PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peves

PBARBERE6
15-05-08, 00:35
hey guys im new to the fourms here and i thought i would introduce my self and start a thread

What dou guys find most anoying? Or what rely gets you :cen: off

mine, people who make a big deal of dumb little things

P.S. if this is a waist of a therad you can close it :o

Real Life Raider
15-05-08, 00:42
Hello :wve:

Welcome to TRF!

There is a super place here where you can introduce yourself properly and tell us a bit about yourself! :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Nothing much annoys me... I'm far too laid back! :D

Encore
15-05-08, 01:28
The songs, always the same songs, that play on a loop in the shopping center I work in. :hea: <-- sometimes I feel exactly like this. It's despair.
The other day I saw 40 Year Old Virgin and there's that scene where Paul Rudd's character is begging the supervisor to turn the DVD off at the store they work in.
I was like "MAN I feel your pain"

Lara's Backpack
15-05-08, 01:57
The songs, always the same songs, that play on a loop in the shopping center I work in. :hea: <-- sometimes I feel exactly like this. It's despair.
The other day I saw 40 Year Old Virgin and there's that scene where Paul Rudd's character is begging the supervisor to turn the DVD off at the store they work in.

Oh my god I know!! I used to work at this bakery where the bakers would play the same CD EVERYDAY it drove me crazy!

Tidus
15-05-08, 03:04

I know what you mean...the "Halloween Store" in my town that's only open one month the entire year decides that since it's open an entire month and there arent enough Halloween songs out there to play, it's going to play the same song all day long. The day we were there they played Ghostbusters.

As for my own pet peeves; sports junkies. In Louisiana, if you're not an LSU football fan, that's grounds for the death penalty or something. They're really just a bunch of self righteous rednecks with nothing better to do with their time.

star-dust
15-05-08, 03:13
My pet peeves are cracking knuckles... it's just sick. Annndd... when people don't change the toilet paper roll when it's done... it takes less than 20 seconds and no one really seems to do it here.:rolleyes:

Lara's Backpack
15-05-08, 03:40
I know what you mean...the "Halloween Store" in my town that's only open one month the entire year decides that since it's open an entire month and there arent enough Halloween songs out there to play, it's going to play the same song all day long. The day we were there they played Ghostbusters.

As for my own pet peeves; sports junkies. In Louisiana, if you're not an LSU football fan, that's grounds for the death penalty or something. They're really just a bunch of self righteous rednecks with nothing better to do with their time.

Oh its the same here, Rugby, Rugby, Rugby... ah well

TombRaiderLover
15-05-08, 06:34
Ridiculous spelling errors.
People who swear unnecessarily.
The crappy rap and R 'n' B songs that have been turning people's heads to mulch recently

:wve:

lisa_croft
15-05-08, 06:54
When guys fart in front of you :|

pEhouse
15-05-08, 09:16
My pet peeves are cracking knuckles... it's just sick.

lol yea.. I hate the sound of it, too.
What's annoying me.. "girly girls", the Paris Hilton-kind. No offense ;)

MiCkiZ88
15-05-08, 09:18
When my mates keep bugging me about sex. ''did you do it with her? What about her? Oooh, you in a relationship? Been with her yet?'' Ugh.. can't they talk about anything else?

Rileigh
15-05-08, 10:08
The real world :hea:

matrix54
15-05-08, 12:00
online break-ups. at least i can add my name tot he list...:o

trtrailerman
15-05-08, 12:05
I hate those girls with loud mouths and a s*** like nature, sounds harsh ino but come to my school and at the end you'll be beating your head in with a stick. the phrases like "oh my days" and " you never!" are so annoying. oh I also hate people who rub things in your face (metaphorically not physically lol) :)

Rexie
15-05-08, 12:40
My Aunt!!!!

plzz zplling liek thiz

Beggars

My Teacher

the list can go on and on and on.

lisa_croft
15-05-08, 13:59
My pet peeves are cracking knuckles... it's just sick.

I hate the sound yet, i have to do it =S It's hurts if i leave them too long :( gah!

I also hate people who stereotype others!

touchthesky
15-05-08, 14:03
-People who put their luggage/bags onto train/bus seats so that when it comes to people needing seats they can't take them.
-People who constantly sniff/snort.
-Feet rubbing together. It drives me insane.
-The sound of people itching. Ew.
-People who glorify drugs/drinking and feel the need to tell everyone they are the worlds biggest junkie. Sorry to be blunt but what's the need?
-People with prams who think they have every right to slam themselves into you and then complain to their partner because you weren't watching where you were going.
-People without the ability to give others a chance.
-Those people in vans (it's ALWAYS vans) that feel the need to shout rubbish at you because of what you are wearing.

Lara's home
15-05-08, 14:05
People who think their opinion is more valuable then others, and thinks they are actually smarter and better just because they are older.

domina
15-05-08, 17:18
I work in retail (PetSmart), so I have a lot of pet peeves. :p

People who don't put their shopping carts in the designated shopping cart area in the parking lot. This bothers me even moreso when they've managed to take the cart to a completely different store parking lot. WTF?
People yelling at me when the store is out of stock of an item. I'm not a corporate monkey, I'm not a manager, and even if I was, I probably still couldn't do anything about the lack of stock.
People who open up merchandise. Even better, people who open up merchandise and don't even try to make it look like they didn't.
People who select a bunch of different canned cat foods, later decide they don't want them, and hide them for me to find elsewhere.
People yelling at me and demanding to speak to a store manager when I'm just politely enforcing store policy, namely the 14 day return policy of animals.
People who think they deserve special treatment of said policy because they spend a lot of money at our store.
People who don't control their children, especially with those damned skate shoes. 1/4 of the store is covered in water from our aquariums - Those are NOT a good idea!
People telling me how to do my job. "That fish needs more water." No, it doesn't.

myrmaad
15-05-08, 17:41
bad spelling, gossips, busybodies, bad drivers, loud public cell phone use, thieves, keepin' up with the joneses, stupidity, irresponsible pet owners, etc

Elysia
15-05-08, 17:52
People who make absolutely no attempt to spell check what they write and mis-spell even simple words (or words that are used so frequently that all they have to do is copy them correctly).

Students who refuse to take any responsibility for their own learning and then come and whinge at me come exam time that they're failing.

The TV show Friends.

Alright, thankyou, rediculous, focussed... they aren't words, people! (No, focused is NOT spelt with two 'ss's. It has become accepted, but it is technically incorrect).

Art thieves.

Irresponsible parents.

Irresponsible pet owners.

People who blatantly drop litter.

myrmaad
15-05-08, 17:55
People who blatantly drop litter.

Forgot that one; grrr.

petujaymz
15-05-08, 17:56
Sloppy/bad customer service.

Most of the time, it's not down to inadequate training; some people are just plain rude.

SamReeves
15-05-08, 17:57
People who "text" instead of writing out full sentences! :mad:

Nannonxyay
15-05-08, 18:00
The girls in year 9 who complain at people for playing their music too loud, even if someone's phone goes off and there ring tone is a song they don't like, and then they go and play "Low" on their phones at full blast whilst singing the wrong lyrics to it like the complete air heads they are. They're also very loud and in your face cockyness really irritates me.

Mr.Burns
15-05-08, 18:00
Petite soccer moms driving to the grocery store by themselves in a massive SUV that's not even really meant for off road use.

irjudd
15-05-08, 18:03
People who make absolutely no attempt to spell check what they write and mis-spell even simple words (or words that are used so frequently that all they have to do is copy them correctly).

Basically all of the above.

I was going to say "intentional ignorance" by way of purposely spelling things wrong, pronouncing things wrong, or using incorrect grammar. It drives me crazy in real life to hear people mispronounce or butcher the language they're speaking and it bugs me just as much to see it on the screen.

Oh yeah, and ring tones/ring backs.

petujaymz
15-05-08, 18:07
People who loiter in bottlenecks like doorways and ticket barriers; rummaging through their bags or talking on a mobile phone.

I mean... have they no concept of the world around them? :mad:

The usual culprits are dim-witted students and businessmen with delusions of grandeur.

da tomb raider!
15-05-08, 18:12
Abbreviations. :wve:

Drone
15-05-08, 18:15
my pet peeves:

1. dirt dishes
2. pansy comments, sentences, etc
3. double standards
4. bigots
5. everyone who disturbs and hinders
6. pack of thugs going to gang bang some innocent victim

Yup I think thats it :wve:

thecentaur
15-05-08, 18:20
i get really anxious whenever the caps to pens or markers are not on... i'm a nutcase! :o

digitizedboy
15-05-08, 18:25
It annoys me when people don't say kiss my arse or nothing when you politely hold a door open for them. And then they sneer at you as if they are looking down at you.

Oh, and I hate songs that get stuck in your head that you particularly don't like anyway. But you can't get rid of them.

ChocChipCookie
15-05-08, 18:26
So called 'customer support' call centres which offer virtually no support whatsover, after keeping you hanging on the phone for over an hour. :hea:

TV commercials. They're just plain annoying especially during movies.

Larapink
15-05-08, 18:28
Hayfever is my pet peave, I am suffering from it now, I don't feel well. :(

petujaymz
15-05-08, 18:31
A fat cat lives on my estate.

I don't mean a fat cat businessman; I mean a fat cat.

It just gets on my nerves.

Rexie
15-05-08, 18:46
So called 'customer support' call centres which offer virtually no support whatsover, after keeping you hanging on the phone for over an hour. :hea:

TV commercials. They're just plain annoying especially during movies.

I feel your pain.

Night Crawler
15-05-08, 19:40
Old people. Even more so if they're driving electric scooters.

Twilight
15-05-08, 19:43
old people that are in bad shape because they were too lazy to exercise and act like younger people should help them because of that.

stupid people.

LaraLuvrrr
15-05-08, 20:06
My pet peeve is when people call me "terms of endearment" I despise the names buddy, honey, sweetie, handsome.... all of those words. I either wanna be called by my name or Sir.

patriots88888
22-05-08, 18:53
Geez i'm posting my reply (in the other thread) and then it shows "thread closed".
So i would have to say UNEXPECTED CHANGES and OCCURENCES!!!
What i was trying to post before: Uncleanliness, Sloventry, Unkemptness, Poor Hygiene etc.... :rolleyes:

Cleanliness and good hygiene is the only way to live. At least for me it is. ;)

Agent 47
22-05-08, 18:56
the sound of a plasic bag being crumpled up........and noisy childrens toys

bah! :mad:

Rexie
22-05-08, 18:56
People who begs to be shot in the head. There are few on TRF, but Im not naming anyone.

ALARM CLOCKS D:

Sonera Custommer support,Kil them!! I have the number if you want to call them! (Finnish)

VonCroy360
22-05-08, 18:57
People who chew gums loudly and those who speak when they chew. Eugh! :hea:

Lara Croft Fan Joe
22-05-08, 18:58
My threads being closed because there is already a week old one of the same topic lurking around ;)

jarekhanzelka
22-05-08, 19:15
I just get annoyed when I'm sitting at the tram going after hard day in school home and some old man or woman comes in and just doesn't know, what he/she wants - When I notice him/her and see that she/he may be tired and stuff, I offer my seat to him/her but she/he refuses, so I keep sitting. Such an old guys are standing in that tram for like 10 minutes or more. The other case is, when I don't notice some oldie and so I don't offer him/her my seat, she/he immediately starts complaing like what the hell is wrong with teenagers these days. So of course, after this I stand up and let them sit. The bad thing about it is that in this case, when they complain, they sit there for like 1 minute. This happens to me 9 times out of 10 and I can tell you, I'm riding trams my whole life.

Another very annoying thing for me is the fact how some TEENAGERS are incredibly stupid and some ADULTS incredibly lazy and bigheaded. What happened to me today - I had to get one very heavy machine (like 50 kg) with four more school mates from one kitchen to another (the distance isn't so big, it's maybe 100 meters), the thing is that the machine was wet and oily, so it naturally was sliding from our fingers (we couldn't hold it anyhow differently) and the guy who commanded us to do this (by the way, he just came to our class (there are so many more classes but he always comes to our class) it was math lesson and he randomly picked five boys. I wouldn't complain anything, if he at least helped us get it there (as it was all that dirty, we were dressed just like every day and so our clothes was dirty then). And not only he didn't help us, he even let us jsut standing and holding it for like 5 minutes, so he could finish his personal phonecall (I could just hear words like "oh no no, I'll be home soon" and stuff). When he finally finished it, he called us to go to him and here's where the stupidity of some teenagers shows up. We were screaming MOOOOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!! and they just didn't react and kept standing and loughing. So the biggest of us five shouted that much it scared even me. Then they finally made some space. Once we got rid of the machine, I almost couldn't feel my fingers (did I mention I had to regrip it all the time due to the wetness and smear?) I thought: okay, now 'll go clean my hands and the obvious dirt on my clothes and get back to the class. But no. This guy sent us back to the first kitchen to collect some more stuff and bring it there. Of course HE couldn't go get it himself, he was too busy chatting with someone. And I lost full lesson of math that I really need now. This guy is head cook master on our school, by the way. :hea:

remote91
22-05-08, 20:30
In the middle of the night when someones car alarm starts going off and they dont bother getting up and turning it off. Last night someone let it go on for an hour.

And small neighbourhood children that get up at about 8am and spend the morning screaming and crying in the garden instead of playing like normal children.

=\

Hotshot1981
22-05-08, 20:33
People with pet hates:(:(:( like come on:confused::confused:

Angel666
22-05-08, 21:06
When people are reading books or passing out papers and lick their fingertips before they turn a page. Especially if its my book/paper. It's disgusting.

Benguitar
22-05-08, 22:12
When people are reading books or passing out papers and lick their fingertips before they turn a page. Especially if its my book/paper. It's disgusting.

Diddo.

nicola1986
22-05-08, 22:36
People who just stick chewing gum anywhere after using it, drives me mad Lol :D

remote91
22-05-08, 22:38
People who just stick chewing gum anywhere after using it, drives me mad Lol :D
You can tell that to many pairs of my jeans and they'd agree with you.

Admles
22-05-08, 23:40
People going out in public with no shoes on, just hate it!

Quasimodo
23-05-08, 00:29
Long fingernails on men. Creepy!

Benguitar
23-05-08, 00:47

Oh Yeah..

Admles
23-05-08, 00:57
Oh, and women who think being a "*****" is something to be proud of....... Hello, its a derogative term!

Kerrigan
24-05-08, 16:50
-People who find it hunny to jump at you and scare you when you're being focused on something.
-When my parents call me and shout in the phone as if I have to hear them talking from 40 km away.Needless to say, everyone in the same room can hear them conversation.
-Again, parents insisiting if I don't want to eat or wear something.
-People revolted that you're not interested in something that interests them a lot.
-People who don't understand the ened for privacy.
-When people brag about themselves an tell you that thing that makes them so full of them over and over again.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
24-05-08, 16:58
I could not agree more.

I also hate it when guys (even girls occasionally :p) think that a horrid half grown moustashe looks good.

TRLegendLuver
24-05-08, 16:59
I absolutely hate it when people stare at you, especially if they're perverted. It annoys the crap out of me. I asked a guy once, (maybe in his 50s) who was staring at me, and wouldn't stop, and I said, "Are you blind? Because it only takes a glance to look at someone. Have a problem? Step off ! " I was so mad.

TRLegendLuver
24-05-08, 17:00
Oh, and women who think being a "*****" is something to be proud of....... Hello, its a derogative term!

Oh I know. They think that's great because their the "head *****", and I all I can do is shake my head.

Nenya awakens
24-05-08, 17:20
eek we have 2 of these threads now!

i hate rude people in fast food shops... and people that dont understand english properly that work in shops

Rachel Croft
24-05-08, 19:16
unitelligent, preppy, mean girls, at school. I dress preppy, but don't act like that.

Laurencarter
24-05-08, 19:42
People who always want to take shortcuts. People who are impatient and people who gets mad when you tell them to just chill.

TR93
24-05-08, 19:44
unitelligent, preppy, mean girls, at school. I dress preppy, but don't act like that.

same.
Girls at my school treat me like a dog because I'm a tomboy and not like them, I answer back to the bullies rather than sit there and take it and they don't like it at all.They act like because they are plated in mae up and have tha latest stuff that they above everyone else and the school rule, I can't remember how many times a popular, uninteligent person has been excluded from school.
Thing is I get good grades and never get noticed, it's so annoying that they think I'm weird because I'm more clever than them and they think they can get on over on me because I'm not popular!

:mad:

Admles
24-05-08, 23:27
People who get right up your butt when driving so you can't even see their headlights in your mirror, in an effort to make you speed up.

So I start to slow down....... slower and slower....... and then when they go to overtake, I floor it! :D

tomblover
24-05-08, 23:29
Screechy sounds. Eurgh. *Shudders*

lara_fanatic
24-05-08, 23:54
Let's see....

1. People who TRY to be funny. There's this idiot at my school who tries soo hard! He will talk EXTRA loud about stupid subjects in hopes of getting a laugh out of everyone. And when no one laughs...well he just tries harder.
2. People who think they're better than everyone (like being conceited).
3. People who dont clean up their messes around the house
4. When people dont change the toilet paper roll when its CLEARLY empty!
5. Gossip
6. Spitefulness
umm i think thats it..

EDIT: One more thing lol... when my parents yell my name for something every 5 fricking minutes instead of coming to my room and speaking like normal. One time ..my step dad even called me on my phone from his room for a glass of water!! I was like you gotta be kidding me!

Quasimodo
25-05-08, 00:12
Let's see....

1. People who TRY to be funny. There's this idiot at my school who tries soo hard! He will talk EXTRA loud about stupid subjects in hopes of getting a laugh out of everyone. And when no one laughs...well he just tries harder.
2. People who think they're better than everyone (like being conceited).
3. People who dont clean up their messes around the house
4. When people dont change the toilet paper roll when its CLEARLY empty!
5. Gossip
6. Spitefulness
umm i think thats it..

EDIT: One more thing lol... when my parents yell my name for something every 5 fricking minutes instead of coming to my room and speaking like normal. One time ..my step dad even called me on my phone from his room for a glass of water!! I was like you gotta be kidding me!

Your parents sound like my parents :p

Dad (on the other end of the house): HEATHERRRRR!
Me: WHAT?!
Dad: HEATHERRR!
Me: WHAT?!?!
Dad: Go make me a coke on ice :)

lara_fanatic
25-05-08, 00:16

Yup! Thats exactly what happens. It drives me nuts!

Step dad: DEVON!!!
Me: YES SIR??
Step dad:DEVON!!
Me: YESS!
Step dad: Why didnt you answer me the first time??!
Me: I did!

Kerrigan
25-05-08, 06:51
Let's see....

My parents do that too.They don't even understand when I yell back I can't hear them.It's chaos.

patriots88888
25-05-08, 07:02
When you're trying to chat with someone (anyone for that matter) to slay the boredom and it's just lurkers out there spying on the forums. And probably having a good laugh about it.

Freakin' Lurkers.

Say No To Lurkers!!! :smk:

hera7days
25-05-08, 07:44
1. Littering.
2. When restaurants have crap for vegetarian food. Like, salad, beverages, and maybe some of the sides, and that's all.
3. When I find a thread that I think is dedicated to one of my favorite characters but has turned into a thread dedicated to my least favorite pairing. ...That was oddly specific.

Edit: Thought of another.
4. When people say that because someone spends some time and effort doing something that doesn't make money/isn't essential to their survival, then they must have no life/too much time on their hands!

patriots88888
25-05-08, 07:47
1. Littering.
2. When restaurants have crap for vegetarian food. Like, salad, beverages, and maybe some of the sides, and that's all.
3. When I find a thread that I think is dedicated to one of my favorite characters but has turned into a thread dedicated to my least favorite pairing. ...That was oddly specific.

2.What are you looking for in these restaurants? :confused:

hera7days
25-05-08, 07:58
2.What are you looking for in these restaurants? :confused:

I'd just like to see at least one vegetarian main dish. (Fortunately, most restaurants I go to do have that, but sometimes I strike out.) I could subside on sides and stuff, but y'know, it's the principle of the thing, or something like that.

patriots88888
25-05-08, 08:04
I hear ya. It keeps getting tougher and tougher these days to find what you're looking for. :(

Rexie
25-05-08, 08:24
and few more things that makes me ****ed:

Little girls who wears make-up, I just want them to show how they will look like when they are 30.

Kids who want to have kids: or fourteen-sixteen year old girls who spent rest on their childhood raising their own child. Going to disco, getting drunk, and you know the rest

Small kids trying to play hero: oh god, I just watched TV, a twelve year old girl, in her childish accent, browsing the Internet and tries to change the world.

People who can't accept that life is unfair seriously, crying in a corner because your BF cheated on you is not going to help. **** is going to happen again and again and again.

Admles
25-05-08, 11:36
People who light up a cigarette in my car, and THEN ask if its okay, then get the ****s when I tell them no, and whinge because they just wasted a cigarette and I won't pull over for them to finish it!

Naomichi
25-05-08, 11:47
Willfully stupid people.

Large groups of young'uns (Trust me, it'll annoy all of you as well once you hit 25).:p

People who don't get hangovers.

Library late fees.

People who post in text-speak.

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 14:11

Mom does that to me. I just go there and turn away.

It seriously ****es me off.

Admles
25-05-08, 23:16
People who don't get hangovers.

Please don't hate me for that, its not my fault...... it seems to **** a lot of people off :(

Atlantisfreak666
25-05-08, 23:27
When people talk loudly on the phone.

Oh, and when people use 'Gay' as an insult.

Admles
25-05-08, 23:48
People who go "Whatever!"

It's like they have no comeback, so they use that..... its such a cop out!

TRexbait
26-05-08, 01:54
People who eat, and in between chews, slightly open their mouth... but it's just enough so that you can see the food inside.,

Naomichi
26-05-08, 06:11
Please don't hate me for that, its not my fault...... it seems to **** a lot of people off :(

Of course it does! There has to be some kind of payment for the fun of drinking!

People like you upset the cosmic balance! :mad::p

Admles
26-05-08, 06:19
Of course it does! There has to be some kind of payment for the fun of drinking!

People like you upset the cosmic balance! :mad::p
I remember once drinking 12 smirnoff blacks on an empty stomach (hadn't eaten for 8 hours), plus a 4 back of rum n coke......

I was fine the next day............. doesn't that annoy some people? ;)

patriots88888
26-05-08, 07:09
People who visit threads and post on them just to say "Who cares" or "I could give a rats..." just because they are in a bitter mood. They are like an annoying little gnat. Go buzz somewhere else! Swat. :smk:

Do us all a favor and just stay away. :p