PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone taken the mickey out of you for liking Tomb Raider?

rickybazire
21-05-08, 09:21
It happens to me, but not in the really bad way. Just that people sometimes tease me a little about it, stuff that I can handle.

What about you?

rowanlim
21-05-08, 09:36
Well most people are shocked that I play games in the first place, some are just baffled that I like Tomb Raider :p

bloodstormaoa
21-05-08, 09:40
I'll tell you how one of my first conversations in Secondary School went.

Male Classmates: Do you have a PS?

Peter: Yeah, I do!

MC: So what's your favourite game then?

Peter: Tomb Raider!!!

MC: .......

Peter: What?

MC: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Peter: WHAT!?!

MC: ...Thats so gay....

So yeah, for the next 6 years, I had TR jibes here and there...twas incredibly annoying...

MattTR
21-05-08, 09:40
I don't think any of my friends know I play Tomb Raider. My uncle actually got me into it.

But I think if they'd know, it would just be like another game to them. :p It's not like I'm embarassed, but I'm not going to go preaching on how much I rave about Lara Croft. :o

patriots88888
21-05-08, 09:49
Tomb Raider and Lara are cool through and through. If other people don't like it or think it's "gay" they can go .... themselves. Enough said. :p

Drone
21-05-08, 09:49
didn't have such problems

ShadyCroft
21-05-08, 09:54
MC: So what's your favourite game then?

Peter: Tomb Raider!!!

MC: .......

Peter: What?

MC:

Peter: WHAT!?!

MC: ...Thats so gay....

Yeah, thats one of the things that happen to me. I'm the only one, the ONLY ONE HERE, who loves Tomb Raider so much. When I talk about it, nobody listens. But when they talk about GTA, they all talk excitedly...same with Assassin's Creed, MGS, POP, Resident Evil and all other games....they're always talking about they're super duper they are, but Tomb Raider sucks for them.

Hell! I like it and I don't care what people think.

touchthesky
21-05-08, 10:01
No.

But then I rarely talk to people about it.

remote91
21-05-08, 12:55
No.

But then I rarely talk to people about it.
Ditto. My best friend loves tomb raider too, so its good to have someone to share my interest with, but thats it really. I wouldnt really see a reason why anybody could tease anyone for liking a computer game!

touchthesky
21-05-08, 12:57
Ditto. My best friend loves tomb raider too, so its good to have someone to share my interest with, but thats it really. I wouldnt really see a reason why anybody could tease anyone for liking a computer game!

Lol on my first day at work I was so nervous I blurted out "I dress up as Lara Croft sometimes."

I don't think anyone knew how to react.

Nannonxyay
21-05-08, 12:57
Friend: Omg, I got the new Grand Theft Auto game!
Me: Cool. I'm playing my Xbox right now, why don't you bring it round?
Friend: What are you playing?
Me: Tomb Raider Legend
Friend: Why?
Me: Because I like it...
Friend: But Tomb Raider sucks ass.
Me: :cen: off.

A phone conversation with one of my mates.

Obscure
21-05-08, 13:00
No one knows I like Tomb Raider apart from some of my friends and my family. Only one of my friends know I like it cos I bought her Legend for her birthday, but other than that I'm not afraid to admit that I like playing it :)

lisa_croft
21-05-08, 13:04
All my friends know that i am a TR fan since i was 9 so.....They can answer stuff for me.......Like if a guy asks do i have a PS they say yes, he asked what is my favourite game they say tomb raider -sighing-

I find it quite funny though.

Guys are always shocked to hear i even play games...which is kinda sexist.

Carbonek_0051
21-05-08, 13:04
Me: Dude a new Tomb Raider is coming out
Brother: Who cares TR isn't popular anymore
Me: Not true it's still popular
Brother: it's a joke dude
Me: No it isn't
Brother: show me proof that TR is popular
*show him sales charts*
Brother: whatever no it's not, GTAIV sold more...

I gave up when he metioned GTA:o

petujaymz
21-05-08, 13:37
I've had a few people roll their eyes at me. :rolleyes:

:wve:

stereopathic
21-05-08, 13:45
sure, there were people who gave me a little grief for it. nothing major, just some ribbing. i tell them, "i can see why you hate it. tomb raider's for smart people."

patriots88888
21-05-08, 13:48
sure, there were people who gave me a little grief for it. nothing major, just some ribbing. i tell them, "i can see why you hate it. tomb raider's for smart people."

So true. Great comeback. Sock it to em. :vlol:

Capt. Murphy
21-05-08, 14:24
Nope. So I guess that means I still have my Mickey. :)

Edit: #post2719652

TombRaiderLover
21-05-08, 14:28
My friends often say "Tomb Raider sucks" to tease me, which is very hypocritical since several of my friends enjoy the games too. And some of my friends think it's ridiculous that I have more than one copy of each game.

petujaymz
21-05-08, 14:28
I've had a few people roll their eyes at me. :rolleyes:

Aw yeah...

My friend Fleur said Tomb Raider's gay so I lamped her out.

trtrailerman
21-05-08, 14:46
my friends dont, they enjoy her breasts lol :P plus if any of my friends took the mickey out of them i'd sort em out

mizuno_suisei
21-05-08, 14:58
LOL I've been teased about it, mainly "Eww you fag, why would you play that?" Considering that mostly men used to play Tomb Raider (Im sure I remember hearing that off a doco, but I could be wrong)

Last year, I was playing TRL on my PSP at school, and this chick (Part of the "popular" group. You know, the group of girls with their orange foundation and push-up bras) Said "Oh my god, why are you playing that, thats so gay" So naturally :D I said "Well, its atleast one pair of tihts that exist in this class" And then I gave her the "Choke on that *****" Look. Haven't heard her voice since :D LOL Im so mean.

TR93
21-05-08, 15:00
My friend are total pratts, when I told them I loved tomb raider they all went " Your gay"- because I am a girl!!!
How lame is that?
This is what happened 2 days ago.
I had a spat with a friend of mine. She took the mick out of me for the next 2 lessons at school, because of the fact in the 1st lesson of th day ( which was a computer lesson) she told me to get off this forum. I told her to bog off and leave me alone. She then gave me evil looks so I went up to her and said" you don't scare me and you certainly don't tell me what to do. Later in the next lesson, whenever I said about anything she told me the get lost, then said something to my other friend which I couldn't hear. Between lessons, my other friend came up to me and told me what she was told by the person being a total pratt to me.
She told me what she had said and it was nasty... She told me to go and:cen:Tomb Raider later. I was gay because I liked it so much.
To be totaly honest if they're going to be like tht then stuff them. If I want to l play TR, then I'll play it, they can't tell me what I can and can't do. No one can stop me liking Tomb Raider!!!!
I think they treat me like is this because usualy, guys play TR not girls, but who said I couldn't. In fact I have one friend who actuly like Tomb Raider, at least thy can accept that I like it too. Maybe the friends who can't accept it aren't really my friends at all!

touchthesky
21-05-08, 15:03
Awh it sucks that people fight about it.
When I was younger, my next door neighbour and I would both kick butt as Lara...we'd use pencils as flares, our fingers as guns and her Alsatian was our enemy xD.

bubbleblaster
21-05-08, 15:06
not really most of my friends have their own weird obsessions with video games anyway. :) s'all good really.

Jo269976
21-05-08, 15:16
No, just the fact I was the only kid in my primary school class who literally LOVED Lara, like everyone including the teachers knew :vlol:

But everyone was cool with it, it was kind of my thing in Primary school.. now they know I like it just as much and they can't make fun of it because of its popularity :D

TR93
21-05-08, 15:22
not really most of my friends have their own weird obsessions with video games anyway. :) s'all good really.

Everyone takes the mick out of a friend of mine because she likes Buffy and Angel. I can't stand it myself, but peolpe can be really mean about obsessions.
No one popular or Mean at my school knoes I like TR so much, If they did, I could be bullied for years over it, but Tomb Raider and Lara mke me feel better about it!

zappo3000
21-05-08, 15:24
no because i havent told anyone

Angelx14
21-05-08, 15:25
Nope. Never. =] Most of the people I know have never heard of the game, or if they know what TR is, then it's movie only and some people even say I look like AJ. XDD

Jo269976
21-05-08, 15:26
Everyone takes the mick out of a friend of mine because she likes Buffy and Angel. I can't stand it myself, but peolpe can be really mean about obsessions.
No one popular or Mean at my school knoes I like TR so much, If they did, I could be bullied for years over it, but Tomb Raider and Lara mke me feel better about it!

You honestly shouldn't care what others think, if they're petty enough to act that way just pity them :mad:

Grr, it really annoys me when people get :cen: just because they enjoy the entertainment values of something...you know it's these people who hold some deep secret themselves.

I'm obsessed with horror movies pretty much and all my friends use our obsessions to joke around with each other, aparently I'm a psychopath but my friend who is OBSESSED with Daniel Radcliffe is a stalker :D

Bumio
21-05-08, 15:28
well.. some of my friends find playing video games as "immature thing", so i dont talk about games with them. but i do have a friend that likes TR and we both are obsessed with it :p thats it :o
oh yeah, and my mom knows about it too :D i mean, how couldn't she know about it when she always sees me doodling TR fan art :pi:

TR93
21-05-08, 15:54
I know people( especialy boys) like video game, Mostly the new one like GTA4 ect. For GCSE English we had to work in groups. My group did a music Magazine. A group of boys did one on the latest games. For homework we had to brong in Magazine we use pictures out of and they brough in some game mags one of which was about TRU. I picked it up( because we get along quite well)and read the review on TRU. Then I askedare you doing TR as an article. They said yes, they did a preview on TRU I was so happy that I'm not the only TR fan at my school!!!!!!

I have a friend that is a boy( No not a boyfriend)
He said he'd rather be obsessed woth Tomb Raider then something stupid, we talked about TR for about an hour nonstop. He like me likes all the games and said they are all different in a way. I felt so happy I could talk to someone about TR who actualy new what I was talking about.

Now I have loads of peolpe to talk to TR about at TRF!!!!!

remote91
21-05-08, 15:57
I have a friend that is a boy( No not a boyfriend)
He said he'd rather be obsessed woth Tomb Raider then something stupid, we talked about TR for about an hour nonstop. He like me likes all the games and said they are all different in a way. I felt so happy I could talk to someone about TR who actualy new what I was talking about.

Now I have loads of peolpe to talk to TR about at TRF!!!!!
Aww, link him to the forums :D

Nausinous
21-05-08, 15:59
All the time at primary school and high school. I used to write stories about Lara in primary school and my teacher would read 'em out they were so good but the kids were jealous and took the mick. My mum told me not to care and that I had an amazing talent that not of many of my friends had :ton: I turned out to be a right cocky **** :D

McGloomy
21-05-08, 16:04
Everyone who spends more than two hours with me is forced to look at my awesome TR mods. :p

I don't really try to hide it, you know?

TR93
21-05-08, 16:10
Because I am part of the local Football club in my town I help alot of people. Not alot of the adults down there like TR much either. A couple do, in fact one day we played an away from home game and all the supporters were on a coach. I told and older friend of mine about TR, He said" Lara Croft". I said" You like her?" and he went quiet( Enough said)

I get alot of music Ideas from TR music videos on youtube and The Tr theme got stuck in my head during the SATS test which actualy relaxed me and helped me concentrate on them more. So even though people take the mick, I don't care because TR actualy helps me think straight.

When I was being picked at school one day during a hockey lesson, I almost turned around and wacked the bullies with a hockey stick. The I stopped and though" Wait, What would Lara do?" and I stopped, Turned away and started to laugh at them, they were wandering what was so funny.

I wouldn't mind being on this forum all day talking about TR. It beats school any day

Quasimodo
21-05-08, 16:25
My dad started to think my TR fandom was a little weird so I quit visiting TRF in front of him :p Then again he always made fun of my friends, cartoons I watched when I was little, etc., so it's given me a complex about that kind of stuff cos I get so sick of his corny jokes.

jackles
21-05-08, 17:32
Now bearing in mind I am a mum etc not one of my friends are accepting of my addiction to gaming. In fact they think it is a subject for amusement and you should see their faces if I mention that I love trf. However if the choice was watching Eastenders or Corrie or playing TR I know which one I think is the better way to spend my time.

However my sons mates think it is cool!!!!

:D

robm_2007
21-05-08, 17:39
im not embarassed to like Tomb raider, i dont know why you would be. most of of younger cousins(about 7 of them) ages 11-14, like Tomb Raider. they just dont like that its hard and confusing most of the time. it even is for me, and im 19. but that the PS versoins, the real TRs. L and A are too easy and not TR-ey

ShadyCroft
21-05-08, 17:55
Me: Dude a new Tomb Raider is coming out
Brother: Who cares TR isn't popular anymore
Me: Not true it's still popular
Brother: it's a joke dude
Me: No it isn't
Brother: show me proof that TR is popular
*show him sales charts*
Brother: whatever no it's not, GTAIV sold more...

I gave up when he metioned GTA

This is probably why I hate GTA so much. I dont care if GTA4 got ten from all reviewers. I hate it and I dont wanna play it.

Call me stupid for such a stupid reason, but thats me.

Dark Lugia 2
21-05-08, 17:59
You dont really get teased at my school for liking a game which people look at as a game with a woman with massive boobs. :p LOL no one really thinks that a game is crap if it includes firepower..

domina
21-05-08, 18:05
I don't really get made fun of unless I start talking in detail about it. Then my buddies call me a nerd, but I get that anyway. :D

Usually, when I'm playing Tomb Raider, one of my boyfriend's roommates will walk into the room, stare, shake his head, and then say "I never understood those games. I'd play for 15 minutes and get lost." :vlol:

KC Mraz
21-05-08, 18:23
I'm a proud TR player so when somebody say things like "the game sells just because Lara's boobs" I ignore them. Usually are "God of War is the greatest game ever" people :rolleyes:

This is probably why I hate GTA so much. I dont care if GTA4 got ten from all reviewers. I hate it and I dont wanna play it.

Call me stupid for such a stupid reason, but thats me.

I'm with you. A 'ten' mean "good publicity & hype" now. GTA4 is cool but not a 10 game.

irjudd
21-05-08, 18:36
Taken the mickey out of you? What the hell does that even mean? Like, removing Mickey Mouse from you? What was he doing inside you in the first place?

Quasimodo
21-05-08, 18:50
Taken the mickey out of you? What the hell does that even mean? Like, removing Mickey Mouse from you? What was he doing inside you in the first place?

I've been curious about the origins of this expression, too.

Anyone care to explain to the clueless Yanks among us? :p

Voni
21-05-08, 19:01
I've been curious about the origins of this expression, too.

Anyone care to explain to the clueless Yanks among us? :p

We're British and we don't even know!

When I was at school, I happened to be leafing through a PS magazine (yeah, the PS, before they made more machines and got lazy with the naming) which had a picture of Lara in her bikini on the cover. I got a few 'lesbian' comments, but I pretty much brushed it off and said, 'Shhhh, I'm reading this'.

My friends think it's pretty funny that I'm so obsessed, but they don't really make fun of me for it.

Nannonxyay
21-05-08, 19:06
It means taking the **** out of. Like being made fun of. :wve:

Domino
21-05-08, 19:10
I got told Tomb Raider was for girls. The shouts he got from me and my friends attracted the entire classes attention. Still, I'm proud of it!

touchthesky
21-05-08, 19:11
But Tomb Raider game-makers clearly didn;'t have girls in mind when they made the games! Just look at her chest!

Lara Croft Fan Joe
21-05-08, 19:31
I honestly have to say no. Most my of my friends know I like it, and don't have any problem with that, its not really an important issue. I'm actually quite shocked at how many people HAVE been made fun of because of it though, I mean, whats wrong with TR?

patriots88888
21-05-08, 19:38
I honestly have to say no. Most my of my friends know I like it, and don't have any problem with that, its not really an important issue. I'm actually quite shocked at how many people HAVE been made fun of because of it though, I mean, whats wrong with TR?

Not a thing. They are probably jealous because they are either too unskilled or stupid to play it. :p

Lara Croft Fan Joe
21-05-08, 19:39
Not a thing. They are probably jealous because they are either too unskilled or stupid to play it. :p
Very true, but what about Legend? :p

patriots88888
21-05-08, 19:43
Very true, but what about Legend? :p

Same as above. Hehe. That's terrible but i don't care. :p

robm_2007
21-05-08, 19:46
But Tomb Raider game-makers clearly didn;'t have girls in mind when they made the games! Just look at her chest!

would girls rather her be completely flat cheasted? they probably wish that Lara was a big buff guy, like Vin Diesel or something. but Lara would and is better than any guy character they could of created for TR instead of her. she cant be beat.

Naomichi
21-05-08, 19:57
Frankly no, but then most of my friends are game geeks so it's all good.

PoisonParadise
21-05-08, 19:59
Well I don't play games that much these days, but if I do it's Tomb Raider. My friends know it and make jokes about it just like the do about Britney, nothing serious though. I know the looove me:ton:

Lemmie
21-05-08, 20:27
Oh definitely! Most of my friends are really into consoles and gaming - me, I prefer books really, but Tomb Raider appeals to bookworms as well as Lara is one herself!

Also, they can't work it out, because I'm gay and I like Lara so much. It's a puzzle.

AmericanAssassin
21-05-08, 20:30
I get crap from my friends about liking Tomb Raider almost every day. It's always the usual, "nobody plays that anymore" or "those games aren't even fun." However, I know three people who couldn't get past the Great Wall in TR2, so I think they just hate it because it's too hard for them. :p

Angel666
21-05-08, 20:31
Nah. People just think I'm a lesbian for it. Whatever. If they're not intelligent enough to realize that the games people play don't have any effect on they're sexual orientation then they deserve my pity as a lesser being.

Seb_01225
21-05-08, 20:35
i have a home life and an out of home life

outside of home life is more going out drinking!
but when i get home i am actually a video game addict.
which no one knows about

Tyrannosaurus
Not really, though it is kind of disheartening that most people I speak of it to on a casual basis either had no interest in playing it in the first place (and therefore no opinion) or hated it because it was too hard, too mazy, or the control "sucked" or something like that. And, of course, they inevitably attribute my liking the game to Lara's breasts, which is far more annoying.

Teeth
People are always dissing it for "bad gameplay"...even though 1) they've never played it and 2) "bad gameplay" is so vague it doesn't even mean anything.

I get my revenge by making fun of their crappy MMORPGs. :D Why play a clever, intuitive game series that successfully mixes the Action, Adventure, Puzzle, Strategy and Platform genres when you can stand around playing as an elf who chats to other elves?

Lara's home
21-05-08, 20:36
No one complains about me liking Tomb Raider.
I've "converted" several in my class, plus my sister to Tomb Raider! :ton:

Quasimodo
21-05-08, 20:36
Nah. People just think I'm a lesbian for it. Whatever. If they're not intelligent enough to realize that the games people play don't have any effect on they're sexual orientation then they deserve my pity as a lesser being.

I feel like I get that impression too sometimes; what is up with that? :vlol:

When was the last time a guy got called gay because he was obsessed with Superman, Spiderman, or the Incredible Hulk - all those muscled up guys in skintight spandex?

Lara's home
21-05-08, 20:38
I get my revenge by making fun of their crappy MMORPGs. :D Why play a clever, intuitive game series that successfully mixes the Action, Adventure, Puzzle, Strategy and Platform genres when you can stand around playing as an elf who chats to other elves?

Depends on your style. I love MMORPG's. ;)
Being a part of a living gaming comunity, in a game, is fantastic!

TR93
21-05-08, 20:38
When was the last time a guy got called gay because he was obsessed with Superman, Spiderman, or the Incredible Hulk - all those muscled up guys in skintight spandex?

Good Point

Tyrannosaurus
21-05-08, 20:40
I've never understood why the Resident Evil games are a thousand times more popular. They had 2D environments, ridiculous puzzles (in TR you could at least suspend your disbelief because Lara is in an underground tomb), complicated but boring stories, cardboard characters, and awful voice acting. No one would poke fun at me if I actually liked RE, though.

In Tomb Raider you can at least interact with the environment, and if you're scared, you're scared by virtue of content and atmosphere, not cheesy, manipulative stuff like music and cut-scenes. When Tomb Raider is scary, it's scary without appearing to want to be. Resident Evil, on the other hand, tries really, really hard to scare you.

stereopathic
21-05-08, 20:46
I feel like I get that impression too sometimes; what is up with that? :vlol:

:vlol: about 5 minutes ago. happens all the time.

I've never understood why the Resident Evil games are a thousand times more popular. They had 2D environments, ridiculous puzzles (in TR you could at least suspend your disbelief because Lara is in an underground tomb), complicated but boring stories, cardboard characters, and awful voice acting. No one would poke fun at me if I actually liked RE, though.

In Tomb Raider you can at least interact with the environment, and if you're scared, you're scared by virtue of content and atmosphere, not cheesy, manipulative stuff like music and cut-scenes. When Tomb Raider is scary, it's scary without appearing to want to be. Resident Evil, on the other hand, tries really, really hard to scare you.

excellent, excellent point.

Anniversary
21-05-08, 20:55
Yes.
But i always get the people who tease me about it back, one way or another! ;)
I mean, most people don't know anything about Tomb Raider. When i mention it, they just say "is that the chick wit big boobs and guns?" :mad:
It gets annoying!!! Either that or "eeeeewww! Your such a fag!"

tranniversary119
21-05-08, 21:03
Yes sometimes but other times they just say they dislike the game. But I'm not into Call of Duty type of games and all the other games like that so my taste is completely different from theres. ;)

FinalRequiem
21-05-08, 21:06
I used to, in secondary school.
Now im college its a more diverse group of people anyway, everybody likes their own things, so it doesn't matter as much
Besides, my 2 best friends that were originally against Tomb Raider i converted :D:D they are TR junkies jus like me now :)

Lara Croft Fan Joe
21-05-08, 21:09
Yes sometimes but other times they just say they dislike the game. But I'm not into Call of Duty type of games and all the other games like that so my taste is completely different from theres. ;)
Same here, I don't really like FPS games, The only game me and my friends play together is Tekken. I dunno why but I just like to SEE the character that I'm playing as, it just makes it more interesting.

patriots88888
21-05-08, 22:41
Same here, I don't really like FPS games, The only game me and my friends play together is Tekken. I dunno why but I just like to SEE the character that I'm playing as, it just makes it more interesting.

Same here. I MUCH prefer third person games to those first person shooter games. Much more enjoyable (imo). By the way, does anyone know what a second person game is? Any examples in game titles? Just curious. :)

remote91
21-05-08, 22:45
Either that or "eeeeewww! Your such a fag!"
If you like a chick with guns, I'm pretty sure thats the oppostie to being a 'fag'.

Twilight
21-05-08, 23:50
convo:

friend(girl): Look at that poster [TR1 movie of Angelina in a classroom, i dont know how it got there either], Tomb Raider is so sexist. Look at the size of her boobs!
me: *dead serious* I play Tomb Raider.
friend: my brother plays it.
me: Having a strong female character with guns is sexist? So what if her boobs are big.

no one ever made fun of me for playing it. either they didnt know about it, or had misconceptions of it.

Encore
21-05-08, 23:52
Not really.. Back in the day I played TR3 it was still cool. lol
And now, the last reaction I had when I said I still play TR games was: "Tomb Raider still exists???" :vlol:

ECB
22-05-08, 00:16
No, I don't really have a problem with it. All of my friends know I love it and when I'm talking to them on the phone, I'm usually playing it. So, if they ask me what going on I say "Lara Time!" they usually respond with Geek or something, but in the funny way, not mean.

digitizedboy
22-05-08, 01:44
No, but I did get a severe bollocking for installing TR on one of the college computers once.

CerebralAssassin
22-05-08, 13:34
oh yes,lots of it...and my friends give me **** for posting here too.;) (although one of 'em joined this forum,hehe:D)

Rexie
22-05-08, 13:56
my friend said this few days ago:

"omfg!! How the heck can you play Tomb Raider and Doom? Counter Strike is the best game ever! It's better than your ****ing Tomb Raider! Taking a dagger, putting it in your heart and turn you into a dragon? Go to Mars and kill monsters? That's, just plain GAY!! not even realistic! CS is real, your taste in games sucks!

And GTA classics sucks. Don't say anything about it"

And with that, I did nothing, I wanted to curse but the teacher came in The reason he added the GTA classics part is cause I grew with with GTA 1 (or 2, don't remember).

I got really mad that day at him, then THE WHOLE BREAK we were talking about random game, comparing them to eachother....

DickDan
22-05-08, 14:01
I make fun of my mates for NOT liking tomb raider :P

digitizedboy
22-05-08, 14:02
oh yes,lots of it...and my friends give me **** for posting here too.;) (although one of 'em joined this forum,hehe:D)

That was a bit hipercritical of him then. lol

Ada the Mental
22-05-08, 14:08
Yup. My bro never misses a chance to snicker whenever he sees me browsing TRF. But it's not like I give a damn about him. :p

As for my friends...Most of them have only seen the movies, and haven't even completed a full game...They're ok with it. Anyway, I don't go around talking 24/7 about TR (it's not the biggest of my many obsessions-at least not at the time) so I'm not bothering anyone.

tomblover
22-05-08, 14:43
Everyone who spends more than two hours with me is forced to look at my awesome TR mods. :p

I don't really try to hide it, you know? Uh huh. XD

Lara Croft Fan Joe
22-05-08, 14:44
Come to think of it, my brother calls it 'Bum Raider'. :vlol: Honestly don't care though :p

TR93
22-05-08, 14:49
My Mum and Dad are so fed up with Tomb Raider I can't talk to anyone about it, shich is why I like talking to all of you at TRF. At least you listen to me unlike my Parents and My sister.
My Twin sister in fact, she likes TR( Sort Of). If It wasn't for her I would have the Last revelation game, she brought it for me. Now she hates it too.
Ever since I joined TRF I can talk about Tomb Raider as much as I like, I love it on TRF!

I don't know why no-one likes Tomb Raider at my school, I too laugh at them for not even knowing what Tomb Raider or Lara Croft is!

KurtisLonely
22-05-08, 14:49
people used to make fun of me becouse I play Tomb Raider, but I don't mind anymore, and didn't give any attention to them, and they stopped...

touchthesky
22-05-08, 14:51

I spy a new Chuck Norris in our midst?

ajrich17901
22-05-08, 14:53
My brother in law used to always pick on me for playin tomb raider, until Legend came out and blew him away (-__-)

TR93
22-05-08, 15:05
people used to make fun of me becouse I play Tomb Raider, but I don't mind anymore, and didn't give any attention to them, and they stopped...

I hate it when People try to like even though they hate the game. They talk to me about it and don't have a clue what they are talking about.At school my friend try to make an effort to talk to me about it.

E.G
Friend:So, You still like tomb Raider
Me: Yeah
Friend; what are you doing later
Me: Guess
Friend: Doing some drawing of Laura Croft
Me: Who?
Friend: Laura Croft
Me: Hello, It's Lara Croft, Lara not Laura.
Friend: does it matter and Do i care?Why do you like it so much?
Me : Because I do
Friend: Your so sad, all tomb raider is, is a game about a woman who kill things and gets stuff out of tombs
Me: How dare you, Tomb Raider is about way more than that. Just shut up , You don't even know what you are talking about, Leave Me alone
Friend: It's so stupid.
Me: Will you shut up? if anythings stupid around here it's you. Now get lost, I'm not going to talk to you unless you have something that's worth saying!

This is just one of my friend who hates TR, I have about 15 of them on my back. I jsut learn to ignore them, even though inside I feel like kicking them:D

KurtisLonely
22-05-08, 15:39
This is just one of my friend who hates TR, I have about 15 of them on my back. I jsut learn to ignore them, even though inside I feel like kicking them:D
know the feeling :tmb:

TR93
22-05-08, 16:03
know the feeling :tmb:

I feel like I'm not normal in their world. They treat like i'm some sort of freak, and all because I like tomb raider. It's really stupid what some people say just to annoy you.
This really annoyed me today. I had concusion for 2 days and lost about 2 minutes of my memory of an accident at school. Everyone knew I blacked out and couldn't remember clearly what happened, then a friend of mine said Hey, Have you lost your memory of Tomb Raider?
I said NO"!!!!! and they moaned.

How could I forget Tomb Raider!!!!!

robm_2007
22-05-08, 16:20
My brother in law used to always pick on me for playin tomb raider, until Legend came out and blew him away (-__-)

LEGEND blew him away? wow, he needs to play TRI-IV and AOD. those are waaaaayyyyyyyy better.

ajrich17901
22-05-08, 16:21
LEGEND blew him away? wow, he needs to play TRI-IV and AOD. those are waaaaayyyyyyyy better.

I know lmao hes one of those people who only plays games that have good graphics -__-

nicola1986
22-05-08, 22:41
All the time, and because of my age, apparently there's an age limit for liking TR that I wasn't aware of :rolleyes:

TRLegendLuver
22-05-08, 23:06
I love Tomb Raider ever since 1996, and all my guy friends are shocked that I sometimes have better video games skills than them, usually in Tomb Raider. haha
Girls think its weird, and I have been called a dude. And so I answered back, "Since when was Lara a 'dude'?"
lol :)

ClrMap
22-05-08, 23:13
No, usually people respect me because I generally have very good taste in games and for being a PC gamer and because I still own an ATARI game (my brother had the console). So when I say Tomb Raider my friends know its a legitimate opinion. Also, it may have something to do with hanging with comic kids (not the snobby anti social ones) and they tend to be more open minded. The dorks at GameStop and other game shops shouldn't be minded (no offense if you work there). They usually aren't big gamers, but just read the reviews from mags and base their opinions on that. And you know how heartless that community can be. Actually, the TR forums are probably the kindest community around. Sorry... guess i'm being pretentious here, but that's just what I've experienced.

Aurelien52
22-05-08, 23:28
None of my (few) friends tease me about TR. :) Most of them likes Lara Croft since TR1. :)
But my mother jokes sometime with that... :pi:

Admles
22-05-08, 23:36
Friends don't tease me about TR

Did get into an arguement with one guy one day about it though, he said that I only play it because of the "big boobs" and I told him that if he thought that, he really was pathetic and sad, and he actually took a swing at me............. idiot......

Angelus
22-05-08, 23:39
No, but I've lost count the amount of times that some has said I only play the games to ogle Lara's boobs. To be honest, I've had more mickey taken out of me for being a male who likes Desperate Housewives. Shock, horror! :eek:

bloodstormaoa
23-05-08, 00:02
No, but I've lost count the amount of times that some has said I only play the games to ogle Lara's boobs. To be honest, I've had more mickey taken out of me for being a male who likes Desperate Housewives. Shock, horror! :eek:

Thats another one I love to hear about :rolleyes:

God, people are so sexist :p

Admles
23-05-08, 00:31
I'm right there with you bro :)

Had the exact same happen to me more times than I can count.