PDA

View Full Version : Ripping to animating slots

Seth94
07-07-08, 17:03
Hi,

recently !Lara Croft! has ripped me the TR3 Mine level's red machine, seen in the thread I posted below.

But it is in the animating slot? Does this mean it will not hurt Lara? Because Roli gave a dart/arrow which was in the animating slot and I had to put a dart emitter on the same square to do damage to Lara. :confused:

Or is there something I must type in the OCB to get it to harm Lara?

Thanks for any help,

Seth94 :D

God Horus
07-07-08, 17:17
There is no way an animating object can physically damage Lara. There are other things you could do to get her to loose health, like flipeffects.

Seth94
07-07-08, 17:37
How could I use a flipeffect for this red machine God Horus? What should I type in? :confused:

Not As We
07-07-08, 18:34
Maybe try using the drain health command,
It was ages ago since I used it
so i forget how to do it

but im sure someone will know how

=]

thecentaur
07-07-08, 19:08
or, you know, just rip it into the cog slot or any other trap that can hurt lara.

Seth94
07-07-08, 19:43
or, you know, just rip it into the cog slot or any other trap that can hurt lara.

I understand, but, won't the object move weirdly? - will I have to change some of it's animations? :confused:

Piega
07-07-08, 19:53
How many meshes has the object? You can see that in wadmerger. Copy the object in the catwalkblade, moving blade or plinth blade for instant death.

You can replace the mesh of the mine level machine with a small one so the entire machine will not kill Lara. Delete the blade in the animating one so you have a setup of two objects. One machine and one blade. Recalculate the blade trap with the machine deleted. I hope you understand the setup. If not PM me with your mail and I will fix your trap.

Seth94
07-07-08, 19:59
How many meshes has the object? You can see that in wadmerger. Copy the object in the catwalkblade, moving blade or plinth blade for instant death.

You can replace the mesh of the mine level machine with a small one so the entire machine will not kill Lara. Delete the blade in the animating one so you have a setup of two objects. One machine and one blade. Recalculate the blade trap with the machine deleted. I hope you understand the setup. If not PM me with your mail and I will fix your trap.

I get up to the "Recalculate bit" and then i'm totally lost. Keep tuned and I will PM it to you. ;)