PDA

View Full Version : Email Redirect

Tihocan9
03-07-08, 01:58
Hello, I use yahoo (free) email and just today it started happening that every time I open an email after about 2 seconds it will redirect to a white page, but the url address bar says the same thing after it is redirected (or whatever is happening) and at the bottom where it usually says what is loading it says js.worthathousandwords.com

Anyone know whats going on?

Thanks

spikejones
03-07-08, 02:16
all emails, or just certain ones?

it may be something encoded into the email (say a javascript redirect embeded into an HTML document type email)

Not sure if a virus or spyware could do something like that.

KC Mraz
03-07-08, 02:17
It's a redirect with javascript. You can see the problem by enter worthathousandwords.com:

We are aware of a problem with Firefox and Yahoo Mail.

There is no problem if you use an IE browser to read Yahoo Mail.
Also a temporary solution is to disable JavaScript in Firefox.

We apologize for the problem, it is not intentional.
We have contacted Yahoo and are trying to fix the issue with Firefox as quickly as possible.Until the problem is solved you'll need to use IE or disable javascript in Firefox.

spikejones
03-07-08, 03:09
*pats himself on the back*

Not a totally correct guess, but damn close.

Tihocan9
03-07-08, 06:07
It's a redirect with javascript. You can see the problem by enter worthathousandwords.com:

Until the problem is solved you'll need to use IE or disable javascript in Firefox.

Oh god, you wouldn't think of putting me through such agony would you!?!?!

Just kidding :p It seems to be only some of the emails (I think it is depending on what ads show up) so I will just disable java when i need to.

Thanks guys :hug:

EscondeR
03-07-08, 06:26
^ Cough... Don't like IE :mis: I understand :D

Use Opera 9.50 (http://www.opera.com/download/) :tmb:

Tihocan9
03-07-08, 14:03
^ Cough... Don't like IE :mis: I understand :D

Use Opera 9.50 (http://www.opera.com/download/) :tmb:

I might just look into that :) Thanks