PDA

View Full Version : indy jones 4

krycekuva
19-05-08, 12:12
i heard yesterday on tv that indy jones its already being premiere on some countries,.. usa more likely,.. i was,.. well wondering what do you think about the film,...

i for one have tickets for the german premier on Wednesday:D:D

Rivendell
19-05-08, 12:18
I'm going on Thursday, I can't wait! :D

Carbonek_0051
19-05-08, 12:19

Me too:D

I just bought the first 3 in special editions:)

I will watch those until then:jmp:

krycekuva
19-05-08, 12:22
i saw the 3 SE last weekend, and since them i have repeated a few,... funny yesterday once i finished watching last crusade, i realize that it was also shown on tv,.. so i watched it once more,..:D... cant get tired of it,..:D

Agent 47
19-05-08, 12:46
Indiana Jones 4 may not be the last

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7406990.stm :D

Larapink
19-05-08, 12:47
I can't wait to see this. :jmp:

Encore
19-05-08, 13:01

Me too :yah:

touchthesky
19-05-08, 13:21
I was almost going to see it but luckily got out of it.

I hope you guys who are excited to see it have fun :).

I am more excited about Sex in the city.

krycekuva
19-05-08, 13:22
cool i love sex and the city,.. but indy goes for it way more,..:D... even thou,.. i think sex and the city is already out,.. isnt it?...

touchthesky
19-05-08, 13:25
Not until the 28th here.

The original plan was if I went to Indy with my boyfriend he would come see Sex in the city with me..BUT we were gonna go see it Monday after it comes out and then we made plans to go to Cadonas (theme park) that day..and he also wants to take his brother to it who is at school. So we can't go after or before we are done at the park. So he said he'd take his brother by himself and still come see SITS xD.

JinSlayer
19-05-08, 13:32
I can't wait to see it. Film looks tick!

ShadyCroft
19-05-08, 13:51
I hate you all! :p I will be having my finals around the same time as the release, so am crossing my fingers for it to still be on by the time I finish my exams.

SamReeves
19-05-08, 16:24
Indiana Jones 4 may not be the last

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7406990.stm :D

If it's a reboot, I won't support it. Harrison Ford or nobody.

krycekuva
19-05-08, 16:27
i will::D:D... would love to see another trilogy,.. or perhaps a new one introducing shia, and later new indy moves with shia:D:D:D

Vertigo
19-05-08, 16:29
So Shia LaBadaboom is Indiana`s son there? What about Sean Connery? Is he in?

tomb raider 22
19-05-08, 16:30
need 2 see indy jones 4 :D

daventry
19-05-08, 16:34
Sean Connery is a Grandfather now and resigned the Movie Business 2 Years ago.

Vertigo
19-05-08, 16:35
Sean Connery is a Grandfather now and resigned the Movie Business 2 Years ago.

Really? That`s bad, he was hillarious as Jones father!

Smog
19-05-08, 16:49
I was just wondering why this thread didn't exist. Now that it does...

Bring on Thursday! :D

Lara Croft!
19-05-08, 16:50
When it's released I'll definitely go and see it!

Ada the Mental
19-05-08, 19:57
I hate you all! :p I will be having my finals around the same time as the release, so am crossing my fingers for it to still be on by the time I finish my exams.
Same here. Spread the hate! Grrrr!
Anyway. My final exam is on May 31. I know how I'll celebrate the end!:D

I keep my fingers crossed that this will live up to the good old Indy awesomeness.

ShadyCroft
19-05-08, 20:04
^^Lucky you! I finish on the 2nd June. :(

ben_the_joka
19-05-08, 20:05
Im going thursday with my dad, im hesistant tho, not sure if it can live up to its predecessors!

Angelx14
19-05-08, 20:21
It's out on Thursday in here and I'm so going! =D

TombRaiderLover
19-05-08, 20:26
Meh, I'll probably end up watching it eventually (enjoyed the original trilogy), but right now I'm much more hyped over The Dark Knight. :)

Christi
19-05-08, 20:56
This will be a cool movie! I can't wait to see it. But I have to see Narnia first;).

silver_wolf
19-05-08, 21:33
I'm going Saturday! Don't care for the massive crowds of opening night/day, I like to enjoy my movie. So far nearly every review is positive! :D

ben croft
19-05-08, 21:36
I'm watching it!! On theaters May 22 here in Brazil!! :jmp:

:wve:

Stel4eto
19-05-08, 21:39
Cool movie, and me on the middle row in the middle.:ton:Grandpa Jones, with my right mind functioning I will spend two great hours with you!!!!!:p

Agent 47
19-05-08, 21:47
Im going thursday with my dad, im hesistant tho, not sure if it can live up to its predecessors!

starring Harrison Ford as Indy

i reckon you have nothing to be worried about :D i will see this movie as i like the series, but i must confess i'm more hyped for The X-Files:I Want To Believe

Encore
19-05-08, 22:43
I'm so ****ed off right now..

I just remembered Thursday's a holiday here, and that means I will have to work 10 hours and end at 22h. I can't go see the movie!!! ****ING WORK. :hea::hea:

Aphrodite22
19-05-08, 23:03
im gonna go n see it this weekend yay :jmp:

matrix54
19-05-08, 23:17
i only saw indy 3 and the last 30 minutes of two. they all came on yesterday, followed by a special on what cystal skulls are.:) i do want to see 4 though:D

Jo269976
20-05-08, 00:03
Can't wait...c'mon thursday! :jmp:

Mr.Burns
20-05-08, 00:21
I heard the critics at the Cannes festival were let down a bit by the movie. Personally I could give a hoot with what the they think, I'll still go see it at midnight. :D

Paperdoll
20-05-08, 00:25
I heard the critics at the Cannes festival were let down a bit by the movie. Personally I could give a hoot with what the they think, I'll still go see it at midnight. :D

Wasn't it given an ovation? O_o I remember reading it... for like 3 minutes or something.

Mr.Burns
20-05-08, 00:27
Wasn't it given an ovation? O_o I remember reading it... for like 3 minutes or something.
Yea...I read that very early this morning so...wasn't fully awake :whi: *shrugs* I could be wrong, but like I said, I could care less what the critics say, it's Indiana Jones. :)

Agent 47
20-05-08, 00:29

did you happen to hear what they thought about X-Files? :D

i'm looking forward to a new adventure with Indy.............it's been awhile :jmp:

oocladableeblah
20-05-08, 00:31
Can't wait for this, I'm gonna see if Saturday give it two days for the huge crowds to go see it. Yay I get to see an indy film is theaters :yah:

Real Life Raider
20-05-08, 00:31

'Lukewarm applause' was how I heard it.

As Mr Burns says.. like the cannes clique know a good Indy film when they see one! :D

Paperdoll
20-05-08, 00:36
Yea...I read that very early this morning so...wasn't fully awake :whi: *shrugs* I could be wrong, but like I said, I could care less what the critics say, it's Indiana Jones. :)

Mark:

The Sunday night premiere of “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” met with a 3½-minute standing ovation

http://www.variety.com/VR1117986022.html

AmericanAssassin
20-05-08, 00:39
Hmmm... I actually just read that the reviews have been very mixed. I'll probably check it out, but I'm not expecting anything from it. ;)

Mixed Reviews at Yahoo Movies: http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20080518/121114128000.html

Amarok
20-05-08, 04:16
I'll more then likely not be able to go see it in the theater until next week some time as I'll be busy working all weekend.

Granted I already know the entire story from begining to end, thanks to a little early release reading I received.

Rivendell
21-05-08, 09:27
This review made me excited :D

Hands up everyone who has dug out the grainy VHS tapes, splashed out on the boxset or tuned in to the repeats of the iconic Indiana Jones trilogy recently? All in preparation for the return of the whip-cracking archaeologist after two decades away from the cinema. But is Indy's return a thrilling joyride or an ill-conceived attempt to revive a franchise best kept alive through rose-tinted memories of the glory days? The answer lies somewhere in between, as one's reactions to the film swerve more wildly than the mine cars in the Temple of Doom.

Set in 1957, and evoking the period setting flawlessly, the merits of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull can be split down the middle in terms of its quality. The first half is mostly lifeless, devoid of momentum and simply too full of plot exposition and background details about the mystery of a seemingly alien skull that the dastardly Russians are after, along with Jones. Given Ford's trademark laid back, laconic drawl, it feels like being stuck in an overlong history lesson presided over by the monotonous teacher from the Charlie Brown cartoons.

The highly watchable Shia LeBeouf shows his beef as the follicularly-obsessed Mutt, but the character fails to spark the narrative into life despite providing Indy with some vital information from his mother - none other than Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen) from Raiders of the Lost Ark. An efficiently directed motorbike chase scene sees the pair form a bond, but the plot is lumbered with too much flabby excess baggage such as the pointless presence of the FBI and their investigations into Jones.

The central villain of the piece, Irina, looks a Nazi version of Betty Boo and is equipped with such clichéd dialogue that one starts to wonder whether director Steven Spielberg has spliced in some outtakes of Frau Farbissina from an Austin Powers movie. Cate Blanchett wisely keeps a straight face throughout, although that's a far harder job for the audience.

However, once the action hits the jungle and the focus is solely on the battle between good and evil for the possession of the skull, the film finally becomes the breathtaking rollercoaster we'd all hoped for. Packed full of visually outstanding sets, jaw-dropping chases, flesh-eating bugs, sympathetic simians and incredible stunt work, the latter half of Crystal Skull showcases the clinical mastery that Spielberg has with action sequences. He manages to make them frenetic without ever losing a sense of clarity as to what's going on. Having said that, the finale is certainly a case for Mulder and Scully to crack.

There's no doubt that at the core of the film is an admirable attempt to demonstrate that heroes need not be pensioned off simply because of grey hairs and wrinkles. There's plenty of life left in Harrison Ford's legs and he's hardly at the stage where he's carrying a colostomy bag in one hand and a whip in the other, while demanding that a stairlift be installed inside any sacred temples to facilitate easier access.

On the subject of humour, there's a noticeable lack of the visual gags that punctuated earlier instalments in the franchise. Don't expect anything here to rival the genius of Indiana pulling a gun on the master swordsman in Raiders or the inventiveness of Indy's dad accidentally shooting his own plane to bits mid-air in The Last Crusade. Furthermore, the bickering between Indiana and Marion becomes grating pretty much immediately.

In fact, Marion's presence is surplus to requirements and adds very little to the enjoyment factor. Fortunately, the decision to cast British thespian stalwarts John Hurt, Jim Broadbent and Ray Winstone in new roles certainly pays off as they play their characters with the right degree of relish and seriousness.

Elsewhere, there are some brief but touching nods to the earlier movies, with visual references to both the late Denholm Elliot's character Marcus and Sean Connery's Professor Henry Jones.

Overall, several snips in the editing suite and a few more genuine laughs could have done wonders for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Yet if you can manage to stifle the yawns early on in the film and expel rather then suspend disbelief, then the movie should have won you over once it enters the home straight. It's certainly enough to hope for one more crack of the whip in the future.

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a96434/the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull.html)

rowanlim
21-05-08, 09:35
It opens tomorrow but I'll be busy, so perhaps I'll watch it NEXT weekend :rolleyes: I've high hopes :D :jmp:

krycekuva
21-05-08, 15:54
wo hoo,... im on my way to cinema..:D:D:D....

and in an 1 1/2 ill be sitting in front of my first big childhood hero once again:D:D:D:D:D...

indy rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomb raider 22
21-05-08, 16:32
im goin 2 see it on monday yay :jmp: :D :p :) :yah:

Agent 47
21-05-08, 21:10
i just read George Lucas already has idea's for a 5th movie........

Conway may have a rough idea given what he posted in his thread........

McGloomy
21-05-08, 22:33
I just watched Indy 4.
The movie was a mess. A big, fat, entertaining mess. :mis:
Nevertheless Erich von Däniken would be proud.

Fortunately everyone in the cinema got a beer for free. ;)

remote91
21-05-08, 22:49
I really want to see it. Indy film's are some of the best around so surely it wont dissapoint.

Admles
22-05-08, 06:48
It was enjoyable enough, but Last Crusade was better IMHO.

Harrison Ford does well though, especially as he's 64 now.

Mr.Burns
22-05-08, 06:49
*nods* Quite enjoyable though I wouldn't classify this as a continuation of the first three. It has a different style than before.

touchthesky
22-05-08, 08:50
My boyfriend is going later. I'll try convince him to write a review.

Rivendell
22-05-08, 08:58
I'm going at midday to see it :jmp:

Ilves
22-05-08, 09:37
THE EBERT says it rocks. I'll go with that. :D

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080518/REVIEWS/969461084

krycekuva
22-05-08, 11:39
i may say its great fun,... i woke up today with the feeling of wanting to see it again... thou, i admit its way more influenced by modern movies than by clssical indiana ones ones...:D...

and it was great to see so many homeos..:D

daventry
22-05-08, 11:52
I just came from the Movie and i must say that it was rather good, but its like a big blow with an Older Indy and now he has a Son. http://raven.theraider.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Why wait almost 20 Years for another Indy Movie when Harrosen Ford is 65, why not make more Indy Movies after the third one. Now he's Married and you can sort of close the book and say the end. What a waste of 19 Years for a third Film where we could've gotton more. http://raven.theraider.net/images/smilies/gun.gif http://raven.theraider.net/images/smilies/whip.gif

Harrison looks very good for his Age, he really squashed Sylvester Stallone in Rambo 4 where he looked like a very tired buffed up Old Geaser with 10 lines in the Movie. http://raven.theraider.net/images/smilies/sick.gif

The references and Jokes were cool, but nothing was said about Willy or Shorty and Sallah. They probably werent his BEST Friends like Oxley and Mac, characters i never knew before. http://raven.theraider.net/images/smilies/confused.gif

krycekuva
22-05-08, 12:05
isnt willy the girl from the second part?.. shorty is definitely anoying,... and sallah?.. i kind of missed him, but,.. this was not a soup, you are not supposed to mix sallah in every movie,. he is still a grave digger in egypt,...

thou i agree, why wait 19 years to get another episode, when it would have been clearly possible the most 7 years ago...:( that bother me,.. now indy is definitely oo old, even tou he went great, its obvious that the adventures are counted,.. and,.. indiana jones without harrisond ford is just not indiana jones at all... its like joey without F.R.I.E.N.D.S... a waste,...

daventry
22-05-08, 12:15
Now i know why i enjoy Tombraider so much, because there were a new TR every Year.

If TR1 were made and we waited 9 Years for TR Legend, i would've walked and demanded my Money from Crystal Dynamics.

i still want my Money back since Lucas Arts ripped me off with Star Wars Battlefront 2, how can you make a PC Game with PS1 Graphics on it.

krycekuva
22-05-08, 12:35
i found sad that they didnt produce more indiana jones with harrisond ford,.. he gave to indy the whole charm it needed... none of the spin off chronicles are the same,..:(

daventry
22-05-08, 12:59
Would it be possible to make more Indy Movies all in CGI like Beowulf.

touchthesky
22-05-08, 15:05
Things like the fact that (SPOILER; HIGHLIGHT) he has a son should be spoilered I think. Because some people won't want to know that.

Turtle
22-05-08, 15:17
Okay, so I've always been an Indy fan. I lapped up anything I could get my hands on in my younger years. Books, Games, the tv show, the flicks (I'll never forget that heartbreaking Christmas where we were forced to return my Indiana Jones VHS Boxset, and the store couldn't replace it)

I love all three movies, and so was pretty excited about going to see this. I was hoping to avoid Spoilers in this review, but there are a few below which are really important to my feelings about the film. so I'll make do with saying that this deserves it's place in the Indy saga. I know a lot of reviews have said that it doesn't feel like Indiana Jones, but it does IMO. It's just Indy in a different period setting, so obviously it's going to feel slightly different.

The ending was the thing I was most hesitant about, (Highlight for spoilers) involving Aliens in the story of Indiana Jones never seemed like a good idea but I think it works. (Highlight for spoilers)Given that they're not really portrayed as Aliens, but as Higher beings akin to the religious aspects of the first three. I don't see what's wrong with a Franchise (Highlight for spoilers) that has already aknowledged the existance of various Gods to confirm what we think of as Aliens.

Harrison Ford rocks as the older, harder Indy. And I have to say Shia does a terrific Job, if there are any future installments (and there will be if George Lucas and Harrison Ford have anything to say about it) I look forward to seeing more of him as Mutt Williams.

Oh and using the old, less fancy, Paramount logo was awesome, small detail (and actually something I had hoped for before seeing the movie)

Rivendell
22-05-08, 15:54
Just seen it!
I can't tell you how much I loved this film, it had everything I'm 'into', and more. :hug: :jmp:

I didn't blink for like the last 10 minutes I was gobsmacked and so chuffed! :yah:

Smog
22-05-08, 18:26
Saw it today and, well, what can I say that hasn't already been said?

While it was never going to be as good as the oldies, it was still a ton of fun.:D

And hiding in the fridge was inspired.:cln:

Nemo_91
22-05-08, 19:12
I SO want to see it! :(

krycekuva
22-05-08, 20:29
i think the whole movie was quite fine,.. the aliens, and the references, and the son,... all of it was nice,... just one thing bother me,.. normally indiana jones isnt about just fighting,. and if your going to fight, then is about fighting on cool places,... i think the movie was driven highly into just plain fight, and there were aswell a few blancks scriptwise. would have been nicer a bit more of exploration and less of fx.

silver_wolf
22-05-08, 21:04
so glad to hear all these positive reviews. ironically, there are more positive ones here then at The Raven, an Indy fan-forum. Speaking of which, daventry you aren't a member there by any chance are you?

Rivendell
22-05-08, 21:29
I'm going to go out on a limb and actually say that I prefer it to the original trio. :) I didn't think I would, but thinking about it now, I really do.

The Ark, the Temple of Doom, and the Grail - all wicked. Totally, undeniably brilliant films. Temple was my favourite before now because of the freaky setting.
But Indy 4 is so much more up my street!

- Spoilerino's -

Crystal Skulls - :yah:
El Dorado - :yah:
A variety of tombs and temples - :yah:
Bloody amazing coreographed fight scenes - :yah:
Aliens - :yah:
Ancient 'Advanced' Gods - :yah:
Ancient 'Advanced' Gods who are actually Extra-Terrestrial - :yah:
Area 51 - :yah:
Roswell reference - :yah:
Psychic research - :yah:
Ufo - :yah:
Inter-dimensional travel - :yah:

And all that in spite of LeBouf! Who, surprisingly I actually enjoyed watching. :D

daventry
22-05-08, 21:39
so glad to hear all these positive reviews. ironically, there are more positive ones here then at The Raven, an Indy fan-forum. Speaking of which, daventry you aren't a member there by any chance are you?Yes i started Yesterday but i made an Account about a Year ago. :p

Thos people are mean, they swear and take insults seriously. :confused:

silver_wolf
22-05-08, 21:41
Yeah, it's definitely a rough place. I'm Perhilion, btw, hope I'm not one of the people who was mean to you. I recognized your review.
Rivendell, good to hear. I'm more and more psyched for this Saturday!
Would it be possible to make more Indy Movies all in CGI like Beowulf.
Bad idea. I would, however, like to see an animated series.

krycekuva
22-05-08, 21:42
i actually dont disagree with you riv,.. i kind of go on the same line,.. it did bother me the fact of the fighting scene being more important,.. the rest is your call... :D...

i was actually imagining natla flying out all burned behind indy..:D:D:D

CGI like beowulf,..????!?!?! would hate that idea... beowulf was already bad enough, as to make another movie imitating humans instead of using them (uncanny valley)... on the other hand animated movies would be cool... animated movies ala batman animated series, or like teen titans, or like the clone wars ones:D:D:D

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=NFw5xytB4_s
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=wOyvFO-RBeY&feature=related
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=jLcMAloGwcA&feature=related

Rivendell
22-05-08, 21:43
Haha yes, that's exactly what I was thinking at the 'fridge' bit. :D *That's the explosion that set Natla free!! :eek: *

silver_wolf
22-05-08, 21:46
Is the fridge scene too ridiculous? I know what happens, but is it handeled so that people see it and go "that couldn't work..could it?" rather than "give me a break!"

daventry
22-05-08, 21:51
Yeah, it's definitely a rough place. I'm Perhilion, btw, hope I'm not one of the people who was mean to you. I recognized your review.Cool, i wouldent have even noticed :pIs the fridge scene too ridiculous? I know what happens, but is it handeled so that people see it and go "that couldn't work..could it?" rather than "give me a break!"You nailed it, it was totally redicules. ;)

There were no bruses or broken ribs and i thought a Fridge seals shut from the inside and cannot be opened.

Everything got wiped out, exept the stainless steel Firdge. :mis:

Rivendell
22-05-08, 22:04
It's not too ridiculous, it's more like "Omg look at him go! :yik: " .. "Oh, he's fine. Yay." then you forget about it and enjoy the rest of the film. :D Plus they get around it by briefly noting that it's a Lead-lined fridge.

Actually the only bit I raised an eyebrow at was Mutt, tarzan-swinging through the jungle like the monkeys. That was Uber-cheese. ;)

Cochrane
22-05-08, 22:10
Just returned from the cinema, and I loved it. I would have expected Shia LeBouf's (or what is he spelled like?) character to be a distraction, but he did his job really well. The climax, well, I'm not 100% certain whether I like it the way it is, as it does deviate from standard IJ movies quite a bit, but then, it works and is still great, so I won't complain.

The old logo was a nice touch. So were the rodents everywhere, they were cool. The fridge, well, of course that was highly over-the-top and unrealistic, but given both what came before and what comes afterwards in the same movie, I don't object to it at all. It's fun, and in this case that's all that really counts.

krycekuva
22-05-08, 22:10
It's not too ridiculous, it's more like "Omg look at him go! :yik: " .. "Oh, he's fine. Yay." then you forget about it and enjoy the rest of the film. :D Plus they get around it by briefly noting that it's a Lead-lined fridge.

Actually the only bit I raised an eyebrow at was That was Uber-cheese. ;)

it was a tiny bit over the top,.. and rather than lifting my eyebrow at good old indy, i did it at spielberg who seems to be getting old, or hanging with the wrong stephen summers crowd. :/

silver_wolf
22-05-08, 22:15

Actually the only bit I raised an eyebrow at was Mutt, tarzan-swinging through the jungle like the monkeys. That was Uber-cheese. ;)
Well, that's ok. Indy movies have never needed to be uber-realistic.

krycekuva
22-05-08, 22:24
now i cant wait for another movie,.. if so,.. im sure it ill be more ala temple of doom,.. inside caverns and castles/palace ... probably in europe now,.. he have never discovered anything over there,.. have he?...

oocladableeblah
23-05-08, 00:38
Gonna go see it tomorrow, wanted to let all the long lines die down a bit.

Shark_Blade
24-05-08, 12:02
I just watch it last night! WooHoo it was worth it! Older means wiser and more experienced, and Indy just proves that big time! I never like Shia LeBouf and my niece was a big rabid fan of his. I kinda started to like him in this film, before this I despise him in Transformers and Disturbia. :p yeah, he's okay. Marion is back too, and Indy's back in action I felt some sort of surge of joy, I love this trilogy so much. *sniff lol* That Irina Spalko lady kickass!

5/5 stars from me. Can't wait for the trilogy to come out on Blu-Ray!! :jmp::jmp:
Indy in HD....*faint*

spoiler

I was like WTF there's a big ufo at the end! :yik: I felt like watching a sci-fi movie or x-files, but thank God it's very brief.

Jo269976
24-05-08, 12:40
Saw it last night and it was pretty damn good, Harrison still played Indy as brilliantly as ever and there was plenty of action sequences in it. 7/8 out of 10.

The only problem I had was the lack of any traps in the tombs/temples/crypts like the originals (boulders, darts etc) and the fact there was far too much comic relief in my opinion but that's todays demographic for you...

Cochrane
24-05-08, 13:07
now i cant wait for another movie,.. if so,.. im sure it ill be more ala temple of doom,.. inside caverns and castles/palace ... probably in europe now,.. he have never discovered anything over there,.. have he?...

Europe isn't exactly a white spot on the map so I don't think it'd fit as well. North America, Australia or Africa might be good choices for future locations.

Rivendell
24-05-08, 13:18
Everywhere seems to be the same feeling about the film.
"It's good, apart from the last 10 minutes."

Whereas I say, "It's good, and the last 10 minutes blow me into a state of pure fricking joy."

:D

tlr online
24-05-08, 13:19
Gonna go see it soon. Can't wait. :jmp:

Mr.Burns
24-05-08, 13:22
Chris, I look at it this way: It was a very expensive home video for three guys who missed the old days. They had fun and you could tell. :)

Rivendell
24-05-08, 13:24
Oh, definitely! I can't imagine how much fun everyone involved with the film must have had :tmb:

The whole concept of the story though - Ancient Astronauts, Gods being Extra-Terrestrials - it's so totally up my street. Blame Tomb Raider, and AoD in particular. ;)

Mr.Burns
24-05-08, 13:35
lol. I kept thinking throughout the movie "Where's Lara?" :o It was a good movie. Different than the previous three and despite some critics saying that the old magic was lost, it'll still do well. I'll say this, I hadn't laughed that much in an adventure movie in a long time. I also loved the nice little homages to the older movies. :D

Soma Holiday
24-05-08, 14:39
I saw the film last night, and while I don't think it lives up to the old ones, I have to admit that it felt so much like a Tomb Raider game that it wasn't even funny! The blend of Sci-Fi and Raiding, and even the look at times were on par with TR.

There were some things that hurt the movie though...while I think the CG was amazing, I think they took a lot of risks with it, mainly because they did a whole lot of sequences that wouldn't have been possible 20 years ago, so the whole movie felt WAY over the top and unrealistic, which sucked because the old ones felt like they could actually happen.

I think it was a good movie but it wasn't amazing. I love the scenery, especially at the end...but it all just seems more suited for Lara Croft than Indiana Jones...IMO. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to the viewer.:p

7 out of 10 for me!!! :wve:

oocladableeblah
24-05-08, 15:37
Thanks to certain members and not writing in white and no spoiler I learned about >spoiler Indy's son spoler< before the movie.
Other than that it was awesome I thought some of the unrealistic parts were extremely funny and awesome.

Shark_Blade
24-05-08, 16:50
Blame Tomb Raider, and AoD in particular. ;)SPOILERS**

There's one part in the movie where they go down the "well" and the platform stairs goes into the wall. When I saw that it reminds me of Aod's Tomb of Ancient. :D I just smiled.

Rivendell
24-05-08, 16:52
Haha, yes, that's what I was thinking too. Got to be pretty glad we didn't have to make those jumps while the platforms were moving in AoD though. :tea:

TRLegendLuver
24-05-08, 16:55
Ooh. I saw the movie last night. It was sooo good. I grea up on the Indiana Jones movies, so I was escatic when the IV came out. I was shocked to see how much Harrison Ford had aged, but it was 18 years ago, so you gotta give him some slack. My cousin, who has a major fettish with him, when to a resturant, and Harrison Ford just happened to be there ! She was sooo excited. She took I think three pictures with him and he signed some autographs. She has it framed now. haha lol :D

Bonez
24-05-08, 17:12
Just got back.. fantastic. :D

I thought the beginning was a bit wierd, bu when you get into it its great. :jmp:

oocladableeblah
24-05-08, 17:17
Just got back.. fantastic. :D

I thought the beginning was a bit wierd, bu when you get into it its great. :jmp:
lol yeah you had to sort of adjust to Indy's age. I liked how easy it was for them to get into Area 51:vlol: and I liked how Shia was a greaser and kept combing his hair at the stupidest moment :vlol:

cammy.
24-05-08, 17:21
I can't wait to see this movie! It came out 3 days ago here, I would have seen it already but I'm sick so I don't want to go and then be coughing every few seconds and wreck it for everyone else. I did it once with Pirates of the Caribbean cos I couldnt wait to see it, and it was actually crap for me cos the whole time I was just trying not to cough.

Shark_Blade
24-05-08, 17:33
Ooh. I saw the movie last night. It was sooo good. I grea up on the Indiana Jones movies, so I was escatic when the IV came out. I was shocked to see how much Harrison Ford had aged, but it was 18 years ago, so you gotta give him some slack. My cousin, who has a major fettish with him, when to a resturant, and Harrison Ford just happened to be there ! She was sooo excited. She took I think three pictures with him and he signed some autographs. She has it framed now. haha lol :DOooohh.I envy your cousin.:o Harrison Ford is one of the person I look up to since a kid and to even see him live is ecstatic enough for me. Maybe one day..:p

lol yeah you had to sort of adjust to Indy's age. I liked how easy it was for them to get into Area 51:vlol: and I liked how Shia was a greaser and kept combing his hair at the stupidest moment :vlol:Yeah, to me Shia is a dork, who wants look cool trying to comb his hair even though he's shivering in fear. But he's a lovable dork, so I'm fine with that. :D

TRLegendLuver
24-05-08, 17:48
Oooohh.I envy your cousin.:o Harrison Ford is one of the person I look up to since a kid and to even see him live is ecstatic enough for me. Maybe one day..:p

I envy her too sometimes. I grew up on the Indiana Jones movies. Saw them when I was five, for crine-out-loud. :p haha

Veronica Ma
24-05-08, 20:33
Chris, I look at it this way: It was a very expensive home video for three guys who missed the old days. They had fun and you could tell. :)
I got the same impression. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
24-05-08, 21:35
I envy her too sometimes. I grew up on the Indiana Jones movies. Saw them when I was five, for crine-out-loud. :p haha

lol i was about 3 when i saw them :) harrison ford is such an inspiration, he made me wanna be an archeoligist when i was little haha

i just went to watch this movie today and i give it a rating of 10/10 :D
honestly it's so good!

to anyone who hasn't seen it and likes the other movies id suggest u go watch it :) it's unmissable

but has anyone noticed the link between underworld and this movie??? shot in the same place, both mayan, i noticed the circular symbol in the movie matched that of the one of underworld's pictures and also he temple looks exactly the same. in fact this movie made me more excited for underworld!!

xxxxxxxx

Sweets
24-05-08, 21:38
I went to see it yesterday and it was AWESOME! Harrison Ford is still so handsome and I loved Cate Blanchett's role, she rocked it. I highly recommend it :tmb:

TRLegendLuver
24-05-08, 22:25
lol i was about 3 when i saw them :) harrison ford is such an inspiration, he made me wanna be an archeoligist when i was little haha

i just went to watch this movie today and i give it a rating of 10/10 :D
honestly it's so good!

to anyone who hasn't seen it and likes the other movies id suggest u go watch it :) it's unmissable

but has anyone noticed the link between underworld and this movie??? shot in the same place, both mayan, i noticed the circular symbol in the movie matched that of the one of underworld's pictures and also he temple looks exactly the same. in fact this movie made me more excited for underworld!!

xxxxxxxx

I started writing mythical stuff down because of him, and I have about 5 or 6 archeology jorunals, full of papers and pictograms, its crazy. It reminds me of the Last Crusade, when Indy's dad had that old diary to get the Holy Grail. lol :D

I would see the movie, to anyone who is reading this. Harrison may be eighteen years older, but he is still an attractive man, and has a great spirit. He loved playing the role as Indiana Jones, and when he passes away, I will cry, for he is an amazing actor, and great ro-model.
I didn't know that Cate Blanchett's that played the *Russian lady*, but now I recognize her. haha
I loved the ending to the movie, and it ended great, and I think because of the way the movie ended, I think that they are going to make more Indiana Jones movies soon.
If that is the case, I will have the first tickets, and be three-four hours early if I have to. lol :p

BtoFu
24-05-08, 22:35
I thought it sucked on so many levels.

raiderfun
24-05-08, 22:49
I think I might go and watch it in the cinema whenever I'm free :)

oocladableeblah
24-05-08, 22:52

That's how I saw it too same thing with the oceans 11 movies.

xXhayleyroxXx
24-05-08, 22:53
o yeah i didnt actaully know her name was cate blanchlet but i recognised her as galadriel out of lord of the rings :)

@ trlegendlover - wow thts really cool :)its nice to see you were insrired as well, and so i bet you were really looking forward to watching this too :D

@raiderfun - yeah id suggest u do its so good!!!

ben croft
24-05-08, 23:21
****ing amazing!! Tam tam nan nan, tam tam nan... :D

krycekuva
25-05-08, 00:10
cant wait to get it on dvd,..:D:D:D and to see them all on the same day:D:D:D:D:D

Encore
25-05-08, 00:57
I loved it :tmb: I think anyone who expected this to be some kind of "masterpiece" totally misses the point of the Indy movies ;) It was the PERFECT popcorn flick of the year.

I'm so hot for Shia right now :whi:

cant wait to get it on dvd,..:D:D:D and to see them all on the same day:D:D:D:D:D

HELL YEAH :jmp:

bloodstormaoa
25-05-08, 01:04
Saw it tonight....****ing loved it :D It was quite different from the previous three yet still retained enough of the Indy formula to make it instantly recognisable..

Great to see Marion back too :tmb: And I liked Mutt...

Although, still not sure about the ending and how the whole story panned out :pi:

SPOILER*I expected Mulder and Scully to show up In the Amazonian rainforest....in 1957....that can't be right, right?

I also thought that they showed too much of the alien when it came close to Irina's face....I liked it better in the shadows. Somewhat passable?

The UFO rising seen could have been more unabashed too.*SPOILER

rowanlim
25-05-08, 01:40
I just saw the movie 2 days ago, great show! Indy rocks :D :p

TRLegendLuver
25-05-08, 02:22
****ing amazing!! Tam tam nan nan, tam tam nan... :D

Haaaahaaa
I so love the theme song.
Tam tam nan nan, tam tam nan, nan nan, tam tam, dun, du, dun, duh, dun!
Its my favorite "hero" song. :D

xXhayleyroxXx
25-05-08, 09:47
it made me have a dream last night :
i was going on this weird egyption themed expedition with indy for some reason but in my dreams (as well as real life) i had a phobia of cat mummies (the same ones of tomb raider anniversary) except they could bite and climbcollums after you. so i did this training exercise in a fake pyramid where indy pretended to be a cat mummy so i would get used to them or something :S it was really weird and quite scary, its hard to explain! and then there was this cistern pool withdrains (also scared of drains) and i was standinng on this thin walkway with cat mummy indy chasing me , it looked like the only way was down. so i said "nooo, i cant go in there, i just wont" and he grabbed me and jumped in. it wasnt too nice lol. sounds a bit like a story doesnt it :P
xxx

kryptonite23
25-05-08, 10:34
I saw this film last wednesday and I liked it :D

Rivendell
25-05-08, 10:52
I'm going to see it again in a couple of hours! :D Can't wait!

Shark_Blade
25-05-08, 12:31
Oh I wanna see it again too! :D Maybe this weekend. :jmp:

Ikas90
25-05-08, 12:44
Saw it last night. Absolutely loved it! Fantastic film.

I think the previous ones are the best though. Nothing beats classics. Harrison Ford is like in his 70's now, but still he performed well. I like how the story is set 20 years after the previous movie, which is the same timeframe in which they made the movies.

Shark_Blade
25-05-08, 12:52
He's only 65 Saki...:pi:

Ikas90
25-05-08, 13:10
He's only 65 Saki...:pi:

Oops, my bad... :pi: Lmao @ the part where Mutt asked if he's like 80. :vlol:

Shark_Blade
25-05-08, 13:18
Oops, my bad... :pi: Lmao @ the part where Mutt asked if he's like 80. :vlol:Yeah, I was feeling bad for Indy and was thinking like "give the guy a break Mutt!". :mad::p Mutt..it's like a dog's name, same with Indiana, Henry's dog name. :vlol:

Rivendell
25-05-08, 16:23
I think somehow, I liked it even more the second time through! :D

silver_wolf
25-05-08, 17:23
I saw it last night. I wasn't sure how I liked it after I got out of the theater. While I knew there was alien involvement, I thought maybe there was too much of it. Now, though, I think I like it. It's somewhere between Temple of Doom and Last Crusade for me. I want to see it again, I'll probably like it more.

Aphrodite22
25-05-08, 17:37
i saww it yesterday it was greaat!.. some parts reminded me of TRU, those maya things..

:jmp:

silver_wolf
25-05-08, 21:32
I came up with an alternate ending for the movie, one I think would have been much better.

First, instead of going after an alien body in the warehouse, the Russians would have Indy find the ark for them. Somehow he would stop them and the scene would play out like it did. Later, when they get to Akator with the skull they would find out that the gods weren't aliens, they were humans, and the throne room is actually a "god machine" ala FoA that uses technology passed on from Atlantis to Akator. The 13 rulers of Akator used it to transform or "evolve" into higher, more powerful beings, and their "crystal" skeletons retained the energy of the machine. So in the throne room, Spalko puts the missing skull on the last skeleton which powers and starts up the machine to transform herself, but at the last second Indy steals a gun and shoots the skull off one of the skeletons, disrupting the process and killing Spalko. It also causes the machine to overload, creating the vortex that destroys the temple, minus the UFO.

Veronica Ma
25-05-08, 21:43
I came up with an alternate ending for the movie, one I think would have been much better.

First, instead of going after an alien body in the warehouse, the Russians would have Indy find the ark for them. Somehow he would stop them and the scene would play out like it did. Later, when they get to Akator with the skull they would find out that the gods weren't aliens, they were humans, and the throne room is actually a "god machine" ala FoA that uses technology passed on from Atlantis to Akator. The 13 rulers of Akator used it to transform or "evolve" into higher, more powerful beings, and their "crystal" skeletons retained the energy of the machine. So in the throne room, Spalko puts the missing skull on the last skeleton which powers and starts up the machine to transform herself, but at the last second Indy steals a gun and shoots the skull off one of the skeletons, disrupting the process and killing Spalko. It also causes the machine to overload, creating the vortex that destroys the temple, minus the UFO.

Oh, there's so many things they could have done with the plot, I don't even want to get started. But I definitely wished they'd used the Ark more... in several places actually. I think that even adding that one aspect to the plot would have made the story SO much better. :D

silver_wolf
25-05-08, 21:49
I'm actually glad they didn't involve the ark too much. Anything more than what I posted would have made it feel like a fan script. What really made the movie not quite as good as it could have been for me was the ending. I like aliens, they interest me, but when I left the theater I was really unhappy. The ending just didn't seem to fit. Now, however, I've gotten used to the idea and I want to see it again!

Agent 47
25-05-08, 22:12
Indy without Harrison is like Trek without Shatner..............pointless :mad:

i liked this movie but if Lucas uses his idea for Indy 5 and have Harrison in the Connery type roll then i'll probably pass on it..........would they even call it Indiana Jones? :(

raiderfun
25-05-08, 22:13
Had the film been recorded in USA only, or even in Mexico and Morocco ? :confused:

Agent 47
25-05-08, 22:16
Had the film been recorded in USA only, or even in Mexico and Morocco ? :confused:

well.........it was the first Indy movie not to have parts filmed at Pinewood Studio's here in England :(

Veronica Ma
25-05-08, 22:21
I'm actually glad they didn't involve the ark too much. Anything more than what I posted would have made it feel like a fan script. What really made the movie not quite as good as it could have been for me was the ending. I like aliens, they interest me, but when I left the theater I was really unhappy. The ending just didn't seem to fit. Now, however, I've gotten used to the idea and I want to see it again!
That's why I thought to have used the ark more, just as an example, would have at least kept the plot on more of an ancient rather than modern theme. But that's just my personal taste, that's all. :D

raiderfun
25-05-08, 22:27
well.........it was the first Indy movie not to have parts filmed at Pinewood Studio's here in England :(

Where had it been filmed then ?

Did you see it ? Is it worth-watching ? :)

silver_wolf
25-05-08, 22:28
I liked it. Be prepared for a bit of a different Indy movie, but if you want a fun Indiana Jones movie then you should see it.

raiderfun
25-05-08, 22:32
I'll probably go and watch it, hopefully I have free time. Is it a bit TR-like ? :)

Rivendell
25-05-08, 22:35
That's why I thought to have used the ark more, just as an example, would have at least kept the plot on more of an ancient rather than modern theme. But that's just my personal taste, that's all. :D

That's one of the great things though, it takes what people consider to be the cliche 'modern sci-fi' theme of aliens/ufo and turns it on its head, making them the most ancient of all. That's why it's still not a sci-fi film, it's a good old action adventure and hunt for a truly ancient artifact.

Agent 47
25-05-08, 22:39
Where had it been filmed then ?

Did you see it ? Is it worth-watching ? :)

not sure where exactly it was filmed for locations

yes it's worth watching :D

Veronica Ma
25-05-08, 22:46
That's one of the great things though, it takes what people consider to be the cliche 'modern sci-fi' theme of aliens/ufo and turns it on its head, making them the most ancient of all. That's why it's still not a sci-fi film, it's a good old action adventure and hunt for a truly ancient artifact.

:DNow that you mention it, I'm SO reminded of Stargate SG1, the Azgar and the Ancients. :D And don't get me wrong, I'm such a Sci-fi fan but I guess my mindset with the Indy movies has never mixed the two before. :D

raiderfun
25-05-08, 22:48
Okay, thank you all for the replies :wve:

jamieoliver22
25-05-08, 23:29
Me and Laura are going to go watch it on Wednesday :D

Encore
25-05-08, 23:39

The ark of the convenant???? :confused: It would be silly to use the same artifact from the first movie... And it has nothing to do with the storyline anyways...

Like Rivendell said I thought it never became a "modern theme" really because for one, the inside of the spaceship looks nothing like sci-fi, but a temple; and besides, there were always legends of "space visitors" helping build our ancient civilizations, the nazca lines being made for aliens, it's all got more to do with archaelogical myths than science fiction, and it sure doesn't feel like a futuristic movie or X-Files! Most of the movie's development parts, Indy's going through ancient ruins..

Anyways, because this movie is set in the Cold War (a great historical period in terms of possibilities for movies :D:D:D) - the emphasis needs to be done a little more on the subject of technology. I thought that was great :tmb:

Veronica Ma
25-05-08, 23:46
The ark of the convenant???? :confused: It would be silly to use the same artifact from the first movie... And it has nothing to do with the storyline anyways...
Yeah, why not? :vlol: I loved the Ark from the first movie. I thought it was the coolest artifact of all and it's purpose could have been expanded MUCH more, imho. And since I wasn't such a fan of the plot anyways, changing it was what I had in mind. :D But I only used the ark as an example of using something more ancient than what they ended up using. :)

Encore
26-05-08, 00:06
Well I prefer they moved on from the western myths, we had the Ark and the Graal, so Indy going to South America now was refreshing :)

Veronica Ma
26-05-08, 00:25
Well I prefer they moved on from the western myths, we had the Ark and the Graal, so Indy going to South America now was refreshing :)
I suppose it is refreshing. :) I've been personally kind of saturated with the whole Mayan (Incan?) (forgive me, I'm not an archaeological historian) theme and I still love all things Egyptian, so I wouldn't have minded a bit more of that.. with some more intellectual intrigue thrown in for good measure. But I still think that just throwing the ark in this movie just for the nostalgic kick was a rather silly move on their part if they weren't really going to use in further in the story. :)

cammy.
28-05-08, 13:59
So wowwwww I just saw it and I don't know what to think...I liked all of it but then the ending was like what the hell...imo. Lol but it was good the rest of it I had nothing against Harrison stepping back into Indy's shoes I still loved it. I loved Shia in it! It's weird when I first saw him in other movies I hated him and then slowly Ive come to like him...like in Transformers I liked him and now in Indy 4 I loved him. :p

Dark Lugia 2
28-05-08, 14:28
It was cool ^_^ the plot had me thinking wtf though :p

Benguitar
28-05-08, 15:33
Saw it Yesterday, and WOW that was a great movie.

krycekuva
28-05-08, 15:37
I suppose it is refreshing. :) I've been personally kind of saturated with the whole Mayan (Incan?) (forgive me, I'm not an archaeological historian) theme and I still love all things Egyptian, so I wouldn't have minded a bit more of that.. with some more intellectual intrigue thrown in for good measure. But I still think that just throwing the ark in this movie just for the nostalgic kick was a rather silly move on their part if they weren't really going to use in further in the story. :)

more of egypt?.. god,.. if i get more of it ill hang my self... not only 2 indy movies, but many,.. many mummies movies plus scorpion kings,.. all of it in egypt,... i know the mayan one was a bit use too, (never as much as the egypt ones) maybe next time we can see something not that ancient, on a more modern place,.. like medieval castles or so...

JinSlayer
28-05-08, 16:18
I just saw this now. Pretty good movie, but the previous 3 were better imo

Tyrannosaurus
28-05-08, 16:23
If Lara visits Egypt again, I'd like for Karl Sanders to provide the soundtrack.

jamieoliver22
28-05-08, 17:13
Watched it today, and wow it was better than I expected it to be. I loved it, it was a great film :D

SamReeves
28-05-08, 20:22
Saw it last night. It was definitely old school. :jmp:

No too cool for you B.S. or loud rock music blasting during action scenes.

It was total classic Indiana Jones. There was CGI, but it didn't dominate the film. I expected Shia Labeouf to be a punk, but he was quite likable. I think he was the strongest character next to Indy. Having Karen Allen (Marion) back totally brought a legitimate tie to the Indiana Jones of old. I think my fav chase was between the KGB and Indy/son on the motorcycle around the campus. :jmp: And the ark joke at area 51 was great…along with the lost ark music. Dang it was good. Four stars from me. :D

Encore
28-05-08, 20:24
Saw it last night. It was definitely old school. :jmp:

No too cool for you B.S. or loud rock music blasting during action scenes.

It was total classic Indiana Jones.

EXACTLY! Finally someone who gets the point.

Rivendell
28-05-08, 22:05
I want to see it again now! :D

I didn't think I'd like Shia, but fair play - he won me over. Him being such a Greaser character really helped solidify the film in its time, especially that brawl in the diner!
:vlol:

I think Cate played a really interesting character. She wasn't outright evil, and she showed a very different side to a 'villain' at times. There's an occasional look of uncertainty, worry, and even saddness in her eyes. Me likey. :tmb:

Encore
28-05-08, 23:25
I didn't think I'd like Shia, but fair play - he won me over. Him being such a Greaser character really helped solidify the film in its time, especially that brawl in the diner!
:vlol:

I loved the little detail of him combing his hair when he was nervous, and his hand was shaking like hell, when they were in the cemetery tombs.. :vlol:

I think Cate played a really interesting character. She wasn't outright evil, and she showed a very different side to a 'villain' at times. There's an occasional look of uncertainty, worry, and even saddness in her eyes. Me likey. :tmb:

Very true, I loved how she was so obsessed with gaining knowledge, more than money or power in itself.

Agent 47
28-05-08, 23:33
i thought the hat scene at the end was pretty cool :D

nice one Indy :jmp:

Larapink
28-05-08, 23:36
Saw it last night. It was definitely old school.
Yay! I am happy they made it old school! :D I havn't seen it yet, so please no spoilers. :o

Lonely Istari
28-05-08, 23:55
I want to see this soooo bad! I heard from someone that it was really dissapointing though! I thought "how can this be?! Indiana Jones? Dissappointing?? No!"

I still want to see it. I will decide for myself! :D

Shark_Blade
29-05-08, 02:25
Got the

- DK Ultimate Guide (very informative and I just got to the part about Indy's timeline, parents and his childhood. I don't even know there was once existed 'Young Indiana Jones'..and comics too? Nice..So many pictures,facts and information compiled into this book, I just love flicking through the pages and reading them. )

- The Complete Making of Indiana Jones (haven't read it yet but I'm sure it'll be awesome. :D I love looking things behind the scene, and it's heavily packed with hundreds of full color images - from storyboards, concept paintings,artworks, interviews, and set design schematics to still photos from the films including crystal skull. The book is heavy mind you, I had to use double paper bag to bring it home.)

- The Trilogy DVD metal bookset (I have the old vcd collection with me but I can see that the picture quality is grainy and the frame is cut, so some scene felt weird like Willy's face only half or off the camera view unlike it's dvd counterpart.Watched Temple of Doom on dvd last night and the picture quality was amazing! It's so clear and vivid. I heard people said they've done some necessary adjustment to some of the video aswell, like Raiders of the Lost Ark scene in the snake pit,where the cobra reflection on the protection glass in front of Indy was erased to make it more realistic and believable that Indy was facing it in the flesh).

plus I got a free gift: a movie pass for another round trip to see Crystal Skull. I really wanna see it again :jmp::jmp: but too busy at the moment and don't know when yet. :D I'll just go when I get a free time in the future.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7807/3544247xus5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7807/3544247xus5.2d241937aa.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=228&i=3544247xus5.jpg)
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1306/makingnm0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1306/makingnm0.e8046b859d.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=218&i=makingnm0.jpg)

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8771/799478gv0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

silver_wolf
29-05-08, 03:03
Here's a cool shot of the star of the ending (I didn't take this picture)
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/5xnafs.jpg

Thorir
29-05-08, 03:23
It was OK... Just meh. 80 % CGI.

...Wish Shia LaBeouf had taken his shirt off..
Dramatical reasons only, of course!

Shark_Blade
29-05-08, 03:43
It was OK... Just meh. 80 % CGI.

...Wish Shia LaBeouf had taken his shirt off..
Dramatical reasons only, of course!

There you go:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1903/shialabeoufshirtless14ig9.th.jpg (http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shialabeoufshirtless14ig9.jpg)

Kate Blanchett is so hot:cln:
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5320/cateblanchett53205es1cn3.th.jpg (http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cateblanchett53205es1cn3.jpg)

Rivendell
29-05-08, 12:14
i thought the hat scene at the end was pretty cool :D

nice one Indy :jmp:

Hehe, I think the cinema let out a sigh of relief when that final bit happened.
*Picks up hat*
"Don't you dare.. don't you dare put that on!.... Phew!"

silver_wolf
29-05-08, 20:00
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/IJ___lolspoiler_by_Freakshow3.png

Rivendell
29-05-08, 21:14
^ :vlol: :vlol:

Angelus
29-05-08, 21:30
I'm going to try and track down the trilogy on DVD soon... not the crap new one, but the old one. I've got the trilogy on video, so I think it's time for an upgrade. :p

krycekuva
29-05-08, 21:42
i found it great,.. never as good as the raiders or as the last crusade,.. but better than the temple of doom....:D

Encore
29-05-08, 22:36
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/IJ___lolspoiler_by_Freakshow3.png

ahahahahaha :vlol:

paulwork
30-05-08, 18:30
I loved this movie. I sooo liked the bit with the fridge - when it comes out on DVD, I'll be playing that back over and over again.

I also think that for his age, Mr Ford is looking and doing great.

Some moviegoers didn't like the whole (couldn't do the highlight for spoilers text)- but I mean come on... In the last movie he had the Lost Ark of The Covenant with supernatural forces and all. Is it such a big leap (across a chasm)?

It's also really put me in the mood for the X files movie this July, as well as Lego Indiana Jones on PS3. I just wish they'd hurry up and announce the release date for the "normal" (non-lego) Indiana Jones on PS3 game... That's been in the pipeline since 2005!

interstellardave
30-05-08, 18:49
The fact that Indy, like ALL action heros these days, is more terminator than man bothered me more than the whole ending of the movie...

He'd have been either dead or beaten all to hell by that refrigerator ride... no to mention countless other things inflicted on him or by him in the movie that everyone just shrugs off!

Mona Sax
30-05-08, 18:54
Well, the ending was too weird for my taste - which is kind of funny since I can somewhat identify with the religious quests of the first and third movie despite my personal beliefs. I guess I'm just not a sci-fi fan, and it's about the last thing I expect - and want - to see in an adventure series that was grounded in reality and common myths until now. The old movies had their what-the-heck moments as well, but this is the first one where I simply thought, no way.

Ford is great, though, as are LaBeouf (I usually detest sidekicks, BTW) and Allen. John Hurt and Cate Blanchett deserved better parts.

Smog
30-05-08, 18:55
The fact that Indy, like ALL action heros these days, is more terminator than man bothered me more than the whole ending of the movie...

He'd have been either dead or beaten all to hell by that refrigerator ride... no to mention countless other things inflicted on him or by him in the movie that everyone just shrugs off!

That fridge was lead-lined! LEAD-LINED!!! How could it NOT survive a nuclear blast?! :D :cln:

Come on, it's Indy! You have to admit it was a good scene, even despite (or maybe because of) the lack of logic. :)

interstellardave
30-05-08, 18:57
That fridge was lead-lined! LEAD-LINED!!! How could it NOT survive a nuclear blast?! :D :cln:

Come on, it's Indy! You have to admit it was a good scene, even despite (or maybe because of) the lack of logic. :)

Oh, I loved the movie, but things like that kind of take me out of the movie a little bit... don't even get me started on the uber-terminator chick in Die Hard 4! If you saw that movie you have to know what I mean! :rolleyes:

But, yeah, this Indy movie was great, all around. And there's apparently no role that Cate Blanchett cannot play! She's awesome.

Carbonek_0051
30-05-08, 19:14
I actually really liked it alot, I mean the whole Sci-Fi Thing fits with the time *spoiler*I mean right around that time, there were rumors of America finding aliens and stuff, so it fits well enough*spoiler*

At first I was like wth?

Then I fully thought about it and I loved it...

for the Indy films my top would go something like this:

1.Temple Of Doom
2.Raiders Of The Lost Ark
3.Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
4.Last Crusade

:)

I am seeing again this weekend:p

Encore
31-05-08, 00:06
it and I loved it...

for the Indy films my top would go something like this:

1.Temple Of Doom
2.Raiders Of The Lost Ark
3.Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
4.Last Crusade

Hey, that's exactly my top too! :D

ECB
31-05-08, 06:27
I saw it tonight and I thought it sucked! It didn't feel like any of the Indy movies at all...

I was really disappointed.

Ada the Mental
01-06-08, 08:58
Saw the movie yesterday. I liked it, it was good, but I the alien-related plot felt too un-Indy to me. It didn't really bother me, but it failed to catch my interest. It's a pity 'cause the legend of El Dorado is interesting.

I loved Indy himself, and even though I was expecting Shia LaBeouf to be extremely annoying but I ended up actually liking his character. And Mutt did more than being just a sidekick. He sure did kick some ass.
I guess I wouldn't really mind a Mutt Williams spin-off, after all (though I still wish they won't go there)...He needs a trademark hat, though.Like the one he wore at the beginning of the movie. Oh, and the bike and knife of course.

Cate Blanchett also ruled, but she totally needed more screentime. Marion was great, again. Ox was hilarious, I loved him.

The scene with fridge was a complete WTF!!11!! moment. Come one! So was the scene with Tarzan!Mutt. I thought the last sequence in the temple looked horribly CGI. Especially the water.

And finally... Ark of the Covenant cameo FTW! Loved that. In fact, at first I was convinced this what the whole scene was about and Indy was just trying to screw them over...I guess this was the whole point.

touchthesky
12-06-08, 13:45
The angry video game nerd reviewed it :)

No swearing in the video.

ER-CyEBjIxA

Marcus T
15-06-08, 00:04
The angry video game nerd reviewed it :)

:vlol: that's quite a definition :p Anyways, might be fair to point out the review does contain some spoilers, for those of you who haven't seen the film :)