PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Indiana Jones IV

Conway
21-05-08, 14:51
So I just came home from our local premiere of Indiana Jones IV (thanks to my dad's connections :D), and I've gotta say. One of the biggest things you wouldn't expect in such an archaeologically-inclined motion picture, happens. Definitely big WTF moment towards the ending, although I kinda saw it coming.

Anyone else watched the film? Thoughts? We'll try to keep the spoilers to a minimum though. :p

touchthesky
21-05-08, 15:18
Some people are going to be extremely jealous of you!

I didn't even know you could go to film premieres unless you were close to the movie lol. Shows what I know :/.

Anyway, was Shia Lebouf up to much in this movie?

Jo269976
21-05-08, 15:19
HOLY CRAP!

I envy you! :cln:

So many questions so little typing characters...

Is it good? Ford still play the character well? Good ending to what could be the last movie?

I'd appreaciate a regular posters opinion more than a reviewer, I often disagree with them in movie taste :D

..Could be worse though, if you'd seen The Dark Knight first I would've reached through cyberspace and...:D

Vertigo
21-05-08, 15:21
I`m gonna watch it because of my second fav actor John Hurt, tho he doesn`t work much coz "they" need only young people :\

daventry
21-05-08, 15:24
Im going to watch it tomorrow. :D

Was Harrison Ford better lookin then Sylvester Stallone in Rambo 4, because he really looked like a tired buffed up old geaser with 15 lines in the whole film. :confused:

Conway
21-05-08, 15:26
Anyway, was Shia Lebouf up to much in this movie?
IMO, Shia did quite well in this film. Indie IV seems to be a springboard for his own films based on Indie, especially since it's revealed that [BIG SPOILER] he is in fact the son of Henry (Indiana) Jones Jr., [BIG SPOILER] and that his real name is Henry Jones III. [/BIG SPOILERS]

Is it good? Ford still play the character well? Good ending to what could be the last movie?
IMO Ford did fantastic in his role. Well, what can I say about the ending? If you're up for big spoilers, just highlight the BIG SPOILERS above. But as things are, Indie does acknowledge that he's old already, and if there's ever gonna be another Indie film, I doubt Ford would still be the main star.

Rivendell
21-05-08, 15:28
I'm off tomorrow morning, can't wait. :tmb:

touchthesky
21-05-08, 15:28
:O.
I was not expecting that.

Jo269976
21-05-08, 15:30
IMO, Shia did quite well in this film. Indie IV seems to be a springboard for his own films based on Indie, especially since it's revealed that [BIG SPOILER] he is in fact the son of Henry (Indiana) Jones Jr., [BIG SPOILER] and that his real name is Henry Jones III. [/BIG SPOILERS]

IMO Ford did fantastic in his role. Well, what can I say about the ending? If you're up for big spoilers, just highlight the BIG SPOILERS above. But as things are, Indie does acknowledge that he's old already, and if there's ever gonna be another Indie film, I doubt Ford would still be the main star.

Ha, I'll give the spoiler a miss...not long until tomorrow night anyway :D

Good to hear that Indiana Jones is back, at least for one last proper (don't mean that in a chavvy way :p) adventure :D

Conway
21-05-08, 15:32
:O.
I was not expecting that.
Wait till you see what really IS the mystery behind the crystal skulls. I honestly can't say if I'd be happy about it. It's just pure WTF moment.

patriots88888
21-05-08, 15:36
Thnx for sharing Conway. I'll see it soon enough, (no spoilers for me). Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. :tmb:

touchthesky
21-05-08, 15:37
Wait till you see what really IS the mystery behind the crystal skulls. I honestly can't say if I'd be happy about it. It's just pure WTF moment.

Now I want to know xD.

petujaymz
21-05-08, 15:38
What's with the Simon Cowell trousers?

I know Indie's a bit older now, but still...

:wve:

Jo269976
21-05-08, 15:41
I just noticed, everyone try not to quote spoilers as they become visable.

Lucky I only caught the roman numeral III before looking away.

Conway
21-05-08, 15:42
Now I want to know xD.
Well, just be sure not to spoil it for everyone else around here. But here, highlight at your own risk:

[BIG SPOILER] The crystal skulls are actually revered biological skulls of aliens that landed on Earth millenia back. Towards the end, well, a UFO appears and flies right in front of Indie and the rest of the gang. And, would you believe, before that, people get sucked into the UFO. [/BIG SPOILER]

touchthesky
21-05-08, 15:45
I'll repeat what was said before so as not to ruin this for everyone

DON'T QUOTE THE POSTS WITH SPOILERS.

and conway...oh my [highlight for semi-spoiler] that is either gonna be very cheesy or very cool.

Conway
21-05-08, 15:54
Well, I have to say, for me, it was the former.

daventry
21-05-08, 16:05
People, he is called INDY, not indie :p

krycekuva
21-05-08, 16:09
im on my way to it,..:D:D:D:D:D:D:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jm p::cln::cln::cln::cln::cln::cln::hug::hug::hug:

Mona Sax
21-05-08, 16:17
I'm gonna see it this evening. Definitely can't wait. :tmb:

BTW, please use this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=125835) thread for Indy 4 discussion. Thanks!