PDA

View Full Version : iPod help...

star girl
28-06-08, 13:12
My iTunes library is initially connected to my iPod nano. When I plug my new ipod classic to it, itunes reads it as a device - and a message comes that "get started with your new ipod". I click on "Register Later" and then an agreement comes, and I agree to it, but the options are only of "save" and "cancel". In save, basically, the whole document of their terms etc. is saved as a word file... How can I make my iTunes connect to my new iPod?

I use iTunes version 7. Also, another thing, I was able to copy the songs and videos to my new iPod, but I cant delete any of those.. And the songs copied themselves twice to the new iPod ... can anyone help? :(

ILLEGALL
28-06-08, 13:51
you have to register the ipod

NightWish
28-06-08, 14:48
lol! 2 ipod problems in one day! I had these little things! *shakes fist*

star girl
28-06-08, 17:15
aha... OK, thanks and I'll try that :)

you're right NW :)

EDIT = Noo damn.. now it only comes with the agreement... no options for registering..

Lew
28-06-08, 18:07
Try resetting the iPod Classic, I think its holding the menu button and the center button down for six seconds and then reconnect it.

star girl
28-06-08, 18:55
Nope, doesnt work...

and also, it's weird that my screen comes up like this, it wont scroll sideways...

http://i25.************/2rw70c9.jpg

any help?

spikejones
28-06-08, 19:22
damn I forget the process I used to do this setup properly on that womans machine. it is odd indeed that you cant scroll sideways.

Try to increase your desktop resolution to a higher one like 1152x864, I think there is another button on the right hand side of that screen that you can't see right now. When you adjust your resolution higher and maximize the window, you should see the whole message.

As per the issue of the songs being on there twice, I think there is an option on the main screen for your device that you can click to use as hard drive and be able to delete them that way. Not got too much experience with these things though and now all these troubles I see are making me think twice about getting one.

findme
29-06-08, 13:54
I think in that case if you can't scroll sideways, drag the little lines on the bottom right corner to resize/enlarge the iTunes window. Though I think clicking the Save button there would work.

Lew
29-06-08, 14:36
Can't you make your screen resolution bigger? I don't think iTunes supports such lower resolutions.

star girl
29-06-08, 17:11
Alright I changed the resolutoins, and it worked.. There was a sign of "Continue" that I kept on missing... Everything's OK now, thanks you all! :wve:

spikejones
29-06-08, 20:33
Try to increase your desktop resolution to a higher one like 1152x864, I think there is another button on the right hand side of that screen that you can't see right now. When you adjust your resolution higher and maximize the window, you should see the whole message.

:tmb::tmb::tmb:;)

star girl
30-06-08, 11:37
/\ Yeah that worked! :wve:

Thanks spike :)