PDA

View Full Version : WAD probem //URGENT// please answer

Bekatro
16-05-08, 19:00
Hey got a problem :
I downloaded lara's home wad. I fill my level with it, etc...
Then i play my level. AND HERE COMES THE LAG :
I see lara's bottom or egyptians things :mad::mad:

Lol help mee

jeffrey van oort
16-05-08, 19:15
Hey got a problem :
I downloaded lara's home wad. I fill my level with it, etc...
Then i play my level. AND HERE COMES THE LAG :
I see lara's bottom or egyptians things :mad::mad:

Lol help mee

Could you post a screenshot of this?
I don't really understand what it is that you mean..

Piega
16-05-08, 19:26
That's because you output the wad as tut1.TOM. You need to output in the wad's name. Convert and edit your script to load the correct file name or rename your data level into tut1.tr4

And urgent does not work here. You get help when some one wants to help that comes a long. Editing is a patient thing.

Bekatro
17-05-08, 06:51
Hum...sorry Piega i didn't really understand. Anyway, here some screens to sow u my problem :
In editor :
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1151/aaahelp1qi7.jpg

In game:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/853/aaahelp2ln7.jpg

See what the problem is? Lol

Lara's Backpack
17-05-08, 07:14
did you use a program to create your WAD? (IE: WADMerger) or did you just simply click "load objects" from within the editor?

If you did the later, you obviously havent done it correctly... just download WADMerger from www.trsearch.org/ you'll find its much easier than fiddling around with file names...

Yasin
17-05-08, 09:11
Lara's Backpack that is not the problem. He is outputting to the wrong tom file and judging from he not understanding piega's post, it means he has absolutely no knowledge of scripting or file management in TRLE.

Bekatro start reading the manual..

Piega
17-05-08, 09:18
Yes, reading how to edit your script and convert levels is a must. It is not that hard once you tried. Funny thing is I almost knew everything the editor can do before I knew how to upload a screenshot. Now is'nt that ironic, dont you think? It's like a raaaaaaain, on your wedding day. A freeeeeeee ride when you already payed... :D

Bekatro
17-05-08, 09:40
Huh...
I read the manual put how do i create a new File.tom ?
How do i...please tell me how do i do because in the manual the tell me to output on Tut1.tom not on Blablabla.tom

Yasin
17-05-08, 09:57
Oh really ? Obviously you did not read good enough.

First of all a TOM file is nothing more thant a file containin level data. Basicly you can use any TOM file and rename it to the excact name of your WADs. Example: if you have level1.wad, level1was, level1.sfx etc... --> Take the tut1.tom create a copy and rename the copy to level1.tom.

- When you output your level in the editor, select level1.tom
- In your script change the Level= DATA\tut1,<audiotrack> to DATA\level1,<audiotrack>

Convert your script and the end..

Bekatro
18-05-08, 15:40
I did all you said : Copy / Paste Tut1.TOM, i renamed it as Home.TOM (my wad is Home.WAD) Then i output it on Home.TOM, then i open tom2pc.exe, i press "add", i choose Home.TOM, then it works, and in games, it stills do the same... :sad:

Christi
18-05-08, 15:47
Sweety, take a fresh tut1 wad, then take the home wad you downloaded, place the TUT1 WAD ON THE LEFT SIDE AND THE HOME WAD ON THE RIGHT. Place all the objects from your home wad into the tut1 wad. Save, load objects in NGLE or winroomedit (whichever one you have), place the objects in your level. MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE USING TUT1 WAD, YOU HAVE TO OUTPUT IT IN TUT1, NOT SETTOMB OR KARNAK OR CLEOPAL! JUST TUT1;) It should work

Yasin
18-05-08, 16:36
I did all you said : Copy / Paste Tut1.TOM, i renamed it as Home.TOM (my wad is Home.WAD) Then i output it on Home.TOM, then i open tom2pc.exe, i press "add", i choose Home.TOM, then it works, and in games, it stills do the same... :sad:

Are you sure your script.txt is correct aswell? You need to tell the game to launch HOME.tr4 in this case, if you did not made the script change the game will keep booting the wrong Tr4 file which contains the wrong data in your case.

Bekatro
19-05-08, 14:51
Sweety, take a fresh tut1 wad, then take the home wad you downloaded, place the TUT1 WAD ON THE LEFT SIDE AND THE HOME WAD ON THE RIGHT. Place all the objects from your home wad into the tut1 wad. Save, load objects in NGLE or winroomedit (whichever one you have), place the objects in your level. MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE USING TUT1 WAD, YOU HAVE TO OUTPUT IT IN TUT1, NOT SETTOMB OR KARNAK OR CLEOPAL! JUST TUT1;) It should work

Hum... lol Where can i put whatever wad on right/left? Is there a program for? I know im :tea: lol

Zebra
19-05-08, 14:57
Christi is explaining you how to do it with WADmerger. But as you already placed the objects in your level that won't work (unless you want to replace all the objects).

Bekatro
19-05-08, 18:18
Ok it works. Yay!
Now im trying to do a new level (with tut1 wad) I got like 10 rooms. Now, i got this problem : with tom2pc, nothing works (it worked hours ago with this same level) :
1) i open Tom2pc.
2) i press "add" buttom.
3) This box pops up and ask me to choose the wad, i choose Tut1.
4) I press "Convert all" buttom.
5) Tom2pc crashes from the 3rd line :
*** Build All Begin ***
Converting C:/My documents etc,etc...
Room Tex Info : 105
6) Then this info message comes and says: "Whe are sory for the inconvenience, Tom2pc has to close because he has enconted a problem etc...

(Sorry for my english, im french)

Wish someone would help