PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Carbonek_0051
17-05-08, 07:45
Omg who else saw this movie?

I thought it was loads better then the first...:D

Let me know your opinions if you saw it as well?;)

Rivendell
17-05-08, 08:15
I can't believe it's not out here for another month and a half! That's stupid.

The trailer looks fantastic, too.

Carbonek_0051
17-05-08, 08:25
I can't believe it's not out here for another month and a half! That's stupid.

The trailer looks fantastic, too.

OMG! really?:o

I thought it released everywhere the same day,:confused:

I guess you learn something new everyday

Jedd Fletcher
17-05-08, 09:12
I'll be seeing it on Monday, won tickets to it on an internet competition.

Inkheart
17-05-08, 09:32
I'll be seeing it on Monday, won tickets to it on an internet competition.

Lucky you! :D Hope you enjoy it.

I'll be going to see it when it comes out here in England. I thought the first one was good (even though it was a bit like a watered down version of LOTR). And it had talking animals in it! My mum loves them.

Carbonek_0051
17-05-08, 09:35
Honestly I hated the first one, it was kinda blegh, maybe cause of the production value...

But what I can say is the special effects were amazing in this one, and this one had a waaaaaay better production value to it:D

Seb_01225
17-05-08, 09:49
i cant wait for it :D

Rivendell
17-05-08, 09:56
Honestly I hated the first one, it was kinda blegh, maybe cause of the production value...

It's odd that they had double the money to make Lion-witch-wardrobe than they did to make each LotR film.
That's what I learned today. ;)

Inkheart
17-05-08, 09:57
It's odd that they had double the money to make Lion-witch-wardrobe than they did to make each LotR film.
That's what I learned today. ;)

You're kidding?? That's a shame. It really didn't measure up to any of the LotR films.

Carbonek_0051
17-05-08, 10:03
You're kidding?? That's a shame. It really didn't measure up to any of the LotR films.

My thoughts exactly:p

Greenkey2
17-05-08, 10:15
It really didn't measure up to any of the LotR films.

I think this stems partly from the target audience. LoTR = late teens onwards, Narnia = 5 years upwards. LoTR wasn't a children's book, but the Narnia series was aimed specifically at children. Ergo, LoTR has a more mature, 'adult' feel about it, while the Narnia series - by comparison - will be lighter and more fluffy.

That's not disparaging the Narnia series by any means. I've loved them from year dot :D But in terms of depth etc LoTR set a new benchmark for fantasy that - personally - I think will not be reached for a long, long time. Weta and Jackson knew what they were doing :tmb:

I'm really looking forward to Caspian though. I'm slightly surprised they're not making The Horse And His Boy first though... :confused:

Carbonek_0051
17-05-08, 10:19
I felt like this movie had a darker tone...:)

I think thats why I liked it more, it was less fluffy than the one before:p

Rivendell
17-05-08, 10:23
Roll on The Hobbit, that's what I say. :D

Carbonek_0051
17-05-08, 10:25
Roll on The Hobbit, that's what I say. :D

HAHAHAHA!

A bit off topic!

But Yes:mis:

Encore
17-05-08, 22:57
I adore these books, they really marked my childhood, and I'm looking forward to the second movie! I loved the first one. When I was a kid I loved the character of Aslan, it was a tremendous sensation to see him come to life in that fantastic movie. Specially because his voice is amazing (kudos to Neeson :tmb:).

I'm really looking forward to Caspian though. I'm slightly surprised they're not making The Horse And His Boy first though... :confused:

They're following the books in the order they were first written.. :) It was only a later publisher that decided to print them according to the stories' chronological order, but CS Lewis wrote them like this.

It was:
1-The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe
2-Prince Caspian
3-Voyage of the Dawn Treader
4-The Silver Chair
5-The Horse and His Boy
6-The Magician's Nephew
7-The Last Battle

Personally I prefer this order because The Magician's Nephew - the beggining of Narnia - will make a great prequel playing before The Last Battle.

Angel666
17-05-08, 23:19
I thought The Magicians Nephew was the first one. :confused:

Encore
17-05-08, 23:21
That's what I'm saying, later the books were published in the order you know of them, but they were written as this. And the movies decided to follow the original order. :)

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narnia#Reading_order

oocladableeblah
18-05-08, 02:31
I am going to go see it tomorrow, can't wait.

silver_wolf
18-05-08, 02:36
meh...not too excited about it. The first one sucked, this one doesn't looks any different, including bad CGI.

n00b raider
18-05-08, 02:52
LOL I'm going to see this movie in about an hour, actually! :D
So funny I just decided to go to the General forum and I see this.
In that case, I'll tell you what I rate of it in three hours! ;)

Christi
18-05-08, 02:54
I WANT TO SEE IT SOOO BAD!! I'VE BEEN COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS UNTILL IT CAME OUT. But I'll probly not see it untill like next week or even the week after that

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-05-08, 02:55
Haven't seen it yet, but definitely looking forward to it. :jmp:

Even though I didn't really like the first one. :p :vlol:

n00b raider
18-05-08, 03:00
Even though I didn't really like the first one. :p :vlol:

I didn't mind the first one. The CGI wasn't that bad. Then again, I'm not that observant. When Aslan was sneaking away from the camp my friend said "His butt looks like it's made out of plastic." And so it did.:p
Oh well. I saw a special preview of Caspian. It showed Reepicheep. He's so cute but his entrance reminded me a little of Puss In Boots for some reason. :p

Boardachick
18-05-08, 05:00
I thought both movies so far were good. "Prince Caspian" was actually my least favorite book of all seven, but the movie was pretty entertaining. Much better than the ones made in the 80's! I had fantastic pictures in my head when I read "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" so I'm really looking foreward to that one.

Tthe Spirit
18-05-08, 05:45
I cant wait for this movie as well...
looks great...

Aphrodite22
18-05-08, 19:12
its greaaaat i loveed it !! :jmp:

M.A.
18-05-08, 20:12
Just came back from the theatre. The movie is ok in my opinion. Maybe because the villain in this one is not as grand the first one. (I'm a villain guy who always root for the bad ones even though I know they're gonna fail anyway)

But please, watch it by all means if you can. The CGs are tip-top. I really like the mouse (the character is using Ratatouille mouse voice and bestowed with Shrek's Puss In Boots persona! :D). And the river scene is something to behold.... :D

amiro1989
18-05-08, 20:47
I totally hated the first one... It was boring, and too childish I think. I'm definately not going to see that one.

star girl
18-05-08, 20:52
Seen it....

http://i26.************/24bnu4w.jpg

:rolleyes:

Tihocan9
18-05-08, 23:15
I just got back from the movie theater and it was great, ya it was a little cheesy, but hey its Disney what else do you expect. But it was really good and it kept me entertained even though I read the book.

Encore
18-05-08, 23:48
I just got back from the movie theater and it was great, ya it was a little cheesy, but hey its Disney what else do you expect.

This is a common comment on Narnia I don't understand. I can only assume people who say this didn't read the books, because the books are some of the most puerile and innocent fantasy novels you can ever read, and the movies merely reflect that. It has nothing to do with Disney.

And heck, even if it had, what's so wrong about that?

I think people these days have little or no patience to let a little wonder fill their "inner child".

Tihocan9
19-05-08, 01:36
This is a common comment on Narnia I don't understand. I can only assume people who say this didn't read the books, because the books are some of the most puerile and innocent fantasy novels you can ever read, and the movies merely reflect that. It has nothing to do with Disney.

And heck, even if it had, what's so wrong about that?

I think people these days have little or no patience to let a little wonder fill their "inner child".

I didn't mean it as anything wrong, it was a great movie and I loved it, it has been a long time since I read the book so I barley remember it but it just seems like a lot of Disney movies are cheesy, but they are geared toward kids so it is there for a reason, and really I guess cheesy isn't the right word, what I meant was the attraction between Susan and Caspian seemed so Disney to me.

Benguitar
19-05-08, 03:07
I can't wait till I go see it!

Sounds good and looks good.

Tidus
19-05-08, 03:51
I think it butchered the book quite badly but then again I hold those 7 books on a pedastal sometimes...but it was a wonderful movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Butchered novel or not, it was executed perfectly as a movie :)

Shark_Blade
19-05-08, 07:29
I got the game on PS2 and it was actually quite fun and epic. So much battle scenes and a second player can join anytime they want which is cool. :D
I'll give the game a 4.5/5 :p. Haven't seen the movie yet and I'm looking forward to it but we've been seeing tonnes of movie clips in the game itself...which kinda spoil it too me but meh. Prince Caspian (the character) is awesome.

RAID
19-05-08, 08:03
I hope the acting is better than the first one...although it was quite a good movie. The acting was too childish.

McGloomy
19-05-08, 10:17
Of course I will read the book first before I watch the movie. In my collection the books are in chronological order, so that's the reason I already read three Narnia books without out getting to the second one. ;)
The first film was a pretty faithful adaption (cheesy with strong Christian overtones :p), so I'm looking forward to the second one as long as Susan kills some dwarves:

Nwyj8hvUXsM

Ada the Mental
19-05-08, 12:27
I can't wait for this one (yet I have to wait, thanks to a minor annoyance called school exams!). :jmp:

Which reminds that I need to reread the books sometime during the summer.

By the way, am I the only one who liked the BBC series? I watched that version when I was around 8-9 (and haveve not watched it again since), before reading the books, but I remember that I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed the movie version of the Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. But that may be just because I was 8 or 9 when I watched those series.

McGloomy
19-05-08, 12:31
But that may be just because I was 8 or 9 when I watched those series.
I also thought "The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter" was an epic fantasy movie with astonishing special effects, a moving story and surprising plot twists when I was nine years old. A few weeks ago I saw it again. :p

Tihocan9
19-05-08, 20:41
so I'm looking forward to the second one as long as Susan kills some dwarves:

Susan does a lot of killing in this one, there is one part were they go above her and show her killing the enemy soldiers from all sides of her shooting them with her bow of coarse, she is quite good with it, although she had like 1,300 years to practice in Narnia.

Encore
19-05-08, 23:10
I also thought "The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter" was an epic fantasy movie with astonishing special effects, a moving story and surprising plot twists

I thought the same about Mortal Kombat: Anihilation 11 years ago

:yah:

I think what's so great about the Narnia movies, if you forget all the [imo, stupid] LotR comparisons people make, is that Narnia was never a very convincing fantasy world in the books and they make it look a lot more majestic and real in the movies.

I seriously LOVE the work they did with all the creatures; specially the centaurs, because I love centaurs (I'm a sagittarius after all!). I hope there's loads of them in this new movie. ;)

I also loved the little details of the movie's costume and armour design. You could really tell WETA was behind it. I think Peter's armour and helmet is a masterpiece on it's own.

http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/muvies/main_image006.jpg
http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/muvies/main_image012.jpg
http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/muvies/main_image010.jpg
http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/muvies/peterarmor13.jpg

rowanlim
20-05-08, 11:07
I just watched this movie yesterday, it was great. Definitely more mature & darker than the first, but it's a good movie. My soft side was abit disappointed that the romance wasn't developed...hahaha :D :tmb:

daventry
31-05-08, 16:02
Hi, i just came back from the Preview Movie of Narnia Prince Caspian witch is Originally supposed to start June 6.

I must say the Movie is a bit boring and not lively as the First one, therefore i still Vote the First Narnia Movie as the Best ever.

It looks like this Movie will be next, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader since Lucy and Edward are the only ones allowed to return.

I geuss these two The Silver Chair and The Last Battle will be Next, because of the New Characters.

These 2 Movies The Magician's Nephew and The Horse and His Boy will probably come after the Last 3 Movies in 2020 I hope the same Actress who plays the White Witch will play the Part in The Magician's Nephew. I also wonder if they will bring back the Original Grown Up Actors that were at the end of the The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe for The Horse and His Boy as Kings and Queens.

Why the White Witch made an Appearence in Prince Caspian is beyond me, will she be back in later Books/Movies. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, The Last Battle

Tihocan9
31-05-08, 17:55
Hi, i just came back from the Preview Movie of Narnia Prince Caspian witch is Originally supposed to start June 6.

I must say the Movie is a bit boring and not lively as the First one, therefore i still Vote the First Narnia Movie as the Best ever.

It looks like this Movie will be next, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader since Lucy and Edward are the only ones allowed to return.

I geuss these two The Silver Chair and The Last Battle will be Next, because of the New Characters.

These 2 Movies The Magician's Nephew and The Horse and His Boy will probably come after the Last 3 Movies in 2020 I hope the same Actress who plays the White Witch will play the Part in The Magician's Nephew. I also wonder if they will bring back the Original Grown Up Actors that were at the end of the The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe for The Horse and His Boy as Kings and Queens.

Why the White Witch made an Appearence in Prince Caspian is beyond me, will she be back in later Books/Movies. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, The Last Battle

How did you think it was boring, I thought it was pretty exciting, and better than the first one, the original BBC version was not really good IMO. the Dawn Voyager was my favorite book out of the series so I am looking forward to watching it. I wonder how many of the Narnia books are gonna be movies, I hope they do them all though cause I love the first two they have done so I am looking forward to future movies.

daventry
31-05-08, 18:07
They are going to do them all in Movies, thats why my Post are jumbled with Questions. ;)

Tomb Raider 5194
31-05-08, 18:15
Saw the movie some weeks ago and I the movie was pretty good, but I found it interesting and exciting from half to end. I thought the beginning was plain boring, I mean I slept during brief scenes! :p