PDA

View Full Version : level jumping

tombraiderxii
12-05-08, 04:13
i just wanna know how to level jump from one level to another, but when you return to the original I want lara to be in the exact same spot as she was on the trigger, and i want her to do the wake up animation.

Here is the list:

1) Lara steps on a certain spot (A)
2) She gets sent to a different level, a flashback.
3) When she finishes the level, she gets sent back to (A) in the exact same spot where she steppes on the trigger.
4) When you start the level, you do that tr2 wake up animation.
5) You cannot get back to the flashback level. (does the one shot button work for this???)

And i have a Question... Will all of the triggers triggers previously in the level before the level jump still be triggered?

Yasin
12-05-08, 06:23
Yes it is possible. But the trouble is going to occur with the wakeup animation. Since you want Lara to start on the "same spot" where she stept on the trigger, it is not wise to add triggers under it. Best is execute nr4 one square ahead to avoid trigger problems.
You need the "Lara_Start_Pos" nullmesh for this and using finish triggers. Let's name your levels temp "Main Level" and "Flashback" level

Main level ->
- Put a finish trigger and open up the trigger window.
- Type the number of the Flashback level according to your script ( So if it is the 2nd level, type a "2" ) hit enter to make it "stick".
- In the timer field put type the number "1" hit enter again.
- Hit the oneshot button.
- Now place the Lara start position nullmesh one square ahead. ( To avoid collision like I said above )
- Select it and open up the OCB window.
- Type a number 1 in the field, hit enter and close. This is to make lara return from the flashback level.
- Place here on the square the flipeffect for the "wake up animation"

Flashback level:
- First put a "Lara start position" where you want Lara to start the level. Open the OCB window and add the number "1".
- Excactly as the Main level, put a finish trigger where you want this level to end.
- Open up the trigger window and put the level number in the field.
- Type in the timer field the number "1"
- You won't be returning anymore to the flashback level so no oneshot is needed here.

Explanation:
The number for the Lara_start_position is to make Lara start at that position. The finishtrigger timer field decides which position to jump to. You can use mulitple lara_start_pos nullmeshes to make multiple jumps inside a level as long as you define which finishtrigger points to which position. So a finishtrigger with timer 2 will jump to Larastartpos with the OCB 2.

About the triggers being active still when returning. Enemies or rollingballs or other "one-shot" events will not be triggered if they already were triggered. So make sure you think about that. If someone else knows a different way we'll see.

tombraiderxii
12-05-08, 22:56
Yes it is possible. But the trouble is going to occur with the wakeup animation. Since you want Lara to start on the "same spot" where she stept on the trigger, it is not wise to add triggers under it. Best is execute nr4 one square ahead to avoid trigger problems.
You need the "Lara_Start_Pos" nullmesh for this and using finish triggers. Let's name your levels temp "Main Level" and "Flashback" level

Main level ->
- Put a finish trigger and open up the trigger window.
- Type the number of the Flashback level according to your script ( So if it is the 2nd level, type a "2" ) hit enter to make it "stick".
- In the timer field put type the number "1" hit enter again.
- Hit the oneshot button.
- Now place the Lara start position nullmesh one square ahead. ( To avoid collision like I said above )
- Select it and open up the OCB window.
- Type a number 1 in the field, hit enter and close. This is to make lara return from the flashback level.
- Place here on the square the flipeffect for the "wake up animation"

Flashback level:
- First put a "Lara start position" where you want Lara to start the level. Open the OCB window and add the number "1".
- Excactly as the Main level, put a finish trigger where you want this level to end.
- Open up the trigger window and put the level number in the field.
- Type in the timer field the number "1"
- You won't be returning anymore to the flashback level so no oneshot is needed here.

Explanation:
The number for the Lara_start_position is to make Lara start at that position. The finishtrigger timer field decides which position to jump to. You can use mulitple lara_start_pos nullmeshes to make multiple jumps inside a level as long as you define which finishtrigger points to which position. So a finishtrigger with timer 2 will jump to Larastartpos with the OCB 2.

About the triggers being active still when returning. Enemies or rollingballs or other "one-shot" events will not be triggered if they already were triggered. So make sure you think about that. If someone else knows a different way we'll see.

THat helps a lot:)
I decided to make her wake up in the same room, but it looks different from the original.

But how do i use flipeffects for anims