PDA

View Full Version : Can you play games on a laptop?

Deamonella
22-07-08, 16:58
Simple question?Can you,and if you can,can you play a game like Oblivion or Legend?

just croft
22-07-08, 17:01
Yes you can... why did you think you couldn't?

chobits743
22-07-08, 17:26
Yeah, you can but make sure you get a good integrated card. An 8600 or even a 9800 integrated Nvidia card would be decent. As far as ATI, I would go with X1300 or something like that.

I didnt even know they made integrated Nvidia 9800 cards till I saw one with an Acer laptop!

Ilie_Fusarau
22-07-08, 17:40
Simple question?Can you,and if you can,can you play a game like Oblivion or Legend?
Depends on the laptop , what hardware it has .

just croft
22-07-08, 18:09
^^ Of course, no one in their best state of mind you try to play legend or obvilion in the 6GB desktop I have back there.

I'm in laptop at the moment, it says GeForceFX (I'm not really sure what that means but it's old) and I can play Legend, Anniversay, World Of Warcraft very very well... it's not as perfect as in a new PC nowadays, but that is exactly what you have to consider.

That is the main point if you buy a new pc now, a laptop, it will be able to play these games I just said a hundered time better and even better games, + being a laptop you can take it anywhere. So unless you spend 18h per day every week, month year, it's usless to spend way too much money on a Desktop just for the fact that games run better. In the world of tecnology every day there's something new, so don't bother to be constantly in the front line, it's a waste of money.

Deamonella
23-07-08, 12:58
Ok,thanks! :D

GeekOfComedy
23-07-08, 13:33
Yeah, you can but make sure you get a good integrated card. An 8600 or even a 9800 integrated Nvidia card would be decent. As far as ATI, I would go with X1300 or something like that.

I didnt even know they made integrated Nvidia 9800 cards till I saw one with an Acer laptop!

Integrated video cards are bad. You need a dedicated Also the X1300 is bad and out dated

chobits743
23-07-08, 14:04
Integrated video cards are bad. You need a dedicated Also the X1300 is bad and out dated

But you might have to accept that most laptops come with an integrated chip, most sold around this area come with an integrated chip, unless you can slap down around $1400-$1800 for a good gaming laptop. Most chips today come with the required hardware to play most games. Also, I know the X1300 is very outdated, but it comes with shaders and hardware that is needed in most graphics-intensive games, like shader 3.0. It seems a lot of games now need this requirement. I would suggest the new ATI HD cards, but I have no idea if they come in laptops.