PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Power Preview...

freeze10108
06-07-08, 16:16
Has anyone posted it yet? If not, I can post it.

irjudd
06-07-08, 16:16
I haven't seen it yet. Go for it.

Drone
06-07-08, 16:22
would hit the spot!

Nick56music
06-07-08, 16:23
Ok let's see what it is!

-Roli-
06-07-08, 16:23
Whould be great :D

The hero..
06-07-08, 16:25
I havn't seen it i dont think :/

go for it.

freeze10108
06-07-08, 16:26
Here it is:

Scans:
Page 1: http://i29.************/242d2l0.jpg
Page 2: http://i32.************/rlyl9k.jpg
Page 3: http://i30.************/x4rypk.jpg

I'll add the text as a separate post.

Edit: For anyone who just wants the text:

After more than eleven years of raiding tombs, video gaming's first lady, Lara Croft, is still going strong. While she had some downs (2003's Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness), she's had many ups-particularly since developer Crystal Dynamics took over the reins of the series from original developer Core Design with 2006' Tomb Raider: Legend. Now Crystal Dynamics is working with developers Buzz Monkey Software and Santa Cruz games to continue its success with Lara's upcoming adventure, Tomb Raider: Underworld for Wii and DS.

The game's title gives you a big clue as to what it's about. "Lara is entering into the underworlds of different ancient cultures around the globe," reveals Randy Houser, and associate producer at Crystal Dynamics. Lara's not on some sort of spiritual journey-she's venturing to physical sites and exploring ancient ruins to uncover places such as Xibalba, the Mayan underworld. This premise offers plenty of opportunities for the kind of exploration the franchise is famous for.
For tomb RAider fans who are cautious about Tomb Raider on Wii after having played Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Buzz Monkey's Ted BRown, the lead level deisgner on the wii version of Tomb Raider: Underworld, offers this: "Some people found parts of Tomb Raider: Anniversary frustrating. We read every review, every preview, and a lot of message boards, trying to identify the exactly what those problems were, and how we could best address them." It wasn't all bad, of course: "People loved the first-person 'touch puzzles,' and wanted more, so we created a a brand-new system to let us do just that."
In addition to more "touch puzzles" (see the sidebar), House tells us the Wii version "delivers a truer sense of exploratin and epic feel, which will give playres a greater sense of choice and reward. The premise is to make a Wii game that incorporates those central themes but takes full advantage of the Wii technology and controllers to do things that the other versions can't. Particularly in the way the we can make the player feel that they are really making all the moves themselves and make them feel connected and immersed in the adventure." Brown adds, 'We've custom-built new areas for the Wii, added more gameplay to key areas, and polished the combat and exploration controls to take full advantage of the Wii remote."

Explore your World
Underworls expands upon the all-important concept of exploration by giving Lara new ways to traverse her surroundings. "Lara's gymnastic ability has been steadily evolving, and she moves through the world with more grace than ever before," says Brown. "A lot of climbing features have been added, her grapple rope can be used in new ways, and every level features new, epic puzzles that players have come to expect in a Tomb Raider game." Now lara can make like Mario and wall-jump between two pillars to reach higher platforms, or she can climb walls that have hand- and footholds. And you won't have to worry about fussing with the game's camera while adventuring-the developers have reworked the camera so it's less of a hindrance and gives you a better view of where you need to go.
That is not to say that the game holds your hand. In fact, there was a concerted effort to avoid the linearity of the previous games. Explains Houser, "There is more than one path when playing through the level. This was part of building a bigger sense of exploration; we wanted players to enter into these beautifully presented and pretty epic-looking areas and have to pause and think, 'Which way should I go?'" For instance, at one point you're presented with pillars you have to climb, but you can't quite jump high enough. There's a pole leaning againse one, however, which you can jam into a crack on the side of one pillar, then grab the pole on swing on it to get on top of the taller pillar. if you examing the surroundings further, you might find another path that's not as direct but gets you to your goal all the same.
The environments are vase and rife with danger so it's a good thing Lara brought along her motorbike and her firearms. The bike allows her to race on trails from ruin ruin. "We crafted genuinely fun terrain that the bike can take full advantage of," Brown says. "It's a natural fit, and, at this point, it's hard to imagine the game without it." On some of that terrain you'll come acrossdangers such as panthers or the gun-totinc poachers chasing after them. You can let them fight each other, but they could turn their attention to you if they spot you. This is where your arsenal comes in: as in Anniversary, you can lock onto an enemy and point the remote at ti for precise shooting.

Raider to Go
Naturally, Tomb Raider: Underworld on DS is slightly different, but it is built on many of the same ideas. Having two versions of a title built specifically for their respective platforms is a rarity when so many developers seem content to slap Wii or DS features onto existing games. And due to the platform customization, the developers don't ocnsider either game a port. "The DS version of Tomb Raider: Underworld follows the same story and locales of the console versions, but adapts the gameplay to take advantage of the unique features of the DS system," says Crystal Dynamics associate producer Kari Hattner. "We're taking the best elements of the old-school 2-D platforming genre, while harnessing the power of the DS's 3-D graphics capabilities."
The mix of 3-D characters and backgrounds on a 2-D plane might make you think the game is pretty linear, but Hattner counters, "The DS version contains several multiroom puzzles that require multiple steps to solve, and the player may choose to tackle those steps in any order. The player may traverse and area three or four times, finding a new route to each piece of the puzzle."
And like in the Wii version, many of Lara's signature moves are here, including her new wall-jump ability. "Most of Lara's abilities have made it into the DS version, allowing Lara to move through the levels with grace and ease," notes Hattner. "Maintaingin fidelity to the Lara Croft experience with whih users are familiar, whether that be from previous iterations in the series or from one of the other versions of Underworld, was an important factor in guiding the creation of Tomb Raider: Underworld for DS." The result is a game that captures much of what makes the Wii game so exciting-but in portable form.

Sidebar:

SOLUTION AT HAND
Puzzle-solving is a key element of the Tomb Raider series, and as Tomb Raider: Anniversary probed, the Wii remote allows for unique ways to go about that. "We have filled the game with short, satisfying 'touch puzzles' that let you reach out and interact with the environment, using the Wii remote," Brown tells us. "You control Lara's hand as she manipulates puzzles, and leverage her 'multi-tool' when a high-tech solution is required.... This tool will be handled in first-person view and manipulated in real time by Lara's hand. She will have the ability to dust off, weld, burn, melt, pry, and extract debris, detritus, and the occasional percious artiface through this set of Wii interactions."
The DS version, too, makes use of the hardware's individual features. Says Hattner, "Many of the puzzles incorporate the touch screen and/or the microphone. Another cool feature is that as the player encounters puzzles in the game, they are collected in an Extras menu-accesible from the front end-which awards the player the opportunity to have a quick 'bite' of the game while waiting for the bus or at the doctor's office." the puzzles don't just involve moving blocks around, either; the developers have also included what they call "action puzzles," such as using the touch screen to shoot swarms of bats in the first-person perspective.

Larson_1988
06-07-08, 16:27
Thank you so much for posting this. :) And it's a good thing that Underworld on DS will feature the rumbe pak! :D

_Lam
06-07-08, 16:28
Wow ! Best Wii graphics so far.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
06-07-08, 16:28
Thanks a million for posting :tmb:

OLD GEN! *hold back vomiting*

New areas? Thats great for Wii users :tmb:

Sir Croft
06-07-08, 16:29
Thanks! I was curious about how the Wii/PS2 game was going to look! :D

Tear
06-07-08, 16:33
Awesome, thank you!

Those level designs look great!

cardmonster
06-07-08, 16:34
Thanks for this! The Wii version looks decent, and with some unique features it looks like it will be worth checking out.

Drone
06-07-08, 16:34
thanks quality is great every letter can be seen :) and wow at new (with pole) screen there

Alex Fly
06-07-08, 16:36
Thanks for posting. :tmb:

The Wii and the DS versions look very nice. :)

Aphrodite22
06-07-08, 16:38
it doesnt look so bad but i wanna aim at two different targets! grr so ill have to buy it for PC

:o

MaxDeathLore
06-07-08, 16:39
well...they didnt impove the DS grafics that much....maybe for the next game?:D

lovechin
06-07-08, 16:40
thank so much, I'll start reading it now ^^

btw, those screens are awesome! me wants a Wii....NOW!:cln:

Larson_1988
06-07-08, 16:42
well...they didnt impove the DS grafics that much....maybe for the next game?:D

I think the DS version looks much better then Legend was on DS. :)

irjudd
06-07-08, 16:44
Real nice. Thanks.

MMAN
06-07-08, 16:49
So could these be shots of areas from the next-gen versions too?

trXD
06-07-08, 16:50
Woah new screens!
(old gen...)

coolaideonfire
06-07-08, 16:51
Thanks - looks great for Wii and DS :D

trXD
06-07-08, 16:53
Dare i say the DS version looks very good :eek:
Reminds me of the classic gameboy tomb raiders.

Legend of Lara
06-07-08, 16:55
Ooh, DS version looks mighty sexy. I might get that one! :D

Dark Lugia 2
06-07-08, 17:01
Awsome! :D It reminds me of ledgend, i;m aognna have to get my hands on a xbox for next gen :cln:

edit: oo it has walljump :eek:

tampi
06-07-08, 17:05
ARRF, ARRRF, ARRRRF ......
Heart attack!!!!
I didn't have my "white filter ledges""":(:ohn:

THANks! New screens, spoilers puzzle for Wii????? :confused:

daventry
06-07-08, 17:06
Thanks alot

trXD
06-07-08, 17:10
ARRF, ARRRF, ARRRRF ......
Heart attack!!!!
I didn't have my "white filter ledges""":(:ohn:

THANks! New screens, spoilers puzzle for Wii????? :confused:
oh yeah i totally didnt notice that. Ledges are still bright as the sun, looks like ur going to have to keep that G.R.O.W.L helmet on a little longer avatar girl.

And they didnt really "spoil" the wii puzzles. They just told us about the features.

Dark Lugia 2
06-07-08, 17:14
oh yeah i totally didnt notice that. Ledges are still bright as the sun, looks like ur going to have to keep that G.R.O.W.L helmet on a little longer avatar girl.

And they didnt really "spoil" the wii puzzles. They just told us about the features.

Could be beta shots of the wii version ;)

Rivendell
06-07-08, 17:15
Glad to read new confirmation of the 'wall jumping' tic-tac move. :tmb:

Yuna´s Wish
06-07-08, 17:30
Thank you very much freeze :tmb: You´re the first to provide old-gen shots of Underworld, so we´re more than grateful :)

Evan C.
06-07-08, 17:39
That`s right,thanks.By the way,Lara on DS looks like 1996 Lara :D,and that rocks!

Fdx Croft
06-07-08, 17:43
Great! Thanks so much... I want PS2 screens...

:hug:

RAID
06-07-08, 17:50
After seeing the Current-Gen version, the old-gen version looks crappy...

I hope that graphics are not the only drawback. That would make the Current-gen versions, old-gen version with improved graphics...

Risak
06-07-08, 18:00
First preview where they didn't show the octopus as the most important thing in the game....something's wrong here.

henry ze 4th
06-07-08, 18:42
After seeing the Current-Gen version, the old-gen version looks crappy...

I hope that graphics are not the only drawback. That would make the Current-gen versions, old-gen version with improved graphics...

Well I think we should take into consideration that this game is clearly being developed as a Current-Gen title and the other versions are old-gen ports being developed by a sub-branch of CD. Honestly, the 360/PS3/PC players are going to be getting the best bang for their buck (...thank god).

I'm sure the current-gen will feature different movements, too..there's no way the old-gen will have the frame capabilities to do real-capture stuff. Clearly environmental effects are gone, too (new lighting effects, rain, ect.).

For example, GTA IV honestly is a lot like GTA III, but it added a LOT to gameplay...and honestly it was stuff they could have done with III (for instance, the gunplay updates). It's the graphic quality and realism that really sets the game further along with story and characterization. I think we're in for the same type of stuff with Underworld.

iWANEX
06-07-08, 18:43
I'm NOT impressed and I'm NOT happy with the Wii version. It's so soon to tell but it looks worse than Anniversary for Wii (which looked great, btw). I expect TRU to look AT LEAST as good as TRA.

shadow_boy
06-07-08, 18:45
Is it me or does those screens look not quite as good as anniversary looked on wii?

RAID
06-07-08, 18:46
Well I think we should take into consideration that this game is clearly being developed as a Current-Gen title and the other versions are old-gen ports being developed by a sub-branch of CD. Honestly, the 360/PS3/PC players are going to be getting the best bang for their buck (...thank god).

I'm sure the current-gen will feature different movements, too..there's no way the old-gen will have the frame capabilities to do real-capture stuff. Clearly environmental effects are gone, too (new lighting effects, rain, ect.).

For example, GTA IV honestly is a lot like GTA III, but it added a LOT to gameplay...and honestly it was stuff they could have done with III (for instance, the gunplay updates). It's the graphic quality and realism that really sets the game further along with story and characterization. I think we're in for the same type of stuff with Underworld.
I have to say that I really love and appriciate the eye candy (lighting effects, rain, snow, wet/dirty/bloody Lara, etc...). But my main expectation is longer levels on the current-gen versions than the prev-gen ones.

Nick56music
06-07-08, 18:49
The graphics are so bad, it's frustating and shocking. They have to change something, otherwise nobody will buy Tomb Raider Underworld for Wii and PS2. Nintendo DS is another thing.

iWANEX
06-07-08, 19:00
I have to say that I really love and appriciate the eye candy (lighting effects, rain, snow, wet/dirty/bloody Lara, etc...). But my main expectation is longer levels on the current-gen versions than the prev-gen ones.

Well, the article says:

Brown adds, 'We've custom-built new areas for the Wii, added more gameplay to key areas, and polished the combat and exploration controls to take full advantage of the Wii remote."

So I guess it's quite the opposite. The Wii version will have a larger gameplay.

Ward Dragon
06-07-08, 19:07
Wow. I'm actually considering buying both the PC and the Wii versions now :p

Immortalis08
06-07-08, 19:23
Thanks for posting! I have been dying to hear about the Wii :D
I might just get them both for the wii and the 360. (That is assuming i don't buy a PS3 in the coming months)

I am looking forward to the exclusive Wii areas but i feel i would get the full experience on the PS3 or 360. The wii screens where quite underwhelming. The color and level design remind me of a Zelda game.

FinalRequiem
06-07-08, 19:27
Wow, thankyou very much

*reads*

Good news for Wii players it seems :tmb:

I love the pictures :jmp:

Ward Dragon
06-07-08, 19:30
The color and level design remind me of a Zelda game.

Ha ha, yes! I just won Twilight Princess and I was thinking that the Underworld Wii screenshots looked very similar.

Cristina
06-07-08, 19:40
Wow!new pics for ds!:D

tampi
06-07-08, 19:41

What do you think will tell children that if they see me dressed on this way in Christmas? :p:cln:

http://i29.************/123v4as.jpg

:whi:by the way I'm a guy :pi::yik:

I'll by sure PC and Wii versions. Only I have to think the order.
Maybe PC first? Maybe Wii version????
To be or not to be :)

Immortalis08
06-07-08, 19:43
Ha ha, yes! I just won Twilight Princess and I was thinking that the Underworld Wii screenshots looked very similar.

Exactly the game i was thinking of. ;) It reminds me of a level but i can't quite put my finger on which one. Some shots are reminiscent of Hyrule Castle. :whi:

Dark Lugia 2
06-07-08, 19:46
Totally! Lake Hylia's bridge. (bridge of eldin) :pi: :p

Or forest temple :8} Looking at the images again i'm dissapointed with the lack of colour... :\ the whole area seems to be brownish... just looks bland imo :p

trXD
06-07-08, 19:49
What do you think will tell children that if they see me dressed on this way in Christmas? :p:cln:

http://i29.************/123v4as.jpg

:whi:by the way I'm a guy :pi::yik:

I'll by sure PC and Wii versions. Only I have to think the order.
Maybe PC first? Maybe Wii version????
To be or not to be :)
lol by avatar girl i meant the girl in my avatar but, he ho:p

Tihocan9
06-07-08, 19:53
Awesome! Thanks for posting.

I think TRU on the DS looks much better than Legend.

Drone
06-07-08, 20:06
wall-run, fixed camera, 1st person view for multi-tool, rotating blades ... everything soudns very itneresting :)

KIKO
06-07-08, 20:09
Wall jump like in Prince of Persia, between two pillars ? I want to see that move also on the current gen versions :o

Donnie901
06-07-08, 20:18
Cool! The DS version looks good! Now I definetly want it! :D

aussie500
06-07-08, 20:21
Thanks for the scans freeze10108, always like to see how the other versions are looking.

Buzz Monkey and Santa Cruz games are not sub-branches of Crystal Dynamics and the games will not be ports of the XBox360 game. Lara will have the same moves most likely, and none of the extra features or next gen gameplay, no reason why weather effects such as rain would not be there, even AOD had rain, it will just not look as good. Since Buzz Monkey are doing the PS2 and Wii version l would think the graphics will look very similar on both consoles, the Wii will be an enhanced port of the PS2 version, with extra features. Main game is not even beta yet, possibly the Wii screenshots are only an early version as well, could look better in the final game.

Sir Croft
06-07-08, 20:33
I must say I'm quite impressed by those graphics on Wii, they look better then most of the Wii games out there.

KIKO
06-07-08, 20:33
No Rain ?? But games like AOD, Legend and TR5 perhaps had rain. Why woudn't this have rain ?

Sir Croft
06-07-08, 20:34
No Rain ?? But games like AOD, Legend and TR5 perhaps had rain. Why woudn't this have rain ?

There IS rain.

Larson_1988
06-07-08, 20:35
Main game is not even beta yet, possibly the Wii screenshots are only an early version as well, could look better in the final game.

But if that's the case, it makes me curious on how they are going to manage a simultaneous release on all platforms in November/December?

Ward Dragon
06-07-08, 20:40
But if that's the case, it makes me curious on how they are going to manage a simultaneous release on all platforms in November/December?

The actual game is probably further along than these screenshots. The magazine probably has info/media from several months ago :)

tampi
06-07-08, 20:41
lol by avatar girl i meant the girl in my avatar but, he ho:p

oh looooooooool, sorry :o:D

http://i26.************/29bhkza.jpg

Ey, do you think that we can move those tree trunk in the image with new Lara skills? :)
Perhaps she has to assemble some kind of structure with those trunks.:)

Ward Dragon
06-07-08, 20:43
Ey, do you think that we can move those tree trunk in the image with new Lara skills? :)

Maybe. It would be really interesting if we had to pile the wood up so we could reach something too high to reach from the ground :D

Drone
06-07-08, 20:45
o

if I'd see some wood smack-dab in the middle of the room all I'd want is to burn it ;)

Larson_1988
06-07-08, 20:46
The actual game is probably further along than these screenshots. The magazine probably has info/media from several months ago :)

Oh, but that's understandable then. :) I hope they have progressed a bit farther uptil now. :)

http://i26.************/29bhkza.jpg

Yeah, hopefully you can smack the Wii remote to get them out of the way! :cln: :D

aussie500
06-07-08, 20:46

l am sure they will manage to get the next gen versions completed with a bit of help from Nixxes perhaps. The old gen versions would not take as long to make, so they should be ready on time. That was one reason why the game was delayed so Crystal Dynamics would have more time to work on the next gen games, which take a lot longer to make than a PS2, Wii or DS game. We were originally expecting a December release, now it is November, if something comes up and the next gen versions need a bit of extra time we will no doubt still have it by Christmas

Larson_1988
06-07-08, 20:47
if something comes up and the next gen versions need a bit of extra time we will no doubt still have it by Christmas

Yes, that's what i'm thinking aswell. :) We will most definetly get it this year. :)

Angelus
06-07-08, 20:57
Very good. Thank you very much for the scans and a very interesting article. :tmb:

tampi
06-07-08, 21:05
if I'd see some wood smack-dab in the middle of the room all I'd want is to burn it ;)

I want to do it too :D

Drone
06-07-08, 21:09
I want to do it too :D

Napalm is my friend :p

Btw I think it could be good idea if she picks up the pole and can toss it right in to the hole in the wall (if the hole is far and she can't reach it)

Ward Dragon
06-07-08, 21:10
Btw I think it could be good idea if she picks up the pole and can toss it right in to the hole in the wall (if the hole is far and she can't reach it)

But what if she misses? Maybe she could use the grapple to retrieve it? :D

Drone
06-07-08, 21:14
/\ if she misses she can pick it up again :D or do you mean it falls into chasm? :vlol:

Ward Dragon
06-07-08, 21:15
/\ if she misses she can pick it up again :D or do you mean it falls into chasm? :vlol:

Yeah, I was thinking what if it fell :vlol:

Drone
06-07-08, 21:16
/\ then I like your idea about grapple :D

Tear
06-07-08, 21:18
That info makes me want the Wii version.:D

Nah.. I'll stick with the PS3.:p

McGloomy
06-07-08, 21:22
I have a Wii, but I decided a week ago that I'll rent Underworld and play it with a buddy on his X-Box 360. While I love my Wii, it's exclusive games (SSBB :D) are the best ones, not the gimmick-ports. :o

tombraiderxii
06-07-08, 21:26
are the wii screens ps2 graphics, ps3/360 graphics, or a mix of both? i know i am going to get for wii. :D And the wii is the closest thing to next-gen i have. My PC can't handle it at all! It can barely handle the sims 2 without lagging!

I wish i had a ps3 or 360, but i am happy i can get it for a console i own. :)

Larapink
06-07-08, 21:30
Still doesn't make me want to buy a Wii to play TRU on, I bought the Wii with TRA. I hated it because the crappy graphics that were on the Wii. I sold my Wii though. :p I am sticking to my PC and 360.:p

Shennen
06-07-08, 21:32
Thanks for posting! There are great Wii and DS screenshots! :)

Isaac
06-07-08, 21:32
Finally! Wii shots!

The graphics aren't that bad, and well, it's too early to say something about them. But for now, I'm still happy of them.

But...

http://i32.************/rlyl9k.jpg

The bottom left picture... It's not really flashy white ledges, but the way to go is still obvious. I can already guess that we will have to walk from one column to another with the little bridge that link them.

tampi
06-07-08, 21:34
NAPAL!!! NAPAL!!!! :jmp::jmp::jmp:

http://i29.************/1zx8tc1.jpg:D

Larapink
06-07-08, 21:35
^ What has he got to do with Underworld? :mis:

Drone
06-07-08, 21:37
/\ nice hat :D

tampi
06-07-08, 21:40
^ What has he got to do with Underworld? :mis:

Its from the movie "Apocalypse Now":
......Kilgore exults to Willard, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning", which he says smells "like...victory." ......

But seriosly, I think she can do something with those trunks :p

Only TR lover
06-07-08, 21:43
Finally! Wii shots!

The graphics aren't that bad, and well, it's too early to say something about them. But for now, I'm still happy of them.

But...

http://i32.************/rlyl9k.jpg

The bottom left picture... It's not really flashy white ledges, but the way to go is still obvious. I can already guess that we will have to walk from one column to another with the little bridge that link them.

Of course we know which way to go... It's the same location as:

http://i25.************/29c7xps.jpg

;)

Drone
06-07-08, 21:45
/\ and they said she could roll on a beam. Wanna see how it's gonna work

Conway
06-07-08, 21:47
Wow, I actually love it. :D

KIKO
06-07-08, 21:47
/\ and they said she could roll on a beam. Wanna see how it's gonna work

It's possible, I've seen gymnastics doing it. However in those beams, it must hurt her head...ouch :o

Larapink
06-07-08, 21:48
Its from the movie "Apocalypse Now":
Oh right, but still deosn't have anything to do with Underworld. Your post was compleatly random. :o

But seriosly, I think she can do something with those trunks :p
So Lara had them all along? :mis:

Drone
06-07-08, 21:51
It's possible, I've seen gymnastics doing it. However in those beams, it must hurt her head...ouch :o

if ceiling is low and we jump she dosn't hurt her head so it's gonna be ok. she won't feel anything if she rolls on a concrete beam :D

Angelus
06-07-08, 21:51
Oh right, but still deosn't have anything to do with Underworld. Your post was compleatly random. :o

So Lara had them all along? :mis:

Random posts are sometimes the best posts. :D

b0bb13
06-07-08, 22:03
I have to say that I'm impressed by how awesome the Wii/PS2 & DS versions look and play.TRU just makes me wanna buy a PS2.:cln:
Thanks for posting!:)

Yuna´s Wish
06-07-08, 22:07
I really don´t know what to say :p

Though I have just a question for Wii players: why do you find these graphics so spectacular for the Wii? :confused: As a PS2 player I´d be quite unhappy for getting these graphics, especially after playing Legend, Anniversary (and even AOD) which display much better ones.

Of course, these are all beta (or Alpha, or whichever Greek fashionable letter represents the stage of development), and I hope they do better.

Aphrodite22
06-07-08, 22:14

Though I have just a question for Wii players: why do you find these graphics so spectacular for the Wii? :confused: As a PS2 player I´d be quite unhappy for getting these graphics, especially after playing Legend, Anniversary (and even AOD) which display much better ones.

Of course, these are all beta (or Alpha, or whichever Greek fashionable letter represents the stage of development), and I hope they do better.

yeah,, well maybe is the magazine but if it really looks like that i'd be disappointed.. im pretty sure the graphics are gonna be like in TRA and TRL,

anyway, me wants PC version

:)

Yuna´s Wish
06-07-08, 22:17
^ It could be the magazine...that could explain why the environments suffer from this hepatitis that gives them such a yellowish pattern.

Immortalis08
06-07-08, 22:23

Though I have just a question for Wii players: why do you find these graphics so spectacular for the Wii? :confused: .

I was never impressed with these graphics to begin with. ;)

The features sound very interesting to mess around with. But worst case scenario i will buy it and play it over at my brother's house until i buy a PS3.

aussie500
06-07-08, 22:27
^ It could be the magazine...that could explain why the environments suffer from this hepatitis that gives them such a yellowish pattern.

l would never judge colours by what you see in a magazine, they are often quite different to a real screenshot, and these are only small pictures, graphics actually looked fine to me about the same as Legend's current gen version.

Yuna´s Wish
06-07-08, 22:39
^ That puts me at ease, I really hope they end up being more blueish and greenish, like in the Xbox360 screenshots.

danny.rex
06-07-08, 23:04
Though I don't care about any of the Nintendo versions of TRU, many thanks for this scans
The wii screens show a interesting area, with some good blended ledges might I add

croft94
06-07-08, 23:14
Oh thanks, some things are new but not-so-new, if u know wat I mean.

_Awestruck_
06-07-08, 23:33
Woop woop woop I love it

Lara's Fan
06-07-08, 23:43
The screenshots for the wii look pretty good.:D

amiro1989
06-07-08, 23:46
For what I can see, the graphics are very decent. But I'm sticking to my X360 version :ton:

KC Mraz
07-07-08, 00:02
Thanks for sharing! :tmb:

rowanlim
07-07-08, 00:32
Yay! Thanks for posting! Very interesting! :tmb: :D

Sweets
07-07-08, 00:36
For what I can see, the graphics are very decent. But I'm sticking to my X360 version :ton:

Me too :D

Thanks for the scans :tmb:

LaraLover32
07-07-08, 00:37
Thanks! I was curious about how the Wii/PS2 game was going to look! :D

So was I.

Tomb of Legends
07-07-08, 00:46
Damn! Those graphics are very good!

Of course I'll keep to PS3 but I really prefer last gen graphics for some reason..

Ilie_Fusarau
07-07-08, 00:54
Great screenshots ! Thanks for posting :tmb:

Aphrodite22
07-07-08, 00:58
Damn! Those graphics are very good!

Of course I'll keep to PS3 but I really prefer last gen graphics for some reason..

u prefer last gen?!.. u mean old? :confused:

iWANEX
07-07-08, 01:05
So basically the article says:

1. Lara can make like Mario and wall-jump between two pillars to reach higher platforms.

2. The developers have reworked the camera so it's less of a hindrance and gives you a better view of where you need to go.

3. There is more than one path when playing through the level.

4. They custom-built new areas for the Wii, added more gameplay to key areas, and polished the combat and exploration controls to take full advantage of the Wii remote.

COOL!!!!!

ajrich17901
07-07-08, 01:15
i dont like the graphics at all there realy blehh lookin lol

luis54321
07-07-08, 01:56
cant wait for the wii version:jmp:

na_th_an
07-07-08, 06:26
Nice! If the PS2 looks close to the Wii version, it will be great! Can't wait!

john_york
07-07-08, 09:13
Interesting read there. Am thinking of getting myself a wii and this may push me to get one sooner rather than later!

So, it looks like the wii version is pretty on-par with Anniversary. Good to see screenshots of a new area - I wonder if this part is in the next-gen versions?

tranniversary119
07-07-08, 13:14
Is it just me are does the area look depressing in the wii version? Eh sounds pretty cool don't think I want to play TR in old gen anymore.

pTURKEYq
07-07-08, 13:22
Or somebody has these scans in better resolution/quality? I would like to see amount of Lara's polygons.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
07-07-08, 13:53
This might be just me, but does anyone else think this might be what the Mayan area looks like in old-gen? If so its quite a lot different.

Current Gen:
http://i25.************/2dkaid1.jpg

Old Gen:
http://i32.************/2l8ubkz.jpg

There are a few similaritys here, like the pillars with ledges around the edges, and the narrow walkway between the two pillars is in exactly the same position as it is in the current-gen shot, also it is raining. It looks a lot lighter though, and naturally the graphics are much worse. The finer details are gone, and everything has been simplifyed, and perhaps scaled down too. The free climbing areas of the wall appear to be missing also.

Nick56music
07-07-08, 13:58
I don't really like it. Sorry it's bad. The current gen screenshots are better, ok, that was clear, but i didn't think that the old gen could be that bad. Really disappointed.

john_york
07-07-08, 14:02
I don't really like it. Sorry it's bad. The current gen screenshots are better, ok, that was clear, but i didn't think that the old gen could be that bad. Really disappointed.

What, exactly, were you expecting? Since all we can see is a few low-quality scanned images, I don't think you can say that it looks bad. The game was never going to look anything like the next-gen versions. I think it looks pretty much the same as Anniversary. Again, though, we can't really judge in any meaningful way from these few images.

stereopathic
07-07-08, 14:33
i own both a wii and a 360 and until now i hadn't thought much about purchasing the wii version. however, i find the extra features and sections mentioned in the article to be quite intriguing. i'm definitely considering getting it now (in addition to buying it for 360).

if in fact what a couple of people have said is true, that the screens are from the same level as the first released screens, then i am further interested in playing it as that would mean some levels would look completely different, making an additional playthough on the wii even more interesting. a simple change of color palette and texture could really freshen up my replay value.

i am a bit disappointed in the graphics. there seems to be too many jagged edges and i know the wii is capable of much better. i look forward to seeing the final build.

great article. thanks for posting it.

tampi
07-07-08, 16:12
I think the differences are possible variations in the printing of images.
If we equalize the colors only differences are appreciated by the different position in each photo. The light impinges differently in an image and another.

XBOX 360 version
http://i25.************/2dkaid1.jpg

Wii version (balanced colours)
http://i32.************/k30gvs.jpg

Magazine original picture version:
http://i32.************/2l8ubkz.jpg

Anyway, these pillars with such a slant at its peak and all these possible combinations to advance through the level I think are really interesting.:)

And Lara's position?:cln::jmp:

just*raidin*tomb
07-07-08, 17:27
Wow! Thanks. The Wii and DS versions look nice. I think I just might get DS and Ps3. The DS versions looks really good, but Wii could look alot better. Anniversary looked better in my opinion. These shots were probably taken a couple of months ago anyway and they are still no done with the game. I think it will look alot better in the end.

BTW can anybody tell me what RUMBLE PAK is?

stereopathic
07-07-08, 17:32
thanks a lot for that comparison, Tampi. you could really be onto something there. it could just be different lighting/weather conditions. it also may have to do with the graphical capabilities of the two platforms. the 360 in HD is fantastic in subtle lighting conditions while the wii is not. as an example, check the difference between normal and HD Legend on the 360. the lighting is much brighter in normal, giving a different look to the levels.

Scampi_93
07-07-08, 17:34
BTW can anybody tell me what RUMBLE PAK is?

basically a Rumble Pak is something added to the DS to make it vibrate, for example, lara is hurt, she falls to the ground from a distance, the Rumble Pak vibrates :D

i hope that explains it for you ;)

just*raidin*tomb
07-07-08, 17:44
basically a Rumble Pak is something added to the DS to make it vibrate, for example, lara is hurt, she falls to the ground from a distance, the Rumble Pak vibrates :D

i hope that explains it for you ;)
Oh! ok, thanks;) I wonder why my PS2 remote vibrates and not my ps3 remote. That's always bothered me. I know that's for the DS but my PS2 version of TRA vibrates, but not when I play it on PS3.

Yuna´s Wish
07-07-08, 17:47
That one looks more like it, thanks tampi :tmb:

gtkilla
07-07-08, 18:19
Lol The Wii/PS2 version looks like something that was put together in level editor...especially in that pic with the pillars. :o But, it still looks good. I'm incredibly relieved that everything looks drastically different from the current-gen versions. No ports! :jmp: I'll still be getting the PS2 version in addition to the 360 ver., though.

irjudd
07-07-08, 18:21
Oh! ok, thanks;) I wonder why my PS2 remote vibrates and not my ps3 remote. That's always bothered me. I know that's for the DS but my PS2 version of TRA vibrates, but not when I play it on PS3.
Not to be horrendously rude, but... did you not do ANY research or read ANY articles about the PS3 before you bought one? I just find it hard to believe you don't know about the whole "sixaxis" and "sony vs immersion" debacle.

Lara.Jolie7
07-07-08, 20:41
Thxxx
I think the ps2 version will be close to this, so Im happy :D

Twilight
07-07-08, 21:27
holy ****. that area looks like the one i saw in my dream!
it looked just like that, you can jump up to another piece of architecture. and slide down, there was a panther or something there. it looks just like it! weird.
:D

daventry
07-07-08, 21:32
the Nintendo, DS and Wii Screens, are they diffrent then the PC and Playstation Screens. In other words, are they diffrent from each Console as to Gameplay aswell.

Zebra
07-07-08, 21:37
the Nintendo, DS and Wii Screens, are they diffrent then the PC and Playstation Screens. In other words, are they diffrent from each Console as to Gameplay aswell.

As far as I understood it the Wii are different to the other lastgen versions. The graphics are probably the same but there are some additional areas and puzzles and such things. The DS version is completely different and not really comparable to any other version. I don't know what the PC version has to do with that as the PC version is currentgen not lastgen.

just*raidin*tomb
07-07-08, 22:25
Not to be horrendously rude, but... did you not do ANY research or read ANY articles about the PS3 before you bought one? I just find it hard to believe you don't know about the whole "sixaxis" and "sony vs immersion" debacle.

Well, believe it. I know nothing of this debacle. I didn't do any research before I got a PS3 because I did not buy it. It was a gift for Christmas! :p

I don't think you're being horrendously rude.;)

Dia2blo
07-07-08, 22:32
These screens are pretty cool. it means i can have three different versions of the game- 360, wii and ds!!! yay!!

Tombraiderx08
08-07-08, 02:09
oh that is just lush! cant wait to get it for wii, and ds, and ps2, and maybe psp(im not obsessed much am i?)

irjudd
08-07-08, 02:11
Well, believe it. I know nothing of this debacle. I didn't do any research before I got a PS3 because I did not buy it. It was a gift for Christmas! :p

I don't think you're being horrendously rude.;)Oh, fair enough. To sum up, Immersion sued Sony over copyright infringement for vibration technology, so Sony decided not to put said technology into their PS3 controller at launch.

Immortalis08
08-07-08, 03:17
At this point the only reasons i would get the wii version are for the extra features and the fact that its $40.

Sekhraider
08-07-08, 03:30
Very cool images, thanks for posting :)

JACOBryanBURNS
08-07-08, 03:39
I'll be buying a PS3 right around Underworld time (because I honestly don't play anything else) but if I could FIND A DAMN Wii I MIGHT buy TR:U for it. :mad:

CrazyMonkey
08-07-08, 07:15
anyone playing this on Wii is cheating themselves.

na_th_an
08-07-08, 07:36
I'll be buying a PS3 right around Underworld time (because I honestly don't play anything else) but if I could FIND A DAMN Wii I MIGHT buy TR:U for it. :mad:

Same problem in my country until a couple of months ago (since the Wii was released, in fact), but now it seems to be available almost everywhere... I'm thinking about getting one...

Tombraiderx08
08-07-08, 12:58
looks much, MUCH better than Legend on ds, thank you sooo much whatever common sense genius came up with the idea to make it look better than the ds version of legend! brilliance!

just*raidin*tomb
08-07-08, 13:52
Oh, fair enough. To sum up, Immersion sued Sony over copyright infringement for vibration technology, so Sony decided not to put said technology into their PS3 controller at launch.

Will they ever come out with a vibration controller? I always thought it was a really good effect. Makes me a bit sad. Wasn't the PS3 delayed or something, is this the reason?

I just wish they made a hook up where you could connect a PS2 controller instead of making you buy a second controller for multi-player gameplay.:o

na_th_an
09-07-08, 06:40
I've read somewhere that the vibration interfered the sixaxis technollogy somehow.

Ward Dragon
09-07-08, 06:41
To sum up, Immersion sued Sony over copyright infringement for vibration technology, so Sony decided not to put said technology into their PS3 controller at launch.

I heard of this but I don't know the details. Why couldn't Sony just use the PS2 vibration feature (or is that what Immersion sued them over? In which case, why didn't they sue earlier?) :confused:

john_york
09-07-08, 08:35
Will they ever come out with a vibration controller? I always thought it was a really good effect. Makes me a bit sad. Wasn't the PS3 delayed or something, is this the reason?

PS3 controller + vibration = Dualshock 3 (http://www.dualshock3rumble.com/). Released last November in Japan, this April in US and last week here in the UK.

PS3 was delayed due to problems in manufacturing enough blue laser diodes, which were needed to read the Blu-ray discs that the console utilises. Nothing to do with the controllers.

I just wish they made a hook up where you could connect a PS2 controller instead of making you buy a second controller for multi-player gameplay.

How about one of these?

http://www.netpcdirect.co.uk/images/super/ps2_ps3_cable_converter.jpg

Plug your PS2 controller in one end, and plug the other end into a USB port on the front of your PS3. Voila!
I've read somewhere that the vibration interfered the sixaxis technollogy somehow.

'Twas an excuse by Sony to cover up the fact they were in big doo-doo. They were trying to 'save face'.

I heard of this but I don't know the details. Why couldn't Sony just use the PS2 vibration feature (or is that what Immersion sued them over? In which case, why didn't they sue earlier?) :confused:

The PS2 vibration feature is what they were being sued over. Not entirely sure why it took so long for immersion to sue - perhaps the legal proceedings were rumbling (hoho!) away in the background for a long time before the public became aware? I know that stuff like this can take an age to finally get into a courtroom.

LaraLover85
09-07-08, 21:47
This may be (Big Understatement ahead) the best looking Tomb Raider game...EVER! I am so excited about this game and I cannot wait to get my hands on Lara...oh ya!

silver_wolf
09-07-08, 22:04
looks like the Wii is getting a completely different game. heck, it looks like anniversary.

Zebra
09-07-08, 22:07
looks like the Wii is getting a completely different game. heck, it looks like anniversary.

No. Not completely different. Just with some added areas and puzzles (and some things taken out probably).

Agent 47
09-07-08, 22:20
PS3 was delayed due to problems in manufacturing enough blue laser diodes, which were needed to read the Blu-ray discs that the console utilises. Nothing to do with the controllers.

that's what we the gamer have been led to believe ;)

(my opinion/theory)
the reason there was a Blu-ray diode shortage is simple.............the PS3 shouldn't even have existed at that point

MS forced this generation on us by releasing the 360, for obvious reasons Sony had to act,why else do you think PS2 is still actively being developed for?

i'd say PS3 was released a year too early at best :D

just*raidin*tomb
10-07-08, 04:20
PS3 controller + vibration = Dualshock 3 (http://www.dualshock3rumble.com/). Released last November in Japan, this April in US and last week here in the UK.

How about one of these?

http://www.netpcdirect.co.uk/images/super/ps2_ps3_cable_converter.jpg

Plug your PS2 controller in one end, and plug the other end into a USB port on the front of your PS3. Voila!

And I have to buy yet another cord:rolleyes: They should have just created a plug in, in the PS3. Goodness! I'm sure I can afford it. I'll have to get one so I can get that vibration feature back, though sometimes it doesn't work.:confused:

Ward Dragon
10-07-08, 04:30
I have a question about the Wii remote in general. So far the only Wii game I have is Twilight Princess, so maybe I just haven't seen enough Wii games, but it seems like the motion sensors can just tell that the remote moved quickly but it's not extremely accurate concerning the precise direction that the remote moved in. I was wondering if it's possible at some point in the future (or if it already exists) for a game to tell exactly where the remote is, which direction it moved in, etc. so that doing something like swinging a sword would actually reflect the same movement I used with the remote. Instead I just swing it wildly and the character (Link in this case) initiates a preset attack sequence. So is what I said possible? Is it a software limitation at the moment, or is the hardware just not capable of it?

spelunking
10-07-08, 04:57
I have a question about the Wii remote in general. So far the only Wii game I have is Twilight Princess, so maybe I just haven't seen enough Wii games, but it seems like the motion sensors can just tell that the remote moved quickly but it's not extremely accurate concerning the precise direction that the remote moved in. I was wondering if it's possible at some point in the future (or if it already exists) for a game to tell exactly where the remote is, which direction it moved in, etc. so that doing something like swinging a sword would actually reflect the same movement I used with the remote. Instead I just swing it wildly and the character (Link in this case) initiates a preset attack sequence. So is what I said possible? Is it a software limitation at the moment, or is the hardware just not capable of it?
For shame; you're dragging down our attach rate! Buy more games!

Of course it's possible to tell which direction the wiimote moved in; that's how the wiimote can be tracked across the screen, which you can see happening just from the wii menu. For Twilight Princess, they just decided to go with generic motion controls (to my disappointment) likely because it's a GCN port. No More Heroes had more specific motion controls (it can tell high swings from low swings, plus you need to coordinate movement of the wiimote and nunchuk for wrestling throws) and Super Mario Galaxy had crazy sections in which you had to balance on top of a ball and roll it around and jump it by tilting the wiimote, very similar to rollgoal in Twilight Princess.

It should be possible to use the accelerometer (as used in rollgoal and Mario balancing on the ball) to determine increasing speed in a specific direction and use it for weapons, building upon what we've seen in No More Heroes. You might want to try Boom Blox, which tracks the movement of the wiimote as you throw projectiles in various directions, sensing three different throwing speeds. Just take these mechanics from that puzzle game and apply it to a fighting game and you're set.

Ward Dragon
10-07-08, 05:46
For shame; you're dragging down our attach rate! Buy more games!

I intend to, but at present moment I'm not going to keep spending $50 per game so I'm just waiting for the prices to drop :o Instead I bought a lot of old GameCube games that I had missed out on so I've got a lot of catching up to do (plus the GameCube controller is amazingly comfortable, I was not expecting that given how much the PS2 controller hurts my hands).

Of course it's possible to tell which direction the wiimote moved in; that's how the wiimote can be tracked across the screen, which you can see happening just from the wii menu. For Twilight Princess, they just decided to go with generic motion controls (to my disappointment) likely because it's a GCN port.

I knew about that tracking, of course. I meant like when I bring the remote up in order to strike it down, it is no longer pointing at the screen, so can the remote still sense where it is judging by how much it has moved?

I kind of figured about the Twilight Princess controls not taking full advantage of what the remote can sense. Incidentally, it kept driving me mad how I'd have to move the remote off-screen a bit to swing with the sword, but then when I tried to do something that required pointing at the screen (like shooting the bow or the grapple), it freaked out and told me it had to find the remote again while Link was getting creamed :p

No More Heroes had more specific motion controls (it can tell high swings from low swings, plus you need to coordinate movement of the wiimote and nunchuk for wrestling throws) and Super Mario Galaxy had crazy sections in which you had to balance on top of a ball and roll it around and jump it by tilting the wiimote, very similar to rollgoal in Twilight Princess.

No More Heroes is the game in your avatar, yes? I've been looking into that one for awhile but I decided not to buy any more expensive games at least until I finished Twilight Princess. I see it has dropped in price a bit so I may finally get it :D I'm a little confused about "rollgoal" though. I don't know what that is, although I am sure I didn't complete the game 100% so I may have missed it.

It should be possible to use the accelerometer (as used in rollgoal and Mario balancing on the ball) to determine increasing speed in a specific direction and use it for weapons, building upon what we've seen in No More Heroes. You might want to try Boom Blox, which tracks the movement of the wiimote as you throw projectiles in various directions, sensing three different throwing speeds. Just take these mechanics from that puzzle game and apply it to a fighting game and you're set.

Very interesting. That is definitely along the lines of what I want and I'm glad that the actual hardware is capable of it :D

spelunking
10-07-08, 07:55
the GameCube controller is amazingly comfortable, I was not expecting that given how much the PS2 controller hurts my hands).
Really? Do you have a Nintendo-made one, or a third-party knockoff, cuz I have a knockoff and it hurts my hands and tries my patience. I even had to use motor oil on the A button to get it to stop squeaking.

I meant like when I bring the remote up in order to strike it down, it is no longer pointing at the screen, so can the remote still sense where it is judging by how much it has moved?
In Super Mario Galaxy, you hold the wiimote straight upwards (so it's not pointing at the screen) and even then, just by the accelerometer, it can tell in which direction you are tilting. When you bring the Wiimote down for a full swing (unlike in Galaxy), you're still going to start out with similar tilting to that. I would assume it is possible to determine which way you're going to swing the wiimote either by using the accelerometer in a way similar to that mentioned above (the difference being that you follow through with a full swing rather than just a slight tilt — less sensitive controls) or by tracking your wiimote pointer across the screen and making the sword follow that line of movement, either exactly or by trying to interpret it into more generalised, pre-programmed sweeps.

Incidentally, it kept driving me mad how I'd have to move the remote off-screen a bit to swing with the sword, but then when I tried to do something that required pointing at the screen (like shooting the bow or the grapple), it freaked out and told me it had to find the remote again while Link was getting creamed :p

If it's causing that much trouble, maybe you should check the settings. Make sure you adjust the Wii for your TV's screen size. The bigger problem I had was that when your batteries start to get low, the controls go wacko and Link starts to walk on his own in a singular direction. It almost got me killed in the Cave of Ordeals.

I'm a little confused about "rollgoal" though. I don't know what that is, although I am sure I didn't complete the game 100% so I may have missed it.
When you're in the fishing hole and you go into the little hut, on the right side there is an evil game called rollgoal. You have to roll a ball from one end of a board to the other along a path of raised blocks by tilting the board, holding your wiimote horizontally. It gets increasingly diabolical and your reward is that you're allowed to use the frog lure, which is frustrating in itself to figure out how to use. I wholeheartedly recommend it!!
Very interesting. That is definitely along the lines of what I want and I'm glad that the actual hardware is capable of it :D
Well, I hope so. I'm speculating, but I don't see any reason why it isn't possible based on what we have seen. I think perhaps a problem with it that may be why we haven't seen it fully realised yet is that it might make for a slight time delay between when you make the movement and when you see the interpretation on screen. Time delays in fighting games are deal-breakers.

Ward Dragon
10-07-08, 22:11
Really? Do you have a Nintendo-made one, or a third-party knockoff, cuz I have a knockoff and it hurts my hands and tries my patience. I even had to use motor oil on the A button to get it to stop squeaking.

I got an official Nintendo controller. One of my friends had a third party knock-off PS2 controller and I had to get past a few bosses for her in the Buffy game and I will never ever buy a third party controller because of how much aggravation it gave me :p

In Super Mario Galaxy, you hold the wiimote straight upwards (so it's not pointing at the screen) and even then, just by the accelerometer, it can tell in which direction you are tilting. When you bring the Wiimote down for a full swing (unlike in Galaxy), you're still going to start out with similar tilting to that. I would assume it is possible to determine which way you're going to swing the wiimote either by using the accelerometer in a way similar to that mentioned above (the difference being that you follow through with a full swing rather than just a slight tilt — less sensitive controls) or by tracking your wiimote pointer across the screen and making the sword follow that line of movement, either exactly or by trying to interpret it into more generalised, pre-programmed sweeps.

Okay, that's good to hear.

If it's causing that much trouble, maybe you should check the settings. Make sure you adjust the Wii for your TV's screen size. The bigger problem I had was that when your batteries start to get low, the controls go wacko and Link starts to walk on his own in a singular direction. It almost got me killed in the Cave of Ordeals.

Gah, when they say "Cave of Ordeals" they ain't kidding! :vlol: I managed to get past that just to say I did it :p I'll check the TV screen settings. I probably have it set for the wrong one since I had to switch TV's and don't remember changing any settings. I'm also probably too close to the TV because my TV is small and my vision sucks XD

When you're in the fishing hole and you go into the little hut, on the right side there is an evil game called rollgoal. You have to roll a ball from one end of a board to the other along a path of raised blocks by tilting the board, holding your wiimote horizontally. It gets increasingly diabolical and your reward is that you're allowed to use the frog lure, which is frustrating in itself to figure out how to use. I wholeheartedly recommend it!!

Ooh, I shall have to try that out :D

Well, I hope so. I'm speculating, but I don't see any reason why it isn't possible based on what we have seen. I think perhaps a problem with it that may be why we haven't seen it fully realised yet is that it might make for a slight time delay between when you make the movement and when you see the interpretation on screen. Time delays in fighting games are deal-breakers.

Okay, that makes sense. I'm getting the impression it's more the software than the hardware, which is really good because new games can always improve upon the software :D