PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League Final Tonight!

Titanium
21-05-08, 14:42
So who do you thinks going to win it? :)

Mad Tony
21-05-08, 14:48
I'm rooting for Chelsea. I support neither team, but I despise Manchester United but I've never minded Chelsea.

tlr online
21-05-08, 15:24
Man U.

TR93
21-05-08, 15:25
Man United!!!!!!!
I am a Man U supporter, Have been since I could walk. I'm saying 2-0 to Man U. Scholes and Ronaldo!!!!!!!!!!!
Glory Glory Man Utd

JinSlayer
21-05-08, 17:03
God I hate both of these teams! They'll both probably cancel each other out. Liverpool v Barca would've been a better final imo

Naomichi
21-05-08, 17:20
I'm supporting Chelsea tonight.

I know too many United fans, and they'll be entirely unbearable.:p

The proof is in the post made in this thread at 16:25... Can you imagine that only 10x, which is what I'll be looking forwards to if they win.:hea:

Laurencarter
21-05-08, 17:48
Chelsea. Even though I don't really watch soccer that much.

JinSlayer
21-05-08, 22:11
Man U r sooo lucky :hea:

Mad Tony
21-05-08, 22:18
What a shame. I really thought Chelsea were gonna win. I feel that Chelsea deserved it more.

JinSlayer
21-05-08, 22:22
They did deserve it more. They hit the bar 2 times and outplayed them in 2nd half. If Drogba wasn't so stupid to get sent off he would've been the 1 taking the 5th pen for chel$ki

tlr online
21-05-08, 22:29
Fantastic match :tmb:

Dakaruch
21-05-08, 22:48
Too bad we didn't had more goals... It would be even more fantastic. Great match indeed. :)

Pietras
21-05-08, 22:51
Loved the match though I'm sad Chelsea lost :(

tampi
21-05-08, 22:59
C. Ronaldo stressesly crying

Congratulations to the Champions!

Titanium
21-05-08, 23:20
Really good match. And it had so much drama. :D

digitizedboy
21-05-08, 23:32
Not one of my most all time favorite CL finals, but very tense and a great game of football between 2 great teams. I Felt a bit sorry for Terry in the end though.

snork
22-05-08, 00:10
me too feeling sorry for Terry. But a game worth watching. :)

What I was most surprised by was this !$%%%$$ attitude of ManU player Tevez.
I would never ever in my dreams have thought that this would be tolerated on the Island. :mad:

When the opposing team kicks the ball out because some player is injured or just at the end of their force and has cramps in the legs, he wants to take advantage of that. :mad:

All the time we get to hear how the English fans disapprove so much of unfair players that those do not get a stand (e.g. doing divers) but this is of the worst behaviour.
At least he got a yellow card for his unsportiness.

I severely dislike C.Ronaldo and really enjoyed his crap execution of the 'penalty' :D
But I like Giggs and it's nice he wins the CL nowadays :jmp:

Do you still call them penalties when they are not for having commited a foul in the penalty area but because you need a decision in the end of a cup game ?

Naomichi
22-05-08, 05:52
Do you still call them penalties when they are not for having commited a foul in the penalty area but because you need a decision in the end of a cup game ?

Yes, yes you do.

CerebralAssassin
22-05-08, 12:32
congrats Man. U. :yah:

What a shame. I really thought Chelsea were gonna win. I feel that Chelsea deserved it more.

are u serious??didn't you see how Chelsea scored?divine intervention I say...:p

MoonSword
22-05-08, 12:36
I was rather supporting Chelsea, but congrats M.U. anyway. That was a fantastic match and the best deserved to win. It was so tight anyway. English teams' players are so focused, this is the reason they are currently the best in Europe.

digitizedboy
22-05-08, 12:59
English teams' players are so focused, this is the reason they are currently the best in Europe.

It's nice to hear praise upon the English league. :) Pity though, that in English teams/players are more focused at club level rather than internationally.

I mean, Euro 2008 is such a massive tournament to miss out on for England. :'(

CerebralAssassin
22-05-08, 13:02
English teams' players are so focused, this is the reason they are currently the best in Europe.

that's because there aren't any English players in 'em.;) you saw what happened to the English national team...they'll be watching Euro 2008 from the couch ;):D

Mad Tony
22-05-08, 14:43
are u serious??didn't you see how Chelsea scored?divine intervention I say...:pTo be honest I think it was just as good a goal as Man Utd's.

TR93
22-05-08, 15:26
Good game
Congrats to Man Utd, I felt sorry for Lampard and Terry, they worked so hard. I can't stand Drogba, glad to see him get sent off anmd he did deserve it, i mean you can't jsu slap someone like that even if Vidic deserved it, and anyway the argument was nothing to do with him in the 1st place. I knew Ronaldo would mess up the penalty kick, because he stopped and waited for Cech to move, the keeper had time to think. Why is everyone blaming Terrys slip on the wet weather, everyone eslse who missed didn't slip. For a moment as Terry stepped up I thought it was in when I saw Van Der Sar dive the wrong way!

Paul H
22-05-08, 16:39
that's because there aren't any English players in 'em.;) you saw what happened to the English national team...they'll be watching Euro 2008 from the couch ;):D

Sad but true. :(

Then there is the problem of English managers. How many good ones are there? None that I can think of.

MoonSword
22-05-08, 17:01
It's nice to hear praise upon the English league. :) Pity though, that in English teams/players are more focused at club level rather than internationally.

And this is exactly the opposite for France: National clubs are not able to make it in European club competitions, but France often shine as international team. And there were a couple of french players on the field yersterday.