PDA

View Full Version : downloading music??

a_pok
26-05-08, 15:04
anyone knows any sites to download music.
i used to use esnipes.com but their new policy!!!
i used my sister's just to download the songs but now i can't.

tlr online
26-05-08, 15:06
Sure.

www.itunes.com
www.napster.com

a_pok
26-05-08, 15:08
thanks, i'll try thous ASAP.

irjudd
26-05-08, 17:02
Actually I like to use Amazon (http://amazon.com) for MP3 downloads. A little cheaper than iTunes, and I have a vendetta against Apple (http://mac-sucks.com) so it all works out good. :D

digitizedboy
26-05-08, 17:05
legally or illegaly? lol

rapidshare? :s

TRfan23
26-05-08, 17:12
I thought downloading any music at all is illegal?
I'm surprised you can get TR music off http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com for free. Not to mention the cinematics. How come that's not illegal?

Larson_1988
26-05-08, 17:13
I thought downloading any music at all is illegal?

Not as long as you pay for it, and from legal sources.

Rexie
26-05-08, 17:14
Not as long as you pay for it, and from legal sources.

so that means, LimeWire is illegal?

Larson_1988
26-05-08, 17:14

Indeed it is.

TRfan23
26-05-08, 17:16

It wouldn't be illegal if people didn't share pirated music on there. If they just shared official non illegal music then it would be fine.

Jacen
26-05-08, 17:17

^That depends on where you live, not every government has the same laws concerning downloading...

TRfan23
26-05-08, 17:18
^That depends on where you live, not every government has the same laws concerning downloading...

What confuses me is what effects does downloading pirated music\vids actually do in reality?

Rexie
26-05-08, 17:19
^

you can get caught.

Tihocan9
26-05-08, 17:20
What confuses me is what effects does downloading pirated music\vids actually do in reality?

Its all about money, the people who made that music want to get paid for all their hard work, and they deserve the money and getting it free means they get nothing from that download.

Minty Mouth
26-05-08, 17:21

It is Stealing. Y'know, that thing you can go to Hell for.

Dark Lugia 2
26-05-08, 17:21

The companies/singers who produce these films/songs want to make money, and if your downloading them for free they dont get anything do they? :P

TRfan23
26-05-08, 17:23
Its all about money, the people who made that music want to get paid for all their hard work, and they deserve the money and getting it free means they get nothing from that download.

It is Stealing. Y'know, that thing you can go to Hell for.

I see now that's what it does then. Thank God I gave up.

Cog
26-05-08, 17:24
Well, guess i'll burn for an eternity in my afterlife then.
At least i'll have a nice company.

irjudd
26-05-08, 17:27
Actually there is nothing illegal about P2P software. Its what you choose to download or make available for download that is illegal.

zappo3000
26-05-08, 17:34
i just downloaded free napster for 7 days.
will it delete when the time is up?

digitizedboy
26-05-08, 17:45
some groups give their albums away "free" online, but I guess some other don't.

I think it depends really on yourself though, if you want to go and fork out 10+ for an album by all means, but sometimes it's easier to just get it jack free from the net. Personally myself, I'd rather listen to an album before I buy it. Shoot me for saying that if you want, but that's the way I am.

TRfan23
26-05-08, 17:49

I think it depends really on yourself though, if you want to go and fork out 10+ for an album by all means, but sometimes it's easier to just get it jack free from the net. Personally myself, I'd rather listen to an album before I buy it. Shoot me for saying that if you want, but that's the way I am.

If I had an album I'd stick it free online, as I have no interest in money.

Legends
26-05-08, 19:00

Yes, but only because someone isn't getting paid. In my opinion I think it's wrong to charge anything twice for the same file when the buyer wants to share. If that person wants to share, that is no other than that person business. Unfortunately, the government isn't getting enough money from us so they need to call that illegal too. After all, we need more taxes, and other stuff to pay for, we don't really pay for anything as it is. Stealing a CD from a store is illegal because that's not someone's to share, but that is not the same thing. And if I have bought a CD and my friend is asking me to borrow it, I can't charge anything. They are so out of line..

SamReeves
26-05-08, 19:05
I'll give a plug for Amazon and iTunes. Both have good selections. Sometimes one store will have an album online that the other doesn't. The download interface is pretty seamless for both.

Capt. Murphy
26-05-08, 19:16
I'll give a plug for Amazon and iTunes. Both have good selections. Sometimes one store will have an album online that the other doesn't. The download interface is pretty seamless for both.

I've used Amazon MP3 too. 2 songs were perfectly fine. But 5 others had some kind of problem. Some a lot. Others in only 1 or a few places. By "problem" I mean they had blips/beeps, and/or sound hiccups :mad: as if the songs were corrupted.

I notified customer service, they'd give me a credit for the messed up songs.

Someone told me that since I was using Dial-Up to download them - that was the main problem. Also, other programs could try to access the internet interupting the connection/Down Load and messing it up that way. :hea:

I guess it's good that they were all pretty much free. I got my first free when I signed up, the 2nd with Pepsi Points... Then another with Pepsi points - but this one was messed up. I was credited a $1.99 for that bad song - was able to DL 2 more, they too were bad, I told them about one of those and was credited .99 cents, DL'ed another, still bad, then I had 5 more Pepsi points and DL'ed my last one (probably ever). :(

Surely I can't have that much bad luck.:mad:

Not As We
26-05-08, 19:31

I'm the same, music is something which we have to be wary about as we all have different tastes, so it's stupid to assume just because some people like it that you will,

So before i buy any Cd i download it first, if i like it, then i'll buy it,
if i dislike it, then i've saved myself 10+

Larson_1988
26-05-08, 19:34
I would remove that link if i were you JinSlayer!

tlr online
26-05-08, 19:35
Please do not post links to illegal sites here. It's the quickest way to becoming an ex-member.

TRfan23
26-05-08, 19:36
Please do not post links to illegal sites here. It's the quickest way to becoming an ex-member.

As he says, otherwise this site could get into trouble!

Wow tlr, your pretty fast at catching up to posts, I'm impressed!

badboy70
26-05-08, 19:57
Yes, but only because someone isn't getting paid. In my opinion I think it's wrong to charge anything twice for the same file when the buyer wants to share. If that person wants to share, that is no other than that person business. Unfortunately, the government isn't getting enough money from us so they need to call that illegal too. After all, we need more taxes, and other stuff to pay for, we don't really pay for anything as it is. Stealing a CD from a store is illegal because that's not someone's to share, but that is not the same thing. And if I have bought a CD and my friend is asking me to borrow it, I can't charge anything. They are so out of line..
Yeah. Bu I read in a Dutch magazine that Torrents are in a way legal. You can download stuff from torrents but can't upload. So If you set your upload to 0 and download something then, technically speaking, you're doing a legal thing.
Which of course doesn't make sense cause Peer-2-Peer is illegal but torrents are in some way P2P too. =/

TRfan23
26-05-08, 21:15
Yeah. Bu I read in a Dutch magazine that Torrents are in a way legal. You can download stuff from torrents but can't upload. So If you set your upload to 0 and download something then, technically speaking, you're doing a legal thing.
Which of course doesn't make sense cause Peer-2-Peer is illegal but torrents are in some way P2P too. =/

That's because if you upload, then other people can download!
Make uploading illegal for things, then you can't download.

irjudd
26-05-08, 21:47
:hea:
Actually there is nothing illegal about P2P software. Its what you choose to download or make available for download that is illegal.

Drone
26-05-08, 21:53
I've never been bothered with downloading some music. Coz it's crap. Quality of actual cd is million times better than mp3,wma,ogg etc. So I've never wasted my time and traffic on that

p.s. neither of p2p software can be considered illegal. All p2p system is legal by itself

Dingaling
26-05-08, 21:56
:hea:

It always falls on deaf ears, I gave up trying to correct people on this a long time ago :(.

digitizedboy
26-05-08, 22:01
I've never been bothered with downloading some music. Coz it's crap. Quality of actual cd is million times better than mp3,wma,ogg etc. So I've never wasted my time and traffic on that

p.s. neither of p2p software can be considered illegal. All p2p system is legal by itself

I have to disagree, some of the quality is near perfect, especially if it's basically a rip from a CD.

irjudd
26-05-08, 22:04
It really depends on the bitrate. Anything below 192 is unacceptable.

TRfan23
26-05-08, 22:06
It really depends on the bitrate. Anything below 192 is unacceptable.

What exactly is bitrate?

irjudd
26-05-08, 22:10
Hmm... this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilobit_per_second) might help you understand telecommunications a little better.

domina
26-05-08, 22:33
It's not really a means of downloading, but Rhapsody is decent if you want to listen to music while at the computer. Unfortunately, you can only listen to twenty songs for free without a subscription over a period of time (I want to say 24 hours, but I can't remember).

Trevor_M92
26-05-08, 23:32
Hey F "illegal" downloads, lol. I've downloaded more pirated software than I've smuggled heroin and cocaine to my buyers back in '96. If you want a site to freely download songs instead of paying for 'em I recommend torrent sites, those are ones I go to. Or mp3raid.com, that's also a pretty useful site.

JinSlayer
26-05-08, 23:34

I'm sorry I didn't know. It won't happen again

TRfan23
26-05-08, 23:34
Hey F "illegal" downloads, lol. I've downloaded more pirated software than I've smuggled heroin and cocaine to my buyers back in '96. If you want a site to freely download songs instead of paying for 'em I recommend torrent sites, those are ones I go to. Or *******.com, that's also a pretty useful site.

Your such an ideot! Did you see what tlr online said? Or even have viewed the rules?
Besides spyware and viruses are your punishment! Hopefully you haven't got any Security! I'm an ex-pirated music player!
I just went on that site just to make sure, Pirated Tomb Raider music is on there! :mad: How dare they!