A competition idea:

TOUR DE FORUM 2008,
---
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3042/inlogosr6nq1.jpg
---
Dear Tomb Raider fans,
Dear everyone else that opens this thread,

*INTRODUCTION
I present: "Tour De Forum". A grand art competition, divided in two parts. Every part is established in a few contests.
This competition will last for over 7 weeks.
One contest per week.
Please, if anyone wants a different timeprogram, thread me privately!
---
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3980/tdfuitlegdn8.png
---
*PARTICIPANTS
Schematicly i will present this tour.
As a foreword i tell that this Competition is meant for everyone who want some challange, and of course use their skills.
Drawers, writers, brainstormers, designers,... The type of Participant will be very varied.

*TOUR PROGRAMME
The image above presents a clear example of the competitionprogramme.
Now in details:

first month:
---COMPETITION 1: Image-design---
a) CARTOON CONTEST
Designe a cartoon or comic-story with subject: Tomb Raider.The Partipicant decides how many pages, story, sizes,... The important rule is: CARTONISTIC (loony). Also you may not use an existing Cartoon or comic, unless it is made by yourself. If it's suspicious, we will know that. further there are no rules (Except the size of the images, bud i don't decide that) Every tool allowed (computer, drawing,...)

b) CHARACTERS OF 'ToMb RaIdEr CONTEST
Designe the Characters of 'TOMB RAIDER' with you're imagination. You may not use complete existing 'Tomb Raider' WORDS. Existing Characters are allowed. Example of entry: three-dimensional characters, copy-paste,...). Also this image has to be at big size.
Every tool allowed (computer, drawing,...)

c) LARA LANDSCAPE CONTEST
Designe an image, whit Lara, AND a background or Landscape. Use you're imagination and fantasie to make it. It can be realistic, bud also Very surrealistic. Lara could be in action, bud also just be sleeping,... .You are very free what style you will use, and what tool you will use (computer, drawing,...)

d) TRAP CONTEST
Designe a trap For Lara! Make it as original as possible. It can wound Lara, but also make Lara dead,... These contest does not concern the beauty of the designe, but rather concerning the originality of the trap. present the trap schematicly, how you want it. Furthermore there are no rules. Remember: Make it clear, and maybe put an explanation on the image or on message-board too I repeat, A schematic sketch is necessary. Furthermore used tools, style,... is up to the Partipicant

second month:
---COMPETITION 2: Writing---

a) POEM-POETRY CONTEST
Write a poem, whit the subject: Tomb Raider. The Partipicant chooses how long, what technique, style,... he's going to use.Creativity and poetry are the most important things in this contest. A Poem presented in an image is NOT allowed. The winning goal is only focussed on the contents and goodness of the poem So remember: No unnecessary decoration!

b) STORY CONTEST
Write a story with the subject: Tomb Raider!
You could use a story that YOU already made, or make up something new As you probable know, existing stories are NOT allowed.
Example: A story, based on Tomb Raider AOD,...
Bud your own fantasie can be very usefull
If you wrote it on a paper, you may scan it(if you have a scanner). Also at this contest, the text will not be decorated. (This could only make the real story more unclear)

c) WRITE A SONG CONTEST
Write a song(text), with the subject: Tomb Raider!! (of course) . The Partipicant chooses the musicstyle. If you sing it in a soundfile, that's your case. It does not concern your song brio.
You will be relieved,because this is the last contest of the Tour! As alway's, You may NOT use an existing songtext. Furthermore no rules
-------------------------------------------------
With every starting thread of each contest, i will present an EXAMPLE entry.

*RANKING AND VOTING
-Voting personnes: Everyone is free to vote

-Single Contest: As i said before, according to my system, there will be folk of minimum 5 partipicants.
If that's the case, the ranking will be as follows:

1.winner
2.second
3.third
4.fourth
5.fifth
rest

-Point system: The one whit the the lowest points, has the highest place in ranking, wich is logical.
You better explain this rankingpoint system to the members too.

1.winner --- 1 point
2.second --- 2 points
3.third --- 3 points
4.fourth --- 4 points
5.fifth --- 5 points
rest --- infinitive points

-Tour: After all the contests, the points of every individual partipicant of every contest will be counted together. The one with the lowest points, is the ForumTour winner!

-The End results: According to my programme:

1.*FORUMTOUR CHAMPION!*
2.*seconde place*
3.*Tirdh place*
---------

*The PRICE!
The winner is who gets the LOWEST points.
He will be rewarded with a special avatar
---
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3483/naamloosro0.png
---
If he wants, a special nickname, as: "FORUMTOUR CHAMPION"

Moderators, thank you for the admission,
i hope to get some support with the organization.

FIRST OF ALL, are their any questions?
Send your questions in this thread.

SECOND: WHO wants to take part, send an entry in this thread with 'yes'

Blue_light
04-07-08, 21:31
I have a question. We choose only ONE of the competitions, right :confused:?

dcw123
04-07-08, 21:42
Ermm.... since I got an A in English GSCE and love writing stories... I wanna do a TR Story pls:o
How long does it have to be though? Short ot Full length...
I think i'll do it in chapters..:p I really wanna do a sequal to TR4, to show how she got out.. is that OK? Since it'll be all my own work-ish

Quasimodo
04-07-08, 23:33
Ooh, this sounds like a lot of fun! How much time would we have for each round?

VonCroy360
05-07-08, 00:11
So you want everyone to enter in all contests? If I understood that correctly, I absolutely love the idea! Something like an ultimate creative fan - the one who wins most points in writing, drawing, etc. Oh and why not include some contests like create a cover or screenshot since these are popular here as well? Maybe eve scriptn create a level or a TR game storyline? Anyway, I love the idea. :tmb:

I think it would be better to count all the points a member gets though, so, for example, if his story wins 70 points and his artwork 50, he is counted 120 points, no matter what place he took? Just sounds more fair, since sometimes a point or two make a difference between #1 and #2?

TRLegendLuver
05-07-08, 00:50
Do we only enter in one of the challenges?