PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft/Batman Crossover Fancomic

Dark Knightwing
14-07-08, 12:48
Just an idea... I guess it isn't very original, but I'm into art and need a good project to keep me busy, so I think I'll give it a stab. My ideas for the story so far are...

The villain of the piece would be Ra's Al Ghul. Perhaps Lara discovers one of the fabled Lazarus Pits, and maybe steals an artifact from it? Then, when she returns to London, there's some charity party for the high society going on, which she attends. Coincidently, Bruce Wayne is there, Lara and him get along, (maybe slightly romantically), but Ra's crashes the party wanting Lara Croft to return whatever she stole from him. Quickly Bruce changes into Batman and helps Lara fight Ra's Society of Shadows. Their adventure could span to different countries, much like the B:TAS episode "Avatar".

Anyway, tell me what you think of the idea, and if anyone wants to help with the story, PM me. I'm thinking this crossover could lead to a Lara Croft solo comic.

touchthesky
14-07-08, 12:56
I am thinking it would be fantastic!

Dark Knightwing
14-07-08, 13:18
I am thinking it would be fantastic!

Cool! Glad you like the idea! I'll put character designs up soon. I'm going for a Bruce Timm style look so it'll be easier to colour on the computer.

tranniversary119
14-07-08, 14:08
I love both of them and a crossover would be brilliant :tmb:

rowanlim
14-07-08, 16:02
Sounds amazing, seriously good idea :tmb: ;)

PS. Dark Knightwing & TTS, your avatars are like...animated or something. I got the chills :D

Dark Knightwing
14-07-08, 23:10
Thanks guys!

Oh and Rowanlim, glad you like the avatars! Heath is gonna rock as the Joker - can't wait to see The Dark Knight next week in the IMAX!

krycekuva
15-07-08, 08:30
cool idea,.. raz would be great,.. but as for laras romance with bruce,.. i would propose it strictly sexual appeal, not deeper love;)...

perhaps the artifact lara need to find is the one that activates the lazarus pit. ;)

Dark Knightwing
15-07-08, 19:11
cool idea,.. raz would be great,.. but as for laras romance with bruce,.. i would propose it strictly sexual appeal, not deeper love;)...

Thanks! Yeah, I agree with that, both characters are loners, so I couldn't imagine anything serious between them.

perhaps the artifact lara need to find is the one that activates the lazarus pit. ;)

Great idea!!!

Earthcane
15-07-08, 19:20
Heya, Dark Knightwing-

Here's a plot summary/ review of the Avatar episode. It might help to flesh out some ideas :tmb:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/episodes/avatar/

The World's Finest is a great site- full of info on the original series'.

TRFanFemmeFatale
16-07-08, 05:52
Sounds awesome! What about Talia? I love crossover fanfics with Lara when done right. I wouldn't mind if there was just some sexual tension between Bruce and Lara. I like to think Lara a bit flirty and dangerous. Bruce can be a bit flirty. But Batman is serious and dangerous. Good luck with the writing and keep the muse as long as you can!

TombRaiderLover
16-07-08, 06:07
Sounds cool! I look forward to it. :)

JamesFKirk
16-07-08, 10:02
I had an idea of writing a crossover of similar sort. However, the main character was an original one (created by me, originating from TR universe). The whole thing was to contain both Batman and Lara, and was to be set in completely Gotham City. The main villain was to be Seth, who survived the colapse of the pyramid in the end of TR4.
Unfortunatelly, too many things happened since I thought of writing that, and with time and restart of the TR franchise the whole idea became moot.

Jedd Fletcher
17-07-08, 05:32
Actually, this is almost the same idea I came up with for A Knight and a Lady, which I have started writing some time ago. So if I may say so, the idea is not so original after all. Link (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4024812/1/A_Knight_and_a_Lady). My story similarly features Ra's Al Ghul as the villain and revolves around Lara unearthing an artifact that is directly related to the Lazarus Pit. She travels to Gotham at the invitation of Bruce Wayne for a charity auction, and things unfurl from there. Still, I would love too see how your version evolves and how it is illustrated.

Dark Knightwing
17-07-08, 12:58
Thanks for the comments guys... and Earthcane, the World's Finest link is great! I've been looking for a site with that kind of info'.

Oh, and Jedd Fletcher, I've never read this fan fiction before, I just thought Ra's was a pretty obvious choice for a Batman/Lara crossover, and considering both characters were born into wealth, Lara and Bats attending a charity event made sense to me.

The story I had in mind was actually inspired somewhat by an issue of "Batman and Son" where Bruce heads to a charity ball in London and confronts an army of Man-Bat's lead by Ra's daughter, Talia. The B:TAS episode “Avatar” is also a prime inspiration.

I wasn't claiming the idea was original, crossovers are done to dust these days, (I even found a Batman meets Indiana Jones fan film online) just I wanted to use two of my favourite characters, Lara Croft and Batman, and put them in a story together.

Also, I'd like to add that I thought of a similar story when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I had action figures of Lara Croft, Batman, Ra's etc and I acted out the storyline with my mates. When I got back into Tomb Raider again with the release of Anniversary, I remembered it, and realised it wasn't that bad an idea. I was looking into making a Tomb Raider comic book, so why not give that a shot?

tranniversary119
17-07-08, 13:06
I also think it would be a great idea to add in a female villain Catwoman maybe?

Dark Knightwing
17-07-08, 13:14
I also think it would be a great idea to add in a female villain Catwoman maybe?

Yeah good idea! I was thinking Talia, but Catwoman would be great too. When you think about it, her character isn't that different from Lara's. Both are rich, glamorous, adventurers, who won't stop at anything to get what they want.

Earthcane
17-07-08, 14:45
http://i38.************/2pr8juo.jpg

For all the Talia fans out there :cln:

tranniversary119
17-07-08, 18:06
Yeah good idea! I was thinking Talia, but Catwoman would be great too. When you think about it, her character isn't that different from Lara's. Both are rich, glamorous, adventurers, who won't stop at anything to get what they want.

Yup! that's why I think she'd be great. What other villains might you include? :o I might be interested in helping you write it. I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

**LARA LOVER**
17-07-08, 18:12
I think that sounds like an awesome idea! I can't wait to see The Dark Knight!!!

Dark Knightwing
17-07-08, 18:49
http://i38.************/2pr8juo.jpg

For all the Talia fans out there :cln:

:cln::cln::cln:

I love Talia. I remember before Batman Begins came out, there were all these rumours about a fifth Batman film starring Angelina Jolie as Talia and Liam Neeson as Ra's (who ended up landing the role in Begins). Unfortunately, this was before any indications of a franchise reboot, so George Clooney and Chris O'Donnel were set to return...

Yup! that's why I think she'd be great. What other villains might you include? :o I might be interested in helping you write it. I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

I would like to also include Lady Shiva... perhaps she could be a mercenary working for Ra's, who's trying to assassinate Lara Croft and retrieve the stolen artefact. I'd love fit the Joker in somewhere, but I just don't think there is a place for him. Maybe Bane could appear in one of the comics as well.

Earthcane
17-07-08, 18:49
Ditto that.

But might too many female leads overpower it?

EDIT: Scratch that. Lady Shiva sounds great too :tmb:

And Bane? Looks like you're snatching all the best villains out from under my nose, of my own fan-fic :p

Lol, Bane woud be awesome. :tmb:

Alive_and_Funky
17-07-08, 19:13
I like the sound of it and Ra's sounds like the perfect villain. :D
The story I had in mind was actually inspired somewhat by an issue of "Batman and Son" where Bruce heads to a charity ball in London and confronts an army of Man-Bat's lead by Ra's daughter, Talia.
The one where Alfred is trying to get Bruce to be more like, well, Bruce? :p

tranniversary119
17-07-08, 22:09
I've always thought a tomb hidden beneath gotham city sounded neat :whi:

Earthcane
17-07-08, 22:27
I've always thought a tomb hidden beneath gotham city sounded neat :whi:
Lol, it's called the Bat-cave. :p

Seriously, that sounds like a great idea.

Gotham's been around since the Revolution era, anyway. :tmb:

Heckler
17-07-08, 22:46
Very nice idea!!! i think it would be excellent if they fight each-other at the end......

Earthcane
17-07-08, 22:50
Very nice idea!!! i think it would be excellent if they fight each-other at the end......
Who- Batman and Lara?

The Dark Knight would totally kick her ass and serve it to her on a plate :pi:

Dark Knightwing
18-07-08, 00:15
Lol, it's called the Bat-cave. :p

Seriously, that sounds like a great idea.

Gotham's been around since the Revolution era, anyway. :tmb:

I agree that's a great idea tranniversary119! Maybe, while Lara is exploring the underground tomb she accidentally wonders into... the Bat-Cave! She trips several alarms so The Dark Knight deals with the intruder. The two can fight briefly, but little do they know, underneath the cave itself lies an evil beyond anything either of them have faced before…

Oh my god, I just got the chills.

Jedd Fletcher
18-07-08, 08:12
Thanks for the comments guys... and Earthcane, the World's Finest link is great! I've been looking for a site with that kind of info'.

Oh, and Jedd Fletcher, I've never read this fan fiction before, I just thought Ra's was a pretty obvious choice for a Batman/Lara crossover, and considering both characters were born into wealth, Lara and Bats attending a charity event made sense to me.

Also, I'd like to add that I thought of a similar story when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I had action figures of Lara Croft, Batman, Ra's etc and I acted out the storyline with my mates. When I got back into Tomb Raider again with the release of Anniversary, I remembered it, and realised it wasn't that bad an idea. I was looking into making a Tomb Raider comic book, so why not give that a shot?

No worries, I absolutely understand. Besides, there really needs to be more Lara Croft/Batman fanfics around-the pairing is just awesome. And, like you, the two are my favourite characters. And Earthcane, thanks for that gorgeous Talia picture! Yes, Lady Shiva could be an awesome villainess, just ensure that the story isn't too crowded with characters. And idea you might want to explore would be having TR villains in cahoots with Batman ones, instead of purely using Batman baddies. Of course, it may be out of canon, but how about a Takamoto/Ra's teamup? Or perhaps fleeting mentions of Natla, Rutland, Bartoli et al just for fun?

Dark Knightwing
18-07-08, 11:20
No worries, I absolutely understand. Besides, there really needs to be more Lara Croft/Batman fanfics around-the pairing is just awesome. And, like you, the two are my favourite characters. And Earthcane, thanks for that gorgeous Talia picture! Yes, Lady Shiva could be an awesome villainess, just ensure that the story isn't too crowded with characters. And idea you might want to explore would be having TR villains in cahoots with Batman ones, instead of purely using Batman baddies. Of course, it may be out of canon, but how about a Takamoto/Ra's teamup? Or perhaps fleeting mentions of Natla, Rutland, Bartoli et al just for fun?

Thanks man, adding a Tomb Raider villain would be a great idea. Maybe Ra's is after one of the artefacts Lara collected on a previous expedition. I was also thinking that perhaps Alfred knew Lara's parents somehow or could have some connection with the Crofts.

Anyway, I'll read your fan fiction after I've written mine, I'm sure it'll be great.

Earthcane
18-07-08, 17:00
So, when's all this kicking off? :)

Dark Knightwing
19-07-08, 22:38
So, when's all this kicking off? :)

Hopfully soon... I'll get working on the script for it next week, after I've seen TDK :)