PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice...

rickybazire
14-05-08, 10:31
It's to do with my girlfriend, but she isn't the problem, lol.

Basically, my friends keep going on, as a joke, that I've done 'things' with her. I don't want to rush into things, and she said the same. I've told that to my friends, but still they go on about it.

At times, I've just walked away. They've come back saying sorry and stuff.

One stage it got too much and I cried...I try not to...I'm 6ft 5in and 16yo meaning I shouldn't...

I don't know what to do to make them stop...

It's getting too much...but I'm not going to dump her despite the stuff I'm getting. I love her loads.

Angelx14
14-05-08, 10:38
You shouldn't listen to what they say. Listen to your heart and do what you think is right. =]

Drone
14-05-08, 10:42
what is important she or their jokes? It's rhetorical question. So you shold know what to do

remote91
14-05-08, 10:43
You're being clever and doing the right thing. Just tell them to stay out of your business and if they can't respect your privacy maybe they arent the type of people you should be friends with.

rowanlim
14-05-08, 10:51
Well don't let them affect you this way. Ignore them. If they were friends, they'd show some respect to the relationship between you & your girl. Ignore them. You're doing the right thing to take things slow; that's mature :tmb:

touchthesky
14-05-08, 12:41
It's to do with my girlfriend, but she isn't the problem, lol.

Basically, my friends keep going on, as a joke, that I've done 'things' with her. I don't want to rush into things, and she said the same. I've told that to my friends, but still they go on about it.

At times, I've just walked away. They've come back saying sorry and stuff.

One stage it got too much and I cried...I try not to...I'm 6ft 5in and 16yo meaning I shouldn't...

I don't know what to do to make them stop...

It's getting too much...but I'm not going to dump her despite the stuff I'm getting. I love her loads.

Real men cry.

Don't think that you can;t.

Ikas90
14-05-08, 13:06
I think everyone has given sound advice, Ricky. If your friends don't respect you for girlfriend, then they are not true friends. Who knows why they are that way? Could they be jealous?

Your girlfriend is important to you, and if you are both truly committed, then absolutely no one can bring you down. I've been in a similar position, but it was over the internet. My friends criticised me at points, only because they didn't fully come to understanding the situation. As for your friends, they probably don't understand your situation fully either. Just a theory. You need to have a proper discussion with your friends about this, and tell them to stop (if possible).

rickybazire
14-05-08, 15:09
I think everyone has given sound advice, Ricky. If your friends don't respect you for girlfriend, then they are not true friends. Who knows why they are that way? Could they be jealous?

Your girlfriend is important to you, and if you are both truly committed, then absolutely no one can bring you down. I've been in a similar position, but it was over the internet. My friends criticised me at points, only because they didn't fully come to understanding the situation. As for your friends, they probably don't understand your situation fully either. Just a theory. You need to have a proper discussion with your friends about this, and tell them to stop (if possible).

Thanks Saki and to everyone else, I'll try those points.

thanatos
14-05-08, 15:27
I imagine your are too woried to tell your friends that they are hurting your feelings by saying these things, but the only way to get them to stoip is to tell them plain and simply how much it's upsetting you.

Personally I'm not sure why it's upsetting you so much, I imagine there is more involved in the comments than you are willing to say here. Just remember they are your friends and so I'm sure they don't mean to hurt you, they are only having a laugh and don't really care what you're doing with your girlfriend, it's just what good mates do to each other. I'm sure there are people reading this envious that they don't have a girlfriend or a group of friends who all tease each other and have a laugh.

bubbleblaster
14-05-08, 15:40
they are probably just jealous of you because you have obviously found someone really nice. just ignore them I'm sure they will grow out of it. :)

TR93
14-05-08, 15:52
they are probably just jealous of you because you have obviously found someone really nice. just ignore them I'm sure they will grow out of it. :)

Exactly, just follow your heart, it will tell you what's right, don't listen to them.