PDA

View Full Version : Going to London !

raiderfun
17-05-08, 20:31
Hello everyone :D

Some of you might be aware but I Just wanted to share my hapiness because I'm very keen to go to London next Monday, I'm going to stay there for four days, and I wanted to know If there's anyone who lives there or just someone who's been there so you could tell me how it is ? How's the life like ? (very expensive I guess) And what are the things that shall not be missed to sightsee in 4 days only ?

I heard London's Eye is great, but apparently it is very expensive.
I'll certainly visit the thames too (where Lara has been in TR3)
British Museum If time allows...

Roughly speaking, what are the must-see things ? And souvenirs that ought to be bought ?

Yes, I am very excited I know, BTW It will be my first flight, I have already been to Europe (Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands) but by car :p

I'll probably post some screenshots once I come back :D

Thank you :)

Vertigo
17-05-08, 20:34
In my imagination London is full of Russians, mods and casuals XD

Mad Tony
17-05-08, 20:42
London is a fantastic city. You'll have a lot of fun there. You should definitely check out Westminster area, there's a lot of stuff there (Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, London Eye). :tmb:

Larapink
17-05-08, 20:44
That's great! :D There is so much to see and do here, you will have fun. :)

daventry
17-05-08, 20:47
Ive been there twice and loved it both times, have fun.

JinSlayer
17-05-08, 20:48
Have a good time in London, it's an awesome place. Make sure you check out London trocadero too. It's got pretty much all the latest arcade games there, including Tekken 6! ;)

Rivendell
17-05-08, 21:03
The one and only.. (http://www.lotr.com/)

http://www.arvonia.co.uk/images/client/resized/894-Lord%20of%20the%20Rings.jpg

Seen it 4 times so far, and each time it blows my mind.
:wve:

ben croft
17-05-08, 21:07
I wanna see pics when you come back, dear.

Naomichi
17-05-08, 21:09
Whatever you do, do NOT buy Heat magazine while you're there.

Rivendell
17-05-08, 21:19

:vlol: Damn you, now I've got that infernal song stuck in my head!

"We're goin' to Lonnnnndon to buy Heat-Magazine, we're goin' to Lonnnnnnndon.."

Seb_01225
17-05-08, 21:20
its amazing:D

check out the Camden area its awesome :)

raiderfun
17-05-08, 21:21

Héhé, London is an International city ! :D

London is a fantastic city. You'll have a lot of fun there. You should definitely check out Westminster area, there's a lot of stuff there (Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, London Eye). :tmb:

Thank you, Big Ben for sure, and hope Buckingham Palace as well :)

That's great! :D There is so much to see and do here, you will have fun. :)

Ive been there twice and loved it both times, have fun.

Ah that's nice, thank you ! :tmb:

Have a good time in London, it's an awesome place. Make sure you check out London trocadero too. It's got pretty much all the latest arcade games there, including Tekken 6! ;)

I won't be alone, I'm going with my parents, and the main purpose is to assist to my sister's graduation, and also It is not that easy to move there especially London is a huge city, but I wish I could go there :o

Awww, you made me want to go there so I could meet you Chris :D
Buy ya know ? 4 days ....And with dad and mum :rolleyes:

You also made me want to drop by Dublin especially for Enya, she's a singer, BTW she composed "May It Be" for the first LOTR ;)

I wanna see pics when you come back, dear.

:mis: Ahem....I will try to :D

Huh :eek: N-n-n-o th-th-anks :eek: :eek:

its amazing:D

check out the Camden area its awesome :)

My sister will be the main guide :D

Smog
17-05-08, 21:28
You should go to the Natural History Museum and notice how it's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE the TR3 version. It's a museum of natural history, so no giant Sphinxs, thanks.

Inkheart
17-05-08, 22:20

I swear, I'm going to see that before it finishes! Or die trying. I'm such a theatre nut. There's an offer in Metro for 2 for the price of 1 tickets. Shame all my friends are poor. :(

I know you've already said you're not after a show, but I'd recommend Billy Elliot and Wicked anyway because they're incredible! Day seats are released at 10AM that are 25 pounds each. Front row as well.

I have been on the London Eye, but I didn't really think it was that exciting. I saw a limo from it, though. :D

Dia2blo
17-05-08, 22:30
aaw it sucks you're not staying for the weekend!!! It doesnt seem like the typical thing, but twice every year, the movie, comic media exposition is held at London, where thousands of crazy people (including myself) go and dress up, buy stuff and generally have fun. I'm heading up with my mates this coming saturday (because i live in England)...

But anyways besides that, Trafalgar square is always nice to look at... you could visit some galleries if you like art (although i personally hate the Tate Modern)...

Shrantellatessa
17-05-08, 22:34
I hope you gona enjoy it there, Badr :) I've never been there, but if I were you I'd definitly go visit Madame Tussauds, the famous celebrity wax museum :tmb: And you'd better post pix when you're back :smk: :p

remote91
17-05-08, 22:54
Hope you have a great time visting our nice little country.

raiderfun
17-05-08, 23:48
You should go to the Natural History Museum and notice how it's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE the TR3 version. It's a museum of natural history, so no giant Sphinxs, thanks.

Interesting, I'll keep this in mind, thanks ;)

aaw it sucks you're not staying for the weekend!!! It doesnt seem like the typical thing, but twice every year, the movie, comic media exposition is held at London, where thousands of crazy people (including myself) go and dress up, buy stuff and generally have fun. I'm heading up with my mates this coming saturday (because i live in England)...

But anyways besides that, Trafalgar square is always nice to look at... you could visit some galleries if you like art (although i personally hate the Tate Modern)...

Héhé, unfortunately... However I think it is better because I'll be enjoying my holidays while people will be working mhuahahah :mis: :p

I hope you gona enjoy it there, Badr :) I've never been there, but if I were you I'd definitly go visit Madame Tussauds, the famous celebrity wax museum :tmb: And you'd better post pix when you're back :smk: :p

Oh thanks :hug:

Oh yeaaah Madame Tussaud ! :D The museum that many people were talking about, I'll add it to the list, I am noting all important places :D

Hope you have a great time visting our nice little country.

Oh Thank you :hug:

digitizedboy
18-05-08, 00:37
I'm going to London in a fortnight. I don't know much about the city either. But I'm suprised nobody mentioned the Planetarium! It sounds so great.

Well, I only say that because I'm interested in astronomy, I know it's not everyones cup of tea. But it must be worth a look.

Lonely Istari
18-05-08, 00:43
:jmp: I'm so excited for you!! I was there almost exactly a year ago and I love love LOVED London! It's so easy to navigate and the public transportation is :tmb:.

Some things you should definitely check out:

British Museum - hey the museums are free too!
Tower Bridge
Tower of London
Houses of Parlaiment/Big Ben
The London Eye
Westminster Abbey
Harrod's - if you are a big fan of shopping. To me it's not really that great.
Abbey Road - try to get a pic going across it! :D It's almost life threatening as it is quite a busy street, but worth the shot! lol I got a pic there and I'm very proud of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mesteele/Europe/Edited/EuropePSed012-1.gif
(:) I'm the one in the front [John's place] with the Beatles Bag)

Also, if you have a chance to go outside the city to Surrey... You should definitely check out Hampton Court Palace. It's amazing!!

digitizedboy
18-05-08, 00:44
^ awesome pic, but where's the fourth member? Is almost near perfection! :D

remyma
18-05-08, 00:46
Loves London. Have fun. Go visit Amy.

Lonely Istari
18-05-08, 00:47
^ awesome pic, but where's the fourth? Almost near perfection! :D

Thanks! :D I know, I wish we had a "George" in the picture :( but my sister wasn't able to come with us, and she was supposed to be the fourth. I always said I'd photoshop her in :D, but I don't have photoshop. lol

kryptonite23
18-05-08, 05:32
Cool!! :cool:
The first thing that comes in my mind when London is told...spooky and dark :D

raiderfun
18-05-08, 08:49
I'm going to London in a fortnight. I don't know much about the city either. But I'm suprised nobody mentioned the Planetarium! It sounds so great.

Well, I only say that because I'm interested in astronomy, I know it's not everyones cup of tea. But it must be worth a look.

Hmmmm...Sounds interesting, I wish I could go there and have a look ! :D But I dunno If the rest of family would be any interested as you said ;)

:jmp: I'm so excited for you!! I was there almost exactly a year ago and I love love LOVED London! It's so easy to navigate and the public transportation is :tmb:.

Some things you should definitely check out:

British Museum - hey the museums are free too!
Tower Bridge
Tower of London
Houses of Parlaiment/Big Ben
The London Eye
Westminster Abbey
Harrod's - if you are a big fan of shopping. To me it's not really that great.
Abbey Road - try to get a pic going across it! :D It's almost life threatening as it is quite a busy street, but worth the shot! lol I got a pic there and I'm very proud of it.

Oh thanks mate :hug: That sounds really attractive but meh...4 days :rolleyes: if only I could stay longer :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mesteele/Europe/Edited/EuropePSed012-1.gif
(:) I'm the one in the front [John's place] with the Beatles Bag)

Hey nice to see you there :wve: :D

Also, if you have a chance to go outside the city to Surrey... You should definitely check out Hampton Court Palace. It's amazing!!

I doubt it , I don't think time will allow us to do so. But thanks anyway :hug:

Loves London. Have fun. Go visit Amy.

Thank you. Amy ? You mean the singer ? :confused: :p

Cool!! :cool:
The first thing that comes in my mind when London is told...spooky and dark :D

Tomb Raider 3 ? :mis:

scion05
18-05-08, 08:59
Go to Madam Tussaudes :D

But seriously, London isn't exactly my favourite of all places, I swear,
in the city centre there isn't a single street without a McDonalds!

kryptonite23
18-05-08, 09:02
Tomb Raider 3 ? :mis:

Yeah...Thames Warf is cool :D

raiderfun
18-05-08, 09:21
Go to Madam Tussaudes :D

But seriously, London isn't exactly my favourite of all places, I swear,

Ohhh, we hardly ever not say never eat them, sorry to say but it's bad for health, better to avoid.

Yeah...Thames Warf is cool :D

Fave level in TR3 for me ! :tmb:

I like the shorcut and I also like the ending's cinematic. :D

Rivendell
18-05-08, 10:27

Or a Subway! :D Never stuck for somewhere to eat in London - just follow your nose.

Alex Fly
18-05-08, 10:30
Oh I love London ! I've been there several times in the past, I love this town. :)

Have fun there, Badr ! :hug: :wve:

Tomb Raider Master
18-05-08, 10:30
Enjoy yourself. :wve:

Angelx14
18-05-08, 10:35
Definitely check out the Big Ben; the place I've always wanted to see. And have fun there. ;)

scion05
18-05-08, 10:37
Also, if you can, get on a boat trip down the thames, we did, it was great :D

Freezing cold mind :p

dream raider
18-05-08, 10:38
Have fun!

Perhaps you should visit, London Zoo? :)

Wana b like Lara
18-05-08, 10:38

Yup! You got that right I'm Russian! :p

anyways dont forget to check out the 2 museums the science museum and history theyre both great and free too!!

:jmp:

Grenade
18-05-08, 10:56
Have an awesome time there. :)

raiderfun
18-05-08, 11:17
Thank you all :hug:

Added them to the list , seems nice places ! :tmb:

@Angel : how are you doing BTW ? We haven't chatted for ages :D

@scion : I'm looking forward to this, but meh, stuffs are way too expensive there :o

Vertigo
18-05-08, 11:32
Yup! You got that right I'm Russian! :p

haha! privet ;)

Seb_01225
18-05-08, 11:41

LOOOOL!
love that ad

Lonely Istari
18-05-08, 16:43
Oh thanks mate :hug: That sounds really attractive but meh...4 days :rolleyes: if only I could stay longer :(

I was only there for 3 days and fit it all in! :D Well, we really didn't spend much time in Harrod's nor did we actually go IN the Tower of London or Westminster Abbey. - Though I really wish we would have! But I got to see them anyway, and that in itself was awesome! Anyway, make it your own trip and you'll have lots of great memories! Be sure to take lots of pics! And most importantly: have fun!!! :jmp:

Drone
18-05-08, 16:44
have a good time :wve:

jackles
18-05-08, 18:13
The London Dungeon is fun. (they sentenced me to death for being a witch the last time i was there!!!!)

If you go to Trafalgar square the national gallery and the national portrait gallery are right by there.

British museum is good ....and the natural history museum.

Atlantisfreak666
18-05-08, 18:23
I love London.

Camden rules.

findme
18-05-08, 18:33
I was just in London about 2 hours ago...woooooooo shopping spree was bloody amazing.

Argh London Dungeons IS NOT good, its soooo educational based and it was NOT scary at all.

Seb_01225
18-05-08, 18:34
I love London.

Camden rules.

you read my mind

jackles
18-05-08, 18:39
Yeah but the London Dungeon is fun and daft if you have the attitude for it! Though we did laugh our heads off at the ripper exhibit! :D

Larapink
18-05-08, 19:23

Enjoy this Advert, I love this song. :D
Going to London to buy a heat magazine, :vlol:
UvbVNv7i2qY&fmt=18

Jo269976
18-05-08, 19:27
...to buy a Heat magazine :ton:

Sorry, I just had to :D

Have a great time, the Dungeons are so much fun...educating you while freaking you out.

Last time I was there I was sentenced to death for being the leader of a naked cult that marched through McDonalds on a saturday morning :vlol:

Edit: Damn, someone beat me to the punch :D

ajrich17901
18-05-08, 22:47
OMG i realy envy u right now TAKE ME WIT U LOL!
Have fun! and make sure to get lots of pics!:jmp:

Larapink
18-05-08, 22:50
TAKE ME WIT U LOL!
:vlol: I remember that line but I can't remember where it was from.

ajrich17901
18-05-08, 23:04
:vlol: I remember that line but I can't remember where it was from.

Haha to many movies to count eh?
Haha that actualy just poped out of my head when i saw the thread title i wanna see the UK more than anything

Larapink
18-05-08, 23:13
Haha to many movies to count eh?
Haha that actualy just poped out of my head when i saw the thread title i wanna see the UK more than anything
Yes too many, but I think it might be from Futurama or something like that.

remote91
18-05-08, 23:28
Yes too many, but I think it might be from Futurama or something like that.
Probably anything involving aliens..

Real Life Raider
19-05-08, 00:50
A recent visit to the Big Town.....blogged!

http://bluebook.o2.co.uk/rob-bo/capitalweekend/jsps/viewblog

Click on the pics for more pics!

Gregori
19-05-08, 01:05
I'm thinking of popping over to london in june!

Christi
19-05-08, 01:12
OMG HAVE FUN!!:hug:

rowanlim
19-05-08, 01:47
Well, have fun & be safe! Take care! :wve: ;)