PDA

View Full Version : I think I have depresion...help?

n00b raider
20-05-08, 05:02
I have several reasons to think this. One: I have steadidly (sp?) been growing less and less optomistic about things. So subtle I didn't notice until about six months ago.

Two: I have lost interest in almost everything. School, what's going on at home, books, shows, games. Everything. I really don't have anything to look forward to. I bike, I swim, I check my e-mails, I watch TV, I draw, I chat, but I feel bored and out of it. I have total break-downs when I'm by myself because I'm so frustrated by this.
Sometimes I'm so frustrated that I actually get myself into trouble.

Three: I can't seem to sleep at night anymore. It takes me ten minutes of tossing and turning to get comfertable, and then I get either too hot or too cold or twitch then I have to do it all over again.

Four: I don't even know if I'm hungry or not anymore. I don't feel full when I finish a meal, but I don't have hunger cramps when I haven't eaten in a while. Somebody basically has to tell me I'm hungry before I do anything.

Five: No matter what I do, I always seem to see it as if I was just in the back-seat of things. I'm in control, but at the same time my mind feels asleep.

Six: Here's a big one. I've had fantasies about killing myself a lot. I don't cut my wrists, I'm afraid of physical pain, but I keep a knife in my room just incase. I've also thought about stepping in front of cars on highways. Also, on one of those nights when I couldn't get to sleep, the thought of putting a gun to my head was the thing that did.

I've been dropping little hints to people about this. They haven't caught on yet. If I say I'm feeling bad they ask "what's wrong" then I say "just...everything" then they say "you're going to have to be more specific". But I don't want to tell anyone straight out because the next time I do something stupid they'll start saying "Oh, she's just using her 'depresion' to get what she wants".

I really need help. Right now I just want to dissapear. I'm just feeling so bad right now...I think for a thirteen going on fourteen year old this is pretty bad.

amiro1989
20-05-08, 05:22
You have at least two of the nine principal depression symptoms.

I've been there, and I think I still am partly, but you know what, I think time solve this. I've been feeling so much better, since 2 years, but I just feel it's still there, inside me, waiting to pop out again. Don't let yourself being downed by those kind of things. You have to try to force yourself to go out, and enjoy the beautiful things in life. After all, we only live once :):hug:

Tear
20-05-08, 05:42
I'm so sorry.
Do you have any family member or friends who you could talk to about this?
Maybe they can help.
All I can tell you right now is, in times when you're feeling worse than ever, you just have to remember that life goes on, things change, people change, and you need to know that you are loved.

ChingKong
20-05-08, 05:48
I'm so sorry.
Do you have any family member or friends who you could talk to about this?
Maybe they can help.
All I can tell you right now is, in times when you're feeling worse than ever, you just have to remember that life goes on, things change, people change, and you need to know that you are loved.

Well said....

and n00b, maybe its just some sort of phase, mood changes due from puberty......i hope you feel better like tear said, people change and life goes on

hang in there bud...

Fish.
20-05-08, 06:41
I've felt the same way. I wanted to kill myself once, when my friends picked on me, and I'm always dull and bored too.

Some things that can help:

Listen to some soft, quiet music, open the window and lie down for a little while.
Watch a funny movie - it usually takes your mind off things.
Talk it out with a member of your family. Tell them how you've been feeling, and if you so choose, ask to see a therapist.
Chat up a friend and talk about something fun.
If these don't work, you can always just pick a sunny day and go for a walk. Some exercise and fresh air can really clear your mind.

Keep strong, ok buddy? If you need/want to, send me a PM. ;)

jjbennett
20-05-08, 09:17
Well i usually get those symptoms, and i know its just from being a sarcastic grumpy git. Mate, depression is a lot worse so instead of worrying about ways to cure it, just actually understand you don't have it :D

Nannonxyay
20-05-08, 09:32
I've got some of those symptoms. Some days I'm just not interested in anything. Even listening to my favourite music bores me, when it usually makes me feel happy.

I also get upset over little things, like I wanted to get a new hair cut but my dad told me I cant get it done until a couple of weeks time and I threw a massive stressy fit and cried like a baby.

I'm 13 as well, and I think what happens to me is due to my depersonalization. I started getting that when I was nine, and it really gets me down sometimes. Some days I feel perfectly fine, but others I feel hazy and out of myself.

I also find it difficult to sleep, It usually takes me about an hour and a half to get to sleep which is annoying because I sit there doing nothing but if I do occupy myself with something to take my mind off it I wake up again.

:hug: Stay strong, what I do to calm down is sit on my own and draw, that usually takes my mind off things.

lisa_croft
20-05-08, 11:06
How old are you?

rowanlim
20-05-08, 11:11
Sounds like you're going through a rough time. Don't cave in. Don't give in to ideas of suicide. Be strong & try to be positive. Maybe it's time to indulge in a new hobby. In any case, cheer up & smile, you know we're here to listen to you :tmb: :hug:

Capt. Murphy
20-05-08, 11:23
It's all part of growing up, getting older, and becoming mature. Everyone goes through it. And believe me... You ain't seen nothing yet. The Highs and Lows of life can be much much greater. You may look back to this time in the future and realise.... "that was nothing!"

Paperdoll
20-05-08, 11:38
I wouldn't say it's depression per se... at least not clinical depression but I'm not qualified to say that. All I can say is never get into meds. Yes they can help, but you're probably too young for that. Force yourself to do things you like. If you have major issues in your life, try to resolve them, try to find the source to those feelings.

And Capt. Murphy is quite right. You just have to learn to get over those obstacles.

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Drone
20-05-08, 11:40
You feel that nothing interests you and you don't give a crap about anything. It has one very positive side: don't give a crap about your depression. It helps a lot. If you ain't botherd then don't be bothered with your depression. It's the first step. ATM don't try to find anything new, just be busy with your daily stuff and I repeat do not give a crap about bad mood.

Tina Croft
20-05-08, 11:44
i had had those feelings, too, when i was 15 and 16. furthermore i hated myself and almost all poeple in the world. i sometimes thought of running amok in my school...but fortunately i didn't. once i cutted my wrist, but not very deep. i wished i could simply turn back time. i began smoking. all these things.

but it ended anytime. i don't know why, maybe because i got out of puberty or because i got closer to my friends, who helped me being happy again and having fun. i made more often walkings into the nature. sport is also a good help.

life is very often very terrible. there are still some moments, where i wish, that i would have better commited suicide at that time.

i think, you should put an aim in your life, which you want to achieve. i've got an aim in my life and that's what also made me not commiting suicide. if i haven't got this aim, i wouldn't be alive anymore perhaps...

touchthesky
20-05-08, 12:27
Three: I can't seem to sleep at night anymore. It takes me ten minutes of tossing and turning to get comfertable, and then I get either too hot or too cold or twitch then I have to do it all over again.

This could be completely unrelated. Check this out;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restless_legs_syndrome

and see if it is anything like this :).

I suffer from RLS too.

Aside that..be strong. The fact that you haven't killed yourself yet makes me think that you don't really want too. As blunt as that sounds.

Get rid of the pen knife, get rid of anything dangerous, because 5 stupid seconds could mean all you see for the rest of your life is nothing.

FinalRequiem
20-05-08, 12:28
I know it might not seem like something you feel like doing, but at times like this family and friends can been your lifeline. If you jus immerse yourself into activities with your friends, and try to explain to them whats up, they will stick by you. Having somebody to talk to is always a massive relief.

Maybe change a few things in your lifestyle. Moving your room around, having a clear-out of your wardrobe or room. Find things that cheer you up and focus on them.

Everybody in this forum is here for you :hug:

lisa_croft
20-05-08, 13:44
You're too young to be thinking about depression tbh, i think you just have alot of hormones :)