PDA

View Full Version : A portrait of AJ.

Angelx14
19-07-08, 13:55
Yes, yes. I know what you all are gonna say, but I just wanna become a good artist and I think I'll better practice on one character for now, and when I'm imrpoving, I will draw other stuff, too. =] One day I hope to become as good as many other TRF members here or other great artists out there and as my idol - Elysia. =D Hopefully the words one member spoke on this forum shall come true and I really do become a good one in 10 years.

Critiques are welcome, as it's the best way of improvement.

http://mufflyn.deviantart.com/art/AJ-92156108

Nannonxyay
19-07-08, 14:00
Woah, that's impressive. I love the shading. It looks extremely like Angie. :tmb:

Bumio
19-07-08, 14:01
add more darker- lighter tones :)

the work is stunning :tmb:

Angelx14
19-07-08, 14:22
add more darker- lighter tones :)

the work is stunning :tmb:
Hmm, yes. Was thinking of the same thing, but I was kind of scared of overdo =p. I shall improve it later. I didn't feel as of finished job for it anyway.

Thank you both. :hug:

Nemo_91
19-07-08, 14:46
Wow! Amazing work :tmb: She looks so beautiful :D

Ikas90
19-07-08, 16:24
You make me so jealous!!! http://209.85.48.9/10176/56/emo/155.png

:p Great drawing, Agnes. I really think it's professional. :tmb: Everyone has their style, and yours is unique in its own way. She's 100% recognisable!

I couldn't draw if a poop would be my trophy.

young Lara Croft
19-07-08, 16:34
wonderful!!! I like the style! :tmb:

Alex Fly
19-07-08, 16:38
Superb piece of work ! :tmb:

xMyrax
19-07-08, 19:26
Hmm, yes. Was thinking of the same thing, but I was kind of scared of overdo =p. I shall improve it later. I didn't feel as of finished job for it anyway.

Great artists always take risks! :D It just might be worth it sometimes. Even if it didn't work out, then you've just learned not to do that move again :P Think you know that by now xD

1 thing, I'm a BIG fan of hands :D Drawing them is soooo difficult though and I think you did a really sweeeeeeeeeet job!! I like it a lot :D You have SO much potential so keep it up! You're taking steps towards total kick ass artwork :D You got the reference picture for us to see if we can point out a few things? :)

I know what you mean about sticking to drawing one reference photo, I'm doing the same :P Although I don't draw the same thing twice after each other, taking breaks and moving to other photos and books keeps me from getting bored of what I'm repeating :P Sorry for the rantage! D:

GO AGGEH!

Angelx14
19-07-08, 20:26
You make me so jealous!!! http://209.85.48.9/10176/56/emo/155.png

:p Great drawing, Agnes. I really think it's professional. :tmb: Everyone has their style, and yours is unique in its own way. She's 100% recognisable!

I couldn't draw if a poop would be my trophy.
I have a style? lol, I dunno why, but.. I dunno xDD.
Thank you, babes.

[oh God! You have poop trohpies? =O!!]

Great artists always take risks! :D It just might be worth it sometimes. Even if it didn't work out, then you've just learned not to do that move again :P Think you know that by now xD
You know, I never thought of that =p. Thank you. That advice is helpful xD.

1 thing, I'm a BIG fan of hands :D Drawing them is soooo difficult though and I think you did a really sweeeeeeeeeet job!! I like it a lot :D You have SO much potential so keep it up! You're taking steps towards total kick ass artwork :D You got the reference picture for us to see if we can point out a few things? :)

Clicky (http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/Angelx14/053.jpg)

I know what you mean about sticking to drawing one reference photo, I'm doing the same :P Although I don't draw the same thing twice after each other, taking breaks and moving to other photos and books keeps me from getting bored of what I'm repeating :P Sorry for the rantage! D:

GO AGGEH!
Ranting? What ranting? No worries, hon. :hug: Thank you.

Thank you for the comments, people! :hug:

Drone
19-07-08, 21:28
I like your style :) Good portrait and expression :tmb:

NightWish
19-07-08, 21:41
Everything is gorgeous! except the fingers look kinda scary

jarhead
19-07-08, 21:51
1 thing, I'm a BIG fan of hands :D

Me too, those hands are some of the best I've seen, and the lips and eyes are perfect. Looks absolutly amazing :tmb:

Angelx14
19-07-08, 22:05
Everything is gorgeous! except the fingers look kinda scary

Lol. I must agree with you there. It was my second attempt of drawing hands. =] But it doesn't matter much, as I don't feel it is finished yet.

Thank you all. =3

kryptonite23
20-07-08, 03:27
Nice work Agnes!! :tmb: :D

Spitfire
20-07-08, 04:23
I think it's incredible!
I'm a sucker for AJ sketches, but this is definitely one of the best I've seen and a top 3 favorite!

xMyrax
20-07-08, 07:56
Awwh linky no worky :( For why?

rowanlim
20-07-08, 08:15
Wow...That looks amazing, really looks like Angie! :tmb: ;)

Angelx14
20-07-08, 08:26
I think it's incredible!
I'm a sucker for AJ sketches, but this is definitely one of the best I've seen and a top 3 favorite!
Aww! That's so sweet! Thank you. You ain't a bad one either. I've seen your work, they all look amazing. I admire your skills with PS. =p
Awwh linky no worky :( For why?
No worky? =[ I R sowwy. I prolly messed up something. New clikcy (http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/Angelx14/?action=view&current=053.jpg) =3

Thank you all once again. :hug:

xMyrax
20-07-08, 09:06
*sob* Now you messed up your 'clicky' spelling ;-;

Wanna do some comparison and spot a few mistakes? xD *uses magic skillzzz*

http://i35.************/2vw8zky.jpg

Voila!
Let me know if you've done this before :P
It's something I do myself various times, just staring and comparing my sketch to the original.

Notice her pinky is slightly longer at the middle and her neck seems a bit tilted as well (The line to the right)...But thats just me xD I'm not always good at these things but take a reeeally good look at them both and circle what you think may have gone wrong and how you can improve. Also, do you divide your paper with lines and stuff before starting?

Angelx14
20-07-08, 09:30
*sob* Now you messed up your 'clicky' spelling ;-;

*sobs* =[

http://i35.************/2vw8zky.jpg
Voila!
Let me know if you've done this before :P
It's something I do myself various times, just staring and comparing my sketch to the original.

Notice her pinky is slightly longer at the middle and her neck seems a bit tilted as well (The line to the right)...But thats just me xD I'm not always good at these things but take a reeeally good look at them both and circle what you think may have gone wrong and how you can improve. Also, do you divide your paper with lines and stuff before starting?

Wow. You really do give nice advices there. Heh, I'd never think of that myself. Thank you very much, Myra. :hug: I shall redo the errors there when I'm in a mood for that. =3

xMyrax
20-07-08, 10:31
You don't even need to fix it :D Improving it on a new piece of paper is even better :) Shows your progress later on :) But if it's unfinished and you feel the need to work on it then theres no harm done :P I'm glad my advice was any of use for you :) Keep practicing and you'll go a really long way! :hug:

I r watchin y00 n0w :3

Autolycus
20-07-08, 19:55
That is awesome Agnes i've said it before and i'll say it again, you've got alot of talent hun.

tranniversary119
21-07-08, 14:50
Wow incredible :tmb: Great work!

[Xmas]
21-07-08, 14:53
Yep - it is amazing! :cln:

Angelx14
22-07-08, 11:50
That is awesome Agnes i've said it before and i'll say it again, you've got alot of talent hun.

Thanksy Craig, dear. :hug:

And thanks for teh comments =3

Ilie_Fusarau
22-07-08, 12:06
Vow!:eek::yik::eek: Angel it's almost identical it looks incredible !:tmb:

tonyme
06-11-08, 11:54
Absolutely lovely :D

young Lara Croft
06-11-08, 12:22
Great stuff! :tmb:
wonderful portrait!

Rileigh
06-11-08, 12:24
Wow, that's awesome!! :jmp:

I always want to do bigger, more detailed pictures. But I don't have the patience.
How long did it take??