TRfan23
14-05-08, 20:30
(Request Thread Deletion)

jeffrey van oort
14-05-08, 22:28
Magnificent. Please do continue:D

Larson_1988
14-05-08, 23:44
You're on to a good start there. :) Keep up the good work. :)

Christi
15-05-08, 00:30
Hmm...I should do this too...but I'll do that after my 2 and a half projects are done.:p Yours looks great!!

TRfan23
17-05-08, 18:16
Request Deletion.

God Horus
17-05-08, 18:30
Are you actually raising the floor and stuff to make a bed, etc? Because you are supposed to use objects. If you use the floor, you will end up making a Lara toystory like game.

TRfan23
17-05-08, 19:08
Request Deletion.

Zique
17-05-08, 19:10
If you can't make a bed object, why don't you download one?

God Horus
17-05-08, 19:12
If you raise the floor you will get a blocky game, which, sadly won't be able to get anything above a 1 if it is rated. And you don't have to make your own objects, Trsearch is full of beautiful ones.

Try this for beds: http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2788

TRfan23
18-05-08, 17:13
Request Deletion.

jeffrey van oort
19-05-08, 00:59
Good news I've made my bed, plus the sliding doors on the side of it! :D

Bad news is texturing it! :( I've got the actual colours of my bed using a camera, and added them together.
I manage to load them on strpx, however, when I want to select a specific texture, it doesn't select it as I want it to :( It selects one and another, but in weird ways, like not like in NGLE map editor! In blocks, but in small rectangles and small squares etc... :(

Excuse me, anyone, please help me. :tmb:

I understand what you are trying to say.
Try replacing a texture that has been used before by something of the same size as the texture you would like to replace.
Keep in mind that the bigger the textures, the more tiles you will have in your wad.

ChingKong
19-05-08, 02:54
Congrats!

TRfan23
25-05-08, 13:15
Request Deletion.

Titak
25-05-08, 13:40
Yes, the ceilings are indeed way to high. ;)
The size of the rooms looks too big too.

Textures are still quite repetative and I also see many stretched textures. This stretching decreases the quality of the textures, so try to divide the walls into sections that are one block (4 clicks) high at the most. The textures will then fit in nicely.
Remember that if wall sections are shorter than 4 clicks, you can also select and apply parts of a texture. ;)

Also, those nice wooden floor textures in the Downstairs hallway screenshots don't line up very well. You could either edit the textures in a paintprogram or you could roate/and or mirror textures in LE to make them line up better.
Once lined up, you'll seethat the floor will look much better then. :D

(I also see a paper thin wall in screenshot Kitchen (2)..
Try to avoid those, as it does not look realistic. Walls have a certain thickness. LE blocks are much thicker than real walls though... so if you can find a decent door frame you can also place that in the doorway to get rid of the paperthin wall effect. ;)

Just keep on building.
I like the idea of building your own house in LE. :tmb:

TRfan23
25-05-08, 15:13
Request Deletion.

igor32
25-05-08, 15:15
So, you need to put it small, to have a nice room playing! ;)

Spikey
25-05-08, 15:17
Maybe you should try scaling things around Lara then. You have the Lara object placed in your level already, and it's about the same height as the actual in-game Lara...meaning that if your rooms look about 20 times taller than this object, you need to scale it down a bit. ;)

TRfan23
25-05-08, 19:40
Request Deletion.

Piega
09-07-08, 19:29
I guess you did not go through the tutorial. It's crucial learning stuff. Skip it and your doomed.

TRfan23
09-07-08, 19:36
Request Deletion.

Not As We
09-07-08, 19:38
By the looks of my level so far, it's going to be more like -

"Sweetheart I enlarged the Adults" as opposed to "Honey I shrunk the Kids"

Here's a terrible problem I'm having :(

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5226/problem7vq0.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=problem7vq0.jpg)

Maybe I shouldn't have started making this level off :( It's beyond a joke, the stairs are impossible, she cannot stand on them even though they got a dummy trigger + in Bridge Slot :(

It's crap :(

I'm a terrible Level, Object, Animation etc... Designer :( Ever Since Feb I started playing around with TRLE, and still an Amatur :(

RIGHT THAT'S IT I GIVE UP :mad::mad::mad:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8276/problem8iz1.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=problem8iz1.jpg)

bye

TRLE SUCKS!!!

You've only been using it 6 month?
and you expect to be amazing?

I've been working with the Level Editor for almost two years now,
and I'm yet to release anything

I've made god knows how many levels
about 80% of them binned

Just keep going,
quitting won't help

=]

thecentaur
09-07-08, 19:38
What tut?

If you mean the Manuel that can with TRLE that opens in Adobe, I read 30 pages of it.

30/119. that's pretty self explanatory. read the rest of it and you're as good as bronze... silver.... maybe gold! lol

Spikey
09-07-08, 19:45
Don't blame the tools, TRLE far from "sucks", and if you haven't yet read the full manual then it's no surprise that you're finding things difficult. ;)

TRfan23
09-07-08, 19:46
Request Deletion.

LaraCablara
09-07-08, 19:46
The stairs are NOT that difficult :)

Here is a good tutorial about it-

http://www.trsearch.org/Tutorial.php?action=gettut&id=20

TRfan23
09-07-08, 19:49
Request Deletion.

God Horus
09-07-08, 20:20
Gosh, stop double posting!

It would help if you explained the problem, but let me guess... The stairs go too far underneath the actual floor? Try a different stair object ;) There are some nice ones in TRF, rip them out and retexture it.

just croft
09-07-08, 22:09
I think you're in a nice way but you're making thing's way too big. I always have that same problem too when creating something new.

For example to make the stairs look like the real ones on the foto you showed you 1 row of squares instead of 3. It's all about size. remeber what came in the manual: Lara is 3 clicks tall.

Not As We
09-07-08, 22:14
I think you're in a nice way but you're making thing's way too big. I always have that same problem too when creating something new.

For example to make the stairs look like the real ones on the foto you showed you 1 row of squares instead of 3. It's all about size. remeber what came in the manual: Lara is 3 clicks tall.

Yup,
That's the main thing to remember,
so your ceilings shouldn't be more than 5/6 clicks high

also, a square on the floor is around 4 steps for Lara,
so walk around your house,
see how many steps it takes you to get from one end of the hall to the other
and translate that across into the Le

=]

TRfan23
10-07-08, 15:12
Request Deletion.

God Horus
10-07-08, 15:14
I guess you could try to lower the stairs by one (Just one)

TRfan23
10-07-08, 15:25
Request Deletion.

God Horus
10-07-08, 15:26
Then just raise them by one again.

You have bigger issues to worry about, your rooms are HUGE, and the texturing is horribly stretched and repeated.

TRfan23
10-07-08, 15:34
Request Deletion.

Ashandmisty
10-07-08, 15:57
Yes, but your rooms are still quite huge. TRLE was hard for me at first, i always made rooms with really high ceilings but were really narrow! Are you having trouble resizing the room? You should really think about making them smaller. Make them at the most 2 squares (8 clicks) high. Always, you should compare yourself to lara in the level to show exactly how big it should be!! Instead of the stairs being 3 squares wide, make them 1 square wide.

I hope i've helped you, you're doing well, don't give up either :)

TRfan23
10-07-08, 17:02
Request Deletion.

TrKing_Rulz
11-07-08, 08:50
Maybe we won't have to worry about how large the rooms are, if we enlarge Lara instead :D

Maybe I could nick some textures off google instead, of taking sooo many photos + uploading them onto my laptop.

ooooo http://textures.forrest.cz/

Might be useful for making me :) http://textures.forrest.cz/cgi-bin/showimage.cgi?page=skinandfur&pic=HumanSkin.jpg

Lara is three clicks high, and one square is roughly 1 metre x 1 metre. Lara can grab up to a hight of eight clicks, and the farthest jump she can perform is three squares - if the platforms are both on the same horizontal level and parralel to each other. With a sprint jump (downloadable anim) she can jump a click further than her farthest jump - 4 clicks. Lara can only crawl through a space 2+ clicks. I hope this information can come in handy when building.

When you use the 'Preview' button, you are seeing the level as if you were as big as Lara.

Spikey
11-07-08, 08:55
Lara can grab up to a hight of eight clicks.

Seven. ;)

TrKing_Rulz
11-07-08, 08:56
Seven. ;)

:eek: Sorry!

jeffrey van oort
11-07-08, 10:00
Yes, but your rooms are still quite huge. TRLE was hard for me at first, i always made rooms with really high ceilings but were really narrow! Are you having trouble resizing the room? You should really think about making them smaller. Make them at the most 2 squares (8 clicks) high. Always, you should compare yourself to lara in the level to show exactly how big it should be!! Instead of the stairs being 3 squares wide, make them 1 square wide.

I hope i've helped you, you're doing well, don't give up either :)

I always did that too.:D
Then I decided that rooms should not be higher than 8 clicks.
:D It worked out pretty well so far.

TRfan23
11-07-08, 20:26
Request Deletion.

Seth94
11-07-08, 20:41
Lara is three clicks high, and one square is roughly 1 metre x 1 metre. Lara can grab up to a hight of eight clicks, and the farthest jump she can perform is three squares - if the platforms are both on the same horizontal level and parralel to each other. With a sprint jump (downloadable anim) she can jump a click further than her farthest jump - 4 clicks. Lara can only crawl through a space 2+ clicks. I hope this information can come in handy when building.

When you use the 'Preview' button, you are seeing the level as if you were as big as Lara.

No, because Lara is said to be 5ft 5 inches. A square is 4 clicks long, so one more than Lara. That means that 1 square is about 2 metres by 2 metres. And it is 4 squares with a sprint jump, not 4 clicks. ;)

!Lara Croft!
11-07-08, 21:02
5 ft and 6 inches

Seth94
11-07-08, 21:30
5 ft and 6 inches

Ah, now, don't have to be picky! :p