PDA

View Full Version : What do you miss from you childhood?

JinSlayer
23-05-08, 19:05
Even though most of you are children here anyway :p

No but seriously what do you miss?

Simplicity
Classic cartoons
Responsibility for nothing
Non-existent desire for sex
Getting away with anything
Playgrounds (swings, slides)
Sweets...

?

patriots88888
23-05-08, 19:07
Being young again. :p
You're fourth choice is what actually scares me the most in getting old. :vlol:

EgyptianSoul
23-05-08, 19:08
Actually I wish I could be born again and relive my childhood so I could stop certain things from happening. Most of my memories of childhood are bad ones. (Bullying, sexual abuse and so on). Maybe if those things hadn't happened, I might be more normal now.

Drone
23-05-08, 19:12
My grandparents
My summer
My youth
My simplicity
My careless days
My careless thoughts
My careless words
Walking and running with endlessly restless feet
My neverending stamina

that's it

Vertigo
23-05-08, 19:14
I didn`t know there is faschism, religion (and religion conflicts), and I didn`t need money. Also I didn`t know about 80% of population which dumb and all those guys who look at me with rolling eyes when I talk about The Doors and Remarque.

remote91
23-05-08, 19:15
Decent cartoons.
Doing nothing all day and not worrying about tomorrow.
Not having to be responsible.

tampi
23-05-08, 19:23
My grandparents
My summer
My youth
My simplicity
My careless days
My careless thoughts
My careless words
Walking and running with endlessly restless feet
My neverending stamina

that's it

Yeah It looks like you're in the deathbed :D

possibly, the most, the most,....summer time..... :(:(:( 3 months playing and do NOTHING! :(

....and my skin :cln::cln:

http://i25.************/10z8rgo.jpg:p

digitizedboy
23-05-08, 19:24
I miss...Just being a kid (say like mid teens) and not having to have the responsibilities or worries that I have to have now.

I would say some of the vacations too, when I used to travel to places and seeing those places for the first time ever. I made a few friends too then.

Drone
23-05-08, 19:26
Yeah It looks like you're in the deathbed :D

you wish but I'm still gonna rock :col:

ShadyCroft
23-05-08, 19:28
Honestly, nothing. :o

Bumio
23-05-08, 19:28
i miss school, i miss those days when parents used to take care of everything, i miss playing with other children outside and playing with dolls :p

Dakaruch
23-05-08, 19:29
What i miss the most is the lack of responsibilities... When you're a kid everything is simple. When you are an adult, it seems that the weight of the world is upon you, due to all the responsibilities that you have.
The vacations were nice too... Lots of months without doing anything. Nowadays even when i am on vacations i have to study. :hea:

Tina Croft
23-05-08, 19:31
(maybe this will end up in a sad thread)

i miss everything of my early life before i had to go to play school and normal school.

for example:
my beauty
my innocence
the attitude and love of my parents at that time
the walkings to the wood with my father and brother
the kindness and normality when he wasn't addicted to drugs
the youth of my parents
the happyness and the way i were before all those bad things happened
my best friends of that time
to live without worries

(Bullying, sexual abuse and so on). Maybe if those things hadn't happened, I might be more normal now.

i'm so sorry for you. :( but i really know what you mean.

Rexie
23-05-08, 19:32
I want to get everything back... My aunt(dads side), my godfather (before he married his third wife, the aunt that I hate), my life, everything that was before.

That I wouldn't have any problems, not just sit here, with bad eyes, brain problems and somekind of problem with my legs. I wish I could get back that I went out more. Nothing more.

ajrich17901
23-05-08, 19:36
Nothing my childhood sucked im happy with my life now

FAN_NO_1
23-05-08, 20:15
My family,s LOVE. :(
Alas ! I am very alone.:o

Drone
23-05-08, 20:19
Damn forgot to say: Air It was much fresher then

FAN_NO_1
23-05-08, 20:28
When i was a child everyone (Famliy) loves me,my family belongs to old traditions and culture but i belongs to modren world,i wanna be best skydiver of the world.So that,s why my family don't love me now.What is my sin,what is my mistake ?Ahhhhhhh:o

Angel666
23-05-08, 20:36
I miss believing that my parents were right and infallible. Now I can barely stand being in the same room sometimes. I miss not realizing that people are messed up.

Tyrannosaurus
23-05-08, 20:40
Being able to play with toys without shame.

Being able to search for creatures and catch them without shame.

~*~Chloe~*~
23-05-08, 20:41
Playing with dolls houses. I still love it now.

Waking up in the middle of the night and having my mum there.

Shrantellatessa
23-05-08, 21:14
I think it hurts to reply to this thread :o

Blue_light
23-05-08, 22:21
for me, a "stress free" school (just to think I didn't have philosophy at that time..:rolleyes:). That's all I can think of now.

MiCkiZ88
23-05-08, 22:47
Our large two storey house and yard
My pets
My own floor
My friends
Tv shows/Cartoons
My acne free skin >_<
My neighbours
The whole freaking neighbourhood. It feels so painful to drive past that neighbourhood now, and seeing how things have changed there. Our old house is still intact, and it still is the largest (and now the most luxurious) house in the whole neighborhood. *sigh* *is annoyed at mom for doing something stupid*

Benguitar
23-05-08, 22:56
Acne Free Skin (Thankfully that will go away in time)

School was a lot easier back then
Freedom...

(I was going to say something about girls but when I think of it, they didn't like me then and they still don't like me now...)

My Innocence

For now that is all I can think of...

Hybrid Soldier
23-05-08, 22:58
It wasn't that long ago but..

- Always watching cartoons on T.V
- Being care/stress-free
- Makings friends with pretty much everyone
- How the little things made me happy
- Funny moments that happened when with friends
- Always looking forward to the next day since it was always something new

ben croft
23-05-08, 22:59
Nothing to worry about!!! :D

:wve:

Real Life Raider
23-05-08, 23:07
My childhood was quite a long time ago.....

But I miss:

Having bags of energy

Finding things astonishing that now I take for granted

My good looks (I was a cute kid)

My Father and my Grandfather. They were true to earth Pagans and taught me how to relate to the world.

Forwen
23-05-08, 23:40
Looking back at four previous years and realising they accounted for half of my life. Nah not really I didn't realise it back then.

Adults and children grossly misunderstand each other. Adults have this overwhelming frustration-fueled habit to look at childhood as some sort of perpetual bliss, usually using words children themselves would never use (innocence) and taking it out on the children themselves, coining some sort of non-existent childhood fantasy world. As if they completely forgot - or, more probably, chose to forget - that most probably as kids they dreamt of nothing more than growing up, and it gets even better when you remember that what kids dream of is lack of control = freedom, while adults lack of stress = freedom. It's a vicious cycle I consider not worth my brain circuitry, so I don't engage in it.

My childhood years were unremarkable to rather bad, but I'm still a child in many ways really. I hold onto my childhood dreams for one. And I love climbing stuff.

ECB
24-05-08, 00:00
The GOOD Disney movies! :D

Twilight
24-05-08, 00:00
hmm...maybe the living room and view of outside. other than that, ive still retained much of how i was/thought/saw. i look back on memories with a smile and glad ive grown and learned. for the experiences and knowledge only get better :)

patriots88888
24-05-08, 00:06
^ @Twilight: Sorry if mods see this as spam, but i had to say that your avatar is incredible. Did you design that yourself? It's beautiful. I guess i never noticed it before. lol. :tmb:

Lenochka
24-05-08, 00:14
The endless hours out in the fields behind my house with friends.
Dancing around in the rain to Britney's first album with the neighbors :3
Recess during elementary school.
How the currency for anyone grades 1-5 were pokemon cards instead of coins or dollars :p

etc. etc.

I miss it all :(

Laurencarter
24-05-08, 19:55
No school
No Tests
No Exams
No projects
No Drivers licence tests which currently keeps me from sleeping.

Kerrigan
24-05-08, 20:17
Being acceptable to play with toys.
Havin all the time in the world.I barely had the notion of time.
Not getting that horrible sensation on Sundays.
Never worrying about anything.

Needless to say, life was much simpler then.

Voni
24-05-08, 20:19
My childhood was pretty naff, I'd rather not have that back. I'd rather be able to reclaim my mid teens and live them properly, rather than having to be a mini adult.

TRexbait
26-05-08, 02:13
Nothing! I'm not an adult yet. :jmp:

Tyrannosaurus
26-05-08, 02:20
Looking back at four previous years and realising they accounted for half of my life. Nah not really I didn't realise it back then.

Adults and children grossly misunderstand each other. Adults have this overwhelming frustration-fueled habit to look at childhood as some sort of perpetual bliss, usually using words children themselves would never use (innocence) and taking it out on the children themselves, coining some sort of non-existent childhood fantasy world. As if they completely forgot - or, more probably, chose to forget - that most probably as kids they dreamt of nothing more than growing up, and it gets even better when you remember that what kids dream of is lack of control = freedom, while adults lack of stress = freedom. It's a vicious cycle I consider not worth my brain circuitry, so I don't engage in it.

My childhood years were unremarkable to rather bad, but I'm still a child in many ways really. I hold onto my childhood dreams for one. And I love climbing stuff.

Brilliantly put. I'll never understand those people who remember childhood as an idyllic time. I was dead and dreaming. It sucks being a sensitive adult. What about being a sensitive child? I don't know which is worse. I still fantasize about dismembering all of those *******s who gave me hell in middle school.

I sure as hell hope the best years are ahead, though.

matrix54
26-05-08, 02:57
just being a child in general. goodbye, youth:(

Twilight
26-05-08, 03:08
^ @Twilight: Sorry if mods see this as spam, but i had to say that your avatar is incredible. Did you design that yourself? It's beautiful. I guess i never noticed it before. lol. :tmb:

thank you. i browsed the internet and found it. i was looking for something with alot of color and can stare at without getting bored with it.

Sweets
26-05-08, 03:11
Being carefree and without worry
Acne Free Skin

spikejones
26-05-08, 03:14
I miss not having to work! But I do enjoy the freedom to do pretty much what ever I please nowadays!

Admles
26-05-08, 03:18
Not paying taxes!

ihatecold17
26-05-08, 03:36
Not having to worry about anything
No dramatic people at school
school being easy (even though i thought it was hard then)
Not having a job
Good TV shows
lack of responsibility
being able to sleep late
not having to take care of my body so much
being able to run foreverandeverandeverandever and not get tired
Simple fascinations (like bubbles)

Angelx14
26-05-08, 05:47
Everything.

Naomichi
26-05-08, 05:51
No taxes.
Not having to work.
Not having to cook.
Being able to spend hours watching tv/playing games.
Being able to sleep for more than five hours a night.

KurtisLonely
26-05-08, 06:10
nothing much, my childhood is ruined by school... and bullies.... ugh >.> and now my teenhood is being ruined by parents (< who are basically bullies too )>_>

Azerutan
26-05-08, 20:36
nothing

da tomb raider!
26-05-08, 20:37
Fun?

TR93
26-05-08, 20:39
nothing much, my childhood is ruined by school... and bullies.... ugh >.> and now my teenhood is being ruined by parents (< who are basically bullies too )>_>

my childhood still is being ruined by School and Bullies.My teen years are just starting( 14), and yet it's being ruined by the stupid kids at my school who consider make up and the latest stuff as more important than what they do with their life.

Gregori
26-05-08, 20:45
youth

Angelus
26-05-08, 20:51
I miss not having responsibilities, or not having to worry about money. And good cartoon and kid's shows...

Encore
26-05-08, 23:43
Having fun with friends. I completely lost that when I turned teenager.

digitizedboy
27-05-08, 00:31
^ God, I know what you mean. :s

lara is mine
27-05-08, 01:17
i miss watching blues clues and barney :cool:

digitizedboy
27-05-08, 01:49
I miss a few things from by chilhood. made me laugh underneath, barney.

seriously thogh, I've got a drink and depression problem, i want some help, everyone ignores me all the time.. When you wake up in the morning,m there's so much emptiness, it's even worse than being drunk. But you're not "Alive" when you're drunk. :(

TheStoryteller
27-05-08, 09:25
simple:

the lack of responsibility and all those first-time experiences :)

I wouldnt want to go back though. all good things must come to an end.

rickybazire
27-05-08, 09:53
The ability to do pretty much anything without getting into too much trouble, now that I'm older, I get in trouble for doing so, lol.

:D

Drone
27-05-08, 10:22
I miss my simple past

lisa_croft
27-05-08, 10:26
I miss not having responsibilities, or not having to worry about money.

Ditto

Nannonxyay
27-05-08, 10:39
Not having to worry about what I look like, and what the days will bring. The feeling on no fear. And, my innocent imagination.

rowanlim
27-05-08, 11:58
1. Free from responsibility
2. Less worries
3. Less flab (haha :p)

Ikas90
27-05-08, 13:40
Happiness
No stress
Good times with my friends
Funny moments

The best thing about childhood really, is that you think there's no problems in this world, which is why you're so happy. When you grow, you start having problems. You have to work yourself at becoming economically independant.

jarekhanzelka
27-05-08, 13:41
I really miss being slim. As a child I was slim. Now I'm obese. But I'm working on it pretty hard, so maybe...

TRfan23
27-05-08, 13:44
Having the fun I had when playing the old games, my primary school, with all my old friends. The enjoyment I used to have, compared to now I get not as much :(

Nausinous
27-05-08, 15:16
Getting away with kissing straight boys because they didn't think it was wrong at the age we were at :D

Rivendell
27-05-08, 15:20
School.

:wve:

jarhead
27-05-08, 16:06
No pressures at all, and eating salad and watching neighbours before playschool :D

touchthesky
27-05-08, 16:51
No worries.

How easy making friends was.

Pogs.

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-08, 16:56
Less responsibility, carefree, not a worry in the world.