PDA

View Full Version : Attending a Greek wedding....

illuminati30
25-05-08, 14:28
And no idea what to wear! I am going to Crete next week, to attend a Greek wedding. Can anyone from Greece advise me what to wear? Shirt and tie and jacket and trousers?? Jeez i am gonna roast!

Also, what can i expect a Greek wedding to be like? Any good gift ideas?

Thanks folks. :)

dream raider
25-05-08, 14:32
Shirt, tie, jacket and trousers are fine. ;) You're not going to Mars, don't worry. :p

A Greek wedding... lots of food, lots of people, em...

Gifts? Well, how about a new car? :p

illuminati30
25-05-08, 14:33
:vlol: A new car ! I think not, i don't even know these people! They are my friends friends. lol i know it's not mars, been to Greece before, i totally love it there, and the people, but i am scared i will be really really hot in that outfit!

Lara Croft!
25-05-08, 14:35
It's gonna be pretty hot, so it's best to wear a shirt, preferable short-sleeved and a nice pair of pants. Don't forget your sunglasses. Since it's a wedding your clothes should preferaly be light coloured. A white shirt and black pants, or beige would be great. About the gift, an electric appliance is always useful. Have a great time!

dream raider
25-05-08, 14:37
:vlol: A new car ! I think not, i don't even know these people! They are my friends friends. lol i know it's not mars, been to Greece before, i totally love it there, and the people, but i am scared i will be really really hot in that outfit!

No need to boast, I'm sure you think you're HOT - no need for us to know that. :rolleyes:

I'm joking. :p

Well, you can dump the tie and jacket and still look appropriate I guess. :)

illuminati30
25-05-08, 14:38
Thanks guys. I really can not wait to get to Greece again, it is my favorite country in the world! In saying that, i have not been to many, but I am sure it always will be lol I find the Greek people great. Very down to earth, and friendly, and also sexy :D

No need to boast, I'm sure you think you're HOT - no need for us to know that. :rolleyes:

I'm joking. :p

:vlol:

I will try and get a picture :)

xXhayleyroxXx
25-05-08, 14:45
o wow thats sounds exciting :)
i love greece as well, although iv only been to kefalonia (one of the islands).
the beaches were amazing!

dream raider
25-05-08, 14:48
I will try and get a picture :)

I will be waiting. ;)

Hope you have fun next week. :)

illuminati30
25-05-08, 14:56
Hope you have fun next week. :)

I always have fun! You only get one shot at life!

Endow
25-05-08, 16:17
Smoke some pot before venturing on. Strange phenomenons await you....

illuminati30
25-05-08, 16:27
What like?

Forwen
25-05-08, 16:29
Greek yoghurt!!!

illuminati30
25-05-08, 16:31
If I wear Greek Yogurt, it will melt :p

Lara Croft!
26-05-08, 11:27
I really can not wait to get to Greece again, it is my favorite country in the world! I find the Greek people great. Very down to earth, and friendly, and also sexy :D

That's so sweet! You're making me feel even more proud of my country! Don't forget your bathing suit and your sun block! And a heat wave is about to come to Greece, so bring your lightest clothes with you, but also a jacket or two for the chilly nights! Eat souvlaki, drink ouzo or tsipouro, if you're into strong, clean alcohol and have a great time!

Another Lara
26-05-08, 12:51
I'm in Crete at the moment, although I go home to the UK tomorrow which is the most depressing thing I have experienced this year... if I could I would not go back home ever, love it here so much!:(

Am hoping to move over here soon... Once I learn how to drive I will be looking for a job and an apartment... any Cretians on here, you're help would be truly appreciated!;)

The temperature is 35 degrees at the mo, so is a bit too hot for me and I'm in my bikini, so I could not imagine how hot it would be to attend a wedding in this weather... I spose it would have to be airy light clothing and just make sure you stay in the shade!

Hope you have a great time!:)

Lara Croft!
26-05-08, 17:07
I spose it would have to be airy light clothing and just make sure you stay in the shade!

U got that right! Are u Greek in origin, then?

dream raider
26-05-08, 17:16
That's so sweet! You're making me feel even more proud of my country! Don't forget your bathing suit and your sun block! And a heat wave is about to come to Greece, so bring your lightest clothes with you, but also a jacket or two for the chilly nights! Eat souvlaki, drink ouzo or tsipouro, if you're into strong, clean alcohol and have a great time!

Wow! LOL! You're going to make him 100% Greek if he follows your advice! :p ;)

Another Lara
27-05-08, 09:22
U got that right! Are u Greek in origin, then?

No I just come here alot... been coming to Crete twice a year for the last 4 years, and I never get sick of it, hence looking for a job and a place out here... thinking tour guide is the way to go work wise for me as I know most of the sites and museums now like the back of my hand; plus my archaeology degree and my "know-it-all" attitude about Greek archaeology would make me good at the job, lol!:p

I do actually get mistaken for Greek as I'm quite dark (my dad's the same) but I have Anglo Saxon origins... although there might be some Italian on my dad's side somewhere down the line...:rolleyes: