PDA

View Full Version : NOOB THREAD: Or, save game help, please.

Voni
13-07-08, 17:25
Right, stupid question: I'm gonna have to reinstall The Sims 2, along with it's gadzillion expansion packs because of some odd loading error. I don't want to lose my saves though. Would I be able to back up the save files on CD and replace them on the hard drive after the install, or should it be done another way? Cheers!

EscondeR
13-07-08, 17:36
Yup, you can backup your savegames on CD or Flash drive :)

irjudd
13-07-08, 17:39
Best would be to burn the entire EA Games folder to a DVD, so as to preserve all custom content and all neighborhoods. (The one in My Documents)

spikejones
13-07-08, 17:55
not sure how the sims uninstall works, but every game I have ever uninstalled gave an option to keep the save game files (or at least did that automatically) so that when I reinstalled - they were still there.

But best to just back up those save files just in case.

Voni
13-07-08, 18:13
Cool, cheers you lot!

irjudd
13-07-08, 19:57
not sure how the sims uninstall works, but every game I have ever uninstalled gave an option to keep the save game files (or at least did that automatically) so that when I reinstalled - they were still there.

But best to just back up those save files just in case.Yep Sims'll do the same thing when uninstalled.

Either way, its always a good idea to have a save-backup routine, in case something silly like a power failure happens while your saves are being updated.