PDA

View Full Version : How many portuguese speaker we have here?

Lara.Jolie7
22-05-08, 05:56
Well, since I'm in this forum I've found a lottttt of Brasiliam and Portugueses, but I realy wanna know how many have to make friends, etc, and plx a Portuguses Br-Pt Forum like French, Spanish one :D

Sorry if this kinda of post is against rules :o

Pipolinne
22-05-08, 12:24
One here :D!

CroftScionGuard
22-05-08, 12:26
Another one here:D

Paperdoll
22-05-08, 12:59
Another one here as well :wve:

And please take note of this thread, yes? ^^

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=126014&page=2

digitizedboy
22-05-08, 13:04
not fluent, but I could hold small conversations. Nice language thou btw, you should have your own language forum here just as like French and Spanish. :tmb:

CroftScionGuard
22-05-08, 13:07
not fluent, but I could hold small conversations. Nice language thou btw, you should have your own language forum here just as like French and Spanish. :tmb:
:tmb:
Thanks for the support!;)

What do you know in PT, btw? Give us some examples:p, however if you're not sure of the meaning, better PM then:D

Cristina
22-05-08, 13:07
Here! im portuguese! :D

pedrokas23
22-05-08, 13:48
I'm portuguese too! :)

Endow
22-05-08, 14:51

Azerutan
22-05-08, 20:42
I guess I'm guilty:D

pemides
22-05-08, 20:49
Another portuguese speaker, writing from Portugal ;)

(yeah, portuguese foruns would be cool, but still I prefer the general foruns... we all speak english, so... :o)

ben croft
22-05-08, 21:32
ME! :D

:wve:

only Croft
22-05-08, 21:35
Guilty as charged :D

Lara.Jolie7
22-05-08, 21:50
Nice!!!!
Have the necessary to have our FORUM :D

Dakaruch
22-05-08, 22:26
Another Portuguese right here! :p

KIKO
22-05-08, 22:33
Portuguese here too :D Open the Portuguese Forum ! :jmp:

Sir Croft
23-05-08, 00:24
Brazilian here, and, of course, portuguese speaker. :D

Encore
23-05-08, 00:30
Portuguese too :wve:

(unfortunately)

nick-xx
23-05-08, 01:38
here, :wve:

Zique
23-05-08, 01:41
me C:

Endow
23-05-08, 16:53

Pipolinne
23-05-08, 17:07
How is it unfortunate to be of a specific nationality?

I'm guessing you're a communist :p

Since when do political tendencies have to with our chronic lack of appreciation for our country?

Endow
23-05-08, 17:23
Since when do political tendencies have to with our chronic lack of appreciation for our country?

Chronic? Don't know about that. You'll find that : that is human nature and has little to do with your nationality. People only "like" their countries when they are surrounded by less influential nations or when there's a World War.

As for the communist comment it's just a joke. I find that when you are young and are vocally upset about your nationality, odds are you're a communist. Since most pro-active citizens don't complain as much :p But it's nothing personal, Encore :)

Azerutan
23-05-08, 17:51
In 3 years I've been here, never saw that many portuguese :)

Encore
23-05-08, 18:18
Whatever.. :rolleyes:

I was just talking about how much life in this country sucks sometimes.
Pipolline was much closer to my point when she talked about "chronic lack of apreciation for our country", it's true, and I'm guilty of that.

Endow
23-05-08, 18:51
Whatever.. :rolleyes:

I was just talking about how much life in this country sucks sometimes.
Pipolline was much closer to my point when she talked about "chronic lack of apreciation for our country", it's true, and I'm guilty of that.

Well it's only a problem when credit is due.

pemides
23-05-08, 20:33
Yeah... kind of difficult to love a country that is always in the tail of europe :o

I'm with encore. (and I'm an anti-comunist, if that matters :ton:)

Endow
24-05-08, 00:58
Yeah... kind of difficult to love a country that is always in the tail of europe :o

The European Union you mean. And that's not really true. Not anymore anyway.

Encore
24-05-08, 01:14
^ So life is wonderful here? OK. Your opinion.

Azerutan
24-05-08, 01:18
I am graduated in Economics and it's interesting your conversation :) Yes, there are issues we are extremely bad and other quite normal and very few better. You're entitled to have your opinion though :) Life may not be as wonderful as in France for instance, but we live much better than most part of world's population, but it's sooooo Portuguese, we like to cry out our problems when indeed there are a lot of people in a much worst position than us...

Pipolinne
24-05-08, 01:24
Chronic? Don't know about that. You'll find that : that is human nature and has little to do with your nationality. People only "like" their countries when they are surrounded by less influential nations or when there's a World War.

As for the communist comment it's just a joke. I find that when you are young and are vocally upset about your nationality, odds are you're a communist. Since most pro-active citizens don't complain as much :p But it's nothing personal, Encore :)

I'm sorry,but we have low self esteem as portuguese,which is different from criticizing your country,which is healthy.

I'll defy you to read some blogs,like Atlântico,or Origem das Espécies ( link not posted,because of mature content),which are right winged,and you'll see how happy they're about being portuguese.

There's also that happy group of people,from the PNR,our joyful pro-nazi party,who are very glad due to the fact they're portuguese: simply,they would prefer all those who don't fit their aryan concept to disappear.

And since when it's being a communist a contrary of being pro-active?!

I'm sorry,I'm off-topic.

Encore
24-05-08, 01:40
I am graduated in Economics and it's interesting your conversation :) Yes, there are issues we are extremely bad and other quite normal and very few better. You're entitled to have your opinion though :) Life may not be as wonderful as in France for instance, but we live much better than most part of world's population, but it's sooooo Portuguese, we like to cry out our problems when indeed there are a lot of people in a much worst position than us...

So far, no one has brought up the idea that life in other european countries is better or perfect. That's NOT THE POINT. Point is looking around your nation and what you see and feel about it.

And just because there's people going through wars or famine in other parts of the world, should I just shut up and conform to whatever goes on in my own country?

Lara.Jolie7
24-05-08, 07:43
Wow
as I know portugual is a nice place
If u ask ppl from another country what they know about Brazil, almost all will say big ass woman or carnival....

Well, I don't like my country, but, the places I go, my place etc, I'll never give up cuz I love my life here... :D

Azerutan
24-05-08, 12:21
And just because there's people going through wars or famine in other parts of the world, should I just shut up and conform to whatever goes on in my own country?
I didn't say that, but while you're mourning (not you personally, I mean generally), you're wasting your time when you can do something better for this country. People criticize the government when in basis it's our fault. Teenagers leave schoold by choice when they're 15-18 - it's their choice and Portugal has the lowest level of literacy in Europe, which ashames me because for me education = devellopment. It's a general problem. We simply do not have comptence to go further and the gourvernment is incomptent enough to not solve many problems. If you ask me, this situation is chronical and so typically Portuguese. The line that separates our mentality and our economics is not very strong. But again you're entitled to criticize your country or situation to live in, but honestly, what do you think you're going to get from that?

And someone talked about Nacionalism here. Yes, human natura HAS NOTHING to do with nations, actually people feel they're so Portuguese, simply because they feel every single day the manipulation everywhere. Since 18th century, countries are building a national identify which is most of the times based on wrong historicism and senseless values. "Your nation" is merely a false picture media and gouvernment pass to you in football world cup or in publicity. I don't like this country, I hate people's mentality, I can't wait to work abroad and still I'm as Portuguese on paper as you ;)

pemides
24-05-08, 13:17

I'm also graduating in economics and I also like the subject.

I think portuguese mentality is very adverse to economic growth (most people don't put too much effort in their lives... they just stay putt and hope her job lasts forever, and that the government will always be there for them to cry when they need something they can't afford with their current income).

Workers blame the employers for their poor situation, but they forget their employers took risks, put money on stake to have their good situation, while most employees just stopped studying at 9th grade, found a job, do the minimum possible in their jobs and then they feel revolted because their employers are rich while they make 500€/month.

But I also think the government has his own big share of guilt in our situation. Very high taxes that are not efficiently used. I'm with the PSD candidates: we need a tax shock to increase investment. We need to lower the Corporate income tax so people are encourajed to create their own companies, employing more people, creating more value.

And there's also another big problem with our government: people go to politics mostly to serve themselves, and not to serve the country.

I'm really looking forward to a higher european integration. Everything that go from Lisbon to Brussels is a step forward in the right direction :D

Azerutan
24-05-08, 14:10
The blame for our situation is general, not only for the gouvernment, but also employers, employees, unemployers - everyone in some way or another is "guilty" for this situation. But this is such a boring subject, I should reformulate, I am graduated in Politics (going to be masters) and obviously Economics is a big part of my curriculum.

"I think portuguese mentality is very adverse to economic growth."
This is the most correct sentence I've ever seen in this forum...

Even though I am confindent we are going to get better in the future, econocomies work in cicles, Portugal is now getting out a worst one - I want to believe so... Buh, boring subject I know sorry :ton:

Endow
24-05-08, 16:40

Azerutan
24-05-08, 23:50
Changing the subject...

http://voncroy.hi5.com

Can you give me your hi5's? :) I would love to have some Tomb Raider creepy fans there! I actually had a whole section about Lara Croft in my hi5 but the part of favourite videogames was deleted and I lost everything :( Anyway, add me guys! :)

Dakaruch
25-05-08, 00:03
Azerutan, i must say that you have a great hi5 :tmb:
Love it! :)
I am especially fond of the "sobre mim" part! ;)

My hi5 link is here:
nuno-baiao11.hi5.com
And don't joke about the baiao part, or i will get mad! :p

CroftScionGuard
25-05-08, 00:06
^^He may not, but I know a few that will :D:ton:

Azerutan
25-05-08, 00:10
Azerutan, i must say that you have a great hi5 :tmb:
Love it! :)
I am especially fond of the "sobre mim" part! ;)
I know this will sound weird, but call me Voncroy, for 8 years online I've been Voncroy on every single forum, I had to put Azerutan here, 'cause I could not write Voncroy :( But anyone knows me by that name - weird...

Yeah, my "sobre mim" part is pretty much a joke to all poseur out there. I just got sick of so much label, I just wanted to write someting.

Hehehehehehe good bands you like, not particulary fan of Metallica, but hey, good tastes ;) Music for me is everything. Gonna add you alright?

Dakaruch
25-05-08, 00:19
Yes, i sent you a friend request and all that... And yes, all that poseur and **** on hi5 tends to sicken me. Besides those idiots that insist in calling someone as an emo, just because that person wears black clothing as well as other stuff is just ridiculous.

Ahah, Metallica, was one of the first bands that i heard, and i grew up hearing some of their songs. I don't go much to my hi5 anymore, so i don't listen to some of the bands there anymore. :)

Azerutan
25-05-08, 00:26
Emo for wearing black? LOL That's so bull****. I exactly know what you mean. I can live well without the American emo crap music, geez... I laugh so much when kids find themselves so dark because they listen to My Chemical Romance LOOOOOL! Gosh, and hi5 are so hillarious nowadays, I'm just tired of people claiming they're Goth, like, gosh get over it. The same thing for Satanism. As I just said, be yourself.

I like darker stuff, Metallica is good for trash and metalcore people, not really the stuff I'm used to listen to. That's why I don't like them as much, but it's better than any emo crap out there.

Zique
25-05-08, 01:17
so... if everyone here speaks portuguese (well, it's a thread about 'portuguese speakers'), then why are everybody talking in english?

CroftScionGuard
25-05-08, 01:20
so... if everyone here speaks portuguese (well, it's a thread about 'portuguese speakers'), then why are everybody talking in english?
Because unfortunately we're not allowed to talk in a language that doesn't have a moderator to moderate in that language. That's why there's a thread requesting an International Section for Portuguese speakers;)

Dakaruch
25-05-08, 01:21
Mostly because since this is a general chat section, which is not part of an independent international forum, some people that are not portuguese speaker, might want to come here and express it's oppinion about something. Besides i think that this way, the mods can actually moderate this thread if things get rough between any members discussing in here. So i guess that this is reason enough to keep talking in English... :p

digitizedboy
25-05-08, 02:38
I think you'll get a new forum soon.

tlr online
25-05-08, 04:25
So who's ready for a new Portugese international section?

Lara.Jolie7
25-05-08, 05:06
meeeeeeeeeee

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

igor32
25-05-08, 14:50
Me too :D XD

Zique
25-05-08, 14:52
Because unfortunately we're not allowed to talk in a language that doesn't have a moderator to moderate in that language. That's why there's a thread requesting an International Section for Portuguese speakers;)

Ah, right :(

Dakaruch
25-05-08, 14:57

:jmp:
I guess that all of us are ready! :D

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 14:58

I'll get you penguin cookies if you do :D

I just have one question.... mods?

Azerutan: great taste with the video on your Hi5 :D I adore that song.

CroftScionGuard
25-05-08, 14:59
So much here :tmb:

Really necessary! I need a place where I can talk my language!

Appreciated:tmb:

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 15:03
Am I the only one that thinks Justin is terribly evil for keeping us waiting like that with just a dubious post XD

Either that or time is going by too slowly :p

only Croft
25-05-08, 15:03

I'm, bring it on baby :D

CroftScionGuard
25-05-08, 15:04
Am I the only one that thinks Justin is terribly evil for keeping us waiting like that with just a dubious post XD

Either that or time is going by too slowly :p
I think that now Tlr is only creating our PT corner in TRF...

Moderation is a good question though... Hope it's not moderated, and that we can keep it a very good place ;)

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 15:05

Moderation is a good question though... Hope it's not moderated, and that we can keep it a very good place ;)

Dunno that's up to him but I don't even have a clue if the other international sections are moderated or not.

Lara.Jolie7
25-05-08, 15:09

I think can be moderation about report, if someone make something that are not allowed we can just report.

CroftScionGuard
25-05-08, 15:09
^^ :tmb:

Dunno that's up to him but I don't even have a clue if the other international sections are moderated or not.
Yes they are! It's possible to see in the Forum Leaders;)

Mona and Gabi for the German
Amlai (I think) is for the Spanish one
Clara for French

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 15:13
Then I don't think it'd be fair for the portuguese section to be left unmoderated, but that's just my opinion.

Larson_1988
25-05-08, 15:14
Then I don't think it'd be fair for the portuguese section to be left unmoderated, but that's just my opinion.

Agreed, there should be mods in every section. :)

tlr online
25-05-08, 15:15

Could someone do me a favour please.

Translate:

Tomb Raider Forums in Portugese
General discussion on Tomb Raider or anything else for Portugese speakers. Keep it litigation-free!

igor32
25-05-08, 15:20

Translate:

General discussion on Tomb Raider or anything else for Portugese speakers. Keep it litigation-free!

Tomb Raider Forums em Português
Discussão Geral sobre Tomb Raider ou qualquer coisa para quem fala português.
"Keep it litigation-free!" - i don't know how to translate...

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 15:20

Translate:

Fórums de Tomb Raider em Português
Discussão geral de Tomb Raider e qualquer outro assunto para quem fala português.

Um what's litigation exactly? XD if anyone has a better translation, please do share :X

Edit: Igor beat me to it XD

CroftScionGuard
25-05-08, 15:21

Translate:

Tomb Raider Fórums em português
Discussão geral de Tomb Raider e que outras conversas para aqueles que falam português. Mantenham como livre de "ligitation"

Tlr, plz another word instead of "ligitation":)

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 15:22
Tomb Raider Fórums em português
Discussão gelar de Tomb Raider e que outras conversas para aqueles que falam português. Mantenham como livre de "ligitation"

Tlr, plz another word instead of "ligitation":)

Freezing discussion? :D

Azerutan
Azerutan: great taste with the video on your Hi5 :D I adore that song.
A fan of Tristania's here? :) I like heavier stuff, but I can't help it, Vibeke is the most beautiful creature ever born in this world :p You clearly have good taste.

CroftScionGuard
Freezing discussion? :D
lmao, bad typo:D

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 15:25
A fan of Tristania's here? :) I like heavier stuff, but I can't help it, Vibeke is the most beautiful creature ever born in this world :p You clearly have good taste.

I love Tristania, Widow's Weeds is one of my all time favourite albums. It's too bad they went the new singer... totally kills the older atmosphere they had.

Oooook off topic done :D

Maybe litigation is in the sense of *****y arguments?

Lara.Jolie7
25-05-08, 15:25
litigation
processo; litígio
Mantenham como livre de processo :confused:

Hope be released soon
But I'll just see in nigth cuz in going to GAY PARADE!

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 15:27
litigation
processo; litígio
Mantenham como livre de processo :confused:

Yeah I was baffled too... but:

Maybe litigation is in the sense of *****y arguments?

:X

Dakaruch
25-05-08, 15:28
Litigation = lawsuit :)

Lara Jolie beat me to it :p

digitizedboy
25-05-08, 15:28

depends on how rude you're going to be, I doubt it though since you're a nice bunch. :)

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 15:29
Yeah but keep it free of lawsuits doesn't make much sense does it XD

Endow
25-05-08, 15:29
Tomb Raider Fóruns em Português
Discussão geral SOBRE Tomb Raider e outras conversas para aqueles que falam português. Portem-se bem ;)

Fixed :p

Litigation = discussões (in a bad way) = arguments

Neste contexto pelo menos.

CroftScionGuard
25-05-08, 15:30
"acerca de" wasn't wrong too

^^in that case "Keep it ligitation-free" is "mantenham-no livre de maus comentários"

Paperdoll
depends on how rude you're going to be, I doubt it though since you're a nice bunch. :)

Yup but the others are as well so... I don't know, I simply don't think it's fair, if it's going to be for one, it should for the others as well. Not that I don't think we can moderate ourselves and keep it clean it's just that it's a matter of fairness me thinks...

Fixed :p

Litigation = discussões (in a bad way) = arguments

Neste contexto pelo menos.

Aaaah so I was kinda right :D

Lara.Jolie7
in spanish

Discusión general, ayuda, soporte y media en toda la serie de Tomb Raider.
Discussão geral, ajuda, suporte e media em toda serie Tomb Raider

Why ours need to be so dificult to understant xD

igor32
25-05-08, 15:31
Hope be released soon
But I'll just see in nigth cuz in going to GAY PARADE!

:O

vc é gay?!
are u gay?!

KkKkkKkK

*i'm not homofobic
*não sou homofobico
EDIT:
:off:

Lara.Jolie7
25-05-08, 15:32
:O

vc é gay?!
are u gay?!

KkKkkKkK

*i'm not homofobic
*não sou homofobico

Sou e vc?
Yes and u?

A lot of ppl here are =P

Btw
u was the one who sayd \o/ in my topic on orkut?

KIKO
Pergunto-me quem será o moderador :confused: Porque acho que nenhum dos moderadores existentes são portugueses.

Endow
I think it would be more natural if the sentence didn't try to translate so much as stress out the same thing.

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 15:33
I think it would be more natural if the sentence didn't try to translate so much as stress out the same thing.

I say we go with your version. Tis good.

Lara.Jolie7
25-05-08, 15:34
Pergunto-me quem será o moderador :confused: Porque acho que nenhum dos moderadores existentes são portugueses.

Se fizerem uma seleção para escolha quero me candidatar rs
If they made a selection I want to join

CroftScionGuard
25-05-08, 15:37
Se fizeram uma seleção para escolha quero me candidatar rs
Things about moderation are still hidden from us, but I agree with you that we should select the one we want.

just an idea: Till this night we all should give three names of those we agree that could be moderators, and none of the selected can be us. The most voted is the moderator;)

Example: I give three names, and I'm not one of them!

Cristina
25-05-08, 15:38
Things about moderation are still hidden from us, but I agree with you that we should select the one we want.

just an idea: Till this night we all should give three names of those we agree that could be moderators, and none of the selected can be us. The most voted is the moderator;)

Example: I give three names, and I'm not one of them!

Boa ideia;)

KIKO
25-05-08, 15:40
Ok é uma boa ideia, mas primeiro teremos de perguntar ao Justin se ele concorda, é claro.
EDIT: Translation "Ok it's a good idea, but first we have to ask Justin if he agrees, of course".

Cristina
25-05-08, 15:42
Ok é uma boa ideia, mas primeiro teremos de perguntar ao Justin se ele concorda, é claro.

Tirste-me as palavras da boca:p

CroftScionGuard
25-05-08, 15:42
Talking in pt here won't tell him if you agree or not :tmb:

thank you both

Cristina
25-05-08, 15:48
justin menbers here whant to chosse a portuguese-speaking moderator!is possible?:D

Better croftsciongard?:D

Endow
25-05-08, 15:49

Dakaruch
25-05-08, 15:55
Perhaps it would be best to not get all hyper about this... First let's see what Justin have to say about this. :)

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 16:09
Perhaps it would be best to not get all hyper about this... First let's see what Justin have to say about this. :)

Wise words my friend :D

Justin is offline at the time so we can only wait.

igor32
25-05-08, 16:21
Sou e vc?
Yes and u?

A lot of ppl here are =P

Btw
u was the one who sayd \o/ in my topic on orkut?

yes kkkkkkkkkk

AHAZA lá! kkkkkkkk

Good luck

Lara.Jolie7
25-05-08, 23:09
^

heheheh
ty
already back
was nice, when some ffriends got the pic i'll post

pemides
26-05-08, 11:17

Translate:

Fóruns Tomb Raider em Português
Discussão geral sobre Tomb Raider ou outros assuntos para quem fala Português. Mantenham-no livre de problemas.

I think this would be right (Fóruns, not Fórums. You never put a m behind a s in Portuguese :ton:)

And I think the last sentence is a fair translation for the one Justin wanted. It's like "Keep it trouble-free". If someone doesn't like it, I suggest something like "Respeitem os outros utilizadores", which is: "Respect the other users" instead

CroftScionGuard
26-05-08, 11:35
I think this would be right (Fóruns, not Fórums. You never put a m behind a s in Portuguese :ton:)
Sim, eu sei... :ohn:
Nunca te enganaste?

pemides
26-05-08, 15:17
Yes, I know... :ohn:
Haven't you ever made a mistake?

Sure I did. But someone had to correct it, or Justin would put it wrong when he creates the portuguese forum. You were not the only to do that mistake ;)

(and let's not speak portuguese here, this is still the international forum... let's wait for the portuguese one)

igor32
27-05-08, 01:48
Have Justin saw this?!

digitizedboy
27-05-08, 01:53
portugues e o lingua mais melhor do mundo. :)

I don't care if that's wrong, but I'm happy with that. I love the Portuguese language anyway, you guys rock, far better than us UK suckers. :(

CroftScionGuard
27-05-08, 10:31

I don't care if that's wrong, but I'm happy with that. I love the Portuguese language anyway, you guys rock, far better than us UK suckers. :(
lmao... thanks for the preference :tmb:

also, your pt is good ;)

Now all we have to do is waiting for something, like an answer, or the forum itself:)

KIKO
27-05-08, 12:51

LOL that's a common mistake we don't say "mais melhor" because it means more better :ton: just say " a melhor". UK language is cool too, i love their language. Anyway, any news about the new forum ?:jmp:

BoyTRaider
27-05-08, 13:10
Oh my goodness, how did I miss this thread? :)

It's nice to know there are so many other Portuguese speakers here. I am from Brazil and have been in this forum for quite a while and I've never seen this many portuguese speakers through all that time. Yay :D lol

Lara.Jolie7
30-05-08, 16:47
Hey guys

a new community

Brasil-Portugual Tomb Raider Fans!

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/group.php?groupid=60

only Croft
16-06-08, 09:40
WUOT...finally a community yeah :tmb: