PDA

View Full Version : Kings Island's Tomb Raider:The Ride

TombRaider72
19-05-08, 20:10
I was just at Kings Island and since Cedar Point bought it, they changed the name!! Now its not Tomb Raider: The Ride, it's called The Crypt! Ugh! It's not as fun now. They used to show a clip from the Tomb Raider movie right before you entered the ride and now it's some stupid made-up clip. Just thought I'd let you all know that.

Mytly
19-05-08, 20:14
This thread shouldn't be in this section - but I can't figure out where to move it to. Is this regarding the TR movies? :confused:

lisa_croft
19-05-08, 21:33
it is regarding the ride they have in a theme park, which i have been on and it totally makes lara look crap, eugh

Mytly
19-05-08, 21:37
Then I guess it goes in General Chat.

tlr online
19-05-08, 21:38
I was just at Kings Island and since Cedar Point bought it, they changed the name!! Now its not Tomb Raider: The Ride, it's called The Crypt! Ugh! It's not as fun now. They used to show a clip from the Tomb Raider movie right before you entered the ride and now it's some stupid made-up clip. Just thought I'd let you all know that.

Wow. Better update the magazine then. :(

tlr online
19-05-08, 21:38
^ b/w Remember the film Big? Tom Hanks swapping places after playing with a mystic fortune machine. Wasn't that at Cedar Point?

Gabi
19-05-08, 22:12
Justin, please make use of the "edit" option, rather than double posting.
Thank you.

tlr online
19-05-08, 22:17
Thank you.

So sorry.

kthxbye.

Larapink
19-05-08, 22:18
Thank you.
:vlol::vlol::vlol:

Has anyone been on that TR ride?

AmericanAssassin
19-05-08, 23:44
I live just a couple of hours away from King's Island, so I witnessed this as well. It's perhaps the worst name they could have given it. Tomb Raider sounds so powerful, but The Crypt makes it sound like a haunted kids ride. :rolleyes:

Tihocan9
19-05-08, 23:48
I know, I was just there as well, I live about an hour away from KI, and because they aren't owned by Paramount anymore they can't show anything of the movies, including the Tomb Raider Movies so they had to change it, ya I ranted right by it I was like this: "THE CRYPT!!! They Change the name and change it to the CRYPT!!!!!!! How 'bout some ORIGINALITY PEOPLE!!!"

Ya thats what it was like Friday at KI, evil Cedar Mills :mad:

But yes I rode it and it is quite fun, you sit in rows of seats and they go up and around and they spin you in front of a big statue and fake ice and lava. Sort of like the Top Spin rides from Roller Coaster Tycoon

Real Life Raider
20-05-08, 00:24
There used to be a Tomb Raider ride at Gullivers World in Warrington UK. I wonder if that's still going......

Real Life Raider
20-05-08, 00:28
Just checked, it's still there.

Number 58 on the list.

http://www.gulliversfun.co.uk/gullivers.php?parkname=Warrington&pagename=Adventure_World#

(Sorry about the double post but if the boss can do it, so can I, he he!)

TombRaider#1fan
20-05-08, 00:29
There is one at Canada's Wonderland, but now it's called Time Warp, I think :( I went on it though and I loved it! You have to lye down on your stomach and do a bunch of flips, but otherwise it's like any rollercoaster. Basically all of the rides have been renamed at Wonderland... There used to be a tent with Lara's equipment or something in front of the actual ride, but they took that away apparently.

Real Life Raider
20-05-08, 00:37
There used to be a tent with Lara's equipment or something in front of the actual ride, but they took that away apparently.

Perhaps a TombRaider#1fan type person raided the TombRaider raiding equipment :whi: :D

Paperdoll
20-05-08, 00:42
So sorry.

kthxbye.

Copying me eh? :ton:

TombRaider#1fan
20-05-08, 00:57
Perhaps a TombRaider#1fan type person raided the TombRaider raiding equipment :whi: :D

:whi: :p Nah, I couldn't get near it. But at least they didn't change the actual ride itself. I was always afraid to go on it plus there were huge lineups. It was a blast and I'm going again the first chance I get. :D I rememeber there was a tent with a computer and Lara's guns, and I think her jacket? It was pretty cool.

Real Life Raider
20-05-08, 01:02
It was pretty cool.

Better than the Warrington ride then. In that one you ride a car thing through some not-at-all-spooky tombs and shoot IR beams at random targets.

For little people really methinks. :)

:BitterSweet:
20-05-08, 02:37
There is one at Canada's Wonderland, but now it's called Time Warp, I think :( I went on it though and I loved it! You have to lye down on your stomach and do a bunch of flips, but otherwise it's like any rollercoaster. Basically all of the rides have been renamed at Wonderland... There used to be a tent with Lara's equipment or something in front of the actual ride, but they took that away apparently.

Sadly yes, they have changed a lot of names... But I don't give a... I'll still call Tomb Raider (Time Warp) Tomb Raider... :ton: