PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the Tomb Raider bad guys?

AmandaLikesYou
17-05-08, 11:14
I think that the Tomb Raider bad guys are what make the game better!

This thread is for your quotes about them, and ideas for future enemies.

My favourite enemy is the giant serpent cuz it's the biggest.

Aly

Vertigo
17-05-08, 11:17
The biggest doesn`t mean the greatest.
I`m afraid of those Irish little monsters to death!!!!! XD

remote91
17-05-08, 11:18
The biggest doesn`t mean the greatest.
I`m afraid of those Irish little monsters to death!!!!! XD
Lmao, the mini pop'n'fresh?
http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/poppin2.gif

Vertigo
17-05-08, 11:19
:yik: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

ShadyCroft
17-05-08, 11:26
^^:vlol: I thought they were cutely annoying. :ton:

Vertigo
17-05-08, 11:41
Oh my!! They sound so annoying! I always scream playing Ireland I swear!!! And Labyrinth monster were-wolf (?) is so bloody scary too!!! I`m becoming psycho with Tomb Raider!! Gimme Mature rating coz it`s too scary!!! XD Of course i mean old Raiders: yeti, Atlantean monsters, strange mummies, Willard.... Legend and Anni aren`t scary at all!

remote91
17-05-08, 11:51
Willard did creep the hell out of me.

Conway
17-05-08, 12:11
It'd be nice to see some serious horror-themed enemies in TR. :p

Jo269976
17-05-08, 12:19
I'm petrified of the water demon in Chronicles myself :eek:

Vertigo
17-05-08, 12:21
I'm petrified of the water demon in Chronicles myself :eek:

This "Fiji mermaid"? :yik:

Rexie
17-05-08, 12:26
It'd be nice to see some serious horror-themed enemies in TR. :p

http://www.malrollo.net/pikachu.jpg

or in Next Gen

http://thenproject.com/photos/rl_pikachu.jpg

He's the embodiment of evil.

Drone
17-05-08, 12:31
willard was so lame. That battle ruined such a great game. It's only level I didn't like in tr3

Vertigo
17-05-08, 12:37
I find this fight very hard!!! But it was many years ago. I should play it again.

Jo269976
17-05-08, 12:40
This "Fiji mermaid"? :yik:

Yeah, it's just so creepy and skeletal looking and the fact it's very quick underwater...:(

Nannonxyay
17-05-08, 12:41
Those lil white things scared the living daylights outta me. :eek: Whenever I play that level I scream and make Lara jump around like a complete idiot because I'm soo scared. :vlol: Pathetic, I know.

Jo269976
17-05-08, 12:43
Those lil white things scared the living daylights outta me. :eek: Whenever I play that level I scream and make Lara jump around like a complete idiot because I'm soo scared. :vlol: Pathetic, I know.

Kind of like me in Spider cave? :vlol:

I'm not an arachonopohic (I loved spiders when I was little, I think I still do :confused:) but it's just the atmosphere...and the egg sack :eek:

Vertigo
17-05-08, 12:44
Don`t laugh but Fiji mermaid is my worst nightmare!!! I`ve seen so many fake (?) pics of it and even documentaries... Oh....
http://www.bjwinslow.com/albums/cabinetcuriosites/fiji_mermaid_68.sized.jpg

Whatever I`d be glad see it in TRU XD I`m neurotic but in a same way I love to be scared

Nannonxyay
17-05-08, 12:49
OMFG. :yik: *Hides behind pillow*

Christi
17-05-08, 13:20
HOLY ****!!! You just got me haunted on that. Unfortunately TRC is like the only TR game I don't have and really wish I had it.

lisa_croft
17-05-08, 13:22
-pee's pants-

Christi
17-05-08, 13:24
Heh...add this to your collection...

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o59/Gigigigijug24/fiji2.jpg

Vertigo
17-05-08, 13:27
:yik: I wonder is this real or not? I hope not coz I love to swim. And if it`s real I`m not gonna swim till the day I die!!!

Christi
17-05-08, 13:30
heh...now that I look at it more...gugh *shudders* I know what you feel like now.

Vertigo
17-05-08, 13:49
Maybe we`ll see Fiji islands in TRU! If so Crystal MUST include Fiji mermaid!
And I`m SURE we will see Chupacabra because it`s the most dark Mexican mystery now
http://www.paranormal-phenomenon.net/chupacabra-2.png

I want to see some creatures from mythology coz I don`t like human villains like Amanda or Takamoto. They have magical powers but they are still human beings and I`m not scared yet XD

Greenkey2
17-05-08, 14:32
For looks, I love (in a nasty way :mis:) TRA's Greek centaurs. That scene where they wake up and attack Pierre rocks! :D The sound they make, between a horse's scream and a roar, always gives me goosebumps.

For creepy value, TRC's Irish imp demons are just the worst. Having no weapons really made a difference to that levelset. When they're coming at you from behind while you're stuck in a crawlspace, hearing that evil giggling laughter getting nearer... :eek:

For DIE enemy DIE! value though, the prize has to go to TRA's atlantean mummies. The damn things are just too fast, too nasty and too good at jumping out from dark corners and ripping you to shreds to go without a mention :tmb:

Mind you, a well-placed rabid dog in TR4's Mastabas complex once gave me a mortal fear of going round corners without a shotgun :( Took me an hour to peel myself off the ceiling after that episode.

AmandaLikesYou
17-05-08, 15:08
I think that those Warriors in TR2's Dragon's Lair are really creepy and every time I replay that level I turn the volume down......I hate their chilling metal clunks as them try to pick you up and throw you on the floor with their spears...........*teeth chatter*

Rivendell
17-05-08, 15:27
The noises of TR1's mummies and atlanteans. :yik: *Shudders* Horrific groans from around the corner...

Explorer
17-05-08, 15:37
Those unearthly creatures from TR1 :yik:

Those pics made me chuckle.

remote91
17-05-08, 16:37
Heh...add this to your collection...

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o59/Gigigigijug24/fiji2.jpg
That's hella creepy.

Inkheart
17-05-08, 17:20
Personally, I find that it's the enemy placement that makes me jump. I'm replaying TR2 at the moment - there's nothing scary about a man approaching Lara with a club. But stick him on the sunken ship behind a corner, with several shotgun thugs positioned not too far away, and it's a whole new kettle of fish. (Yes, I jumped!). Core certainly utilised all the correct tools in suspense (stripping Lara of her weapons, odd noises etc).

For scariest looking, I'd have to go with the TR1 Atlantean creatures. Strolling up to Tihocan's tomb, I could just tell it was going to happen. But it still made me jump!

Paperdoll
17-05-08, 17:25
:yik: I wonder is this real or not? I hope not coz I love to swim. And if it`s real I`m not gonna swim till the day I die!!!

Nope. From what I remember seeing in documentaries and what not, it was a monkey sown to a fish's tail, insanely popular in sideshows etc.

dream raider
17-05-08, 17:32
Nope. From what I remember seeing in documentaries and what not, it was a monkey sown to a fish's tail, insanely popular in sideshows etc.

A monkey sown to a fish's tail? What kind of person would do such a thing!

Personally, it reminds me of that creepy mermaid in Tomb Raider Chronicles...

Paperdoll
17-05-08, 17:38
A monkey sown to a fish's tail? What kind of person would do such a thing!

Personally, it reminds me of that creepy mermaid in Tomb Raider Chronicles...

Yeah the monkey was alive when they did it :rolleyes:

According to some website I just read, it was a common art form in Japan, used in religious ceremonies etc.

Vertigo
17-05-08, 17:52
Yeah the monkey was alive when they did it :rolleyes:

According to some website I just read, it was a common art form in Japan, used in religious ceremonies etc.

ALIVE? For what did you say it???? I think monkey was dead coz it`s just a scarecrow er?

Paperdoll
17-05-08, 18:05
ALIVE? For what did you say it???? I think monkey was dead coz it`s just a scarecrow er?

I wasn't being serious... O_O

Vertigo
17-05-08, 18:16
I wasn't being serious... O_O

Oh thanks God than XD