PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball: Live-Action Movie

Pietras
18-05-08, 23:32
If you didn't know, 20th Centruy Fox is making a movie adaptation of a popular anime Dragon Ball. The movie is currently set for a April 8th 2009 release. The filming has already wrapped, the movie is now in post-production. (according to IMDB)

Dragon Ball was a favourite show of mine when I was a kid, so yes, I am kinda interested how it will turn out as a live-action movie. I have a great dose of a sentiment for the anime. Though to be honest, there's a high propability that it will be the worst movie ever made, given the source material and how hard it will be to make a decent movie based on it. What do you think of the whole idea?

And BTW, before you ask, yes. We DO have a pic of Justin Chatwin as Son Goku in the movie:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9500/dragonballgokuhz0.jpg

And one with Bulma:
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6349/samdoran300x200dk6.jpg

Images from dragonballmovieblog.net. You can get more info about the movie on this site also.

Forwen
18-05-08, 23:34
I used to watch it while doing Maths homework, probably that's why I always scored so low.

ajrich17901
18-05-08, 23:38
This movie is gonna suck big time they need to stop makin movies like this and get original already

Lenochka
18-05-08, 23:39
I used to watch it while doing Maths homework, probably that's why I always scored so low.
:vlol:!!!!

Anime version... meh :S
Live action version... most likely just as meh =/

remote91
18-05-08, 23:39
Oh very dear.

Encore
18-05-08, 23:46
I was obsessed with this show when I was younger, in fact everyone in the school I went to was, I remember there were massive skipping out of classes when it was on TV.. It was VERY popular in Portugal!

Probably because it marked my pre-teen years so much, I feel kinda offended that they're making it into a movie that, by all indications, will be ridiculous.

The fact that I hate Justin Chatwin doesn't help too; yes, some years ago when everyone else was "annoyed" at Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds, I was annoyed at the pathetic attempt at acting Chatwin did in that movie. And not to mention the disgrace called "Invisible" :ohn: :ohn: :ohn:

irjudd
19-05-08, 00:34
*RAW-FULL* :vlol: I wish I had dorky DBZ hair.

Seriously, I don't see how they could capture the intense fights in live action. By intense I mean "I will fight you now!" *21 minutes of "YAAAH" flying towards each other* "ZOMG WILL THIS BE THE END OF WHATSISNAME FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BAWLLLZZZZ!"

*cough*

Conway
19-05-08, 00:36
Ew. They're going to ****ing screw up the movie, I'm almost sure.

Encore
19-05-08, 01:19
Seriously, I don't see how they could capture the intense fights in live action. By intense I mean "I will fight you now!" *21 minutes of "YAAAH" flying towards each other* "ZOMG WILL THIS BE THE END OF WHATSISNAME FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BAWLLLZZZZ!"

EXACTLY :vlol:

Pietras
19-05-08, 01:40
Ew. They're going to ****ing screw up the movie, I'm almost sure.
They would need a miracle to make this movie watchable. I would love to see it turning out good, but it's pretty much impossible.

ChingKong
19-05-08, 03:16
interesting..........the only thing that'll probably make this movie good is the special effects....if they use any

USP
19-05-08, 03:40
I am sure the dialogue will be great.
"YAHHHHHHH"
"KAMHE KAMME YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"PICCOLO HAS THE SPIRIT ORBS HIT HIM WITH AN ENERGY BEAM"

interesting..........the only thing that'll probably make this movie good is the special effects....if they use any
No.
NO SPECIAL EFFECTS. I want to see REAL energy beams. In fact, they should make it a documentary.

Librarian
19-05-08, 03:48
I'm so excited.

*bursts*

Naomichi
19-05-08, 05:23
I predict I will be laughing so hard I cry during this movie. :D

Titanium
19-05-08, 10:27
Oh dear...

Good guy: I am going to defeat you, I shall tell you how I am going to defeat you... by defeating you! Cause I fight for good and Justice... (20 minutes later) and I will defeat you in the way I previous said!
Bad guy: No I will defeat you!
"30 seconds fighting"

"Next episode"

Good Guy: I will now re-explain how I am going to defeat you!

tampi
19-05-08, 12:30
And BTW, before you ask, yes. We DO have a pic of Justin Chatwin as Son Goku in the movie:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9500/dragonballgokuhz0.jpg

:eek::cool: This picture looking very good!!! :)

You are all a defeatist :ton:. All you jest in series but you know all on it. :ton::D
Only I hope that they get to the film the friendship sense, honor, purity and innocence that Son Goku had in the original series :)

Obscure
19-05-08, 12:55
I used to love Dragonball Z when that weird alien thing, something like Frieza was around and he killed the majority of the cast and Goku turned golden or something. That was years ago :) I wish I could watch them now :(

Rexie
19-05-08, 13:11
oh..my god...

are you serious?!?!? This is beyond my wildest imagination!!

and I watched DB since I was a little girl :/

Nannonxyay
19-05-08, 13:13
Oh dear...

Good guy: I am going to defeat you, I shall tell you how I am going to defeat you... by defeating you! Cause I fight for good and Justice... (20 minutes later) and I will defeat you in the way I previous said!
Bad guy: No I will defeat you!
"30 seconds fighting"

"Next episode"

Good Guy: I will now re-explain how I am going to defeat you!

:vlol: You got that 100% accurate. :tmb:

That dudes hair looks positively dorky. :vlol:

Paperdoll
19-05-08, 13:23
You're all forgetting about early DB! Come on, the whole perviness is hard to ignore :D

I hope this is like Mortal Kombat... so bad that it's good :D

I was obsessed with this show when I was younger, in fact everyone in the school I went to was, I remember there were massive skipping out of classes when it was on TV.. It was VERY popular in Portugal!

No no... it wasn't very popular. It was obsession, insanity, A FREAKING RELIGION!

I know it was to me :p I still have lotsa stickers me thinks... those were the days :D

RAID
19-05-08, 13:26
You gotta be kidding. The anime was bad and stretched enough, and now a live action movie...I see a great disater coming. Bad acting for starters and a bunch of screaming in mid air while they swollow steroids...and bleach their hair.

Rexie
19-05-08, 13:30
No no... it wasn't very popular. It was obsession, insanity, A FREAKING RELIGION!

I know it was to me :p I still have lotsa stickers me thinks... those were the days :D

I remember when I lived in Lithuania, so it was this DB chew gum with stickers, so I had them all, so I wanted to trhow them away when they got boring, so I remember selling them for 2Lt each xD

And i lithuania, it was a religion too :/ some boy went insane and kept screaming "Kaaaaa-meee-haaaa-meee-haaa" the whole day -.-

ShadyCroft
19-05-08, 13:31
RAID! :vlol:

Never watched the series, but I know I wont be interested in people flying in mid air for the entire movie while pulling soprano vocals at each other.

Pietras
19-05-08, 13:34
You gotta be kidding. The anime was bad and stretched enough, and now a live action movie...I see a great disater coming. Bad acting for starters and a bunch of screaming in mid air while they swollow steroids...and bleach their hair.

That is why it was so good :vlol: ;) My and my friends watched it religiously when we were kids :D

tampi
19-05-08, 14:04
:mad::ton:

You are all forgetting that Bulma is young and this film can be realted with the series begining..... He only fight against Piccolo, he don't transform himself in a super-warrior or super-fighter or.....the correct translation

Envious!!!!! :ton::ton:

:D

Rexie
19-05-08, 16:41
How can bulma be young if gohan is an adult :confused:

and Bulma has blue hair, that girl in the first page looks more like Chi-Chi

Titanium
19-05-08, 16:44
Yeah looks more like Chi-Chi or possibly Videl? Or even Pan?

Naomichi
19-05-08, 16:51
I watched SO much of this anime when I was supposed to be studying, I'd drag my carcass downstairs at about noon and just watch hours...

One time Cartoon Network they showed a marathon of the Furiza saga.

Almost 18 hours of television... It was epic.