PDA

View Full Version : The Pussycat Dolls back! When I Grow Up Live On Jimmy Kimmel

Lara.Jolie7
21-05-08, 09:48
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=_tdkYcfyNLM

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/when%2Bi%2Bgrow%2Bup/video/x5i07a_when-i-grow-up-jkl-jonnyalisblogcom_shortfilms

(both video is the same just other site)

Well is a Live apresentation of the new single When I Grow Up

THe music is soooooooo gooodddddd
And Nicole is good Live!
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9562/pussycatdolls16zh.jpg

bloodstormaoa
21-05-08, 09:54
'S a'ight I guess:p

But seriously, what is the point of the other girls? Nicoles the only one that does anything really.....

george_croft
21-05-08, 09:59
Nicole sounds good, but what's the point of having such a high backing track for the rest of the girl ? I mean jeez, there's four of you, its not that hard to sound good live when you're in a group. :rolleyes:

The song is OK, might grow on me. :)

Angelx14
21-05-08, 10:01

But seriously, what is the point of the other girls? Nicoles the only one that does anything really.....

A background to stare at. And the song seems ok. =]

Lenochka
21-05-08, 10:46
AMAZING, aint it :jmp:
I stayed up just to watch it :3

PCD is finally back :D

But seriously, what is the point of the other girls? Nicole's the only one that does anything really.....
Apparently they took that into consideration and on the new album each girl will have at least one song to show of there individual vocal talent, which is great because I love Nicole but I'm sick of her always leading.

Encore
21-05-08, 12:12
aw man I KNEW it was too good to be true :(

Capt. Murphy
21-05-08, 13:59

Think of her as what Beyonce was to Destiny's Child. :pi:

amiro1989
21-05-08, 14:25
Well, I think Nicole would be nothing without them. They really have something that Nicole doesn't have... And you just feel that they had something, but it would be great to see them sing two...

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-05-08, 14:40
ROFL!!! :vlol:

They're workin' those 80s outfits. :p

LegenDarY
21-05-08, 14:45
Not bad.. I'll probably end liking it like a lot of their songs.. they have a way of making them catchy, thus having it in your song all day long without you wanting it :p.

Pietras
21-05-08, 14:46
Well, I think Nicole would be nothing without them. They really have something that Nicole doesn't have... And you just feel that they had something, but it would be great to see them sing two...

Ditto. Just look at Nicole's solo career. She flopped so hard.

LegenDarY
21-05-08, 15:08
I just downloaded a HQ version.. and I have to say I like it already.. it has that catchy-factor again.

findme
21-05-08, 15:08
OOOOH I like it :D

Vertigo
21-05-08, 16:15
A band where even one girl sings and others dance. Oh.

Lara.Jolie7
21-05-08, 17:45
I just downloaded a HQ version.. and I have to say I like it already.. it has that catchy-factor again.

I cant find the hq version of the song :(

Lenochka
21-05-08, 19:12
A band where even one girl sings and others dance. Oh.

The other girls don't just dance. They provide backup vocals, Sure there role in this track isn't seen, but in other PCD songs Melody and Ex-member Carmit provided verses and such. Plus who wants one hot girl on stage alone when you can have a whole bunch of them knocking out amazing dance routines and hot catchy tracks? :3

lita212
21-05-08, 20:29
the new song is **** imo. they have completely gone away from what the pussycat dolls represent. its not the same without carmit she was the one member who actually represented the pussycat dolls. they should take the s of the dolls cause nicole is the only one who sings. im shocked that melody aint even on the track. there a joke now seriously there new albumn wont do aswell as the first thats for sure

AMAZING, aint it :jmp:
I stayed up just to watch it :3

PCD is finally back :D

Apparently they took that into consideration and on the new album each girl will have at least one song to show of there individual vocal talent, which is great because I love Nicole but I'm sick of her always leading.

yeh but how much do you want to bet that none of these tracks where they have their full solo gets released. besides they wont have that big of a role since it was actually nicole who wrote all 12 tracks on this album whereas there last album was written for them hence why carmit and melody got solo's on all tracks

Lenochka
21-05-08, 20:51
its not the same without carmit she was the one member who actually represented the pussycat dolls.
Thats not really fair. I can see why you would say that if your referring to Nicole but Ashley, Melody, Kim & Jessica seem to represent PCD rather well, in fact there really wasn't anything different between them and Carmit, they all represented the same basic idea. It sounds to me like your just venting because your sad reds gone.

Vertigo
21-05-08, 20:54
The other girls don't just dance. They provide backup vocals, Sure there role in this track isn't seen, but in other PCD songs Melody and Ex-member Carmit provided verses and such. Plus who wants one hot girl on stage alone when you can have a whole bunch of them knocking out amazing dance routines and hot catchy tracks? :3

I haven`t heard most of their songs actually but I find pretty strange that Nicole sounds more "strong" and others just go "la-la-la". Spice Girls sing together in every song (except Victoria, I can`t understand what is she doing there, her voice is just... 1/10 :S)

Lenochka
21-05-08, 20:56
I haven`t heard most of their songs actually but I find pretty strange that Nicole sounds more "strong" and others just go "la-la-la". Spice Girls sing together in every song (except Victoria, I can`t understand what is she doing there, her voice is just... 1/10 :S)

Aww! I always loved Victoria's parts in there songs, especially her lines in "Who Do You Think You Are" :3
Though I do agree, It would be great to have more vocals from the other girls like the Spice Girls use to do, would make the songs a lot more interesting.

Vertigo
21-05-08, 20:59
Who do you think you are? Damn I haven`t heard her voice there! XD I just CAN`T hear her!
By the way I thought Nicole is gone and start solo-career

lita212
22-05-08, 05:33
Thats not really fair. I can see why you would say that if your referring to Nicole but Ashley, Melody, Kim & Jessica seem to represent PCD rather well, in fact there really wasn't anything different between them and Carmit, they all represented the same basic idea. It sounds to me like your just venting because your sad reds gone.

you do know carmit is the only one who actually worked at the pussycat doll club. then she invited gwen to a show and her label liked them so they decided to put a group together. the other girls joined by going to a casting. then they bought out the sway song and then did bad. so the girls changed the music style and carmit ended up being the original doll to be in the group. yeh im sad that shes left but what i mean is, without her they dont even represent what the pussycat dolls are because none of them ever worked in the club before the band was made. carmit has worked for them for over 10 years now. so thats why none of them represent the pussycat dolls and even there music has gone away from that. when i grow up is another girly pop single whereas everything else they did before was edgy and fresh. there new song sounds like summit there other band girlicious would do

Lara.Jolie7
22-05-08, 05:46
Seriously the la la la etc the backvocals is trutly playback IMO
Well, Nicole know she isn't so good like she is with the girls....

I miss the red hair girl, she was the best!

Well, does anyone know when the new album come?

Trent92
22-05-08, 07:50
Are those dolls in the first post real?

Lenochka
22-05-08, 10:41
you do know carmit is the only one who actually worked at the pussycat doll club. then she invited gwen to a show and her label liked them so they decided to put a group together. the other girls joined by going to a casting. then they bought out the sway song and then did bad. so the girls changed the music style and carmit ended up being the original doll to be in the group. yeh im sad that shes left but what i mean is, without her they dont even represent what the pussycat dolls are because none of them ever worked in the club before the band was made. carmit has worked for them for over 10 years now. so thats why none of them represent the pussycat dolls and even there music has gone away from that. when i grow up is another girly pop single whereas everything else they did before was edgy and fresh. there new song sounds like summit there other band girlicious would do

Yeah, the theme of the song is a bit girlicious, but I'm sure the edge they had is still there... just maybe not in this song. Have faith Lita! Maybe the next single will be more original PCD :3

Jack Croft
22-05-08, 10:53
Not bad will probally grow on me likw dont cha least there back!

lita212
22-05-08, 17:24
Are those dolls in the first post real?

yes hun they are but they got cancelled because parents complained saying the pussycat dolls image was too raunchy for children so the toy makers scrapped the dolls

scion05
22-05-08, 17:39
The song is quite good :p Haven't heard of the PCD in a LONG time :yik:

Who do you think you are? Damn I haven`t heard her voice there! XD I just CAN`T hear her!
By the way I thought Nicole is gone and start solo-career

Victoria is the only one who i like to listen to as a solo artist, she
always sounds so relaxed... :D

Lenochka
22-05-08, 20:00
yes hun they are but they got cancelled because parents complained saying the pussycat dolls image was too raunchy for children so the toy makers scrapped the dolls

Yet we have dolls like this being given to children...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/otaku_tatu/number%202/BigJade.jpg

Can you say baby prostitutes? Belly shirts, skirts and a face of makeup, at least the PCD dolls were obviously adults... It almost seems like the creaters of this horror are trying to tell kids its ok to dress like a hooker even as a baby.

TRF
22-05-08, 22:52
I prefer the singing on MP3 or CD...
The live versions of all the singing is so: not good...
The sounds are normaly bad and all the screaming of those fans...

I mean, com'on... If they could have been less screaming, it might sound good, but anyways... No offence to you and the PCD..
PCD have good music, no doubt on that....

But i prefer my songs NOT live...

viper456
22-05-08, 23:37
didnt like it to start with but it has really grown on me now :)