PDA

View Full Version : Women comes back to life!

kooky
22-05-08, 21:43
:yik:!

http://www.yahoo.com/s/886260

A West Virginian woman stuns doctors by waking up 18 hours after her brain stops.

ben croft
22-05-08, 21:44
:eek: OMFG

Titanium
22-05-08, 21:46
Zombie! :eek:

(Seriously... does this mean that other people whose brain has stopped, could also re-awaken?)

silver_wolf
22-05-08, 21:47
my thoughts exactly!

only Croft
22-05-08, 21:47
WHAT??????? How is that even possible??? With Rigor mortis already starting to set in....sounds a bit fishy

george_croft
22-05-08, 21:50
Amazing!http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

remote91
22-05-08, 21:50
That's incredible.

What if she's all ****ed at them because they took her off life support? :p

MoonSword
22-05-08, 21:52
:confused:

stereopathic
22-05-08, 21:54
remove the head or destroy the brain.

McGloomy
22-05-08, 21:57
It's a miracle. :rolleyes:

tlr online
22-05-08, 22:03
:yik:!

http://www.yahoo.com/s/886260

A West Virginian woman stuns doctors by waking up 18 hours after her brain stops.

Woah. The ramifications of that are truly mind-blowing.

krycekuva
22-05-08, 22:04
its not the first time people come back to like, or wake up after presumably being dead...

taken from wiki

Unintentional

At least one report of accidental burial goes back to the 13th century. Revivals have been triggered by dropped coffins, grave robbers, embalming, and attempted dissections. Fearing premature burial, George Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington), on his deathbed, made his servants promise not to bury him until three days after his death.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)] Patients in the 1990s have been documented as accidentally being bagged, trapped in a steel box, or sent to the morgue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgue).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premature_burial#cite_note-snopes-0)
Count Karnice-Karnicki (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Count_Karnice-Karnicki&action=edit&redlink=1) of Belgium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgium) patented a rescue device in 1897, which mechanically detected chest movement to trigger a flag, lamp, bell, and fresh air. Along similar lines, in Great Britain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain) various systems were developed to save those buried alive, including breakable glass panels in the coffin lid and pulley systems which would raise flags on the surface (without air supply, as in the Italian model, this naturally would be useless without vigilant guards above ground). In 1995, an Italian coffin manufacturer introduced a model with a beeper and intercom system. These are all examples of safety coffins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_coffin).
Statistics show that one in twenty coffins from the sixteenth century exhibit scratch marks from the inside, indicating an alarmingly high rate of premature burial.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

:)

Titanium
22-05-08, 22:06
Statistics show that one in twenty coffins from the sixteenth century exhibit scratch marks from the inside, indicating an alarmingly high rate of premature burial.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

Must of been so horrible to been buried alive. :(

Nausinous
22-05-08, 22:07
I hope to god I have a funeral with an open coffin and scare teh **** out of my family :D

remote91
22-05-08, 22:07
The whole waking up in your coffin things just freaks me out, its probably my biggest fear and I feel so badly for those people that it happened to.

Why did you have to post that Krycekuva! :p

Bumio
22-05-08, 22:10
yeah, heard about this, that person can still come back to life. amazing :tmb:

Benguitar
22-05-08, 22:11
"God"

Is my answer to why/how she came back from the dead.

Nausinous
22-05-08, 22:13
"God"

Is my answer to why/how she came back from the dead.

*Cocks an eyebrow* ...Or science. Oh it's really rare so lets put it down to God :rolleyes: I'm not dismissing God as a possibility because I love and respect the being that is but we've progressed a bit further than that these days.

Have you heard of the wheel?

Benguitar
22-05-08, 22:15
*Cocks an eyebrow* ...Or science. Oh it's really rare so lets put it down to God :rolleyes: I'm not dismissing God as a possibility because I love and respect the being that is but we've progressed a bit further than that these days.

Ok...

I am not doing this again..

Nausinous
22-05-08, 22:15
Ok...

I am not doing this again..

I win!

Good :mis:

:off: ... Back on to it, I think I may make a request for people to wait a while before they decide I'm dead *looks sheepish*

stereopathic
22-05-08, 22:17
nvm

Grenade
22-05-08, 22:19
Wow this is quite a shock! I'm glad she came back to life too.

tombraiderluka
22-05-08, 22:20
Stunning :yik:

ben croft
22-05-08, 22:21
You know the drill. Shoot in the head. :D Maybe those in hell didn't like her much... :whi:

Kidding...

:wve:

nicola1986
22-05-08, 22:21
Woah! Unreal :eek:

One of my biggest fears is coming back to life in my coffin or something!

Cochrane
22-05-08, 22:22
In the 19th century, when criteria for death weren't clearly defined yet, that was a different issue, but today? That's indeed very strange.

That being said, it's the edges of the bell curves that get featured in the news and there are quite a lot people on earth, so I see no reason to think of anything supernatural.

Benguitar
22-05-08, 22:23
You know the drill. Shoot in the head. :D Maybe those in hell didn't like her much... :whi:

Kidding...

:wve:

lol ;) :vlol:

Quasimodo
22-05-08, 22:28

Why are so many atheists so hateful toward God(and any praise toward God)? Science can't yet explain everything, you know.

kooky
22-05-08, 22:34
Why are so many atheists so hateful toward God(and any praise toward God)? Science can't yet explain everything, you know.

Because many Atheists/Agnostics believe that science can prove that the existence of God is obsolete.

Geck-o-Lizard
22-05-08, 22:36
Actually, no. Science is based upon falsifiable evidence, meaning that anything it proves should have the capability to be disproved by something else (eg. gravity is a falsifiable theory because it would be disproved if we all started floating away from the earth).
God and other myths and fairy-tales are unfalsifiable, and can't be disproved by science. I refer you to Russell's Teapot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot).

How was Nausinous' post "hateful atheist"?

Perhaps science can't yet explain everything, but that's no reason to start looking for other explanations. This incident seems entirely biological to me; something happened that caused this lady's body to react as if it had died when it hadn't. Why can't we find out what that was without bringing religion into it?

Nausinous
22-05-08, 22:37

Quasi I'm not an atheist :ohn: I happen to love him very much and pray to him but it doesn't mean that I explain everything that my brain can't comprehend with his exsistence!

Cristina
22-05-08, 22:37
OMG! how this is possible?:yik:

Quasimodo
22-05-08, 22:40
Quasi I'm not an atheist :ohn: I happen to love him very much and pray to him but it doesn't mean that I explain everything that my brain can't comprehend with his exsistence!

OK, I get you now :o

I'm not sure if what happened to that woman is a miracle, either - rather it shows how much we still don't know about death.

ajrich17901
22-05-08, 22:41
OMG this is truly amazing and scary at the same time

Obscure
22-05-08, 22:42
I read a book named: Human Beings and there was a story in there about a woman who had been diagnosed with a brain tumour, she was given a date to come in to have it removed/healed when she was scanned a week before the surgery and it had vanished and it never came back, ever :wve:
There's lots of interesting stories in there, such as the blind woman who regained her sight after hitting her head after falling on the coffee table and the baby that survived a termination, even the boy who fell pregnant :pi:
Miracles happen everyday, but I'm not saying that in a religious context nor am I getting into the religion vs science debate that's going on but all I am saying is that mysterious things happen, for paranormal reasons or scientific. Who knows?
But that story is very enlightning, I bet her family feel so proud :hug:

stereopathic
22-05-08, 22:45
I read a book named: Human Beings and there was a story in there about a woman who had been diagnosed with a brain tumour, she was given a date to come in to have it removed/healed when she was scanned a week before the surgery and it had vanished and it never came back, ever :wve:
There's lots of interesting stories in there, such as the blind woman who regained her sight after hitting her head after falling on the coffee table and the baby that survived a termination, even the boy who fell pregnant :pi:
Miracles happen everyday, but I'm not saying that in a religious context nor am I getting into the religion vs science debate that's going on but all I am saying is that mysterious things happen, for paranormal reasons or scientific. Who knows?
But that story is very enlightning, I bet her family feel so proud :hug:

sounds like a cool book, Obscure. do you remember who wrote it?

nicola1986
22-05-08, 22:45
I bet they are ecstatic, I can't imagine it being my mother! I'd have fainted.

Obscure
22-05-08, 22:51
sounds like a cool book, Obscure. do you remember who wrote it?

I'll go and find it :wve:

lucylove
22-05-08, 22:52
well, for you Torchwood fans, poor Jack Harkness spent two thousand years buried alive!

Oh yeah, that's not real.. ahem...

incredible story.

ajrich17901
22-05-08, 22:52
I bet they are ecstatic, I can't imagine it being my mother! I'd have fainted.

I think i would have fainted also my heart couldnt take this stuff O.O

Archetype
22-05-08, 22:57
I've heard stuff about this recently, people who have recently been pronounced deceased and have all of a sudden come back to life. Longest one i heard of was about 4 days.

ajrich17901
22-05-08, 23:00
I've heard stuff about this recently, people who have recently been pronounced deceased and have all of a sudden come back to life. Longest one i heard of was about 4 days.

So theyll come back alive but wont live long after?

Archetype
22-05-08, 23:06
they're still alive afaik :P

1 was a 3 month old baby

TRLegendLuver
22-05-08, 23:09
It's a miracle. :rolleyes:

Its true, it is a miracle. She wasn't meant to pass away during that time, and many people who are in acoma, or are considered a "vegetable" or brain-dead, there not. They can hear you talk to them, but they just can't answer you.

Wow ! That is amazing. :D

Mr.Burns
22-05-08, 23:10
Interesting.

Lara.Jolie7
22-05-08, 23:12
wow
scary

TRLegendLuver
22-05-08, 23:13
wow
scary

What's scary is Mr. Burn's avatar picture. haha
Just kidding. :D

Sir Croft
22-05-08, 23:22
Just one more proof that our body is a very complex and unstable system.

SamReeves
22-05-08, 23:34
Wow. God works when you're least expecting it!

Sweets
22-05-08, 23:35

very true

Benguitar
23-05-08, 00:10

Agree!!!! :D

ajrich17901
23-05-08, 00:18

I lost my faith awhile ago but this is realy havin me believin again..

Encore
23-05-08, 00:21

Or maybe He just didn't like her face and decided to send her back :whi:

Twilight
23-05-08, 00:21
yep, shows you how much doctors know.

ajrich17901
23-05-08, 00:23
Or maybe He just didn't like her face and decided to send her back :whi:

Wow thats kinda mean:smk:

Benguitar
23-05-08, 00:37
Wow thats kinda mean:smk:

Yeah... Just a little.

(sarcastic)

I have heard of this type of thing happening before to so I am not THAT surprised.

oocladableeblah
23-05-08, 00:49
Holy crap that is amazing, and wow I can't image waking up in a coffin. I remember seeing on Mythbusters that back whenever we didn't really have the technology to tell whether people are dead or not the there would be a bell with a string that would go into the coffin and if the person woke up they could pull the string ringing the bell for help.

Admles
23-05-08, 01:14
*yawns*

Its not a miracle, its just nature

Sweets
23-05-08, 01:57
*yawns*

Its not a miracle, its just nature

Lovely attitude you have :rolleyes:

Admles
23-05-08, 02:38
Without a doubt :D

I just have no belief in god / supernatural / miracles etc

2kool4u
23-05-08, 04:29
She may suffer from serious brain damage. 18 hours without oxygen to the brain :confused:

Lara Coft Baby
23-05-08, 04:51
holy.......Wow thats amazing :eek:

ajrich17901
23-05-08, 05:18
Without a doubt :D

I just have no belief in god / supernatural / miracles etc

well obviously

Angelx14
23-05-08, 06:03
Clinical death? Well, it still is a miracle. =] If she has a family, then I'm happy for them.

rowanlim
23-05-08, 07:02
OMFG that's crazy...really cool! :eek: :D

Naomichi
23-05-08, 07:10
yep, shows you how much doctors know.

Yes... Because without modern medicine and the Doctors who prescribe it everything would just be SO much better!!

Orionvalentine
23-05-08, 07:26
Looks like we're in for a zombie outbreak then :cln:

*Sigh* I'll grab my broom handle...

hera7days
23-05-08, 07:51
First, this. is. amazing.

Second, speaking as an atheist, I like to think this isn't a miracle. If it can be explained, then maybe we can understand it well enough to save more lives in the future. But, hypothetically, if it's just the will of some god, then too bad! It's out of our control. Sorry if that sounds stupid.

McGloomy
23-05-08, 07:53
This attitude seems pretty reasonable. Just keep watching after the video is over. The next report is about a young woman being raped and murdered...

I just want to say that I'm happy that she came back to life when the odds very pretty low. I was hit by a car a few weeks ago and I got through it amazingly unharmed. Do I expect everyone to call it a miracle and praise God for it? No, I don't. I just feel a very strong gratefulness and happiness about the fact I'm still here, and if there's a God out there, I can't really complain. ;)

Beanz
23-05-08, 10:26
...wow :eek:

Drone
23-05-08, 10:45
creepy even tho there're so many walking braindead

Lara Croft Fan Joe
23-05-08, 10:47
This isnt too rare, some people do come back after clinical death. I wounder if she had a near-death experience?

ajrich17901
23-05-08, 11:36
Yes... Because without modern medicine and the Doctors who prescribe it everything would just be SO much better!!

Actualy alot of people would be better off, seems doctors have a pill for everything.

Naomichi
23-05-08, 11:43
Actualy alot of people would be better off, seems doctors have a pill for everything.

Sure... What say we go and check out the average life expectancy of people now, as opposed to those of say... 200 years ago?

'a lot' of people might be better off, but a WHOLE lot more would be FAR worse off.

touchthesky
23-05-08, 11:59
This attitude seems pretty reasonable. Just keep watching after the video is over. The next report is about a young woman being raped and murdered...

I just want to say that I'm happy that she came back to life when the odds very pretty low. I was hit by a car a few weeks ago and I got through it amazingly unharmed. Do I expect everyone to call it a miracle and praise God for it? No, I don't. I just feel a very strong gratefulness and happiness about the fact I'm still here, and if there's a God out there, I can't really complain. ;)

You are a miracle.

:ohn:

lol.

Anyway, pretty cool story there

tomblover
23-05-08, 12:15
God here and God there. I'm so annoyed with Americans saying something like "Oh, I'm blessed by God." when they win a spelling bee or something. :hea:(Sorry, random thought.)

That's scary though. :eek:

CerebralAssassin
23-05-08, 13:43
it's a miracle :cln:

CroftScionGuard
23-05-08, 15:42
This only shows how stubborn women are :whi:

McGloomy
23-05-08, 17:53
I love the way everyone here is either...

...amazed by the miracle and slightly Christian
...someone with a very dark, amusing humour :D