PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG nightmares!!

ClrMap
19-05-08, 19:27
AAAAck!

I've been having horrible horrible horrible nightmares! Sometimes my professors are in them and they are really mean to me for no reason! But the latest one was the scariest!

In my dream I was sleeping in my bed. But I heard someone come into the kitchen and start going through the cabinets in my kitchen while muttering under their breath. I couldn't understand what he was saying but I knew he was talking about me, and sort of TO me.
Then I shut my eyes and peaked through my lashes as the hallway door opened and then he went into my bathroom and started rummaging through my medicine cabinet! And he said something, the only thing I could remember was, "I was seventeen and in highschool, strapped on my backpack, and it was all for you," but he was saying it so low and bitter.
And then he came into the bedroom and I was still peaking through my eyelashes. And he started pacing in front of my bed. I was trying to make out who he was, but it was just a black shadow, pacing. I was paralyzed with fear and couldn't scream or anything.
Then he came around to the head of my bed and I was trying to scream when all of sudden I woke up!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! WHAT DOES THIS DREAM MEAN!!?!

touchthesky
19-05-08, 19:28
Sometimes consistent nightmares can signify depression.

digitizedboy
19-05-08, 19:32
^ damn right.

Christi
19-05-08, 19:33
He's anything but depressed, you have to find out who said that line...I'm thinking he meant he went to highschool because "you" told him to and maybe...he...died?...and he blames "you". But maybe that "you" isn't you...it's someone else:o

ClrMap
19-05-08, 19:33
((((((((popping Prozac))))))))))

Christi
19-05-08, 19:34
DONT KILL YOURSELF!(I mean't don't take to many;))

ClrMap
19-05-08, 19:34
He's anything but depressed, you have to find out who said that line...I'm thinking he meant he went to highschool because "you" told him to and maybe...he...died?...and he blames "you". But maybe that "you" isn't you...it's someone else:o

I'm a girl. And I don't know anyone from highschool that has died. That is what has bothered me so much.

remote91
19-05-08, 19:35
Wait for Greenkey, she is good with the dream thing.

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-05-08, 19:35
Wow, that is freaky! :eek:

I get scary dreams from time to time. Unfortunately, I've gotten a lot of them recently. The night before last I woke up because i could have sworn I heard an aggressive, "AHHH!" being yelled at me. It woke me up, I called my boyfriend and told him I was scared, and he said, "It's ok, you just dreamed it.", but at the time, it really didn't feel like I dreamed it.

Also had another crazy dream. I was lost and couldn't find my way home, so I stopped at a walmart/ hotel (yeah, didn't know they had those :p). I couldn't get into the walmart, so I went into the hotel and it seemed empty, just a bunch of doors. I was freaked out, so I started running down a hallway when suddenly one of teh doors opened and a very old, feeble man, with bandages around his waist, walked out toward me. I stopped and he said, "I'm going to kill you." I replied, "How can you kill me? You're just an old man." Then he said, "I can kill you with this." and he pulled out a knife. I told him, "If you try to kill me with that knife I'll take it from you and kill you with it." He ignored my warning and raised his arm to stab me. I pretty much did what I said I would. Grabbed the knife, and stuck it in his throat. It was brutal.

Scared the crap out of me when I woke up.

Christi
19-05-08, 19:36
Sorry for calling you a guy:o I didn't know:(...Lol...I'll summon Her...that voice Impersonating Greenkey

da tomb raider!
19-05-08, 19:37
Nightmares are meaningless in my experience. I wouldn't worry about them. However, if they're stopping you from getting any sleep, you should go see a doctor or something.

ClrMap
19-05-08, 19:38
s'okay Christi

ShadyCroft
19-05-08, 19:44
I get scary dreams from time to time. Unfortunately, I've gotten a lot of them recently. The night before last I woke up because i could have sworn I heard an aggressive, "AHHH!" being yelled at me. It woke me up, I called my boyfriend and told him I was scared, and he said, "It's ok, you just dreamed it.", but at the time, it really didn't feel like I dreamed it.

Also had another crazy dream. I was lost and couldn't find my way home, so I stopped at a walmart/ hotel (yeah, didn't know they had those ). I couldn't get into the walmart, so I went into the hotel and it seemed empty, just a bunch of doors. I was freaked out, so I started running down a hallway when suddenly one of teh doors opened and a very old, feeble man, with bandages around his waist, walked out toward me. I stopped and he said, "I'm going to kill you." I replied, "How can you kill me? You're just an old man." Then he said, "I can kill you with this." and he pulled out a knife. I told him, "If you try to kill me with that knife I'll take it from you and kill you with it." He ignored my warning and raised his arm to stab me. I pretty much did what I said I would. Grabbed the knife, and stuck it in his throat. It was brutal.

You think that's scary ?! Have you ever dreamed that you died ?! I did! I was on a school trip and we were going home when we had an accident. Another dream I had afew nights ago, I was in a labyrinth, and a voice told me that to find the way out I have to ask my family or friends for the way out. I didnt know what to do and I couldnt get out.

I think dreams are the effect of an uneasy mind. If you have something on your mind, worried or something, or maybe had a bad and tiring day, you may have an uneasy sleep. Eventhough there are thousands upon thousands of books for explaining dreams, I dont belive in it.

So,just relax, you're fine.

Paperdoll
19-05-08, 19:46
I don't give much thought to nightmares, I usually shrug em off and go to sleep.

I remember once dreaming I had a ghost in a closet popping up from time to time and that here were flashes of the rooms covered in blood and body parts... when I woke up, I just turned the other way and fell asleep instantly XD

Drone
19-05-08, 19:46
I didn't dream anything whithin maybe 15 years now

ClrMap
19-05-08, 19:52
... that's weird.

Nannonxyay
19-05-08, 19:53
I've had nightmares in the past. I once had a dream where I was walking down this dark street which was only lit by one street lamp and I heard a woman hiss at me under her breath. I turned around and didn't see anything so I just shrugged it off and continued walking, then I felt something hit my back and a loud shot of a gun. I fell to the floor and this woman ran up to me and shot me in the sides with a pistol, I was cowering, trying to protect my face and then she pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the leg. She was screaming at me, and I was crying in agony. I remember her saying something like: "What did I tell you about ****ing with me?! That's what you get when you **** with me!" Then I woke up. It was extremely frightening.

da tomb raider!
19-05-08, 19:55

Everyone dreams. You just don't remember them. ;)

Drone
19-05-08, 19:57
Everyone dreams. You just don't remember them. ;)

*shrugs* maybe you're right :)

ben_the_joka
19-05-08, 20:07
It's just a nightmare... you'll get over it! :)

James_Rutland
19-05-08, 20:15
Wow, that is freaky! :eek:

Also had another crazy dream. I was lost and couldn't find my way home, so I stopped at a walmart/ hotel (yeah, didn't know they had those :p). I couldn't get into the walmart, so I went into the hotel and it seemed empty, just a bunch of doors. I was freaked out, so I started running down a hallway when suddenly one of teh doors opened and a very old, feeble man, with bandages around his waist, walked out toward me. I stopped and he said, "I'm going to kill you." I replied, "How can you kill me? You're just an old man." Then he said, "I can kill you with this." and he pulled out a knife. I told him, "If you try to kill me with that knife I'll take it from you and kill you with it." He ignored my warning and raised his arm to stab me. I pretty much did what I said I would. Grabbed the knife, and stuck it in his throat. It was brutal.

Scared the crap out of me when I woke up.

ROFL! Awesome. :p Very nice.

Chocolate
19-05-08, 20:31
Some would say it's just a normal teenage thing. :/ I had a dream once that my headteacher brainwashed half the kids in our school, and the whole school began to murder each other and blood started going everywhere! So I ran into a couple of sane friends whilst running away but we ended up locking ourselves in a room, and we tried to jump out through the window but we were on the top floor. o.o Then we got caught and crap happened...

In my case, it's just merely a dream, or perhaps my dark instincts trying to escape. :mis: But seriously, sometimes disturbing dreams that have nothing relevant to your everyday life can be just dreams, and perhaps nothing more. Some dream dictionaries can usually symbolize items you see in dreams, and if it's the case of seeing murder then it doesn't necessarily mean you're a psycho at heart - perhaps it's just something else you don't notice.

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-05-08, 20:41
ROFL! Awesome. :p Very nice.

:p :vlol:

Obscure
19-05-08, 21:07
I remember years ago I had a nightmare and I dreamt that I'd woken up and told my mum about it. The next morning she had no idea what I was talking about going into her room etc and so I dreamt that I'd woken up and went into her room to tell her about the nightmare.

remote91
19-05-08, 21:19
Eugh I remember one graphic nightmare about being stuck in a school/shopping centre with a load of survivors of a zombie outbrake and the doors and walls were completely made of glass. When they got in I ran to the second floor and climbed through a window and me and my friend got dragged back through the window over shards of broken glass by his zombie sister..

Nightmares are weird..

Lara Croft Fan Joe
19-05-08, 21:22
Nightmares usually end in screaming, for me anyways. Havent had one in ages though, so I guess thats a good sign. My nightmares are usually rather strage though - eg. Getting mugged by Leona Lewis or being attacked by that 'scream' portrait.

remote91
19-05-08, 21:23
eg. Getting mugged by Leona Lewis.
Lmao!

MrBear
19-05-08, 21:26
Nightmares are weird..

Darn right! :D I remember dreaming of a visit to my neighbour's, then it was night and suddenly I was chased by velociraptors! It was terrifying, and guess what happens? My legs are running like crazy but I move approximately an inch per minute.... Arrgh! So stressful :p

That's a while ago, however.. I don't recall having a nightmare in a VERY long time :eek: I kinda miss them...

ClrMap: I don't know if that dream means anything, they're usually just a lot of strange things in your subconsciousness put together arbitrarily - unless they repeat themselves you don't have to make too much out of it :)

Tina Croft
19-05-08, 21:35
i've never screamed when i woke up after a nightmare. sometimes i speak while i'm sleeping. my mother, who was sleeping with me in the same room at that time, said, that i said bad words and something like: go away, leave me alone...

at the age of 12 i often dreamed, that some strange guys shot me in the stomach and i fell down.

does anyone know what that means? :confused:

I kinda miss them...

me too strange to say :D they give you a weird feeling and get you thinking.

Drone
19-05-08, 21:38
at the age of 12 i often dreamed, that some strange guys shot me in the stomach and i fell down

dont' try to find any explanation. Just a dream, bad dream

Geck-o-Lizard
19-05-08, 21:39
Melonie, I never knew you were so hardcore. :mis: You know dreams tell you a lot about who you really are, don't you? :whi:

I have a lot of dreams that other people would consider nightmares... but I really love them. As far as I can remember, I've only had one dream that actually scared me. :confused:

I remember at least two dreams that I died in and I almost drowned in another. I've had three zombie apocalypse dreams and several other general non-zombie apocalypse dreams, most involving radiation, deserts and impending doom. I get a lot of chase dreams too, where someone/something malicious is trying to catch or kill me.

The dream that scared me began in a large castle, full of bizarre things (example, the walls were all lined with gym vault boxes, and little Japanese plushie monsters were peeking out the handholds). The castle belonged to someone, I don't remember who, but they invited me out into the garden. The stars in the sky made a picture of the sun and moon like this (http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6928/393sunmoonstars4x572kz4.jpg), and there were wide gravel paths and a knee-height hedge maze, a little like Lara's front garden/driveway in TR3. It was all fine, nothing alarming at all. Then we returned to the castle via the large, expensive kitchen, but before we could get any further, the castle owner's dog bounded in - a massive, hairless mongrel - and leapt at its owner, pinning her, sobbing and terrified, against the back wall of the kitchen. Then it fell backwards and started spasming and twitching violently on the floor, foaming at the mouth, eyes rolled back into its head, its legs bent awkwardly. Then I woke up and couldn't stop seeing it for days. >_>

remote91
19-05-08, 21:45
Then I woke up and couldn't stop seeing it for days. >_>
I hate it when that happens. I had the worse dream once that I can't believe I didnt mention, but something happened at my Granparents house that killed my grandad, and in order for him to come back to life my grandma had to do something that would lead to some kind of destruction on the rest of the world and it ended with me killing her with a crowbar..weird.

It was disturbing, I must of been around 14 at the time. Needless to say I felt terrible for a few days afterwards. Even though it was just a dream it was very vivid.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-05-08, 21:48
You hadn't just watched Evil Dead, by any chance, had you? :p

remote91
19-05-08, 21:49
You hadn't just watched Evil Dead, by any chance, had you? :p
Oddly enough I havent seen it! I do know about the scene involving a rapist tree.

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-05-08, 21:56
Melonie, I never knew you were so hardcore. :mis: You know dreams tell you a lot about who you really are, don't you? :whi:

Very interesting. :pi: :mis:

Yeah, that hairless dog woulda scared me too. But then again, probably about half my dreams scare me. Well, maybe not that much, but it happens a lot more than I'd like. :p

Reminds me of a dream I had a couple weeks ago about a bull trampling someone. It was very graphic, the guy was so dismembered. I was scared in my dream, but my mom was cheering the bull on. :vlol:

Twilight
19-05-08, 22:02
wow that sucks. it might be all symbolic for...something. a problem your not confronting perhaps?

i remember when i was 3 or 4. my sis showed me a scary pic (the penguin guy from a Batman movie). i was terrified of him. so then in my dream, instead of the usual pic of my grandmother high up on the wall, it was that scary picture. i couldnt look up, i kept my head down. my dad and relatives where there all around the TV, i tried to tell him it was scary. but he said theres nothing scary about it. then i woke up. i think i was crying when i woke up. i dont know. it doesnt scare me anymore tho xD

yea. i cant think of any more terrifying..wait, yes i remember. it was scary. my mom was favoring me over my sis in the dream, she was treating her so mean; she even started twisting her neck. freaky.
even more, in another dream, my sis was choking me.
But these were extreme views on the situation when i was younger. me and my sis fought, my sis and mom didnt get along. thats gone now, we've all outgrown it.

i guess i cant help but have such an optimistic view on...everything...:)

Mad Tony
19-05-08, 22:07
I get a lot of weird dreams, but every once in a while (and this is pretty rare), I'll get a dream that for some reason will absolutely scare the life out of me.

The last one of those I had a was a few months back. I don't quite remember all of it, but me and a few friends were in a school gymnasium and throughout the dream it gradually got darker and grittier and there was this guy that was going insane, and I mean going totally skits. Doesn't seem that scary, but for some reason it really frightened me. Must've been something else in the dream that I don't remember. =/

Encore
19-05-08, 22:40
You think that's scary ?! Have you ever dreamed that you died ?! I did!

I dreamt that I was dying 3 times in my life and I was never able to forget each one of them because they were, by far, the most overwhelming dreams I ever had.

During all three I was just lying in my bed. I can't really explain, but they felt so real. I could feel "something" leaving my body and feeling it progressively drained of strength, but I was conscious (well, conscious in the dream) all the time and I could tell myself: "I'm going to die". I felt really cold when I woke up after these dreams.