PDA

View Full Version : TRF Groups

Conway
14-05-08, 11:49
So a new formed group triggered me to create a thread about existing groups in TRF. I'm pretty sure majority of you guys know what I'm talking about. So far we have:
KTEB: Kurtis Trent Estrogen Brigade (active)
GROK: Get Rid Of Kurtis (active)
LCFC: Larson Conway Fan Corps (active)
GROZAA: Get Rid Of Zip And Alister (active)
KZAA: Keep Zip And Alister, and now (active)
NICB: Natla Is Coming Back (active)
ELAC: Evil Lady Amelia Croft (not-so active)
And I'm serious when I say that perhaps it's high time these groups (at least the active ones) were turned into official TRF groups. I think vBulletin has a Group function that pretty much does what its name suggests: Users can officially be part of forum groups (which is shown in the User CP).

Considering how active some of the groups are, I think it would be nice if there'll be this sense of being official for each group. I'm not saying that the group threads with hundreds of pages in them aren't enough though. In fact, I think they could be a measure of whether a group is worthy of becoming official or not.

So yeah, I don't know if this is needless rambling, or if I'm totally out of my mind to suggest something like this, but it would be nice to hear your thoughts on this and the formed groups in TRF in general. Which do you think is most notorious? Which do you think actually has sensible discussions in them? Which do you think is the most recognizable?

Discuss away! :p

stranger1992
14-05-08, 11:52
Wel i would liek to see groups but perhaps we need one for TRLE makers...

MiCkiZ88
14-05-08, 11:59
I'd rather not have official groups. I mean the threads are just great fun and all, but with official groups there's always the risk of elitism. Not sure if I make any sense, but I'm against the idea.

Meh.. I guess it could be ok to try it out. I just hate elitists with an passion.

Conway
14-05-08, 12:03
I'd rather not have official groups. I mean the threads are just great fun and all, but with official groups there's always the risk of elitism. Not sure if I make any sense, but I'm against the idea.

Meh.. I guess it could be ok to try it out. I just hate elitists with an passion.
Yeah, I kind of get what you mean. Making the groups official though doesn't mean that any of their members are any better than those who choose not to join groups. I think being part of a certain group is representative of what you feel towards certain elements in TR, no more, no less, or so that's how it ideally should be (for me at least).

MiCkiZ88
14-05-08, 12:06
Yeah, I kind of get what you mean. Making the groups official though doesn't mean that any of their members are any better than those who choose not to join groups. I think being part of a certain group is representative of what you feel towards certain elements in TR, no more, no less, or so that's how it ideally should be (for me at least).If it stays that way, then I'm fine with it. :) Especially if anyone can freely join some group, then there hardly is an risk of elitism.

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-05-08, 12:08
I'm not heavily into them. Slightly a KTEBer (minus the drooling and obsession :p), but all for GROZAA. :tmb:

Larapink
14-05-08, 12:20

Well I am an LCFC we are not elitists since we don't have "The Offical" in front of Larson Appreciation Thread.;)

bloodstormaoa
14-05-08, 13:00
Well I am an LCFC we are not elitists since we don't have "The Offical" in front of Larson Appreciation Thread.;)

That has nothing to do with elitism ;)

Lafa Cvoft
14-05-08, 13:03
i am not sure.....but i belong to ELAC :p
she is not very evil, but seems to be :D

Aurelien52
14-05-08, 13:24
That would be nice to have officials groups. :)
If we don't force members to join us, or try to attract them with cookies. :pi:

tlr online
14-05-08, 13:27
We do have a groups feature built into our forum software. Let me have a look at that.

Conway
14-05-08, 13:57
We do have a groups feature built into our forum software. Let me have a look at that.
Yay! :D I hope it isn't too complicated to have it working, if ever you do intend to.

Grenade
14-05-08, 14:05
There used to be PRAFKA (People's Republican Army For Kurtis Admirer's).

Conway
14-05-08, 14:06
There used to be PRAFKA (People's Republican Army For Kurtis Admirer's).
Wow, I've positively haven't heard of that one. Sounds like the military arm of KTEB. :p :D

Grenade
14-05-08, 14:08
Wow, I've positively haven't heard of that one. Sounds like the military arm of KTEB. :p :D
Yeah, this was like a few years ago. :p Dunno why it died though. XD