PDA

View Full Version : The Musicians thread

JinSlayer
19-05-08, 22:09
This topic is dedicated to all musicians here... What instrument do you play, what equipment do you use and what music do you like playing? Post it up Here!

I'll start. I play electric guitar and I'm in a band with 4 friends. We're not serious we just play for fun, usually do covers of rock/metal anthems and we write some of our own stuff. My fav guitar is a fender stratocaster (red/white) and we usually play at my friend's garage or sometimes this little place near a college

What about you guys?

remote91
19-05-08, 22:10
Hmm, I wish I could play the piano but instead my voice is my instrument. A very bad, out of tune one.

Real Life Raider
19-05-08, 23:50
Music is the most wonderful thing in the world.

I don't play instruments much now (I did play guitar & keyboards)

Here's a track I've posted on TRF before and received good reviews.

http://media.putfile.com/FlashDrive

Rachel Croft
20-05-08, 00:49
This topic is dedicated to all musicians here... What instrument do you play, what equipment do you use and what music do you like playing? Post it up Here!

I'll start. I play electric guitar and I'm in a band with 4 friends. We're not serious we just play for fun, usually do covers of rock/metal anthems and we write some of our own stuff. My fav guitar is a fender stratocaster (red/white) and we usually play at my friend's garage or sometimes this little place near a college

What about you guys?

acoustic/electric guitar. I play all the music of my level.

Wayne_Scales
20-05-08, 00:50

What about you guys?[/QUOTE]

Cool,i also play the electric guitar and i like metal.I have jackson.:)

rowanlim
20-05-08, 11:05
I'm now the principal of my uni orchestra, we are very young so we don't have a very well-developed structure yet ;)

I play the violin, piano, abit of the tin whistle, guitar & viola. I'm going to brush up on my violin during this holidays :D

My voice is worthless, sad to say :o

I love performing & sometimes I wish I took up music seriously & make it a career :rolleyes: :wve:

JinSlayer
20-05-08, 15:07
Cool,i also play the electric guitar and i like metal.I have jackson.:)

That's good. R u in a band or do u just practice at home?

Wayne_Scales
20-05-08, 16:27
That's good. R u in a band or do u just practice at home?

I just practise at home:D

Spikey
20-05-08, 16:45
I'm Head Flutist in my college orchestra, though we haven't done any concerts for a few months...

Laurencarter
20-05-08, 17:59
I've started teaching myself the piano a few months ago and it's not going as fast as I would like it to 'cause I usually don't have more than 30 minutes a day to spend behind the piano so I would rather say that I jam the piano rather than playing it.

Anyone on here that has teached yourself to play the piano?

jjbennett
20-05-08, 18:15
Guitar player for 4 years - into blues and classic rock.

I have 4 guitars, 2 electrics an acoustic and my classical (which is what i learn on - studying grade 8 at the mo)

amiro1989
20-05-08, 18:16
I sing, I'm currently learning guitar, piano, and some other instruments two...:o

xMyrax
20-05-08, 18:25
I've said this before and I say it again; my most favorite and most played instrument in the world is...the radio <3 xD

Anyone on here that has teached yourself to play the piano?

I learn over Youtube :P My progress is slow as well but y'know...Studies in the way and everything. But I'm getting some decent free time soon so I get to spend more time learning. Then again it can get pretty frustrating when you can't get it right, piano needs heaps of patience xD

Fish.
20-05-08, 19:32
I play electric guitar, and the best thing I can play is the intro to Sweet Child o' Mine by Guns 'n' Roses, sort of simple but for me a big achievement. :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-05-08, 19:39
Funny seeing this today. ^.^

I just got a call earlier from a family church camp around here asking me to lead their song services for a couple of days. I have no idea how they heard about me though. :vlol: I lead the song service at my church, but it's pretty small, so going to a camp to do so will be an upgrade for me. Get my name out better anyways. :D

A lot of people from church tell me I should join American Idol, and I laugh everytime. :vlol: Just last week a lady told me I should at least try to make a CD and see what happens, but I don't know, it's such a competitive industry, and a lot of money to get started with it. Would be fun though. :p

TR93
20-05-08, 19:48
I play electric guitar. I don't have lessons but just play in sparetime. I watch youtube videos and learns from them, it's easier for me to learn that way. I like playing guitar, sometime I sing, but I'm scared in case the window break p or something( I can't sing, I sound like a cat that had someone tand on it's tail!)
:D:D

Naomichi
20-05-08, 20:14
I play the triangle and the tambourine, and I'm damn good.

Seriously though I played piano for about 8 years, but haven't touched one in almost 4.

ramos94
04-07-08, 19:16
I play guitar,piano,tinwhistle,electricguitar,saxaphone,t riangle,tambarine and flute.It's a lot:D

talion
04-07-08, 22:08
I've been playing electric guitar for about 3-4 years, and in a band with a couple of friends. We write our own stuff, but we don't have a bass player so we can't really get serious about anything yet :)

Songs I love playing: Venice Queen by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nothing Else Matters by Metallica (just the solo :)), Slither by Velvet Revolver to name a few.

I consider the decision to start learning guitar probably the best decision I ever made in my life :)

irjudd
04-07-08, 22:54
I used to play my guitar quite a bit until I broke it while tuning it :( Although checking out some Tom Morello solos has made me want to get an electric guitar. :cln:

_cEeCsduGdo

Bowie
05-07-08, 03:45
^ Wow so many (budding) guitarists! It's good to see so much investment in music on these boards!

As for me, as some of you may know, I'm a composer (http://www.youtube.com/BowieZ):

FF_EmzMvrWA

x1PB2bEE9fk

rowanlim
05-07-08, 04:14
I play guitar,piano,tinwhistle,electricguitar,saxaphone,t riangle,tambarine and flute.It's a lot:D

You're like a band of your own :eek: :tmb: I wish I could learn more instruments, I want to learn the viola too, I've been trying but it's bigger than a violin soo...I'm still trying :whi: :D

Shark_Blade
05-07-08, 04:55
I only play the violin :D. I see many talented people in this thread :tmb:

Benguitar
05-07-08, 05:13
Guitar, I am too lazy to tell you every detail right now..

rowanlim
05-07-08, 08:57
I only play the violin :D. I see many talented people in this thread :tmb:

You play the violin too? Just like my senior hahaha :) Maybe if we meet up we can have a jamming session :tmb: :D

Nannonxyay
05-07-08, 09:32
I've always wanted to play the drums. I love drummers. :D