PDA

View Full Version : Problems...

God Horus
17-05-08, 21:53
So once again I have more problems with my game.

I decided to have a puzzle where Lara need to activate a pressure plate to trigger a raising block, but she has nothing to trigger a raising block with. So, there is a puzzle where she duplicates herself. You step on one tile, and then a Lara double appears on a different tile. What I did was took the Lara double from Cleopetra's Palaces wad, and then put it in a pushable object slot. In OCB, I clicked on Invisible, so the pushable is invisible until you trigger it. All works fine, but when I go to move the pushable, it won't move :confused: I push CTRL, and Lara does not get in the moving stance. I have an animating object around it (that thing from Cleopetra's Palaces that you would step into to be duplicated.

Also, in my City of Vilcambamba level, the game completley freezes at certain points... I have no idea if it is an issue with my PC, or the game itself (it usually freezes in certain areas)

ukraider
18-05-08, 06:22
The reason Lara may not be able to pust it is the collision box around it could be to small, make sure the actual collision box is 1 tile square and adjust it with Fexanim if required.

No idea about the second problem.

Piega
18-05-08, 07:42
You cannot trigger pushables. I used this trick to make them non pushable. Never got the second problem and my gues is more a PC issue then the game itself. The game runs or it crashes.

Yasin
18-05-08, 11:44
Same goes for movables such as keyholes. I wanted to use these invisible keyholes in my level to become visible after a trigger. But after they becoming visible Lara would not interact anymore with them. I thought it was something strange, but I guess thats the "law of the engine"

Piega
18-05-08, 12:09
Comes to mind, there is a topic about switches. Some will work when triggered after being set as invisible. Trick is though that they must be triggered by something else then Lara! So use a camera with a heavy trigger or rolling ball to trigger the keyhole or pushable.

I dont know if it works, it works but not on everything. At least you can try :)

Yasin
18-05-08, 12:13
>.< should have known that earlier, oh well eventually took a door_type4, adjusted its thickness in Meta and collision with Fexinspect so it blocks the keyhole. However Lara can still interact with it but the collision won't let her reach the keyhole. It looks a bit stupid but it works fine and also the way I want the scene to happen.

God Horus
18-05-08, 18:01
Well, I'll use something with harpies attacking gold Lara instead. The game froze for no reason before, and I do not know why. I loaded a previous PRJ and converted that and it works fine . . . So I will continue using this one then

jeffrey van oort
18-05-08, 22:12
There is an easier way to do this..
Have the pushable 4 clicks under the ground and place a raising block under that pushable that pushes the pushable up. this way it will become visable after and you can move it.
Easier I think.

God Horus
18-05-08, 22:57
OMG. You. Are. A. Genious. :jmp:

jeffrey van oort
19-05-08, 00:51
>.< should have known that earlier, oh well eventually took a door_type4, adjusted its thickness in Meta and collision with Fexinspect so it blocks the keyhole. However Lara can still interact with it but the collision won't let her reach the keyhole. It looks a bit stupid but it works fine and also the way I want the scene to happen.

Why a door?
use a static mesh (texture it to be invisable) add collision and then you can prevent Lara from walking through and better yet you can place it in a flipmap room;)