PDA

View Full Version : Cloning Lara

Wayne_Scales
17-05-08, 18:07
Hi guy's

I got a tr3 model of lara and put her in the animating slot.Grand,but i have to retexture each mesh to the outfit i'am using but i am completely useless at texturing meshes to make it look like the outfit.Is there any different method to get round this problem.Help greatly appreciated.

Wayne:)

Piega
17-05-08, 18:32
No, I'm afraid you must go the distance. Welkom in the world of patience :)

Wayne_Scales
17-05-08, 18:39
noooooooooo:hea:

ukraider
17-05-08, 19:19
I'm afraid there are no shortcuts to level building. :)

Wayne_Scales
17-05-08, 19:21
If i take a tr4 skin joints put that in the animating slot it would save a lot of time as i would't have to retexture the outfit but the only problem with this method is that there are no joints,does anybody know how to edit the joint meshes in meta to make a full Lara,i haven't got a clue about meta.

Help greatly appreaciated:)

Piega
17-05-08, 19:37
Joints are useless in an animating slot. Joints are hardcoded only in the Lara slots. You can only close the bodyparts in Meta but you already have a tomb raider III Lara.

What ever you choose, you have to texture!

Wayne_Scales
17-05-08, 19:47
It's not that i'am to lazy to texture the arcaelogist lara made be poyu and the waist meshes have 3d belts and this black wire thing.Thanks for the help piega.:hug:

Piega
17-05-08, 20:25
Well you could close the bodyparts from PoYu's outfit with Meta and go a difficult way. I presume you want to create a cutscene with this Lara but it can be much more simple.

Use TREP! You can trigger any animation you want. Move Lara over the map in cutscene rooms etc, etc. Before you do be prepared to do some reading but believe me it takes less time then what you want :) If you use Next Gen engine then I cannot help. I know, TREP and NEXT Gen engine dont go together, you must choose. Or maybe you dont use either of them.

jeffrey van oort
17-05-08, 21:04
export the dfx from the same wad (only the lara skin + animating object) and the textures will remain perfectly the same that is if your orginal Lara skin is also a trIII outfit;)

Wayne_Scales
17-05-08, 21:06
Well you could close the bodyparts from PoYu's outfit with Meta and go a difficult way. I presume you want to create a cutscene with this Lara but it can be much more simple.

Use TREP! You can trigger any animation you want. Move Lara over the map in cutscene rooms etc, etc. Before you do be prepared to do some reading but believe me it takes less time then what you want :) If you use Next Gen engine then I cannot help. I know, TREP and NEXT Gen engine dont go together, you must choose. Or maybe you dont use either of them.

The flipeffect editor right.Iv'e built most of my mission with ngle so i wanted to switch to trep but when i loaded my mission in trle i got to many errors and it kept crashing like [to many textures loaded,loaded maxium]
But thanks for the help piega.:hug:

Wayne_Scales
17-05-08, 21:10
export the dfx from the same wad (only the lara skin + animating object) and the textures will remain perfectly the same that is if your orginal Lara skin is also a trIII outfit;)

Sorry,missed you thier i try that right now.:D

How do i export the dfx from the wad

jeffrey van oort
17-05-08, 21:19
Sorry,missed you thier i try that right now.:D

How do i export the dfx from the wad

Strpix can do that (I am not sure where you can download it)
try www.trsearch.org under tools.
When you have a mesh in front of you, click file & export to dfx.
The texture info will be kept if you are doing it right.

Wayne_Scales
17-05-08, 21:34
So copy the tr3 lara skin into my wad,and then put it in the animating slot??Can you be more specific.I really appraciate this.