PDA

View Full Version : Scary Movies

Bellacima
19-05-08, 17:19
What is your most scary movie you have ever watched in your life???

Naomichi
19-05-08, 17:37
I think I found Audition the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.

Vertigo
19-05-08, 17:51
Shutter (Thai one)
Ju-On 2 (Japanese one)

Attention!! Guys, has anybody seen Asian horror Cut (I think that`s the name) about surgery students, a girl corpse and scary coroner stuff? I saw only three parts on youtube and want more.

Ah, no, it`s not Cut, I don`t remember the name XD

Shrantellatessa
19-05-08, 17:56
I think ther have already been a similar thread here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=124044) and there (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=122566), but I dunno if you can "resurrect" them or not ;)

And to answer your qs: The Grudge I and II.

digitizedboy
19-05-08, 18:59
Hard to say, nothing really shocks me anymore.

But I have to say this, when "The Thing" came out when I was a 8 year old kid. I couldn't go to bed for weeks. lol

McGloomy
19-05-08, 19:01
"The Ring" when it came out. Nowadays it's not so easy to frighten me. "The Grudge 2" was amusing in my opinion, the original movies are way creepier. :D

digitizedboy
19-05-08, 19:05
I think I found Audition the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.

Oh yeah, lol.. when she's cutting that guys feet off with a cheese wire. geez.

Rexie
19-05-08, 19:06
The Creep and House of Wax.

Naomichi
19-05-08, 19:07
Hard to say, nothing really shocks me anymore.

But I have to say this, when "The Thing" came out when I was a 8 year old kid. I couldn't go to bed for weeks. lol

On a similar note to that two movies terrified me as a kid, the Blob and Clash of the Titans, the latter of which had me cowering behind a blanket.

digitizedboy
19-05-08, 19:09
On a similar note to that two movies terrified me as a kid, the Blob and Clash of the Titans, the latter of which had me cowering behind a blanket.

you're right, "Clash of the Titans" was terrifying, even though it was a family film. That scene with the Medusa gives me shivers. lol

krycekuva
19-05-08, 19:41
the exorsist stills have its place on my heart,.. oder than that no other movie,... non of the halloween, or friday 13th or childsplay did scared me back then,.. i use to get mad at the actors for being dumb and not attacking back,.. i got really happy after seen scream... finally someone who could fight back... even scratched sidney always did hit the mask...:D...

Paperdoll
19-05-08, 19:45
Shutter (Thai one)
Ju-On 2 (Japanese one)

Attention!! Guys, has anybody seen Asian horror Cut (I think that`s the name) about surgery students, a girl corpse and scary coroner stuff? I saw only three parts on youtube and want more.

Agree with those two although I was more scared with Ju-On :X and that other movie sounds good... do you still have the links to youtube?

Vertigo
19-05-08, 19:52
Agree with those two although I was more scared with Ju-On :X and that other movie sounds good... do you still have the links to youtube?

Unfortunetely can`t find em!! The cut is another horror but THIS one was called The Cut for unknown reason and it`s deleted :S I`m looking for it right now and can`t find. I saw 15 minutes of it and it was wow! All I remember is: 5 (?) medical students learn how to cut corpses (they are the future pathologists I presume) and they cut the girl`s corpse with tattoo on her left boob (I think the story is about this girl) at the beginning and then they having nightmares where this girl is trying to kill em. That`s all, I wanna see the rest so bad!!

Nemo_91
19-05-08, 19:53
The Blair Witch Project :p

Xico15
19-05-08, 19:53
[REC]
I found it a bit scary in some scenes:yik:

touchthesky
19-05-08, 21:13
Nowadays I rarely get "scared." more grossed out.

But when I was younger the "blind Michael knife" scene in Halloween 2 scared me. It still gives me chills.

As did Candyman.

Obscure
19-05-08, 21:20
The Ring - Although it's not scary at all anymore (I first watched I was about 10/11)

The Blair Witch Project - The ending is so tense I was literally clawing at the sofa like a cat.

The Orphanage - Creepy as hell and the atmosphere makes you tense all the way through the film.

iamlaracroft
19-05-08, 21:35
"scary" movies never made me scared, they just make me laugh for some reason-- i dunno, it's like trying to tickle yourself-- you know where it's happening, when it's gonna happen. I guess scary movies are too predictable, even when they aren't.

...but the scariest movie EVER to me is Cloverfield. It struck a nerve with me esp with the POV camera: I got so into it I got nauseated.
The concept is just awesome, and Clover is just so damn scary sounding/looking, especially since it's just a baby. I don't want to see its mom or dad!!

Even though it totally made me sad and bummed me out, the fact that it didn't have a "happy ending" where everyone lived and all the loose ends are tied up or explained made it such a bittersweet experience. I just love love love cloverfield...I want more!

patriots88888
19-05-08, 23:04
Childs Play. "Hi. I'm Chucky. Wanna play?" Hahaha. Histerically scary. :p

matrix54
19-05-08, 23:06
"IT"

that movie tramatized me...:( tot he day I hate clown ( i did before the movie, but the movie made it worse...)

Agent 47
19-05-08, 23:28
Shutter (Thai one)
Ju-On 2 (Japanese one)

describe the basic plot, i think i have that movie, my Asian movie collection is huge :D

i see you already did on page 2, i DO have that movie under the title Cut aka Anatomy Class.........damn good movie

Vertigo
19-05-08, 23:32
describe the basic plot, i think i have that movie, my Asian movie collection is huge :D

Yes, Paperdoll find out it and it is really The Cut;)

Agent 47
19-05-08, 23:33
Yes, Paperdoll find out it and it is really The Cut;)

as i edited my post above ;) damn good movie, i have it :D

Vertigo
19-05-08, 23:38
as i edited my post above ;) damn good movie, i have it :D

Where did you buy it? Amazon has not this goodie:(

Agent 47
19-05-08, 23:42
Where did you buy it? Amazon has not this goodie:(

i didn't, i found it on some Vietnam site i have bookmarked on the PC, some movies are hard to come by,so when needs must i turn to the internet :D

you could try yesasia.com (i import from them, very good company)

Jo269976
20-05-08, 00:02
A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) - First viewed it when I was about 3 years old...been my favourite movie ever since :cln:

Agent 47
20-05-08, 00:03
A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) - First viewed it when I was about 3 years old...been my favourite movie ever since :cln:

classic movie a product of it's time...shame it's to be remade :mad:

Jo269976
20-05-08, 00:10
classic movie a product of it's time...shame it's to be remade :mad:

I know :mad:

And what's worse it's without Englund :cen:

Agent 47
20-05-08, 00:13
I know :mad:

And what's worse it's without Englund :cen:

i feel your pain, but he admits he's too old for the action scenes now, but if asked he wouldn't turn down another part in the remake

Jo269976
20-05-08, 00:17
i feel your pain, but he admits he's too old for the action scenes now, but if asked he wouldn't turn down another part in the remake

That's excatly my point he says that he's getting old now but "the glove still fits".

I can't wait to see who they choose to play the role :rolleyes:

Mr.Burns
20-05-08, 00:24
The Wiz.

Oh wait, we're talking about movies that are supposed to scare us? Oh well in that case, I'd probably go with Event Horizon. A bit cheesy but it still creeps me out.

Agent 47
20-05-08, 00:25
That's excatly my point he says that he's getting old now but "the glove still fits".

I can't wait to see who they choose to play the role :rolleyes:

script isn't written yet but it was rumoured and subsiquently refuted tat Micheal Rosenbaum from Smallville (Lex Luthor) was approached, that was denied as i said

either way fans know who the real Freddy is and that whoever they cast is merely an imposter (the same way i'll view the 2009 recast Star Trek movie) :(

oocladableeblah
20-05-08, 00:25
Probably the ring or saw. I love slashers though. I really wanna see the strangers. Nightmare on elm street is being remade? Is it going to be by Rob Zombie like Halloween :D

Agent 47
20-05-08, 00:31
Probably the ring or saw. I love slashers though. I really wanna see the strangers. Nightmare on elm street is being remade? Is it going to be by Rob Zombie like Halloween :D

no..............Micheal Bay's production company (something Dunes)

Jo269976
20-05-08, 00:34
Is it going to be by Rob Zombie like Halloween :D

Dear god I hope not...

oocladableeblah
20-05-08, 00:50
lol I liked Rob Zombies Halloween, but I liked the original 10 times more. So there is in fact a remake of elm street cool. I still need to see the original it's the only one I haven't seen out of all those halloween and friday the 13ths.

ChingKong
20-05-08, 04:43
the last movie to scare me a bit was land of the dead.....

jarekhanzelka
20-05-08, 13:38
When I was a kid, local TV were showing IT by Stephen King. Those times, I loved it and I really was scared of that clown. Anyway, these days I find japanese horror creation to be the scariest for me. Also, The Descent, [REC] and few more has very tight atmosphere and truly scared me.

Azerutan
24-05-08, 23:22
No movie scares me actually. The only good classic is "The Silence of the Lambs" the rest . Saw movies are good for a few lol's :D People here should start to watch videoclips for black metal bands - YEAH \m/

tombraider123
24-05-08, 23:31
The Decent, The Grudge and The Ring all scared the **** out of me.

Azerutan
24-05-08, 23:35
I actually thought The Ring quite funny :D The grudge good make up, but the story was a huge LOL Never watch The Decent...:)

Legend of Lara
24-05-08, 23:58
Hmmmm...
The Wild, with its awful slapstick and 'acting' was bloody horrifying!

Seriously, however...

Uzumaki
Oh, dear god... I'm now afraid of spirals. -_-

Ringu
Do I need to say why? :p