PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials

Vinkula
18-05-08, 13:27
Okay everyone! Here we can speak about Time Trials. I've just finished Ghana's, Japan's and Nepal's time trials. I finished all in 1 try... O_O I have next England, Kazakistan (In Italy but In English I can't write it), Bolivia's and Peru's. Oooh, I love "Amanda"- outfit.
Your turn lads!

Braider
18-05-08, 14:02
I have finished all the time trials, Vinkula you will find Kazakistan the hardest!!!

Vinkula
18-05-08, 14:13
Yep, I have notisted. Kazakistan is very hard level... I never finish it...
(I mean I never finish Kazakistan's time trial :D)

Minty Mouth
18-05-08, 14:40
There is a huge shortcut in kazakhstan, you can skip about 10 minues of the level using it!

Verdilet
18-05-08, 14:47
There are lots of shortcuts throughout the game. I love trying them out during time trials.

Clara [CA]
18-05-08, 14:48
You should check this section (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/timetrials/index.html) of the Hub. There are a lot of useful tips there. :wve:

Vinkula
18-05-08, 15:00
Thanks Clara! I have to read that.

SummerBreeze
18-05-08, 19:08
It's funny that you mention time trials. I re-did Japans time trial yesterday. It was a breeze. I was left with lots of time.

Anyway, I finished all the time trials a very long time ago. I might attempt them all again though. Could be fun.

Thankyou for the link Clara. I will read it now:)

Jo269976
18-05-08, 19:24
Done them all shortly after completing the game when it was released :D

Hint: The roll-backflip saves a LOT of time ;)

KIKO
18-05-08, 19:34
I've done all of them. THe most hardest for me were England and Bolivia Redux. I just couldn't defeat amanda in that little time. :hea:

Chocolate
19-05-08, 11:52
I completed all time trials with cheats enabled. Forget about seeing me attempting them with dignity though - the rewards stink anyway. :p Except Amanda's.

lisa_croft
19-05-08, 19:55
I found kazakistan quite easy tbh. The one i hated the most was uhm...-forgot the name- when you enter the pryamid and the eggs of the flying mummies are on either side.

Nevera
19-05-08, 20:15
I finished them all after I finished the game. If I remember correct Kazakhstan was my hardest time trial. :)

My tips are:

Do practice dry runs. Know the levels inside and out. Know where you can take shortcuts without sustaining too much damage. Practice moving as fast as to can. Visualize a fire ball is chasing you and haul butt!! Have mini destinations planed ahead. (only things you NEED to do to complete the levels) Disregard everything else.

never walk or run, Always jump roll or summersault toward your next destination even while fighting (if possible) Keep moving forward at all times. If you pass through a door start pressing the roll or jump right before the screen loads to take advantage of every second
Jump DOWN all stairs (hold button longer for biggest jump possible)
Roll or flip UP all stairs to increase speed. (Never jump UP stairs Lara will trip up a bit and slow down)
Hope that helps!

Mytly
19-05-08, 20:27
Good tips, Nevera. :tmb:

The one i hated the most was uhm...-forgot the name- when you enter the pryamid and the eggs of the flying mummies are on either side.
That's the Great Pyramid from Anniversary, not a level from Legend. :p

Vinkula
20-05-08, 15:15
AAARGH! I am going to mad! Kazakistan... Is too hard to me!! I don't have eny hairs enymore! (OKay, of course I have :D) , but that MOTORBIKE ... Mrrr!

Nevera
20-05-08, 21:19
Where are you having trouble with it? Enemies or the course itself?

Azerutan
20-05-08, 22:57
Can't blame, I never finished the time trials, I hate playing a game fast, I get bored, I have to play slow and right. Probably someday I'll do them all...

Vinkula
21-05-08, 07:48
Where are you having trouble with it? Enemies or the course itself?

Motorbike enemies... They always drive behind me and they push me toward the tree. Mmm... Jes! England's time trial finished. That was easy...

ClareT
21-05-08, 18:32
I've done all of the time trials, and I must say the hardest ones for me were Ghana and Kazakhstan. I finished with plenty of time, but the levels seem so long and some parts of the levels take quite some time. Remember to take shortcuts where possible, such as the major one in Kazakhstan of jumping straight across to the boss room when you first enter that room with the tesla gun.

Hardest problem in time trials was the motorbike chases, those took ages xD

Nevera
21-05-08, 22:45
Motorbike enemies... They always drive behind me and they push me toward the tree. Mmm... Jes! England's time trial finished. That was easy...

Youíre probably already doing it, but swerve on your bike a little more and try to take advantage of the terrain. Weaving in an out will make you harder to hit and get behind. Make sure you Use the ramps and jumps to get above them, they will not use the jumps. If it looks like youíre going to land on something, you can turn in the air the air by tipping the L stick in the direction you want to go. Because they canít use the ramps, they will be forced to come around the side of you, when they do, fire down on them while your in the air. If you keep hitting a particular tree, drive over along the train tracks instead and stay to the left closer to the train until youíre clear of that spot. You wont be able to leave the area until youíve killed enough bike and van riders, so your goal is to pick off as many as you can as fast as you can then get to the screen exit. Donít run from them. Avoid them if it looks like their going to hit you obviously , but keep in mind youíre hunting them. Hope that helps. :)

Vinkula
22-05-08, 07:38
Thanks! Okay, now I've finished Bolivia's time trial. Mmm. I have to try Kazakistan again...

Crystal girl
22-05-08, 07:44
I finished all time trials, they were not so difficult to complete, but I enjoyed myself playing them :)

Nevera
22-05-08, 13:33
Thanks! Okay, now I've finished Bolivia's time trial. Mmm. I have to try Kazakistan again...

No problem! Good luck!:)

Braider
22-05-08, 19:32
Vinkula, when doing the motorbike part of Kazakistan try to pick off the riders as quick as you can. Also use thr ramps and the terrain to help get through the area. Hope this helps!!

Vinkula
25-05-08, 09:38
AAARGH! I never try Kazakistan's time trial enymore! All other places goes very well, but motorbike scene... ARGH. I don't need "Amanda, Winter", "Bikini" and "Bikini, Black" :<<<

Nevera
26-05-08, 03:28
Iím sorry to hear itís proven difficult still. You can always take a break from it and go back later if you change your mind. If you do and you want more help you can pm me if you like and we will try to work out the problem. :)

Vinkula
26-05-08, 16:50
Yeah, thats true. My time in Kazakistan (Without time trial) is 39min. O_o

rowanlim
27-05-08, 13:57
Done all, Kazakistan is tough :p

kryptonite23
28-05-08, 09:38
I have finished all the time trials :)

Braider
28-05-08, 15:46
Vinkula, have you completed the Kazakistan time trial yet?

I noticed your best time was 39 mins, you get 27 for time trial, only 12 mins to make up!!!

Nevera
28-05-08, 17:20
Exactly, thatís not far to go. If you keep practicing youíll get faster. I certainly didnít make it on my first try. I had to improve my time before I completed.