PDA

View Full Version : Ripping Help

Seth94
17-05-08, 10:38
Okay, which program do you use to ripp objects from TR1,2, and 3? :confused:

Because I want to ripp some objects like weapons, or inventory items, etc, for my level. And also, the problem I had with the M16- can you ripp it from TR2?

Thanks for any help, :D

Seth94

jeffrey van oort
17-05-08, 11:32
try wadmerger. www.trsearch.org I'm almost positively sure that you can find it here under tools.

ukraider
17-05-08, 11:38
You can't rip the M16 from TR2 because it's a a sprite.

Seth94
17-05-08, 16:35

Oh, right, well, is there any other way you can rip the TR2 one, or somehow get that exact one? Maybe extracting it, for example. :)

To Jeffrey van oort, of course I already have wadmerger, I just need to know how to rip objects from other Tomb Raiders- like on TR Search, people have ripped objects like the baddy, for example. How do you do that? :D

Yasin
17-05-08, 16:48
They don't just "rip" the objects but go trough a series of painful and timeconsuming editing to make the "baddy" animate correctly in the corresponding slot. It is not like you press a few buttons and WHAM, a fully working enemy or object appears.

Statics and other simple animating objects can be ripped and assigned to their slots. With some basic animation knowledge in Wadmerger you can figure it out.

ukraider
17-05-08, 17:08
Take a look at the M16 anim from any of the TR2 levels you might be able to remove the actual M16 from that, but it won't be easy. :)

Black Thorn
17-05-08, 17:13
Yeah, it is, but if you rip off the inventory model and rename it as a common pick up item it will work fine. It's not the same with the shooting animation, though. You'll have to "go trough a series of painful and timeconsuming editing" (as Yasin said above :D ) with both WadMerger & TREP to make it work well, I guess...