PDA

View Full Version : David Cook wins American Idol

Rachel Croft
22-05-08, 03:31
like the title says, David Cook won the 2008 season of American Idol, if you what it is. It is a singing competition in America, and over here it is HUGE.

I was a little disapointed that he won, because I was anticipating that David Archuleta would win, which I am happy to say that he is from my state, but I'm happy for David C. They are both killer singers, and I love them both.

If any of you would like to chat and make comments to this thread, go ahead, thats what its here for.

ajrich17901
22-05-08, 03:34
Im glad David Cook won hes the only one that sounded good to me, the other david seemed to sissy like for my tastes.

Im lookin forward to david c's debut album, :jmp::jmp:

Conway
22-05-08, 03:35
Well, it IS huge where I live too (and it's not even in the US). Well, I was extremely happy that he won. I didn't want Archuleta to win for some reason. Simon's last words before the results was well-deserved for Cook too, IMO.

Rachel Croft
22-05-08, 03:37
Well, it IS huge where I live too (and it's not even in the US). Well, I was extremely happy that he won. I didn't want Archuleta to win for some reason. Simon's last words before the results was well-deserved for Cook too, IMO.

that cool. thanks for letting me know that. I didn't know if it aired in other countries.

rowanlim
22-05-08, 03:38
Well congratulations to him, I didn't follow up with this season but my sisters rooted for David, so I guess it's a good result :D :tmb:

Rachel Croft
22-05-08, 03:40
Well congratulations to him, I didn't follow up with this season but my sisters rooted for David, so I guess it's a good result :D :tmb:

there were two Davids in the final two competition. :)

rowanlim
22-05-08, 03:42
there were two Davids in the final two competition. :)

Whoops :o Shows how lacking I am for this season :p

Rachel Croft
22-05-08, 03:44
Whoops :o Shows how lacking I am for this season :p

no, its ok :)

kryptonite23
22-05-08, 04:29
I wanted David Archuleta to win :(

Anyway, he is good :tmb:

knightgames
22-05-08, 05:07
While I think Archuletta's got a great voice, I don't see him as star material. Much of his singing (while very good) had a 'sameness' quality to it.

Cook seemed to be a bit more diverse in his talent and abilities. Again they are both great, but I think if you add up intangibles Cook comes out on top.

But what do I know? I wanted Saneesha (sp) to win!

ivannnnn
22-05-08, 07:23
Congratz David C! Your face is just too cute. ;)

ajrich17901
22-05-08, 14:31
The best david C song and what made me a fan:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8j0_qfxL-0

Shark_Blade
22-05-08, 14:35
I wanted David Archuleta to win :(

Anyway, he is good :tmb:Yeah me too.:( Cook is like your typical male singer. :ton:

daventry
22-05-08, 14:39
I hate my Country, we are still a Week away for the two finalists and you just gave away the big surprise Rachel Croft. :smk:

digitizedboy
22-05-08, 14:50
I don't watch these as singing competitions aren't my cup of tea, but I know someone else that watches it and I happen to hear bits and pieces on occasions. From what I can hear though he probably deserves it.

Angelx14
22-05-08, 15:33
He's cute, he's got the looks, but I don't think he has such a good voice.

ajrich17901
22-05-08, 15:38
He's cute, he's got the looks, but I don't think he has such a good voice.

Have u been listenin to any of his performances O_o?
His rendition of Always Be My Baby will send chills down ya..

Lenochka
22-05-08, 17:16
I am so glad Cook won, He has such an edgy look and attitude to him.
Archuleta is good... but he is just way to boring, almost like the type that would release Christmas albums that you're grandmother would get you from the dollar tree for $5.99 In a few years.

robm_2007
22-05-08, 17:31
omg i ws so happy that he won. i was so sure that David Archuleta was going to win, cuz they think hes adorable or something. but they said that David Cook won, i was happy and surprised. he really deserved it more. i originally wanted Michael Johns to win. i thought that the finalss would have been Michael johns and David Cook in the end, i was half right.

Angelx14
22-05-08, 17:33
Have u been listenin to any of his performances O_o?
His rendition of Always Be My Baby will send chills down ya..

Well yeah, I heard one song and I didn't really like it. Sorry. You know, everyone has a different taste in music, and in this case our taste is different, hun.

Rachel Croft
22-05-08, 17:48
I hate my Country, we are still a Week away for the two finalists and you just gave away the big surprise Rachel Croft. :smk:

sorry, did not know

pastadudde
30-05-08, 12:09
COOKIE WON! YEAH! yeah i knew it like a week ago but i'm having some serious AI withdrawal symptoms... trying to remedy it with AI fanfic... sob...

Nannonxyay
30-05-08, 12:13
COOKIE WON! YEAH! yeah i knew it like a week ago but i'm having some serious AI withdrawal symptoms... trying to remedy it with AI fanfic... sob...

Rofl. They have American Idol fanfic?! :vlol:

pastadudde
30-05-08, 12:15
Rofl. They have American Idol fanfic?! :vlol:

Yeah, just type it in Google. I found a Cookeleta (David A. + David C) fanfic on www.fanfiction.net and some Michael Johns / David C/David A fanfic here - http://community.livejournal.com/candidclouds/?skip=8&tag=person:+david+cook

Beware... the 2nd link is kinda ... mature? Sorry if you're offended or whatever...
ENJOY (if u do LOL)

lara is mine
30-05-08, 12:15
lol! who wouldve thought they had fanfic's., WOW. its kind of weird to read that when you know theyre real people O.o

pastadudde
30-05-08, 12:22
lol! who wouldve thought they had fanfic's., WOW. its kind of weird to read that when you know theyre real people O.o

YOU HAVE NO (AND I MEAN IT) NO IDEA!

sorry if it sounds so angst, i'm hoping for Season 8 to come soon to end my depression. LOL

lara is mine
30-05-08, 12:25
YOU HAVE NO (AND I MEAN IT) NO IDEA!

sorry if it sounds so angst, i'm hoping for Season 8 to come soon to end my depression. LOL

i take it your a huge idol fan?:p

pastadudde
30-05-08, 12:30
i take it your a huge idol fan?:p

UH HUH... I was almost in tears when I thought the insipid Archie was going to win. and thanks for being so patient with an equally insipid mental patient like me. :)

lara is mine
30-05-08, 12:31
haha i wanted cook to win too:p. that kid almost always sang ballads *snore*. 3 times he sang upbeat, and 2 were horrible

pastadudde
30-05-08, 12:40
haha i wanted cook to win too:p. that kid almost always sang ballads *snore*. 3 times he sang upbeat, and 2 were horrible

You're a Cookie fan too? Yeah!

I guess the only upbeat song that he sang well (just guessing here) -
either "You'd better shop around" or "Stand by Me" (would that count as upbeat?)

And yes, "With You" was horrible with that spastic dancing that reminded me of Taylor Hicks and oh god, i hate that autistic smile of his! (No offense to special education kids everywhere! This is PERSONAL! LoL)

By the way which were / was your favourite David Cook song(s)? Mine's "Always be my baby" and "Music of the Night"... "Billie Jean" and "Hello" come a close third and fourth. And I absolutely loved "I don't wanna miss a thing"

lara is mine
30-05-08, 12:43
You're a Cookie fan too? Yeah!

I guess the only upbeat song that he sang well (just guessing here) -
either "You'd better shop around" or "Stand by Me" (would that count as upbeat?)

And yes, "With You" was horrible with that spastic dancing that reminded me of Taylor Hicks and oh god, i hate that autistic smile of his! (No offense to special education kids everywhere! This is PERSONAL! LoL)

By the way which was your favourite David Cook song? Mine's "Always be my baby" and "Music of the Night"... "Billie Jean" and "Hello" come a close third and fourth.

wellll... technically i was a huge carly and syesha(i always like the diva who thinks shes whitney houston:p) fan but yeah cook too :p. omg i hated with you that was painful and embarrassing to watch :p.
aww i like his smile:o. and my fave dave cook song was music of the night.

pastadudde
30-05-08, 12:52
wellll... technically i was a huge carly and syesha(i always like the diva who thinks shes whitney houston:p) fan but yeah cook too :p. omg i hated with you that was painful and embarrassing to watch :p.
aww i like his smile:o. and my fave dave cook song was music of the night.

Yeah I was so ****ed (yeah u got me right :cln:) when Syesha and Carly ended up bottom 2 in the Andrew Lloyd Webber week and Carly got eliminated - especially when they both brought the house down with their songs. (David C. didn't need to bring the house down... every girl in the audiance had fainted when he sang "touch me, trust me" - including my sister who was hyperventilating on the couch LOL)

sorry about insulting Archie's smile. but I hated his version of "think of me". BORING!

(sorry if this getting tiring for u, like i said... i'm having AI withdrawal issues. just take a look at my signature)

PS to be honest, I wanted Carly to be top 2 with Cookie even though he would win eventually. And yeah, Syesha gets on my nerves (sometimes!) - and your description is right on! Whitney Houston - hahahaha

lara is mine
30-05-08, 12:56
Yeah I was so ****ed (yeah u got me right :cln:) when Syesha and Carly ended up bottom 2 in the Andrew Lloyd Webber week and Carly got eliminated - especially when they both brought the house down with their songs. (David C. didn't need to bring the house down... every girl in the audiance had fainted when he sang "touch me, trust me" - including my sister who was hyperventilating on the couch LOL)

sorry about insulting Archie's smile. but I hated his version of "think of me". BORING!

i FREAKED OUT when they were in the bottom 2, i started hyperventilating and then i just stared at the screen ten minuted after carly left, total shock, she tore it up the night before, brooke shouldve left.... archie botched a whole line during andrew lloyd webber week!and the judges didnt even catch him.

pastadudde
30-05-08, 13:07
i FREAKED OUT when they were in the bottom 2, i started hyperventilating and then i just stared at the screen ten minuted after carly left, total shock, she tore it up the night before, brooke shouldve left.... archie botched a whole line during andrew lloyd webber week!and the judges didnt even catch him.

Brooke? Hmm... I was hoping for Jason. but yeah either she or Jason?

oh yeah, Archie missed a lyric i do remember now. Yeah the judges are kinda deaf sometimes. I couldn't believe Simon said 'you made the best of what u had' to Cookie. WTF???

and yeah, at that point, I would have preferred syesha to go before Carly... god i wished she had made it to Rock and Roll week. (at least)

lara is mine
30-05-08, 13:10
Brooke? Hmm... I was hoping for Jason. but yeah either she or Jason?

oh yeah, Archie missed a lyric i do remember now. Yeah the judges are kinda deaf sometimes. I couldn't believe Simon said 'you made the best of what u had' to Cookie. WTF???

now that i think of it, yeah jason shouldve left :p

i know! cook was great, and he showed his range alot. simons criticisms make no sense sometimes ( but paulas never make sense :p)

pastadudde
30-05-08, 13:14
now that i think of it, yeah jason shouldve left :p

i know! cook was great, and he showed his range alot. simons criticisms make no sense sometimes ( but paulas never make sense :p)

Paula, Paula, Paula...

remember the semifinals and the neil diamond week? Although the latter was due to a rushed schedule and a tiny mistake, i can't believe that she actually used notes from the dress rehearsal. I mean, WHAT? the look on everyone's faces were priceless though.

Yeah, and Simon... "I preferred the grittier side of you" - and u diss other contestants from sticking too much to the same genre all the time????

lara is mine
30-05-08, 13:20
Paula, Paula, Paula...

remember the semifinals and the neil diamond week? Although the latter was due to a rushed schedule and a tiny mistake, i can't believe that she actually used notes from the dress rehearsal. I mean, WHAT? the look on everyone's faces were priceless though.

Yeah, and Simon... "I preferred the grittier side of you" - and u diss other contestants from sticking too much to the same genre all the time????

remember what she said to jason " you are all of my favorite colors"- or something along those lines :p. i guess it shows that the show is riggged!:p(jk)

simon confuses me :\

pastadudde
30-05-08, 13:25
Guess Randy's the only consistent one with all his "dog pound", "molten hot lava"... and the rest of his extremely limited vocabulary.

Though he acted like he was trying to compete with Simon during the Top 3 week about the judges song's choice thing. But i think he chose a bad song for Syesha to sing...

and during the top 4, he told her that her rendition of "A Change is Gonna Come" was emotionally disconnected. "you made her cry Randy."

OMG, lara_is_mine... i think we've made this thread into a personal conversation thing! OOPS!

lara is mine
30-05-08, 13:30
Guess Randy's the only consistent one with all his "dog pound", "molten hot lava"... and the rest of his extremely limited vocabulary.

Though he acted like he was trying to compete with Simon during the Top 3 week about the judges song's choice thing. But i think he chose a bad song for Syesha to sing...

and during the top 4, he told her that her rendition of "A Change is Gonna Come" was emotionally disconnected. "you made her cry Randy."

OMG, lara_is_mine... i think we've made this thread into a personal conversation thing! OOPS!

randy is SO annoying >.> "yo dawg that was crazycrazycrazy molten hot lava BOMB! he chose a horrible song for syesha but the producers choice was even worse (talk about sabotage). of course we didnt :p, we are discussing idol! which i guess is a personal conversation :p

pastadudde
30-05-08, 13:54
randy is SO annoying >.> "yo dawg that was crazycrazycrazy molten hot lava BOMB! he chose a horrible song for syesha but the producers choice was even worse (talk about sabotage). of course we didnt :p, we are discussing idol! which i guess is a personal conversation :p

Producer's choice - yup they were bias towards *drumroll* Cookie! "Longer" was GOOEY, and i mean, Syesha is so much better than that trashy "Hit Me Up' crap.

lara is mine
30-05-08, 13:58
Producer's choice - yup they were bias towards *drumroll* Cookie! "Longer" was GOOEY, and i mean, Syesha is so much better than that trashy "Hit Me Up' crap.

syesha wouldve been better off doing a whitney song than hit me up (it made me cringe:p). it was obvious the producers wanted the david VS. david for months

pastadudde
30-05-08, 14:17
syesha wouldve been better off doing a whitney song than hit me up (it made me cringe:p). it was obvious the producers wanted the david VS. david for months

It was that obvious, huh? :p

poor Syesha

lara is mine
30-05-08, 14:37
It was that obvious, huh? :p

poor Syesha

she got robbeddd, and she was alwaysss in the bottom 3:p.
im going to try out for season 9 :D

pastadudde
30-05-08, 14:51
she got robbeddd, and she was alwaysss in the bottom 3:p.
im going to try out for season 9 :D

Yeah go for it! But if you get on camera you'd better shout out to TRF so we know you're one of us LOL :p

I can't join cause I'm not American. BOO HOO

Good luck though!

lara is mine
30-05-08, 14:55
Yeah go for it! But if you get on camera you'd better shout out to TRF so we know you're one of us LOL :p

I can't join cause I'm not American. BOO HOO

Good luck though!

i should try out in a lara croft costume:p, and act like total fool in front of the camera like alot of people do :-]

pastadudde
30-05-08, 15:09
i should try out in a lara croft costume:p, and act like total fool in front of the camera like alot of people do :-]

Well, that would be blatant advertising for Edios Interactive, Crystal D and TRF... but seriously, you can sing??? if so, please try and get into the show! It would be so cool....

OMG, it's already 11 pm where i live, i gotta go to sleep, i'm dog tired. sorry
LOL this is so personal.

See u soon on TRF.

PS you're a girl? I'm a guy.