PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Job offer in a hotel!!!!!!!!

amerater18inco
25-05-08, 23:38
Hi everyone :)

I have a job offer in a hotel to work as a "Front Office Agent". I dont know what that exactely means. Could anyone help me telling me what is it to be an agent in a Front Office? Like a job description? What an agent do ...

I appreciate your help and forgive my ignorance in this :hug:

jamieoliver22
25-05-08, 23:40
Ask you employee? It is there job to tell you what it will involve and what you will need to do. They should give you a description of the job before you do it.

Admles
25-05-08, 23:40
From google:

In this role you will be responsible for managing accommodation bookings, check in/outs, reconciliation of accounts, caring for guest needs, balancing of daily takings and general reception duties.

Your ability to work unsupervised, superior customer service skills, excellent phone manner, attention to detail and time management will combine to bring you success in this role.

Paperdoll
25-05-08, 23:56
From google:

In this role you will be responsible for managing accommodation bookings, check in/outs, reconciliation of accounts, caring for guest needs, balancing of daily takings and general reception duties.

Your ability to work unsupervised, superior customer service skills, excellent phone manner, attention to detail and time management will combine to bring you success in this role.

Yes it's that more or less. It's basically reception work me thinks... really depends on the hotel. Some have a different department for reservations and such while others keep everything in the reception.

Capt. Murphy
26-05-08, 13:03
I've worked as a "Front Desk Clerk" for over 10 (long) years.:( I'm a Night Auditor -by the way. :rolleyes:

Once you learn how the front desk (operating) system works, all the little things you'll need to remember - such as; collecting the right amount of cash from cash guests that will cover their Room/Accomodation Charges and tax, plus any additional fees such as (returnable) Security Deposits, fees for Rollaway beds, pets, or other "incidentals"....

Never ever give out a guests name or their Room number to just anyone. You may call the guest, let them know that (say).... "This is the Front Desk, I'm calling to let you that 'So-n-So' is here, shall I send them to your room?"

Never ever say out loud a guest's Room Number when handing them their (Electronic) Key Card. I always point to the written number on the key card holder and say "I have you in this Room Number".

These are to protect the guest's Privacy.

Never give out Room Keys without proper ID or verification of said guests name and address (if they should conveniently forget their ID or leave their ID in their Room).

Always be friendly... If you're friendly - it's more likely the guest will be friendly back! :)

And always try to think of what the guest may need. If there are multiple people in their party/group, you could ask them how many keys they would need. Or if they have a small child (baby) and your hotel offers cribs (and they didn't ask for a crib) offer one to them.

Anytime you have any other questions or would like my advice - feel free to ask me. :D

edit: I was going to say... Once you get everything else down - the hardest part will be dealing with the customers.

lisa_croft
26-05-08, 14:13
From google:

Ever in doubt of anything, use google-best friend on the net :D