PDA

View Full Version : Life On Mars? The Phoenix Has Landed.

Real Life Raider
26-05-08, 00:23
That's what the latest NASA probe is looking for: not little green men but the basic fundamental conditions for life to exist on our red neighbour.

The Phoenix probe has landed on mars.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/space/05/25/mars.lander/index.html

If successful, the Life On Mars question could be answered once and for all.

patriots88888
26-05-08, 02:31
It will be interesting to see what their discoveries are. I am very interested in space exploration and i am all for it's continuation. Thnx for posting this Real Life Raider. :tmb:

rowanlim
26-05-08, 04:00
Wow...the results would be pretty interesting, even important, I recall that we want to establish a human colony on Mars :rolleyes:

2kool4u
26-05-08, 04:09
Why? So we can fight on mars again and just repeat history? Other than that. Seems cool :vlol:

KurtisLonely
26-05-08, 06:15
woohoo, and what if they find life? why is it so important? I don't care a **** about it actually. yes, there might be life, but so what? what are they gonna do then?

daventry
26-05-08, 06:52
Why are People convinced Mars has Life, what is so special about Mars.

You barely hear about other Planets, so why Mars.

Forwen
26-05-08, 07:58
woohoo, and what if they find life? why is it so important? I don't care a **** about it actually. yes, there might be life, but so what? what are they gonna do then?

Silly thing burn money on science eh?

Why are People convinced Mars has Life, what is so special about Mars.

Some conditions are comparable to Earth and Mars used to have much more volcanic activity. According to the interview I happened to read with one McKay, a scientist involved in that Phoenix project, the probe will be looking not necessarily for life itself but for fossils or frozen corpses as well.

patriots88888
26-05-08, 08:04
Silly thing burn money on science eh?

Easy for people of our generation to say. What about 100+ years from now? Maybe if we stop now, people at that time will wonder why and complain that we did. It's no different than the energy (oil and gasoline) squeeze so many of us are feeling now. We ask, "Why wasn't something done about this sooner." Just a thought. ;)

rickybazire
26-05-08, 08:17
I hope it all goes alright, it'll be interesting to hear what's out there.

Drone
26-05-08, 09:02
very important of course but maybe first we have to learn everything about our planet? :wve:

trXD
26-05-08, 09:33
So how many years until we get the results?

Nausinous
26-05-08, 10:18
I don't know how people can be so negative about finding out more about Mars, our planets expiry date is coming up in the next century or so, if we don't find an alternative we will become extinct :ohn:

Vertigo
26-05-08, 10:19
Great news! I believe in life on Mars since childhood

Forwen
26-05-08, 10:32
Just a thought. ;)

Was it directed at me though? I was being sarcastic :confused:

Gregori
26-05-08, 12:26
http://space.newscientist.com/data/images/ns/cms/dn13980/dn13980-2_516.jpg

The Great Chi
26-05-08, 14:18
I could have taken that picture, just a mile down the road from me, and saved NASA millions :vlol:

I still dont understand why they do not concentrate on the CYDONIAN PLAIN, where the face on mars, the trapisoidal pyramids, and the citidal is (fortified city).

NASA promised real time photos when they flew by there the last time, but they did not do so, and had time to filter the photos so they could hide the true pictures.

They just do not want people to know that civilisation was there centuries (millenia) ago, before the atmosphere went.

On the same subject the airless moon also contains many artifacts, like the Shard, the bridge, destroyed geodistic domes, etc, and again NASA do not want to show us these outposts.

Check these out on the internet, by puting in these key words... face on mars, the shard, cydonia.

It really makes me fume when real proof of the existance of other life out there, is so close, but evidence is withheld and worse, covered up.

I just do not trust NASA one bit.

a_pok
26-05-08, 14:32
well, i can only say that mars is the red dead planet for a reason, coz it is dead!
studies show that its core is similar to Earth's but instead Earth's is active while Mars' isn't, anymore, frozen CO2 found on the surface prouves that there was life on Mars but not any more, some sientists are concerned about Earth's futur, will we have the same fate?
moreover, i read an article once about a couple of planets which are, theoraticlyy, habitable, but they are not in our solar system, so if there is a chance of life other than earth it should be Glise 581 (b&c) ,which are the two planets.

Rexie
26-05-08, 14:51
*sigh* Phoenix get back to your cave NASA, stop watching Dragon Ball.

Seriously.

Dark Lugia 2
26-05-08, 15:06

Disection. :cln: LOL.

Awsome news! :D i'm all for space discoveries, hope they get new info on mars too :D

dream raider
26-05-08, 16:18
Maybe there is life underground, in Mars. Or maybe skeletons of those who lived there a long time ago. Who knows? I think Nasa know more than what they tell, but...

Curiosity killed the cat. ;)