PDA

View Full Version : Forum events?

Quasimodo
21-05-08, 23:00
An idea for (yet another) forum feature-

Wouldn't it be great to have a link to a newsletter/announcement that listed all the current competitions going on? Sometimes it's hard to keep track of them all - especially if you don't frequent all the boards every day.

If the forum events 'newsletter' idea were to go even further, members could submit articles, links to funny posts, comics, etc...

What do you think?

Christi
21-05-08, 23:00
:tmb:

remote91
21-05-08, 23:05
That could be a good idea, or maybe some kind of guide on all the new feature's of the updated system, so that we arent missing out on some potentially useful features we just havent noticed.

trXD
21-05-08, 23:07
Great :D
But to be fair justin just finished updating the site in so many ways, he must be exhausted...

remote91
21-05-08, 23:08
But to be fair justin just finished updating the site in so many ways, he must be exhausted...
Yeah, we should give him a nice break before we starting hounding him again :p

Though I suppose a member could produce this kind of feature and then a Mod could sticky it. Of course that's only possible if we had someone nice enough to do it for us, or people could simply take turns in doing it.

Like our own little news team :D

Quasimodo
21-05-08, 23:10

It wouldn't have to be run and written entirely by Justin; I imagine much of the content would be written by members. Perhaps each major board would have one or two people providing updates about those boards biweekly or monthly.

Titanium
21-05-08, 23:18
I did actually have an idea like this a while back. (I have lots of ideas, I'm just really lazy so I dont implement them. :p) But yeah, would be a good thing to have. :)

rowanlim
22-05-08, 02:54
The newsletter is a good idea, my ideas would be:

give a comprehensive guide to the sections, especially for new members
provide a good guide on posting etiquette, especially for new members
a monthly update on hot issues here would be great, like a sum-up of all the hot topics at TRF, according to each section.

We will DEFINITELY need a team for this effort, with a proper organization :D A monthly publication (online) should be good enough :p

tlr online
22-05-08, 02:54
An idea for (yet another) forum feature-

Wouldn't it be great to have a link to a newsletter/announcement that listed all the current competitions going on? Sometimes it's hard to keep track of them all - especially if you don't frequent all the boards every day.

If the forum events 'newsletter' idea were to go even further, members could submit articles, links to funny posts, comics, etc...

What do you think?

Sounds like something we can do.

Conway
22-05-08, 03:10
^ Yay for more features! :yah:

Quasimodo
22-05-08, 05:38
Sounds like something we can do.

*happy dance*
:yah:

Alex Fly
22-05-08, 10:12