errors, I went ahead and bought it on eBay today. :p It's pretty attractive, plus I don't have Gold versions of the first two games.

I now have Tomb Raider 1 six times . . .

MAST
11-05-08, 18:46
Even if it does have its errors, I went ahead and bought it on eBay today. :p It's pretty attractive, plus I don't have Gold versions of the first two games.

I now have Tomb Raider 1 six times . . .

Lol, that's alot :p I'm a great fan of Tomb Raider. But not that I have alot of STUFF. Also because I'm a student without a (normal) job, with not so much money. I just search alot on the internet about TR.

Larapink
11-05-08, 20:13
I am thinking to buy this on ebay, but since I don't like AOD I might just even throw away that game. :vlol:

Lara.Jolie7
11-05-08, 20:41
Tr2 is called the Golden Mask?
Wasn't The Dager of Xian?

TombRaiderLover
11-05-08, 20:48
Tr2 is called the Golden Mask?
Wasn't The Dager of Xian?

It's the "extended" Gold edition of TR II. ;)

KC Mraz
11-05-08, 20:53
I check it on eBay (and other stores) but it just say "Windows XP compatible". If I buy it I won't be able to play it on Vista? :confused:

MAST
11-05-08, 21:59
I check it on eBay (and other stores) but it just say "Windows XP compatible". If I buy it I won't be able to play it on Vista? :confused:

I have no experience with it but I am sure that this page (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/vista/index.html) will help you ALOT.

KC Mraz
11-05-08, 22:24
^ Oh. Its a patch (TR Multi Patch). I thought it was like "Insert the game disk, then run the our "advanced instaler" (or something like that)..." and sice this game are not ona game per dick (bla bla bla)... :o

TombRaiderLover
20-05-08, 14:06
My collection arrived today, in a translated English version.

The spine now says "Lara Croft" instead of the blasphemous "Laura Croft."

The translation is pretty poor. "Lara Croft is back and has a hard time if it: she is accused of assassination, has the police force behind herself and touches involved in a dark plot."

And Angel of Darkness is missing, despite clear listing on the case.

:wve:

EDIT: My mistake. AOD is indeed included, but the discs are in a pile rather than separated across the inside of the case, so I could only see Chronicles on top.

James_Rutland
20-05-08, 15:08
i have this. But I don't think it has TR2 Gold and the Lost Artifact? Atleast not on my version.

Punaxe
20-05-08, 20:07
It's not that strange that the extended version of TR1 and TR2 are included while TR3 is still normal, because as far as I remember, the extensions for 1 and 2 were freely downloadable, or at least are nowadays. To get the extension for TR3, you always had to and still need to buy the separate package.

I have all major TR versions but are still looking for the extensions to 2 and 3... I didn't know this collection had The Golden Mask. Next time I see it somewhere I might buy it, thanks for the info :tmb:

By the way, there seem to be more of these collections. I recently got the Thief Collection, which has all three Thief games in one package that looks the same as the TR Collection. Especially the CD's are almost identical. These collections are a pretty good buy, so I hope they'll release some more :D

Larapink
20-05-08, 20:11
That's awesome, I ordered the UK version I should be getting it tomorrow! :D

MAST
21-05-08, 08:16
i have this. But I don't think it has TR2 Gold and the Lost Artifact? Atleast not on my version.

You are right, the box sais Golden Mask, but I also couldn't find it anywhere on the disc or in the installation. I'm going to check once more, but it's a very strange box with lots of mistakes.

It doesn't have TLA , but it doesn't say that it has.

My mistake. AOD is indeed included, but the discs are in a pile rather than separated across the inside of the case, so I could only see Chronicles on top.

That's right, I was also confused the first time.

TombRaiderLover
21-05-08, 14:32
The set doesn't seem to include The Golden Mask.

MAST
24-05-08, 07:03
The set doesn't seem to include The Golden Mask.

I'm getting more and more not so happy about the collection. But my primary requirement was that it contained 1 till 6 , and that's the fact so... I'm happy ;)

Lara.Jolie7
24-05-08, 08:05
It's the "extended" Gold edition of TR II. ;)

Oh Ty ^^