PDA

View Full Version : Free Music?

Anajrob
18-05-08, 17:42
I'm working on some project for school and I need some music... which blends good with fairy-tales :cln: lol A

Any good sites for this kind of thing? :) Like to download free music and use it...

:)

Nannonxyay
18-05-08, 17:45
Isn't that illegal?

Larson_1988
18-05-08, 17:47
Isn't that illegal?

Not necessarily! Are you looking for some background music?

Because Titak gave a link to a site she downloaded music for her custom levelset Himalayan Mysteries! I'll see if i can find it. :)

Anajrob
18-05-08, 17:47
I guess it's not if there is some site with free music just like there are free images...

Not necessarily! Are you looking for some background music?

Because Titak gave a link to a site she downloaded music for her custom levelset Himalayan Mysteries! I'll see if i can find it. :)

Yes :) something to freshen up my presentation :D

MrBear
18-05-08, 17:48
Nannonxyyay: Not always illegal.. Here in Denmark our biggest (I think) supplier of telephony and internet has launched something called 'Play' which enables you to download millions of songs for free if you're a customer :)

Edit: yeah yeah, Mr Bear is a slow typer, we know... :p

Anajrob: Just read your first post again - do you only need music to listen to? Not download?

irjudd
18-05-08, 17:48
No not if someone makes original music and then uploads it free of copyright. :p

Larson_1988
18-05-08, 17:51
I got that backgroudn music from freeplaymusic.com (http://www.freeplaymusic.com/search/) if I remember correctly.
I then mixed it with an AOD background ambience. ;)

The freeplaymusic.com site might be worth a check if you are looking for somethign specific. It has lots of different styles of music! :tmb:

Here is the link, :) I quoted directly from the post she made in the Himalayan Mysteries thread! :tmb:

Anajrob
18-05-08, 17:52
Anajrob: Just read your first post again - do you only need music to listen to? Not download?

No... to download it and paste it into my presentation which is some school project that has to do with fairy-tales.. but I'll be a bit boring without music :p

Edit: Thank you Larson_1988 I'll check it out :)

MrBear
18-05-08, 17:54
No... to download it and paste it into my presentation which is some school project that has to do with fairy-tales.. but I'll be a bit boring without music :p

Oh, okay.. I was unsure if you just needed the music to entertain you whilst working on the project :p

Sorry I can't help you :wve:

Nannonxyay
18-05-08, 17:55
Oh I get it, I thought you meant like actual like music that people sell on CD's and stuff.

Anajrob
18-05-08, 17:59
Oh, okay.. I was unsure if you just needed the music to entertain you whilst working on the project :p

Sorry I can't help you :wve:

lol Thanks anyway :)

Minty Mouth
18-05-08, 18:41
You should try esnips.com There are some illegal files on there, but just dont download them, the rest is fine.

Larapink
18-05-08, 21:25
There's no such thing as free music. ;)

Geck-o-Lizard
18-05-08, 21:27
Of course there is.

Try the Newgrounds audio portal (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/) :tmb:

oocladableeblah
18-05-08, 21:30
Shouldn't be illegal unless it's copyrighted and someone put that on to download.

Punaxe
18-05-08, 21:34
OverClocked Remix (http://www.ocremix.org/) has loads of free remixes of videogame music, some very great ones even. Pick a fairytale game and I'm sure you'll get some fairytale music :p

MrBear
18-05-08, 21:42

Here in Denmark our biggest (I think) supplier of telephony and internet has launched something called 'Play' which enables you to download millions of songs for free if you're a customer :)

And that's any kind of music.. Everything you'd consider 'hip', Justin Timberlake or whatever.. :)

Geck-o-Lizard
18-05-08, 22:00
Just for clarification, we don't allow discussion of P2P/filesharing software. I understand that they can be used entirely legally, but because they're so heavily abused for copyright infringement and software piracy, we can't let you share info about them here.

Mad Tony
22-07-14, 09:54
Just get YTD, download the videos from YouTube and rip the audio. It's very simple.

Trenton
22-07-14, 10:04

Of course there is. Plenty of music is available online to download for free. Some music is even available for use in other works (videos etc) royalty free. :)

Of course most music is not free and people downloading it illegally should be punished harshly for their crimes. :)

bagas
22-07-14, 10:15
Whoa there, this is an old thread :o
It's from 2008!

Drone
22-07-14, 12:35

There is. There're free concerts time after time. I'm talking real music here.

And you can get music for free if you play/compose it ;)

Mad Tony
22-07-14, 12:48
Hang on a sec, it says I'm the first person to post in this thread for years yet how come I saw this at the top of GC before I posted? I wouldn't have posted in it otherwise. :confused:

TRfan23
22-07-14, 12:53
Because I reported the user who bumped the thread and it seems like their post has been removed, but the thread has yet to be locked.